ChineseDramaFan:
Hahaha! You guys are so cute, sending your messages to and fro like this publicly.

LOL, it start with The Sleepless Princess, basically it is just the 3 of us updating on stuff we are currently watching. M mainly on C-Dramas while K and myself we do C and K-dramas. :)

Join us if you are interested. :)

Hi C

I’ve finished up to Ep 26 on LIS. I thought t the same as you re: the height. He’s 1.77m and shorter than the rest of the male cast. He major in ballet . Usually ballet dancers are not too tall-hard to leap in the air if the height of basketball player. 2ML suddenly working with ML. His right eye is not very natural , did you notice that? You are so observant I am sure you know something is amiss.

A1 is a Singaporean franchise? Yes  that’s the pastry that I make from scratch. A lot of work as it involves two different types of dough. 

GL -FL didn’t exactly denounce her husband ( I don’t know what she was doing) but privately she made clear to the princess about their relationship and then she said something different in front of everyone and she refused the hairpin, That’s going overboard. Why was she testing all those medicine and putting  her health at risk? Poor husband thought she was terminally ill. 

K asked why she has higher rank that ML . I don’t know why the Emperor did that nor the motive behind the lock opening thing in the lake. Of course she’ll win that’s unfair to ML. I watched until my head spins.

The GL’s FL is pretty but my younger daughter said her eyes are really large. Lol.

This is reply for what you mentioned previously. Pierre Png really looks good-great body. Don’t know when is the sequel. Hopefully not too long wait. 

I made my own pickled radish yesterday.The kimchi fried rice was good- my first try. I think I may try kimchi pancake next. 

I just came back from yogurt tasting-so full now. 

Edit: There’s simply no need for FL to get jealous. ML is constantly assuring her of his love for her bywords and actions . His brother also adores her very much. The following episodes are not light hearted as she goes back home and her half sisters give her trouble .

Hey K

Did your friend make the cellophane noodles from scratch? That’s amazing.

Hi M, I just got updated with LIS - really nice episodes. I like that it is quite fast pace and easy to understand-though it is weird that YS can still go around Shanghai unnoticed. SML I noticed that since King's avatar... I think he had plastic surgery before though not sure if it is due to that. Haha talking about observant, I noticed that FL is wearing an AP diamond watch! YS could have wore chelsea shoes with height gains etc rather that the white ones...

http://ieatishootipost.sg/1a-crispy-curry-puff-the-original-1a-is-not-the-1a-you-know/

This is the 1A curry puff... I don't think it is franchise yet, probably still family business.

FL did denounced ML when the princess first stepped into the General house. General was trying to reject the princess by saying he only loves the FL and she loves him back... and the FL says it is not the case and ML even wrote a divorce letter etc. Yeah all these nonsense made me not want to continue... too fake and not that interesting. 

The part on the FL returning as a higher ranking officer if I remember has also something to do with the handsome guy suddenly appearing. She has nowhere to go and had to tell the emperor that ML chased her out. Then the handsome guy helped her. Nothing said about how come a street brat can become a emperor's trusted imperial guard. He just appeared out of nowhere and not mentioned in the earlier episodes. And when he appeared, he and rourou suddenly become inseparable. 

Pierre is regarded by many as the most handsome Singaporean actor... i think so too.

I like the recipes by Aaron and Claire on youtube. They are simple and looks nice... 

Yogurt tasting? How does that work? Like wine tasting?

I like the brother... while he is clueless about the maid liking him... he is smart about the ML and the FL. I'll watch a couple more episodes later. But I may skip the sisters part

Hi C,

Yes that’s the same one I checked out before. I don’t like curry puffs with eggs or sweet potatoes. Wonder if Sardine curry puffs are good.

Thanks for recommending Aaron and Claire. I tried the kimchi pancake and it was so good. Kids loved it. We’ll have it for dinner.I didn’t follow to the letter just use as a rough guide. 

I am up to date with LIS. I also wonder how YS cover his tracks in Shanghai. Actor playing Lin Tai Mo is Malaysian. The doctor and cousin cannot keep secrets. Lol. I noticed this is one drama which uses Iphone. (11 Pro) .

