Hi M,

Yeps I am up to date with Ruyi Pavilion as well... At the same time I discovered that my long awaited "Begin Again" launched 8 episodes! I decided to go ahead with 15-16 of Ruiy first... and I caught 1 episode of BA before going to bed at 1am.

Yes now we know the background of WBQ which is quite sad. I am not convinced though that the Dad killed the Mom for the shop... even if he is a baddy. I think if the FL got married into the family she will create havoc also... Just that now her sister is attached to the step-brother, though he severed all ties with the dad. I love their scenes, even more than the lead couple now.

I was just about to talk about the 3rd prince.. he is not as evil or cunning. He seems rather clumsy so not a big threat actually. His motive is just money. He only wanted to punish the FL lightly instead of doing crappy stuff, though the abducting of girl is bad. That's why the master was willing to work with him thinking that it is just money (the gold mine) he is after. Not only the 2 guards, they left the maid of the sister in the open after knocking them out... LOL.

King An on the other hand, even the master is afraid. His agenda is just revenge and the master should have just kept a low profile instead of walking around in her ninja costume. LOL. Now sure if the FL will suspect the ML since she told him about the master. And the master should have just warned the FL more clearer about the SML. He killed the master and he got men to go to the scene and unfortunately the FL was there.

About shoes, yes it makes zero sense the princess brings a pair of worn shoes to show the ML. So the dream is just an indication of what may happen since now the shoes are burned - unless the FL got another same pair? Is this the pair sewn by the mom? And now the ML also has the dream come true ability?

OK, episode 1 BA. Typical MangoTV stuff - think Intense Love. Super bad voiceover. But Simon is really handsome... I like how they interact. Simon can be firm but kinda don't know how to handle the FL. Zhou Yutong, I like how she shows the both sides of the character. This has potential to be my new currently airing fav.

The tong sui sounds good.

Hi C

Begin Again just went on air yesterday? I have downloaded the first eight episodes. Is Simon’s acting stiff in BA like he was in Love Equations? 

Ruyi- I  don’t know if WBQ’s father killed his motheror just caused her death .Why did he beat him up at her funeral? Wasn’t he taking care of the other Feng Lai Yee branches? If FL marry the mommy’s boy (WBQ’s half brother)her life will be miserable. I agree that she will cause havoc.The boy has no backbone. Pity the person who marries him. 

The 3rd prince is a bit dim and his servants are hopeless, cannot execute anything correctly. Didn’t he attempt to murder ML by blowing up the explosives ? I cannot stand his mole on the neck. 

I think 5th prince might hook up with FL’s former good friend whose brother committed suicide. I think he’s jealous of ML. 

Master cannot warn FL more about King An without revealing her part in it. Yeah she shouldn’t be running around in the ninja outfit which  doesn’t really disguise her, he still got her figured out.

King An is gentle on the outside but has bad motive driven by thirst for vengeance. 

Yes I think it’s the same pair of shoes that FL’s mother sew her. It has hibiscus embroidery  , same sound as her name. ML is also able to dream of the future. He had the same dream as FL but he couldn’t see his bride’s face but she was able to see him in her dreams. She’s adamant not to marry him as she dreamt he will die young. Only King An has seen her in ML’s bed chamber. 3rd prince and his incompetent servants know but they couldn’t proof it. Even ML couldn’t remember she was there. No shoes as proof unless her mother sew her another identical pair. Her scar on her wrist is very prominent.

WBQ is open about his feelings for FL’s sister. They are a sweet couple. They seem to be moving faster than ML/FL. I wish they will speed up the romance between ML and FL.

I like the part where ML takes FL to the top of the tower. I wonder which episode he will discover that she’s the girl in his bed chamber and owner of the shoes. The princess is quite useless. I don’t think she can protect ML like FL does in times of trouble. Bad luck if he marries her-she’ll whine the whole of his life. I also like that he doesn’t like other man holding FL’s hand. 

May start on BA today. At least I have BA to watch over the weekend while waiting for new episodes of Ruyi. 

GL- I will try to speed watch. The later episodes just random stories of sisters’ petty jealousy and FL’s father’s many wives. The father is a weak character who is unable make decisions . He depend on other people around him to make decisions for him.

