I read an article from the actress who played Da Kyung, and she said she thought the character was very pitiful. She said Da Kyung offered her body and soul to Ta Oh despite being married, and a word that suitably describes her was 'love'.  However, viewers often don't realise that and only focus on the character seducing a married man.  Thoughts?

and is she even a loving mother? remember when taeoh was at the police station? Sunwoo went to save him because she knew joonyoung's life as a murderer's son would be hell. Dakyung, however, chose petty revenge over Jenny's future because that was more important to her. Funnily enough i think that's what makes Sunwoo different from dakyoung in taeoh's eyes (not that he should even judge cause hes a piece of... lol) but when he got out of the police station and told dakyoung that he was "jennie's dad, too" meaning, "why didn't you care about our child? sunwoo did." dakyoung just wants an ideal family and everything to be perfect. i don't think she actually cares about her child  deeply. 

lol. suckks to suck i guess, taeoh. haha

pitiful as in her petty excuse of attitude and actions, then yes. she's very pitiful.  she ain't no loving mother. its all a mask and fake pretense to protect a 'perfect' family that never existed. she's delusional and needs counselling more than the kid she used. 

I for one thinks about Da Kyung in a different way. She is Pitiful and I feel Sorry for her. 

What I wanted to say is that whatever she has done is not the right thing, however, I could understand her.

Also, the people who are blaming her for being in a relationship with a married man, it is simply not her fault. It was solely Tae Oh's fault. He is the one who is married and he has to protect the marriage. In the First few episodes he tries to have both of them by lying to her that he is Sick of Sun Woo, He only loves her and will get a divorce.

Also, to the people bad mouthing her because she tried to take the Son away from Sun Woo, it was her desperate attempt to keep the marriage in tact. That was what all the wives has done in this drama. Also, in her point of view, Sun Woo tried to get a Divorce by making Tae Oh an Assaulter, humiliated her and her family, made her to leave the town,etc. In her point of view, Sun Woo is not normal. So, Maybe, Whatever she was doing was also for the peace of mind of Tae Oh.

Also, if you have noticed during the last few episodes, all that they talk about is about Tae Oh's son. Which, thinking from her point of view is actually heartbreaking.

She despite being young and with no experience is trying to raise a Teenager with problems just for the sake of keeping her marriage in tact is a really hard task. And I personally think that she must be appreciated for her effort.

i think it's reasonable to forgive people doing bad or morally wrong things in desperate times , but i just don't see how her getting a divorce counts as a desperate enough situation for all the harm she's causing. I also can't forgive her for getting joonyoung, an innocent, involved. that just shows she's a horrible person. But I wouldn't say anyone in this show is a decent person lol, everyone ranges from slightly bad or selfish to pyscho. Everyone has flaws but no ones with a complete lack of humanity. The one thing I feel sorry for dakyoung is that taeoh doesn't care about jenny as much as he does joonyoung. Dakyoung and him are meant to be in-this-together-antagonists. like "yeah, i'll do all this bad stuff with you but it's fine cause we have each other." so i feel she's been pretty betrayed. Even the joker has harley quinn's loyalty lol. Everyone is a product of how they're raised, anyway. Her parents are awful, no wonder she acts the way she does. But her parents were probably raised in the same way, so it's like... how far back can you really pin the blame on environment?

I actually disagree. I do kinda feel sympathy for Dakyung. She is a young girl that fell in love with the wrong man, and in order to keep their relationship floating she did a lot of disgusting and terrible things, but Sunwoo did too. That's the thing I love about this drama, they make it very clear "no one's innocent". Dakyung might've taken Joonyoung just to keep Taeoh away from Sunwoo, but you can't deny she actually tried to do something good for him, she found a counselor for him, she told him he was wrong sometimes (and never in a rude way), she tried to make him feel comfortable in the new house, and she did all of this out of love for Taeoh (and I guess obsession too). And yeah she did get all crazy at the end and yelled at him, but she tried, and she tolerated as much as could (because let's be honest, Joonyoung isn't even her son, she also went through a lot).

Eileen Carvajal:

I actually disagree. I do kinda feel sympathy for Dakyung. She is a young girl that fell in love with the wrong man, and in order to keep their relationship floating she did a lot of disgusting and terrible things, but Sunwoo did too. That's the thing I love about this drama, they make it very clear "no one's innocent". Dakyung might've taken Joonyoung just to keep Taeoh away from Sunwoo, but you can't deny she actually tried to do something good for him, she found a counselor for him, she told him he was wrong sometimes (and never in a rude way), she tried to make him feel comfortable in the new house, and she did all of this out of love for Taeoh (and I guess obsession too). And yeah she did get all crazy at the end and yelled at him, but she tried, and she tolerated as much as could (because let's be honest, Joonyoung isn't even her son, she also went through a lot).

Yeah Exactly my point.