GL I think we are talking about the same scene where FL denies that she and the General are mutually in love and the staffs all look at one another. For such a big place they sure are understaffed. In Ep 14 (I think) there’s a new girl who’s interested in General’s brother. This girl is brazen .  Though I prefer the maid, I think the maid will end up with the bearded guy. I wonder if the brother is actually his cousin because he was sole survivor when his parents were killed. There was a scene where he was with his Aunty and he said he will protect the baby that the Aunty’s expecting. 

PP looks better now than his Phua Chu Kang days.

Yogurt tasting is paid market research . I get paid tasting 6 different flavours of drinking yogurt . Need to look at the colour, smell and taste the yogurt and answer questions on Ipad. I finished in less than 30 minutes. I get paid cash, sometimes e-card. I’ve done tasting for chips, gummies, dips, wine. They are enjoyable. 

Edit: I am waiting for Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion. Cannot tell difference between Ruyi Pavilion and Legend of Yunxi as same FL and ML but I hope no one dies in Ruyi and hope not sad. Zheng Zhe Han looks so good in period drama.

Hi M,

Sardines curry puffs are good! I prefer them to curry chicken/potatoes.... They are more appetizing rather than filling. Good ones you have to find those Malay small stalls. In SG the popular but commercialized one is Old Cheng Kee.

Aaron uses a lot of instants stuff and many hacks. So it is good for novices. I like the tasting by Claire.

LIS, Lin Tai Mo went down a bit too easily... of course he is going against 2 of the best in the industry. But YS doing it on his own just seem too dramatic. Yeah LTM sounds Malaysian... FL's Dad actually started in SG when he won a local acting competition.

G I still haven't completed ep. 13 but now the general actually is involved in it looks better. I am looking forward to seeing both of them back at her hometown.

LOL Phua Chu Kang days is based on his character requirements... 

OIC, I worked for a survey company before so this I think is similar? Sounds really interesting.

Let me know how the new dramas goes. I just finished Do you like brahms so probably concentrate on 18 again.

Hi C

Does the sardine curry puffs have curry powder? I have made sardine puffs using canned sardines in tomato sauce, onions and peas. Is this similar? I found a recipe using curry powder and raisins which I don’t I’ll follow. The street curry puffs and kuih from the makcik are very tasty. I miss street food. 

I’m up to date with LIS. I checked LTM out coz of his accent. YS had DL’s help didn’t he? DL was the one who opened the safe. 

GL- I have just started Ep 16. In Ep 15 they go back to their own home.  I guessed correctly about the brother. General revealed the identity of the brother but have to keep it a secret. Then they return to FL’s parents’ home. If you skip sisters’ parts there’s quite a lot as they appear here and there. There’s an older sister who’s good but the one who missed out on marrying the General and the younger sister are nasty. The younger one is a bit better. 

I have just started Ep 1 of Ruyi Pavilion. Will let you know as I watch more.

The food tasting is interesting. I get to taste before it’s out on the market. Not sure how it works in SG though. 

Will go to bed soon. GN.

Hi M,

I just bought old chang kee curry puffs, yes the sardine version has curry powder as well. Your recipe with onions should be good, not sure about raisins though.

LIS, YS and DL is in it together both to protect JJ. That's why DL had to finish off the secretary so that he is the one to retrieve the doc to kill off LTM. The drama part is that YS had to do everything himself when it is such a secretive operation, still driving around in his porsche, meeting the GE boss. LTM suddenly had one single spy. He suddenly became really weak, out of practice I guess LOL. I like the parts when he was trying to get the forgiveness from JJ.

I caught a bit of blossom of ruyi pav as well until the part when the ML appeared with all the scars. His voiceover is the same as the ML in OMSL right? The FL just reminds me of in a class of her own... the dubbing is quite horrible.

Not too sure about the foodtasting here as well lol. Maybe I go check it out.

Hi K,

How are you on tales of nine tailed fox? I caught ep. 5 and beginning to like it more since the romance is starting, and fast.

Time passes really quickly. TGIF again!

Hi C:)

im gonna watch episode 6 now . I’ve been writing up skin care protocols all day Nd I’m finally done.  I think they’re doing a great job, love the leads . Younger bro has such a sad story but it still doesn’t make sense how sadistic he is. Pretty sure F whose a fox is gonna turn good for the vet. . Another K drama came out “the spy e]who loved me” with a FL that I enjoy. Surprised to see FL and MLof both dramas out at the same time. I still picture them together from Goblin and then the other drama they did (thatnwas a cute drama ) touch your heart I think it was.

my list is GL,LIS and will add Rudy pavilion when I get a chance:)

Hi C

I will omit the raisins, it iwill not blend in with curry powder. 

