So far I am on episode 10. ML (Li Qian ) childhood friend is delusional.  Like sis..the man does not want you romantically. like he clearly stated he sees you as a sister. What's up with his psycho brother?!! I legit hate the guy. Is the emperor dumb?!! Do you guys think he knows the brother is trying to kill Ming Yue ?  

I feel you on this, the love interests that are around drive me insane. You're probably going to go nuts soon because the next few episodes get even MORE frustrating... I almost dropped the drama because of those few episodes, but thankfully didn't because it gets better again.

The brother though, I'm not surprised. It's the typical thirst for power so each person is just more sly than the other. I don't think the emperor knows exactly that the brother is plotting against Ming Yue, but he can certainly tell something is up. In most dramas, the emperor is really clever and even if they don't mention or say something straight up, they always know what's happening because they were once just like the brothers fighting for power; they're just as cunning but tactful.

I am now on episode 11 and umm I just want to punch Li Qian in the throat. I mean I know MY was wrong to use hypnosis without his permission but dang...arghh..so when does it get better..i.e. when will i no longer want to punch LQ in the throat?

I most say I love that her sis-in-law likes her and the type of relationship they have. sis-in-law doesn't like the delusional chic.

The infuriating eps are from 12-17, but it peaked at probably ep 14-15 and that's where I really wanted to drop so brace yourself! But that newest ep or two (17-18) is where it takes a turn for the better and has several steamy kisses though so stay tuned!!

But I agree! I love dramas where there's a supportive sibling in arranged marriages, it's just so adorable~~ So far, this drama is giving me hardcore Princess Silver vibes, except it's just a more lighthearted and cute version.

Where did you watch ep 13-17? I don't see it on tencent video 

I watched it raw on maplestage but if you need subs I'm not sure if they're out yet

Yeah, I'm at the point of thinking of dropping as well! I'm not sure why - I love how this started as fluffy and adorable, and how it did a lot of really interesting things that I feel were very fresh in romcoms (i.e. like FL being friends with the ML's sister, FL helping ML to shoot the arrows when the ML was drugged, FL and ML agreeing to work together to figure out his memory, etc. ) but then there are these moments where you have ML's brother endlessly scheming and the second FL not understanding what "no" means which kind of ruins the atmosphere. I feel like it would have been so much better if we had the ML brother and second FL just be another couple instead instead of trying to use them to make the plot more "serious" and "intense." Another thing is that I'm really not feeling the second male lead (maybe it's because it took so long to introduce him?) On the other hand however, the music and ost for this drama is AMAZING and I love the title track. 

sulkytofu:

Yeah, I'm at the point of thinking of dropping as well! I'm not sure why - I love how this started as fluffy and adorable, and how it did a lot of really interesting things that I feel were very fresh in romcoms (i.e. like FL being friends with the ML's sister, FL helping ML to shoot the arrows when the ML was drugged, FL and ML agreeing to work together to figure out his memory, etc. ) but then there are these moments where you have ML's brother endlessly scheming and the second FL not understanding what "no" means which kind of ruins the atmosphere. I feel like it would have been so much better if we had the ML brother and second FL just be another couple instead instead of trying to use them to make the plot more "serious" and "intense." Another thing is that I'm really not feeling the second male lead (maybe it's because it took so long to introduce him?) On the other hand however, the music and ost for this drama is AMAZING and I love the title track. 

I totally understand how you feel but don't drop it. Let's hang in there. Second female lead has to be the most delusional female lead that I have seen. I mean it's not like he gave her missed signals. How many I am not interested signals does he have to give for her to get it?!! Yeah his brother is annoying as hell. I legit want to kick him in his throat and balls. Lol 

eira:

I watched it raw on maplestage but if you need subs I'm not sure if they're out yet

Okay. Yeah subs are not out yet.

sulkytofu:

This exactly! I can deal with the second FL because it's just so typical that they'd have some pestering character like that, but the second ML... just no. I honestly think even if they made the second ML less hostile and aggressive, those episodes would've been so much more bearable. I thought this drama was going to be another one of my top faves because the beginning of the story was so fresh and cute/fun but once the brother showed up I was so disappointed...

I agree though, the OSTs are so good! I'm looping the ending theme right now haha

eira:

The infuriating eps are from 12-17, but it peaked at probably ep 14-15 and that's where I really wanted to drop so brace yourself! But that newest ep or two (17-18) is where it takes a turn for the better and has several steamy kisses though so stay tuned!!

But I agree! I love dramas where there's a supportive sibling in arranged marriages, it's just so adorable~~ So far, this drama is giving me hardcore Princess Silver vibes, except it's just a more lighthearted and cute version.

OMG THANK GOD. I am so done with Yunsi in the drama

i read the manhua and it's one of my faves. tbh the YUNSI phase is the most frustrating one (but i like seeing Li Qian's jealousy hahahahahaha)

So I managed to watch 13 raw and some of 14. Lol at Google translate. I could tell that MY lost her memory of umm cant remember his name. But why was she hypnotized to forget him? Thoughts? Stopped after 14 because I want real english translations!

kdramaddict1:
Second female lead has to be the most delusional female lead that I have seen. I mean it's not like he gave her missed signals. How many I am not interested signals does he have to give for her to get it?!!

Totally agree! Then again, I think that's what's frustrating me the most - for the sake of "creating conflict" they keep her character in the show, despite how clear ML is against her feelings. What's worse is that she has the ML's brother who is so dedicated to her, and yet she can't even see his feelings (although at the same time, this absolutely doesn't justify how crazy the ML's brother is to the ML). I'll definitely give it a try and keep going on, but I'm a little wary about the potential of what I thought was a fluffy romcom spiralling into this angst-laden and tragedy for the sake of tragedy narrative that I really hope won't happen. 

eira:
but the second ML... just no. I honestly think even if they made the second ML less hostile and aggressive, those episodes would've been so much more bearable. I thought this drama was going to be another one of my top faves because the beginning of the story was so fresh and cute/fun but once the brother showed up I was so disappointed...

I totally understand... I think also I just don't really get the Second ML. If you really liked her and were all "aggressive" and "intense," why didn't you just talk to FL before she had to leave? Also my issue is that his complete disrespect for the ML and the FL's relationship is a little irritating - after all, she is already married, and her marriage has social and political implications. 

I really, really hope they keep the fresh and cute tone throughout. But I'm really thinking this isn't going to happen, which makes me a little nervous. The official OST clips were released on the Tencent Youtube channel today, and I saw a bunch of clips where it looks like the Second ML and the FL may? get together? for a short time (or at least he kisses her on the forehead, and there are shots of them holding hands together). Not sure what that means, but it really doesn't give me any good feelings.