So right sulktofu! I did not see a tragedy tag so I think it will have a happy ending but seems like we will encounter some conflicts that will make us want to drop. I am going to stick with it because it is a good drama. I love when he is sleep walking and the funny things he does. lol  Yeah.. SFL - I think eventually she gets with psycho brother. hopefully they kill them off( at least psycho bro)  lol. I really hate when dramas allow people that do horrible things to get a second change..like all of a sudden they are forgiven when they should not be.

@kdramaddict1: idr which ep they tell you, but she was hypnotized by her brother (also forgot his name lol) because she was originally unwilling to marry Li Qian. After being hypnotized she was willing to marry off for the sake of her country

@ren: how is the manhua? I just found out it's based on a manhua yesterday so I was thinking to check it out :3 but does it have anything to do with hypnosis there too?

@sulkytofu: right? they always say if you really love someone, you'd let them go or at least all you want is to see them happy. clearly that's not true for him smh. He's really stepping out of his boundaries...

For anyone watching it with subs (probably most people), idk if you want me to spoil it so I'll just say that the scenes from the OST clips are coming soon but don't worry. the drama seems to have gotten back to the light and cute tone again (~ep 18). Pull through and it'll get better again lol

@eira - I included can/will include spoilers in the title so if people don't want to see spoilers they can keep it pushing. Ahh...I thought that would probably be the situation. She was not willing to marry him so he hypnotized her.

SML - definitely has no respect for their marriage. I mean dude got in the bathtub with LQ. like really??!! He knew she would try to sneak a peak which is why he did that. but sooo disrespectful. Though I thought that LQ deserved to be jealous for a change. lol

@eria - I know you mentioned princess silver before. Is it really good? I am on ep 9 but put it on hold to watch this and a few other dramas. I read in the comments that the FL had a son..umm did she have a son with ?

Just making sure! ^^ But yeah so basically Yunsi is her ex lover before being hypnotized and those scenes were their past love. Her brother hypnotized her because she only wanted to be with Yunsi.

Princess Silver had a really similar plot (FL has amnesia before getting married off) and started interesting just like this drama but it got a bit whack/ridiculous halfway through to the end and the last few episodes weren't very satisfying. It also depends on who you ship FL with though. She kind of had several love interests so it got pretty annoying just like this drama tbh. ML/FL were a loving couple and you can just see it from how ML treats and supports her, the second leads were also cute (cute and supportive sister-in-law there too!). It's probably not as fun of a watch as Hypnotic since it's more serious and lengthier. But yes, she did have a son with ML near the end. I'd still recommend watching overall, but you just might need to overlook some things and bear through some mediocre or even infuriating eps.

eira:

@kdramaddict1: idr which ep they tell you, but she was hypnotized by her brother (also forgot his name lol) because she was originally unwilling to marry Li Qian. After being hypnotized she was willing to marry off for the sake of her country

@ren: how is the manhua? I just found out it's based on a manhua yesterday so I was thinking to check it out :3 but does it have anything to do with hypnosis there too?

@sulkytofu: right? they always say if you really love someone, you'd let them go or at least all you want is to see them happy. clearly that's not true for him smh. He's really stepping out of his boundaries...

For anyone watching it with subs (probably most people), idk if you want me to spoil it so I'll just say that the scenes from the OST clips are coming soon but don't worry. the drama seems to have gotten back to the light and cute tone again (~ep 18). Pull through and it'll get better again lol

The manhua is called Prince Dont Do This

tbh it's really cute hahahaha but Li Qian in the drama is more animated lol

huixin is more annoying here in the drama coz in the manhua she is a concubine of the emperor so her dreams of getting so close to Li Qian is close to impossible hahahahahahahahahaha

no hypnosis thingy (which is a plus coz it added spice)

Li Qian's friends, well, they're full on teasing him which is cute hahaha (the same in the drama)

idk if they're going to add more characters since we're just on ep 14. and yes, Mingyue was subjected to political struggles for more than 2x in the manhua 

Manhua spoiler: in the manhua, Li Qian will have a 2nd wife but fear not she made it clear she doesn't want to be his 2nd wife.

it has close to 280 chaps but it's a fast read :>

@ren: ooooh that sounds like my cup of tea. where do/did you read it?

