Okay so...when does she finally sleep with qian? Sleep as in have sex. On 13 and i see empress bringing up why no baby.

kdramaddict1:

Okay so...when does she finally sleep with qian? Sleep as in have sex. On 13 and i see empress bringing up why no baby.

ep 20 was their first night. there was another time they "slept together" afterwards but idr which ep

eira - i saw trailer on a later ep where ahe is laying in bed and she looked like she was preggers. Probably wishful thinking! Lol

kdramaddict1:

eira - i saw trailer on a later ep where ahe is laying in bed and she looked like she was preggers. Probably wishful thinking! Lol

haha unfortunately no that hasn't come up. maybe in the future we'll get to see that though since they're so lovey-dovey

eira:

@ren: ooooh that sounds like my cup of tea. where do/did you read it?

I read it on Mangarock app :))) it updates regularly too

eira:

Ahh thanks! Such a useful feature but so hidden lol

I noticed that too! Height differences in any dramas are so cute eek. Whenever he hugs her from the back it's like almost the perfect height difference where he can rest his chin on her head *o* But I need to check out his singing! I didn't expect him to be a singer from a group, I'm learning a lot from looking at his profile.

I didn't know either, but then I found out he's actually in M4M which was a Kpop idol group under Cube Entertainment. I actually downloaded their debut song Sadness when it first came out and really liked it, I just didn't realize at the time Alen was a member. Another fun fact is that it's the same group with Yu Bin who played Wen Ning in The Untamed. 

eira:
Height differences in any dramas are so cute eek

I know! I really think their looks complement each other so well, and honestly this ship is really the only thing getting me through all the SFL and ML's brother scenes haha! 

Episode 15 seems super sad

sulkytofu:
I didn't know either, but then I found out he's actually in M4M which was a Kpop idol group under Cube Entertainment

So talented! I somehow just can't picture him as an idol member though haha. He looks so nice when he's clean and collected without heavy makeup or dyed hair.

sulkytofu:
Another fun fact is that it's the same group with Yu Bin who played Wen Ning in The Untamed.

Not to get too off topic, but is The Untamed that good? Is there any romance? (I know it has bromance b/c of the novel it's based off of.) I tried to watch it several times but couldn't get into it past like ep 3...

eira:

So talented! I somehow just can't picture him as an idol member though haha. He looks so nice when he's clean and collected without heavy makeup or dyed hair.

Not to get too off topic, but is The Untamed that good? Is there any romance? (I know it has bromance b/c of the novel it's based off of.) I tried to watch it several times but couldn't get into it past like ep 3...

Omg the untamed is unrivalled. First episodes are hard to get through but once you do their are absolutely perfect.  first three are weird with the past/present interlinked but at episode 10 the story gets going and it is EPIC. No romance but the two leads actually make you wish this was BL. Their  every emotion is so palpable in their eyes. WWX AND LX literally scream perfection. 

eira:
is The Untamed that good? Is there any romance?

I think it's a matter of expectations! I personally loved it and am a big fan, but I also don't want to make your expectations too high so that when you watch it you become disappointed. Production quality is top-notch, and the costumes and OST are absolutely amazing. I will say that it's heavy on plot, character development, and politics (it's definitely not fluffy - although the beginning veers on comedy, there is significant angst in the middle) with the strengthening of the relationship between Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji occurring while all of these things happen. 

I think the drama is really watchable for BOTH people who aren't interested in the relationship between the two main characters, as well as for people who want to see their "romance." There is obviously no physical intimacy (although there is a lot of skinship sometimes!), but a lot of people say that the journey the two male leads experience and the pain and joys they share together make them bound by soul/mates for life. So it really depends on your interpretation and what you are into! You may like it more if you watch some of the further episodes - the first couple episodes focus on present day, and then it goes back to when WWX and LWJ first meet and their "school days" together in the Cloud Recesses. Let me know what you think if you decide to watch it! 

eira:
somehow just can't picture him as an idol member though haha.

Haha, totally agree. If it helps, he was the leader of the group - responsible in the drama, responsible in real life too! I think he transitioned to acting really well because I had no idea he was an idol member at all, I really thought he started off as an actor. 

Sounds like it's a must watch! I guess I'll give it another shot since I'm running out of things to watch anyways. Thanks for the motivation guys~ Will let you all know how I feel about it after a few eps :3

sulkytofu:
I think he transitioned to acting really well because I had no idea he was an idol member at all, I really thought he started off as an actor

Right! Idols are so talented on so many fronts, it's amazing how one can have so many abilities. Have you watched any of his other dramas before? I'm tempted to watch some just for him now hahaha

ren :

I read it on Mangarock app :))) it updates regularly too

Ty!! I'm all caught up already and they're just so cute hahaha. The way they illustrate it is so cute too, from manhua style to chibi XD

ren - is mangarock avail in US? I am searching for it in playstore and I don't see it. Also, is the manga in english ?

eira:
Have you watched any of his other dramas before?

I'm waiting for subs for Childhood Sweethearts Pianist, but I generally feel a little weird about watching several dramas with the same lead actor at the same time - I think it's because it makes it hard for me to get invested in the romance if I'm watching them with other leads simultaneously (and even worse when one pairing clearly has more chemistry than the other!) I was also interested in Legend of the White Snake since it's on Netflix, but I haven't heard great things about that one so I decided to start The Love By Hypnotic first and glad that I did. I think though that it's only recently that Alen's been getting main lead roles in larger budget productions, so I'm happy to see his progression and definitely am becoming a fan of his! 

eira:
Will let you all know how I feel about it after a few eps :3

For sure you have to if you decide to watch! 

kdramaddict1:
mangarock avail in US?

I have it downloaded but I'm an iphone user! Unfortunately I believe the website was taken down or that the owners have decided to stop hosting it because it was criticized for hosting stolen content and making money off of it.  I think the Webtoon may be available on the Lezhin app but unfortunately you have to either pay or it's only available in Chinese. 

I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO EPISODE 18 SINCE IT'S BE ALL SUBBED ON YOUTUBE AND WHEW! I feel bad for Yunsi, but in all honesty there's really no comparison to Li Qian. The confession scene in Episode 18 was so beautifully filmed and emotional, and the way that Li Qian consistently puts Mingyue's feelings and her health above his is so moving. His loyalty and his love for her make it very difficult for me to be sympathetic to Yunsi, especially with Yunsi's unwillingness to communicate with Mingyue and listen to what she's trying to tell him. 

I also love that kind of irony - that Mingyue is trying to help Li Qian recover his memory, but it turns out that she's struggling with parts of her memory as well after her brother hypnotized her. I'm really excited to see what goes on from here (although I really, really hope it won't be tragic since it seems like we still have a hefty amount of episodes to go!)