Lighter and Princess was heavily carried by the two main leads and their perfect intense chemistry. 

Now I wonder, if there would be a korean remake, which korean actor/actress could pull it off?

I thought about this for a whole day, and i just could not think of anyone, but maybe you have suggestions. I would love to know.

I am also eager to hear, what variations in the storyline you could imagine for the drama. Where would a korean production change things and make it maybe an even better (or maybe more annoying) storyline?

It will be broadcasted in a Korean channel. Not a remake iirc.

Idk much of younger Korean actor/actress but perhaps Lomon (he could look both fierce and flirty) for Li Xun and Kim Yoojung for Zhu Yun (because a princess, of course) 

I also don't know much of younger Kdrama actors, but do you thing Kim young-dae can pull if off as LX with Kim Yoojung for ZY?  Lee Jong Suk came to mind but he's maybe too old for the role. Seo Kang Joon? or how about the Business Proposal pair - Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Sejong?

For me it would only work if they cast young actors, rookies or those who do not have any previous notable roles yet. It's better to start with a clean slate on this one.

Cha eun woo kim jisoo

Idk about Korean, but for a Thai remake, I recommend Bright and Tu from F4 :)

I'd cast Kim Young Dae and Yoon Seo Ah

I'd say Park Jeong Min for Li Xun (I know he is more on senior actor but he has very young face) and Lim Yoona. Their chemistry in the movie was palpable

Hear me out:

1. Hwang MinHyun as LiXun
  2. Jeon SoNee as Zhu Yun

Kim Yoo Jung as Zhu Yun

Kim Min Jae as Li Xun

Or for lesser known actors:

Kim Min Seo as Zhu Yun

and as Li Xun, any of the following:

1. Jeong Yun Ho 

2. Kim Young Dae

3. Park Ji Hoon

4. Kim Kyung Nam

Honestly, I couldn't imagine anyone playing Li Xun and Zhu Yun besides Feiyu and Jingyi. For me no one would fit their roles aside from them. 

Shay:

Idk about Korean, but for a Thai remake, I recommend Bright and Tu from F4 :)

Both Korean and Thai remake would be just fine for me since i love both hehe. But i hope Korea will do well haha i got quite disappointed on their remake of ALSB.

Allie:

Honestly, I couldn't imagine anyone playing Li Xun and Zhu Yun besides Feiyu and Jingyi. For me no one would fit their roles aside from them. 

so real . the expressions of li xun r unbeatable 

For Korean, I would like to see Kwak Dong Yeon and Choi Sung Eun.

Junho's role in Just Between Lovers reminded me of this one a bit, but it's hard to say who could pull off such a young role.