Tamia Liu - Lou Xue Yan
Ireine Song - Luo Tan

Peter Sheng - Ji Yu Shu
Elvis Han - Gao Yang
Fu Xiu Yi - Ethan Juan

Zhao Li Xin - Emperor Yong Le
Liu Min Tao - Empress Xian De
Edward Zhang - Huang Fu Hao
 I'm obviously playing around a lil bit with the ages. But God was this hard to think.

Shen Miao - Zhao Liying/Fan Bingbing

Xie Jing Xing - Hu Ge/Chen Xingxu

Fu Xiu Yi - Li Yifeng/Huang Xiaoming/Chen Xingxu/Feng Shaofeng

Pei Lang - Zhu Yilong

*i hope if there is adaptation, it wont fall short from the novel. My top fave novel

*reminded of the Poison Genius Consort ???

PinkyPatrick:

Shen Miao - Zhao Liying/Fan Bingbing

Xie Jing Xing - Hu Ge/Chen Xingxu

Fu Xiu Yi - Li Yifeng/Huang Xiaoming/Chen Xingxu/Feng Shaofeng

Pei Lang - Zhu Yilong

*i hope if there is adaptation, it wont fall short from the novel. My top fave novel

*reminded of the Poison Genius Consort ???

XJX's supposed to be reaaaallllly hot riight? The way the author goes on about it...

And they don't get older than 25 (XJX) and 20(SM) in the story, if you exclude the epilogue..

I mean SM is 14 years old  at the beginning when she starts dealing with the second and third household of Shen Jia. 

Tbh, my dream cast is not really realistic. Torn between age, appearance and acting skill

PinkyPatrick:

Tbh, my dream cast is not really realistic. Torn between age, appearance and acting skill

me too. I can't shake off the feeling that the younger generation actresses is not yet at level or experience to give life to Shen Miao.  and as ShenMiao98  mentioned, where in the world can we get godlike looks for Xie JingXing? hahaha...

But I also thought of Zhao Liying for Shen Miao. her chubby cheeks can totally pull of the younger look type, and I think Chubbycheeks will approve

anyway personally here is my pick:

• Shen Miao - Zhang LiYing
  • Xie JingXing - Mark Chao
  • Fu Xiu Yi - Deng Lun
  • Pei Lang - Zhu Yilong
  • Shen Family + Lou Family
    • Shen Xin - Jin Dong
    • Lou Xue Yan  - Fan Bing Bing
    • Shen Qiu - Joe Cheng
    • Ren Wan Yun - Ma Li Yi
    • Shen Yuan -  Zhang Han
    • Shen Qing - Peng Xiao Ran
    • Chen Ruo Qiu - Ruby Lin
    • Shen Yue  - Yang Zi
    • Lou Tan - Seven Tan
    • Lou Ling - Leon Zhang
    • Mo Qing - Leo Lou
  • Imperial Family of Ming Qi
    • Emperor of MingQi - Wu Xiu Bo
    • Prince Yu - Tu Song Yan
  • Xie Royal Family/ XJX people
    • Gao Yang - Greg Hsu
    • Ji Yu Shu - Wang Anyu
    • Emperor Yong Le - Huang Xiao Ming
    • Empress of Yong Le - Liu Tao
    • Cao Yang - Steven Zhang

though if there is no limit to nationality/language, I kept picturing Hamabe Minami. After I saw her in Kakegurui I can see her as Shen Miao. 

I know...the  whole age thing, but after watching the Legends and Arsenal Military Academy, here are my top 2 picks:

• Shen Miao - Bai Lu
  • Xie JingXing - Xu Kai

They already have chemistry...and Xu Kai can definitely do cold and avenging after playing Mo Qing.

ecwc:

Saya tahu ... masalah usia, tetapi setelah menonton Legends dan Akademi Militer Arsenal, berikut adalah 2 pilihan terbaik saya:

• Shen Miao - Bai Lu
  • Xie JingXing - Xu Kai

Mereka sudah memiliki chemistry ... dan Xu Kai pasti bisa melakukan tindakan dingin dan balas dendam setelah bermain Mo Qing. 