In my opinion,YS didn’t need to break up with JJ. How can they miss him with him driving around in his Porsche? It was very sudden decision for YS and DL to teem up together.YS is smart. He’s got the future MIL wrapped around his little finger.

Ruyi Pavilion (RP). It was slow at the start and the horrible dubbing really puts you off but it picks up and either I was immuned to the bad dubbing or it gets better. The voice is familiar. FL is from Class of her own and the acting is similar. She likes climbing walls. It’s quite funny because she hates that she keeps bumping in ML and wanted to avoid him and asked advise on how to avoid him. The guy suggested that she take his underwear and burn it. So funny! I let you watch it. 

Where are you up to with GL? Wanted to ask you why ML told handsome to report him as corrupted? Is it to flush out the spies? This part was unclear. 

Yes Friday again. Are you having your happy hour today? 

KenshinKaoru:
im gonna watch episode 6 now . I’ve been writing up skin care protocols all day Nd I’m finally done.  I think they’re doing a great job, love the leads . Younger bro has such a sad story but it still doesn’t make sense how sadistic he is. Pretty sure F whose a fox is gonna turn good for the vet. . Another K drama came out “the spy e]who loved me” with a FL that I enjoy. Surprised to see FL and MLof both dramas out at the same time. I still picture them together from Goblin and then the other drama they did (thatnwas a cute drama ) touch your heart I think it was.

Hi K,

I just finished episode 6, a bit too much information and new characters that makes it a bit confusing. Not a fan of the "Master Sun" stuff in here and hope they just spend time on the actual plot. I like the fox and the vet story as well. I watched a bit of the spy who loved me... yes I really like them in goblin, I caught the "spinoff" lawyer drama as well but put that on hold for a while. For the spy show I like both leads so probably will continue on that one.

mblgoh:
I will omit the raisins, it iwill not blend in with curry powder. 

In my opinion,YS didn’t need to break up with JJ. How can they miss him with him driving around in his Porsche? It was very sudden decision for YS and DL to teem up together.YS is smart. He’s got the future MIL wrapped around his little finger.

Ruyi Pavilion (RP). It was slow at the start and the horrible dubbing really puts you off but it picks up and either I was immuned to the bad dubbing or it gets better. The voice is familiar. FL is from Class of her own and the acting is similar. She likes climbing walls. It’s quite funny because she hates that she keeps bumping in ML and wanted to avoid him and asked advise on how to avoid him. The guy suggested that she take his underwear and burn it. So funny! I let you watch it. 

Where are you up to with GL? Wanted to ask you why ML told handsome to report him as corrupted? Is it to flush out the spies? This part was unclear. 

Yes Friday again. Are you having your happy hour today? 

Hi M,

I think the raisin part is too western style, so I agree you should omit it. The sourness of the sardine curry puff with the onion strands makes it really appetizing, I am salivating now.

LIS, That was why J was so mad he didn't trust her to include her in the plans... but like you say the breakup is so unnecessary, how is that going to protect her? I will just think he fears that she might ruin their plans lol. All those loopholes is okay now given that it is a happy ending and YS does so well in all the scenes. Their interaction is so funny and warm. And good thing is that there is less focus on the second couple now...lol

Yeah I don't read subtitles so I am actually seeing the mouth movements and hearing the dubbing... it is quite bad. There is this craze about war scars recently... this must be the 4th I seen. Okay, I will try a few more episodes... since I have some time tonight.

I am putting GL on hold - still at 13-14 and cannot seem to proceed.

Yeah fri, I was thinking of either a massage or a bucket of hoegarden early afternoon :)

Hi C,

I find Ruyi Pavilion quite interesting and funny, just have to disregard the bad dubbing. 

Zhang ZheHan here is better than in Everyone Wants To Meet You. He’s more suited for period drama. 

Were you able to watch beyond Ep 1?

GL is updated to Ep 23.I am going slow with this one. The sisters are back again. 

I made casava cake/kuih bingka yesterday using a new recipe. It turned out well. 