Edit: whose voice was it in the tower scene  wherehe discovered he has fallen for her? 
Edited 

Hi C & K

I am up to E 18 with Ruyi. Enjoying this drama so far. Hope none of the leads will die in the end. Few of casts besides FL and ML are from Legend of Yunxi-FL’s mother and sister, WBQ, Qi Zhu and third prince. I like how ML’s character is quietly observant the opposite from FL’s lively character. His eyes is expressive ( but he doesn’t say anything) especially the moment he realises that WBQ likes FL’s sister. The second couple is cute -I’ve enjoyed the scene when the sister buys WBQ for $507( she’s got a sense of humour) after being rescued by WBQ. Hope FL can reverse the dreams of the family dying. Too bad King An  crossed to the dark side. 

Still have not started on BA. 

Trying to wrap up GL. It’s similar to TROTAR-FL’s an author . GL’s written by her. 

Hey C&M:)  i had time this week to finish LIS. (another sure if I already said it here but 2nd leads made me want to pull my hair out!!! I was like “get a job get a life and stop trying to make your husband jealous..she never became more than a one dimensional character. and him.. what did he love about her? come to think about it what did she love about him..his looks? ...sorry ..it just never gelled for me that relationship.. 

anyhoo and Mr Du goes nuts?? What made him think after 2nyears of living with someone FL is gonna fall in love with him ..that made no sense., he got redeemed and then went bad again...ok ?

I did like the leads and the struggles they went through and overall did enjoy the drama.  I think it’s so hard to write a drama and keep it fresh for everyone so I won’t complain (too much!!:D)

trying to catch up with GL havnt started pavilion (any good?) watched a few eps of overlord.. The lead is kinda softening..mondo enjoy the FL she seems to love being messy and bossy..but she does it well:)  I just saw an interesting drama called under the power..anyone else see it? insaw the lead in Fox’s summer or something like that.. it was cute..but it got long..  I’m famous for fast forwarding.

we had halloween last nite so I didn’t get a chance to watch much..it was pretty busy here with a lot of kids.. do you celebrate that holiday? It’s pretty big here.. I think the kids needed to get out and have some fun after all the limits on school and activities.. I enjoyed all the costumes & a the neighbors chatting 

i See GL is subbed up to 14 gonna try to get up to there :):D

Hi K

I am really behind on GL. I am up to E18 , watched 23& 30. Have to watch those in between. 

I’ve been re-watching some episodes of OMSL. 

Yes LIS second couple is frustrating to watch. Then Du went bad again. The leads are good . 

I am really enjoying Ruyi Pavilion. You should start it. It’s subbed on Iqiyi. C & I enjoyed the second couple.Quite a number  of the casts are from Legend of Yun Xi. ( I didn’t watch as it has a sad ending). Not surprising as the directors and producers are the same. I think with Ruyi the ending is good. I really like Zhang Zhe Han. His eyes are expressive. Only the princess is annoying here. 

Not big on Halloween especially during COVID. I am surprised it’s still being celebrated. Isn’t there lockdown restrictions? 

I couldn’t continue with Under the Power. Tan Songyun looks odd in period drama. She did well in Fox’s Summer but I somehow couldn’t watch her in other dramas. 

I am trying to finish GL and wait for Oath of Love. Will also check Begin Again. I have downloaded but not watch yet. 

This week will be busy week  as I am doing two food tasting. How’s work?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend . I am getting ready for my morning run. Have a good week ahead.

Yo M,

I am up to date with all dramas by Sat :) BA is good so far. I haven't seen Simon is other works but he is okay here since I don't think he needs to express alot.

Ruyi - yeah WBQ's Dad beat him up for being "Unfilial" since he was not around when the mom died (and called for him). WBQ half bro at least he is not evil, but sad that he seems a bit too silly.

LOL, 3rd prince and his mole... I wanted to say FL has a mole on her chest which is rather distracting as well. Just wished they covered her up a bit more LOL.

Yeah, the 5th bro like the FL ex-best friend. Anyway she is a bit weird, not sure if she'll become evil if they get togther.