I think its impossible :"  bcs KaiLu couple have an trouble.. if u remember case of drama ShangShi (Imperial Feast) it started with bailu as FL, but... yah YZ separate bailu and xukai.. to be honest im a cpf of kailu :")

Lol, I don't know where I'm supposed to fit anyone, all I know is that I've been waiting for yang mi to be cast as a villainous FL in a historical political drama.

Pritchit:

Lol, I don't know where I'm supposed to fit anyone, all I know is that I've been waiting for yang mi to be cast as a villainous FL in a historical political drama.

I have to agree with that. It would be interesting to say the least. She has the vibe around here

Xie JingXing: Arthur Chen

Shen Miao: Lin Yun

Pei lang:  Zhao Lan Zhi

Fu Xiu Yi : Tang Shan Hai

My wishlist.....so looking forward to the drama....loved the book....though I am super excited that Jun Juiling comes out this year which is another fav

Dream cast:

- Shen Miao: Zhao Liying, Li Yitong, Liqin, Tan Songyun, Song Yi (based on facial features in the novel - face and round eyes. Their acting is not in doubt)

- Xie Jing Xing: Song Weilong, Wang Yibo, Jin Han, Wallace Chung, Hu Ge, Wang Kai, Leo Wu, Johnny Huang

- Fu Xiu Yi: Leo Wu, Kris Wu

- Mei Furen: Dilraba Dilmurat

- Emperor Yong Le: Lin GengXin, Wang Kai, Wallace Chung.

- Empress Xian De: Zhao Liying, Fan Bingbing

- Shen Yue: Sun Yi, Angela baby, Liu Yi fei, Cheng Xiao

- Shen Qing:?

- Gao Yang and Pei Lang: Gong Jun, Neo Hu,

- Shen Qiu: Whoever it is as long as he has the figure of a general, (not a thin actor with a cute face)

Actually it doesn't matter who the cast is as long as they can animate the characters well, and don't just rely on cute faces or attitudes (even if they are new actors or less well-known actors)

And yes, I hope they don't change the story line and turn our Empress Shen into an innocent, cute, and stupid woman like in most Chinese dramas today.

And as for the ban on airing rebirths, why don't they make it like the "joy of life," or "my heroic husband"?

And yes, for fans of certain actors and actresses, can you stop pressuring the production team to use certain players who are completely unlike the portrayal in the novel? Please don't spoil the fun of pure novel fans like me.
Dream cast:

- Shen Miao: Zhao Liying, Li Yitong, Liqin, Tan Songyun, Song Yi (based on facial features in the novel - face and round eyes. Their acting is not in doubt)

- Xie Jing Xing: Song Weilong, Wang Yibo, Jin Han, Wallace Chung, Hu Ge, Wang Kai, Leo Wu, Johnny Huang

- Shen Qiu: Whoever it is as long as he has the figure of a general, (not a thin actor with a cute face)

Actually it doesn't matter who the cast is as long as they can animate the characters well, and don't just rely on cute faces or attitudes (even if they are new actors or less well-known actors)

And yes, I hope they don't change the story line and turn our Empress Shen into an innocent, cute, and stupid woman like in most Chinese dramas today.

And as for the ban on airing rebirths, why don't they make it like the "joy of life," or "my heroic husband"?

And yes, for fans of certain actors and actresses, can you stop pressuring the production team to use certain players who are completely unlike the portrayal in the novel? Please don't spoil the fun of pure novel fans like me.
Dream cast:

Czakhareina:
Shen Miao - Zhang LiYing
Xie JingXing - Mark Chao
Fu Xiu Yi - Deng Lun
Pei Lang - Zhu Yilong
Shen Family + Lou Family
Shen Xin - Jin Dong
Lou Xue Yan  - Fan Bing Bing
Shen Qiu - Joe Cheng
Ren Wan Yun - Ma Li Yi
Shen Yuan -  Zhang Han
Shen Qing - Peng Xiao Ran
Chen Ruo Qiu - Ruby Lin
Shen Yue  - Yang Zi
Lou Tan - Seven Tan
Lou Ling - Leon Zhang
Mo Qing - Leo Lou

Dunno why, but after this I can totally picture Yang Zi as Shen Yue. She can definitely play the soft, delicate Shen Yue. ...

After all these expectations, I really hope they don't butcher the plot...