After watching this CDrama, I find myself viewing their BTS, clips, and even interviews. I am now watching the whole season again for the fifth time and may watch it again until Season 2 arrives. Since it is rumored to be aired in 2021, I can't help but formulate a Fan-Made Plot in my mind.
I hope that they could add more episodes up until 30 perhaps and if they plan to focus on the historic setting I hope they can add a few episodes in the modern setting also; 2 episodes in the beginning and 2 in the end.
Starting from the final episode, although modern Han Shou claims he had images of their love story but he was still confused. It may not be logical that the modern Han Shou and Xiaoqian will continue on with their relationship since it was Xiaoqian and historic Han Shou that fell in love with each other. It may also be interesting if the modern Chu Chu is the same actress that was supposed to portray the role and is the love interest of modern Han Shou as an actor.  Scriptwriter Xiaoqian will attempt to get close to modern Han Shou but he may want to brush her off because of his interest toward modern Chu Chu.

I think it will take time before the stars align to get them back together, but since Actor Han remembers Xiao Qian from the dream, they might end up "discovering" that the characters from the dream are part of their "real" lives. (Make the dating time they were "together" the same time it took for the show to be made. You are shocked to find out they never got married in X time.) And argue in a big way one day and get sucked back say 100-200 years after they left, where they are legends into Xiao Qian's "sequel" script. But they have to work to get back together, which takes some episodes. Also, the meta lines can be about how sequel scripts are often bad, make jabs at other sequels that failed, and make a joke about how long it's taking for them to actually notice each other.

Chu Chu, can be Actor Han's rumored girlfriend, who sparked off the fight, and since actors love challenges, it would be entertaining for her to be a Brothel madam, etc. See if she could pull it off. Likewise, "reincarnate" some of the actors from the originals into totally new roles that are starkly different from the originals. Actors love that sort of challenge.

Lusi is interested in expanding her acting repertoire, so I'd also give her a nice big challenge, where she has to act demure to get ahead, but inside, she's still Xiao Qian, so is cursing her own etiquette rules she inserted, which she slowly are finding inconsistent.

As for the Kingdom, everything has gone sideways. Her plan of uniting the kingdoms has failed, and though Qian Qian's rule was successful, the heirs were not. (cue cursing Han Shuo for having dud children and visa versa. Also examining wwhat their children would look like, etc.)

In this way, they have to re-find their love, work to unite, and get over the sequel blues. Maybe make jokes about the show getting canceled too early.

Once they reunite (Second act) The third act brings back the same stress they had in the real world, with his absence all the time, but they work this time to overcome it, since they no longer have phones, etc, they remember old methods of communication and staying close. (Love Journals, for example).

Last act is fixing everything, and then in the real world Actor Han proposes to Xiao Qian, but vows to find a cure for them constantly falling into her scripts. End of show. Gives enough of an opening for a third sequel if they want it with them as parents... or about to be parents.

Honestly, the more I hear about the sequel, the less optimistic I am that we will get something worthwhile (none of which is your fault by the way, dont take this personal).

I heard that the Leads may change, which is sadly not unlikely since Lusi and Yu Xi both got more prominent and have other contracts and/or higher demands and/or other personal reasons not to participate in a sequel. I consider Yu Xi and Lusi as the core ingredients of TaR (Tiger and Rose) so this would basically spell doom for the sequel.

I have also heard all kinds of speculation about the story. Some saying they go back to the dreamworld, others saying they continue in real life and again others (like you) speculating its a mix of both. If they go back, there is a high danger of it being too pretentious, repetitive and uninspired. If they continue in real life setting, there is a danger of it missing the mark or getting confused and if they decide for a mix, there is a danger of it being all over the place. 

I loved TaR mainly for the main couple and their Chemistry and I really dont need another TaR since we already have one that is (in my opinion) satisfyingly concluded. 

I would much prefer a completely different Drama Story with Yu Xi and Lusi as the mains. Leave TaR as it is and just put those two into another good Story. I am sure there are countless novels out there waiting to be turned into a drama series with these two. Why reinvent the wheel?

HarryHoudini:
I heard that the Leads may change, which is sadly not unlikely since Lusi and Yu Xi both got more prominent and have other contracts and/or higher demands and/or other personal reasons not to participate in a sequel. I consider Yu Xi and Lusi as the core ingredients of TaR (Tiger and Rose) so this would basically spell doom for the sequel.