King An on the surface seem to care for the FL but in fact not as much as the ML. When FL in trouble, he seems to not bother so much... even though he may be the cause of her trouble.

Not sure if the maid burnt the shoes... but I think the dreaming part in this show is not so explained... since in the beginning it seems that the FL dreams are very accurate (with the burning pagoda etc).

I like WBQ and the Sis... they are opposites and trying to bit like each other. The romance for the lead has developed but still lacking. The FL still seem too childlike... it seems she is more respectful of the ML rather than love... though she was jealous a bit. Everything is too mild. I Just hope that she doesn't blame the ML for the master since she saw the blood on his clothes. He risked his life to save her.

Haha... the princess is so noisy and she isn't even the emperor's real daughter and she dares to offend a real son of the emperor. Just a bit weird there. The Tower part and the fan part... I think it is a least something, hope the FL matures more after this. I will rewatch the tower scene to hear the voice again.

Someone told me that there is a twist in GL... I am not sure if I will pick it up again.

For Ruyi, it seems that there is a possibility of a not so good ending. Yunxi the FL died right and I heard there is an alternate HE. Yeah the 587 is such a cute response. I really like this couple.

You really like OMSL so much :)

My wife actually bought R2E2 over the weekend... so coincidence! It looked like the taiwanese one I bought earlier... may have been brought over to taiwan.

Hi K

LIS the ending is disappointing except for the proposal. The Second couple is nonsense.

It seems that the review for Overlord is not that good? I will continue with Ruyi and Begin Again as my staple.

Halloween is not a Holiday here. But we do have some small celebrations for the kids.

Hi C

I am on lunch break and watching the Ruyi trailers. FL actually thought that ML is responsible for her master’s death(which is ridiculous because he risked so much for her and was punished as well) and on the wedding day took a dagger to him. Don’t know if she really wants to kill him or just threaten-she won’t be able to kill him as he’s a military man. 

I read the synopsis and apparently is happy ending.

From the trailer he said he doesn’t want to see her anymore and that they are now enemies. I think that’s why he divorced her. I don’t know what happened to make her turn against him. I hope she’s not going to the dark side like King An. She had ML on the palm of her hand. He obviously adored her. She must have been brainwashed. She taken over Ruyi from her master which makes it hard for ML as he will have to arrest her. I think she’s undercover to flush out the real killer. 

Princess thinks she’s a cut above just because she has the title even though she’s not a real princess. 

I think the twist in GL that you mentioned is that in the end it was a story written by the FL, I mentioned before that it’s like TROTAR. 

Did you like the R2E2?

Is BA worth watching?

Hi M,

I just finished a long meeting... She is really too childish and the thing is if he wanted to kill the master - he didn't need to do it himself. And to kill her immediately after the FL revealed the secret to him is just so stupid. Not sure what happened that day though - the master and SML on the second floor and ML on the first floor. Probably the ML left and the SML kill the master to pin it on him. Not sure where is the maid who was downstairs.

Yeah if HE then it is worth to follow. It is slow so no need to rewatch - only thing is too many characters.

From the trailer you mean the ML turned against the FL? They are probably acting or the FL is just acting just as you said to find out the truth. If not the master warning her about SML is redundant.

LOL, so many of these dreams, story etc... TSP also a story so that it can be farfetched.

I am still waiting for the R2E2 to ripen... LOL sounds like Starwars droid. I think it should be quite sweet. It costs about 4AUD here.

BA is typical MangoTV fluffy, easy watching kinda show without much sophisticated content. Think Intense Love if you seen that one, ML playing hard to get FL being the flirt and tease - but FL is kind and not as open as it seems. Zhou Yutong did a good job, if some other actress probably will come across as irritating. She is not the prettiest, her mannerism and reaction is good in this one that make her attractive. It is a fun watch without evil ppl.

And all the Balenciaga she is carrying/wearing LOL.

Hi C

I am so upset after watching the trailer. Like you said he doesn’t need to kill the master himself. The blood on his sleeve can mean anything. Why wait until she marries him to kill him? It didn’t look like a dream to me though. 