Edit: Gen’s bro met a girl he likes 

Hi K

Have you finished with OMSL? Have you started on Ruyi Pavilion?

Hi M,

I bingewatched  Ruyi last night until 430am till episode 10. Just completed 12 today.  Still a bit too slow for me, but nothing too irritating besides the dubbing.  I like the second CP, the guy was from young blood, I liked him better than the ML there as well. The FL big sister is good as well. The FL well, can really tell the diff here and in a class of her own. There is a nice period drama with bailu and the dude was from kings avatar. Looks like a romcom.

I didn't manage to watch GL....

It seems that you are having some interest in perankaan food?

Hi C

That was some serious binge watching. If you can catch up to Ep 12, you must have found it acceptable. I think because there’s 40 episodes it is bound to be slow moving. Initially I found it difficult to tell Prince Su and Wu Bai Qi apart. They look alike. I find Chinese  monarchy very complicated. 王 can be king, prince, duke. How do we know which title it is meant to be? FL’s acting style is similar to A Class of her own but I like her better here. She’s always getting into trouble. I like her sister and Wu Bai Qi. I saw a trailer that the ML married the FL but later divorced her. I hope no main cast dies. That would be too sad to watch until the end and someone dies. 

Yes I love Peranakan food because my mother grew up in a Pernakan family and she cooked the  Peranakan dishes . I love traditional dishes so I have to cook them here. It is good that they now have packet Pongteh sauce .  When I first moved here, I had to make from scratch . 

Bai Lu’s new drama. Is it Song of Youth? 

Edit: I just finished frying the spiral sardine curry puffs I made yesterday. You were correct. It was better than the chicken. I thought that the curry powder and sardine will not go well together but it complemented each other and the sourness as well. The pastry was flaky and light. Bet you feel like having some now. It’s so much faster to make than the chicken as it’s time consuming cutting up the chicken. I’ll be making the sardine puffs from now on if I am required to bring a plate. 

Hi C/K,

I am up to Ep 32 with LIS. It’s coming to the end and will finish this week then back to GL.

I am really enjoying Ruyi Pavilion now. It’s a slow start but getting more interesting now. The trailers are interesting.  Looking forward to new episodes on Wed.

We had Korean bbq , hot pot and fried chicken at the local Korean restaurant last night. Been awhile since we had Korean food. 

Edit: I like it in Ruyi, ML’s usually unreadable expressions are very obvious when it comes to FL . 

Halo M,

It's a rainy day in SG. Ruyi Pav is interesting enough though slow - it is not messy. Think I am immune to the troublemaking FL after seeing so many of them. And the cast is pretty good looking. I like the FL sister and her love interest. Finally we don't have a jealous sister LOL. I think it depends in the word in front/behind the 王. The FL her expression etc. are exactly the same LOL, her character her is indeed better. Divorce again?! Yeah what's new... it seems that the divorce rate in olden times is higher than the modern world we live in LOL. Hope this is happy Ending. One thing I am thinking is the FL dreams, it is like TSP that will come true or do they mean something else? Since they are all dying young in her dreams and there is a scene she is in a coffin somemore.

Over here there is a fine dining Peranakan restaurants by Violet Onn $$$. For me I eat it once in a while normally at the Joo Chiat/Katong area in some cheaper by authentic places.

Bai Lu new show:

https://mydramalist.com/33972-jiu-liu-overlord

Yeah you are making me hungry again just before lunch LOL. If you visit SG again do go to a hawker centre to buy the Malay style curry puffs to try. There is also another style which is huge almost like a meat pie with mutton fillings etc, with a chili dip. It is more oily.

LIS I am up to 32 as well, thought that they should end since nothing much is left beside the wedding kids etc and they cater 6 episodes for this. And the part with DL still coveting JJ even though she is living with YS for more than 2 year is so weird. He needs to move on? or he is just twisted. Can't a lady wear a different watch everyday? 

Fl is quite straightforward, the part when she keeps questioning the ML about "Not ugly" lol. Right now can see that the ML is more fond of her than she is of him... She just seems mild ATM. The ML likes to smile by himself and put up a front when communicating with the FL. They are both quite childish LOL.

Rainy day, not sure where to go for lunch... definitely no time to go for Korean food...