At last found someone who agrees with me regarding this one. ^_^

Many people just consider Da Kyung as a plain evil character. I loved her character very much. She's just like Sun Woo, but young and foolish. She's a really well Written character. 

People are prejudiced towards her character just because she had a relationship with a married man. Misplaced sense of righteousness I would say. 

I dont pity her but I dont hate her too.  She was young, privileged and sheltered. I blamed her parents. She truly believed it was love (like most third wheel in an affair, they thought what they fought for was love) and at times she was played and lied to. I hate Tae Oh the most tbh.

I feel she had a big emptyness inside her mother was a reclaimed artist and I feel she felt little and worthless compare to her parents. she had this confidence problem and as a result she even feeling her choices were wrong yet she was too frighten to accept that and tried to go on with lies and the weight of too many doubts and lies broken her gradually. 

I am so worry for the actress takes on DK character, she seems to have same problem dk had. what dk gave TO wasn't unconditioning love, it was an attempt to receive attention from an older man and way to prove to herself that she's different and worthy. here TO's love for his family was a big reason she wanted to get him for herself. 

I hated TO a lot he was week and twisted, a disastrous mess but DK wasn't in love and TO too. he was in a relationship that maybe were losing the first years excitement and tried to re-produce those feelings again, it was a game for him, he didn't even respect the girl! as he had respect for SW! 

I don't have any sympathy for her, because no matter what no one should come in between a couple, married or not, especially one with children . Even if the husband or wife decides to have an affair the person that they want to have it with should use their own brain instead of following their desire or whatever.  Da Kyung character is a way to pathetic to sympathize with her, bcs someone who decides to be someone's  lover isn't worth any respect in my eyes. I especially hate it when people try to justify an affair with love, what Tae Oh did. So even if he told her pretty little lies to keep her by his side it doesn't justify her attitude. And the fact that she acted as if she was the poor victim in this mess is worth a solid laugh. Seo Woo might have crossed a line while fighting for the custody of her son during the divorce, but she did it out of desperation and fear of losing him, so the way Da Kyung and Tae Oh behaved towards her as if she was the guilty one was just pathetic. 

Eileen Carvajal:

I agree that she fell for the wrong guy and he sweet talked her, but let's be honest if she has had some morals and brain cells she wouldn't have crossed the line she shouldn't have crossed. It's not like she didn't knew he has a wife and a son. I know it's just a drama but those things also happen in real life to real people. 

In my opinion people who cheat, no matter of their reasons, are disgusting cowards... and their lovers are equally disgusting bcs they have the knowledge that they shouldn't do it, but end up doing it anyway. I can have sympathy only for the people who aren't aware of the fact that they are seeing someone who is already married. 

I don't what to judge or offend u in any way, but the fact that u think that Da Kyung is wort sympathy only bcs Tae Oh simply shouldn't cheat on Sun Woo, doesn't put a good light on you even here when u can anonymously state your opinions. 

I don't think that the fact that Tae Oh is the one that should keep his weeding promises to Sun Woo intact justifies the fact that Da Kyung became a relationship with a married man with full conscience aware of the consequences. 

People shouldn't cheat no matter what. They just should stop being cowards and put all the cards on the table and be honest, even though I know it's easier said than done. Even the most heartbreaking truth is better than a life full of lies and mistrust. 

i for one don't even understand why ppl hate her so much like she wasn't the one who was married and cheated. she shouldn't have done it yeah, but she wasn't breaking anyone's trust and she definitely wasn't the one who broke their relationship it was taeoh. in general i feel ppl direct more hatred towards the 'other woman' than they should bc that's like charging someone who committed assault for murder. compared to what he did, her deeds are simply bad choices she isn't any sort of evil.

jjonghaos:

i for one don't even understand why ppl hate her so much like she wasn't the one who was married and cheated. she shouldn't have done it yeah, but she wasn't breaking anyone's trust and she definitely wasn't the one who broke their relationship it was taeoh. in general i feel ppl direct more hatred towards the 'other woman' than they should bc that's like charging someone who committed assault for murder. compared to what he did, her deeds are simply bad choices she isn't any sort of evil.

She may not have broken their family directly, and we cannot be sure there wouldn't be another woman if not her, but her act is as disgusting as his. It is different when the mistress is also deceived and doesn't know that the man is married, but she knew. And later on wanted to keep him by her side bcs she got pregnant, as if his wife didn't have a child with him already.  Tae Oh has his share of guilt. He deceived his wife and cheated on her and later on did more despicable things, but Da Kyung is maybe a bit less but also guilty. 

Only bcs it was Tae Oh's responsibility to keep his marriage and be faithful and he failed it, she didn't discourage him.  She instead went to bed with a married man, being fully aware of his marital status. 

So yeah, maybe she didn't break anyone's trust, but she did destroy their family.

That's why people hate her. Even though later on she tried keeping her marriage together and that's why she acted the way she did.

Mistress, who knows what she is doing is as guilty as cheating husband.