She took over her master’s position and that conflict of interest because her husband will have to arrest her. That’s why he got angry with her. That was so out of character for her . Furthermore she slapped him. Sometimes you cannot tell by watching trailers-they are usually misleading. She looked very different without her heavy makeup. More natural. I think it’s less painful watching the second couple. 

Only the lead part is slow because there’s 40 episodes. 

There’s a mole elsewhere on the FL but I forgot where. I didn’t focus on her chest. Lol

My husband bought another R2E2 today. $3.50. The price you paid in Singapore is not expensive. 

Hi C

I saw another trailer that FL realised that King An wants to kill ML. When King An threw a knife (?) at ML she stood in front of him to protect him. Don’t know if it’s fatal.  I think new episodes will move faster.

Hi M,

Up to date with all the dramas so nothing to catch tonight. ;)

The trailers are always misleading-i remember the ones for L&R, made us super confused. My guess is FL could be acting so the murderer let his/her guard down so FL can get to the truth. The bangle, I was thinking that day that it could be the token that the SML was looking for to take over the ruyi sect... but why does the ML need to arrest the FL? Because of the ruyi sect involvement in the uncle's death?

I think the second couple may face some serious challenges as well, since there is a conflict of interest bet the leads..

Yeah 40 episodes, good thing is that no need to be too focused. Can multitask.

Lol I dunno any other mole... not that I was focused on the chest but it just stood out... lol

Today i saw another Australian mango "S2" i think... it looks the same as the R2E2... selling for 5+sgd

So thr An King is skilled in kung fu?? So he can kill the master? I remember a scene when he deflected an attack from the ML, think on a boat? This show plot now is still not developed yet... just hope as you say things get clearer now...

Hi C,

Sometimes trailers don’t make sense because they show bits here and there. I’ve checked on Iqiyi trailers from Episodes 19-24 are now out. In E19 FL wanted ML to tell her the truth about her master. ( I think no need to use knife just ask him will do).I think they sorted that out as they are together . She’s still climbing trees and tried to kill herself in Ep 23. ( that’s very much like her style. It seems ML’s parents were uncertain  of her affection for ML so they put her to some test. The screenwriter should have made her a bit smarter. Killing herself is not a good option). I think you are correct. The bangle must be the token. I think that if FL takes her master’s place, I think  you are correct it’s because ML thinks that it’s some underground activities that the master was doing, that got his uncle involved and subsequently killed himself( I cannot work out how one smash to the pillar can kill him) . 

Sscond couple: WBQ was hurt when he was protecting FL’s sister. 

FL has beauty mark near her eye( left I think).  We are so 3 8. (三八) lol

I saw a trailer that King An tried to kill ML and his kungfu is also good. Who would have thought a poet could be so handy with weapons? I prefer Prince Cheng being bad ( he’s got a bad guy look, it’s ok to beat him up) than King An. ( with his gentle aura, who would have thought he’s the bad guy?)

Yesterday I bought 2 small bell guavas for  SGD2. We call it sui oong in Cantonese or Jambu Air in Malay. I search up in Mandarin it’s called 蓮霧. So expensive but I really like it. It’s good with the rojak paste. 

I haven’t heard of the S2 mango. Besides R2E2, we also have Kensington Pride/Bowen , Keitt , Honey Gold and Calypso . Blueberries are in season and cost around SGD2/punnet and they are large and sweet. They have high levels of (flavonoids) antioxidant. 

I haven’t have time to catch up on GL or start BA. Food testing today ( salami and cheese) and tomorrow ( with my daughter, tasting chips). Is BA worth watching? 

Edited 

Halo M!

I think it is god the trailers don't reveal to much, but I rather they hide than to mislead so viewers have something to look forward to. This FL is really not afraid of death (remember the execution scene) but she is afraid of thunder and lightning. Haha, the sister is not afraid of thunder and lightning but extremely scared of eclipse or just trying to get close to WBQ LOL. The climbing trees is exactly the same as in IACOHO. ML parents, the emperor included? So he actually asked to marry her or what?  So far smart FL in C-Dramas are super rare, for period dramas probably Maiden Holmes and Young Blood? The Chinese novels and drama tend to portray female as weak and need protection from the males. Use knife to threaten him, as if he is afraid LOL... he was even willing to get cut and smash for her - so it is stupid. The smashing of head is a classic way of death in period dramas, I've seen them do that since I was young LOL. This is just like biting tongue which I can't imagine...