Truthfully, I think the fans of the show wouldn't let them have other leads besides these two. There are campaigns, etc to make sure on the Chinese side of things that it would be these two that return because half of the fun was the chemistry.

We'd also need the same writer to return.

But I think it would be wise to find a way to mix the contemporary plot with the city owners plot to keep the audience entertained and find a way to make good jokes about it.

Given the time span between the two, it would be fairly easy to argue things like Xiao Qian and the Actor Han have been in a relationship for years that's "stagnated", but he's not been able to "propose to her" in addition to the other suggestions I made to tie the past into the present.

Honestly, I think the writer could pull it off, the question is always about Lusi and Yuxi. I'd love to see them meet again and act together again given they've both learned so much since the last time and their acting chemistry is great. (This isn't CPing, this it more like, sometimes you like to see work spouses on screen, even if you don't want to care about their romantic lives.)

I completely understand what you mean! I also want to see more of their professional work together, regardless of underlying "couples this and romance that".

Sadly there are many Drama fans who havent yet learned to fully differentiate between Acting out Roles and real life of Actors. The difference can actually be dramatic. An Actor playing a sad role might have a cheery personality in real life and an Actor portraying a comedic role may actually be a very serious person in real life. Add to that the usual difficulties of life in general, the "human nature", the circumstances, financial, political, societal norms and family and friends etc. and you understand why two Actors who make a "perfect couple" in a Movie or Series does not necessarily mean they will make a perfect couple in real life.

Regardless of that though, those two (Lusi and Yu Xi) have proven that they can work together and create great Chemistry on screen. So its only logical, even from a "business" point of view, to let them work together again. If I was a businessman and they were a "Product", I would of course want to "sell" them again after seeing how much demand there is for them.

It does not necessarily need to be Tiger and Rose again. I am convinced by now, that those two have a great professional work relationship and that they would produce the same Chemistry even if it was a completely different Drama Series. As long as it stars those two in at least a decent Story, they will deliver.

One reason why I believe that is, I have watched many other series of both and I havent seen them deliver the same Performance they did in Tiger and Rose. Especially Lusi has not been able to perform her "Trademark" Cuteness anywhere else as convincingly and "sweetly" as she did in TaR. When I watch the BTS scenes and the way they "play around" before and after the scene is already shot, I believe that Yu Xi has a huge contribution in her Performance. I think his playful attitude enables Lusi to show her Talents to the full. Ding Yu Xi has a very positive impact on her.

I dont care about TaR Season 2, I dont care if Lusi and Yu Xi will become a couple in real life (thats their personal life/decision and I dont like interfering with that), all I want is to see those two work together again in a Romantic Comedy Series.

So in Conclusion, no matter what they do with Season 2, if they make it historic or modern or something entirely different, as long as Yu Xi and Lusi are in it as a pair, there will at least be their interaction to look forward to. Either of them missing and it will be a hard pass from me!

HarryHoudini:
When I watch the BTS scenes and the way they "play around" before and after the scene is already shot, I believe that Yu Xi has a huge contribution in her Performance. I think his playful attitude enables Lusi to show her Talents to the full. Ding Yu Xi has a very positive impact on her.

I totally agree with this. Before him, Lusi, not to rag on her, since I still adored her before this show, was more of a "By the script" actress. She never improved. She never deviated, she did everything by whatever the script said and didn't do more than that.

But after the show, she got a lot braver, started to contribute more, got curious about other aspects of film making, tried things out, and while she screwed around a bit and played off camera, she was always serious about it when it was rolling, and thinking hard about who the character was or wasn't and really invested into doing things like reading the original works.

Yu Xi, who has a talent for improvising on the spot, thinking like his character off screen, etc, also was able to tap into more serious roles after. I'd like to think he picked up some skills from Lusi too. Like her ability to understand character on this intuitive level.

But I'd like a rematch of them sheerly because they've both grown so much as actors, I want to see if their interaction would lead to something you know, even greater than last time. It's not saying something like the magic of Bailu and Yunxi reattacking the on-screen pairing would automatically happen, but I just have a love of seeing actors come apart, and then being able to challenge each other with new skills on that sheer artistic level. And they've been apart long enough and changed so much as artists, I think I would be glued to the screen even if the other actors were mediocre as long as the script/project is good--which it seems both of them are fairly picky about, I would definitely want to see it.

How would they challenge each other as artists?