I hope it gets better. Lolol. On episode 12 where he drags her to their bedroom. I. Cannot. Wait. For. Kisses. Ppl are really hyping me up. Supposed to be real hot 

IRIS-:

I hope it gets better. Lolol. On episode 12 where he drags her to their bedroom. I. Cannot. Wait. For. Kisses. Ppl are really hyping me up. Supposed to be real hot 

they're so satisfying, I promise you. and sometimes there's several steamy kisses in one episode ahhh. i feel like even if the plot goes downhill, I'd still watch for their romance cuz they're just so cute!!

if he goes downhill we can just skip to the good parts! lol

kdramaddict1:
I am going to stick with it because it is a good drama. I love when he is sleep walking and the funny things he does. lol  Yeah.. SFL - I think eventually she gets with psycho brother. hopefully they kill them off( at least psycho bro)  lol. I really hate when dramas allow people that do horrible things to get a second change..like all of a sudden they are forgiven when they should not be.

Agree. Gonna hold off and wait a bit before, especially now that I've heard there's a lot of romantic parts coming up! I will not lie, I've skipped a lot of the parts with the SFL (although I'm not going to lie, as much as I really don't like the ML's brother, sometimes I watch the his scenes because I think he is really handsome, haha). Really excited to see all the steamy and cute parts, because this is what really drew me in when I first started watching the drama! 

eira:
But yeah so basically Yunsi is her ex lover before being hypnotized and those scenes were their past love. Her brother hypnotized her because she only wanted to be with Yunsi.

OH MY GOD! I didn't realize that.... wait really? That changes up A LOT of things, I thought that Yunsi was just her "best childhood friend." I did know that her brother hypnotized her, but I didn't know that they had a relationship in the beginning which makes me rethink a lot about how I currently don't really like the SML. Still am wary of him, but at least now I understand a lot more about where he is coming from. 

I'm really shocked that this is the FL actress's first drama - their kiss scenes are soooooo hot and I can't wait to see the one in Ep 18 and 19 that everyone keeps talking about. No wonder this was tagged "steamy kisses" haha! 

sulkytofu:

OH MY GOD! I didn't realize that.... wait really? That changes up A LOT of things, I thought that Yunsi was just her "best childhood friend." I did know that her brother hypnotized her, but I didn't know that they had a relationship in the beginning which makes me rethink a lot about how I currently don't really like the SML. Still am wary of him, but at least now I understand a lot more about where he is coming from. 

I'm really shocked that this is the FL actress's first drama - their kiss scenes are soooooo hot and I can't wait to see the one in Ep 18 and 19 that everyone keeps talking about. No wonder this was tagged "steamy kisses" haha! 

Yeah so he's not completely without reason for being so aggressive, but it's still a little too much imo. 

Right? This role suits her well and I think she's doing a good job of making FL look really cute and innocent without over-doing it. Also just realized the ending song is sang by ML and FL wow, makes me love it even more~

Side question: how do you quote just a part of someone's post (like what you did)? I can't figure out how to do it lol

eira:
how do you quote just a part of someone's post (like what you did)? I can't figure out how to do it lol

Haha no problem, I had soooo many struggles at first trying to figure out how to do this. I just highlight the exact sentence or part that I want using my mouse, and then I click "quote!" 

eira:
he's not completely without reason for being so aggressive, but it's still a little too much imo. 

Agree. His aggressiveness at this point is incredibly rude and disrespectful. I wish I could feel more for him, but I can't really see him at all being a serious competitor to ML at this point. 

I also love how cute the FL is! They also have this really squee-worthy height difference. AND YES - the ending song is my favourite. There's this REALLY good clip of Alen singing it live while playing the piano on Xiao Hong Shu. The other songs are really good too, and I've been unable to stop replaying all of the OSTs. 

Ahh thanks! Such a useful feature but so hidden lol

sulkytofu:
They also have this really squee-worthy height difference

I noticed that too! Height differences in any dramas are so cute eek. Whenever he hugs her from the back it's like almost the perfect height difference where he can rest his chin on her head *o* But I need to check out his singing! I didn't expect him to be a singer from a group, I'm learning a lot from looking at his profile.