WBQ and the Sister needs to get married first, weird they let the FL get married before the sister... maybe girls don't follow the sequence rule?

I looked at her profile pic, the mark is at the lower eyelid right? LOL 38!

King An trying to emit the evil aura is a bit fake. Yes, I'd rather he be the normal SML like in TSP when he does stupid things because of the love for the FL. The evil dude can be someone else, a father, cousin or uncle etc...

Yes Jambu, sometimes we put it in rojak. It can be refreshingly sweet once ripen. Sometimes we dip it in sour plum powder or cut chili in dark spy sauce, like how we eat starfruit. That is really expensive, I reckon you got the plumper ones.

I guess S2 is the same as R2E2, probably a typo. I will try the R2E2 soon. My boy loves mango.

BA, if you are okay with dramas like Girlfriend or Intense Love, probably you can start it. It is really just fluff and some unexplainable behaviours from the characters. I like it though, the FL is smart and strong, the ML I am still trying to guess his real intentions.

Hey C,

Lunchtime now.

ML’s parents as in Consort Shu and Emperor. They weren’t sure of FL’s feelings towards ML so the nanny and Mr Ge( physician ) got involved. FL thought to exchange her life for his so she was going to stab herself with the knife but Mr Ge stopped her in time. He got punished by ML. ML was deeply in love with her because he told her if she died he doesn’t know what he’ll do. Yeah she’s not afraid of dying but afraid of thunder. Do you think he really wants to separate from her? 

I like the two supporting actors-ML’s sidekicks. One of them isn’t too cluey. He wanted to rescue FL ( she was perched on the branch )when ML was there. They are very funny. Reminded me of Amao. 

Maybe Sister engage to WBQ? Trailers focus only on leads. Yes that’s true older sister marry first . Poor guys in those days have to wait until older sister is married in order to marry younger sister. 

Totally agree re: King An. I hope he realises his mistake. I am sure ML was not responsible for his mother’s death.

I think one of the silliest FL is TROTAR-grabbing a prince as her husband. Good acting though, just flaws in the storyline.

I only got small jambu air. They are all small. I’ve seen huge red ones but not the ones they had yesterday. These are the pink ones . We usually don’t use sour plum  powder( that’s for jambu batu) . Dark soy sauce and cut chili, yes. 

My kids love mangoes too. One of them complained this morning that  I was ‘stingy’ , gave her so little to take to school. (Tupperware was small)

I didn’t watch Intense Love. Didn’t quite like Girlfriend. ML is quite stiff. 

Yo M,

Gloomy weather in SG - makes me wanna sleep.

Why would someone want to kill herself just to prove her love? It's not as if trying to prove loyalty to an evil lord LOL. The 2 sidekicks one of them is the Mr Ge ya? He is the smarter one. The other one with the longer face is the clueless one that I believe is the one you are referring to. He always make those silly remarks.

Not sure how it can work since WBQ has no parents now. It is still quite early in the show so I doubt they will have a conclusion on the second couple so early.

King An's mom could have sacrificed for a cause/secret... quite obvious since the emperor is so secretive about it, and super tolerant of King An as if he is sorry for him... just like he is sorry for the spoil princess.

LOL TROTAR good thing we know it is a dream from the start so no need to be too serious about it. She is silly trying to frame the ML thinking it'll save him. The stupidest FL I seen is still Jingyan... that one can vomit blood, just wished she dies in one of her stupid mistakes.

The small ones and you got 2? Are you going to use it for rojak? This one you can be stingy since it is so expensive LOL... Plum powder yeah normally for Guava.

My son can finish one mango on his own, so I can understand you daughter LOL.

Girlfriend ML is Lawrence Wong Malaysian actor, yeah he was really stiff. I quite like the FL though, she actually top her acting class... didn't see anything new from her.