Hi C

Red wine will make you drowsy. $5 for ikan bakar is so cheap. 

King An is just wishful. If he already liked FL from the start he should pursue her instead allowing her to marry ML. From the scene on the competition grounds, it’s clear that FL treated him as a friend. Of course she will give the flower bracelet to her husband. I like ML’s display of jealousy. WQJ could not be more obvious in his love for FL’s sister  . I find the part where ML asked FL if she’s enquiring about WBJ’s injuries  or her sister. He’s to give different answers depending on who’s asking. 

Moley guy is desperate but the girl doesn’t like him. Maybe he’s suited for the princess. 

From what I understand FL 假死. I don’t know how or why. 

I’ve also seen the video clip where ML order for Ruyi Pavillion to be destroyed and then both he and FL became enemies from then on . I am not sure if that’s the part where he petition the Emperor for divorce, 

King An and ML fought and that’s the part where I told you that FL took the sword that was meant for ML. I think after that they reconciled. The clips are not in order. Just have to guess which ones come first.

As mentioned Ah Yuan also told FL about King An but I don’t know if she disclosed the part  she played in the death of the master.

I am waiting for R2E2 to go on special tomorrow just $2.50 each. 

Hi M,

Yeah, I had a pint of IPA in between - it makes it worse... lol

King An probably doesn't want to get married, he is more focused on revenge... so much so that he is willing to make use of the FL and claiming he doesn't want her to get hurt... Hypocrite. His jealousy is super obvious, FL jealousy is so cute as she knows she had no negotiation rights and had to take it in. ML is a smart one, always politically correct. FL is lucky to have found him.

Moley guy and princess, that'll work.

I think the ML found out Ruyi Pavilion dirty secrets and had to destroy it due to the involvement in the past crimes, and that FL may be implicated. He also has to destroy it in case it falls into the wrong hands and the FL will be harmed because of that.

We still got many episodes left for things to develop... I just hope King An finds out the truth and regrets big time.

Ah Yuan probably got betrayed and come clean after that. She is lucky that she didn't get silenced by King An. Anyway guess it is impossible between FL maid and the SML assistant.

2.50 is cheap... is there an oversupply this season? I am thinking of having yong tau foo for lunch.

Hi C

Don’t talk to me about yong tau foo. I am going to drool soon. I bought a box of fish paste( no MSG) from my friend whose husband is a dim sum chef. I will stuff it in tau foo pok and okra and bitter gourd. So good. Probably do it later in the week. I have marinated chicken thigh pieces to make pandan chicken on Thursday. 

His jealousy is super obvious

Who are you referring to? ML? Out of character huh? Even FL’s sister and the maids snigger. I have re-watched the competition scene countless times -just love how his eyes follow her and King An. He’s displaying more affection for her, always pulling her close to him. ( the scene where the nanny and Ge Chuan come clean about their part in the deception).Previously he will remind her that they are already on solid ground and she’s still holding on to him. Now he wants her close to him all the time. FL is so cute. She’s always busy and always getting into trouble. She’s indeed lucky to have a man who loves her so much that he makes hairpin for her. 

I think either of the ML’s guys are good for Lan Xiang-the blur guy( ML’s personal guard Ju Xia )or Ge Chuan. They are kind hearted. King An’s assistant on the other hand has innocent blood on his hands. She deserves better. 

Ah Yuan may get silenced by King An if he continues to be ruthless. I think he may realise and turn from his wicked ways. Revenge has blinded him. I am sure it’s a misunderstanding and ML is not responsible for his mother’s death. 

What’s the relationship between Consort Duan (Mr Moley’s mom) and WBQ’s father? Bro-in-law?

Not over supply just start mango season now.maybe very small size.

Hi M,

Yeah I had YTF :) We have some rather famous brands here, some even open in malls and charge really expensive. YTF I guess mainly for Asians, my friends from Europe didn't appreciate when I brought them to try a famous one. It is so cool that you DIY, over here it is really easy to buy so ppl are lazy to DIY.

Yeps, ML is really expressive about his jealousy. FL is just like a doll, he just carries her away from the scene of crime LOL. FL is cuter here than in IACOHO, she is really immature. Oh ya the hairpin, it is really one of a kind... handmade by royalty - where to find a second piece. It is so funny when she found out the ML made it.

King An's assistant is just being loyal but I think he is too cold... so you are right. She is better off with the blur dude.

There are many shows when the evil SML realise their fault and sacrificed etc... I think he may die.

WBQ called her Auntie... If WBQ severed relations with the Dad... you maybe right, she could be the sister of his mom. And I think she may have been the one who killed the mom instead of his dad.

Probably all got exported LOL. We have a lot of big ones here... probably about 10cm?

Edit: I am following the new drama with Ireine Song as it was recommended by my Chinese Friend

Hi C

I am on my way back from food tasting-chili con carne and beef stroganoff.

The R2E2 my husband bought yesterday was around 10cm . $2.50 each and sweet.

I find Episodes 25 & 26 slow moving. 

Things are developing very slowly with leads especially FL. She already knew what lay ahead for her so she should speak to ML about it. King An is quite ruthless. I was thinking about what you mentioned before that he’s not interested in marriage. In one of the mini clips I saw him carrying a girl wearing something like red bridal clothes through the forest. The girl is small built so could not be Cui Wan (princess). 

I saw more of the video clip I told you about. FL was buried alive and  ML threatened Zhang Yan( ex-fiancée) with a knife. My guess is he is seeking  revenge after his father killed himself. ML was successful in rescuing FL.

In Ep 30 FL ask ML to sign divorce papers. I hope they don’t leave us hanging until next week’s episodes. 

Edit : the Emperor told FL if ML is unable to prove her innocence within 7 days he will send him to guard the tomb. He’s beginning to wonder if all these are aimed at ML or FL. It’s quite clear it isn’t herwhen he assigned ML to investigate corruption .Surely it’s targeted at ML. His weakness is her 

Hi M,

Beef stroganoff, i used to cook that! Nice. :)

The one I bought was in fact calypso, it turns red as it ripens and smelled really nice.

Caught first part of episode 25 on wed night and stopped. I am bingewatching profession single and currently left with 2 episodes. Last night I caught what was released for begin again... BA is really interesting for me now, many elements from the Lakorn can be seen in it. Zhou Yutong is the key to the drama.

King An is the scary type, as he puts a false front - ppl die not knowing who and why. Now I really wished he found out he was the reason why his mom died. Could he be carrying the FL in the scene? Anyway I can finish 2 episodes tonight after finishing tales of 9 nine.

So the father killed himself after managing to escape. The part the princess came to "rescue" the ML is so stupid. I stopped at the part where the princess asked him to stay behind... sure to cause some issues i think.

Innocence in what? Ruyi? It is very clear it is all aimed at the ML.  That is why he was alright until he met the FL... good he found his love, but bad his enemies found his weakness.

Hi C

Calypso is nice but not as firm as R2E2.

King An’s mom died because of him? Wasn’t he separated from his mother? He looks good from the outward appearance. He has been planting these seeds of doubt in Emperor’s mind about FL and ML. I think that Emperor is not smart. Why does he keep pushing ML to marry another wife or divorce FL? Why doesn’t he ask 3rd Prince Cheng to marry as he’s older than ML? King An’s tricky. He gets others to do what he wanted to do so he doesn’t have to get his hand dirty. 

I saw FL wearing bridal costume but it’s not the same as what she wore before. It may be King An carrying her though cannot see clearly. King An wasn’t wearing a bridal suit though.

Consort Duan is so evil. Did she have the Attendant Chen killed? Ex-bestie is also so evil. She was the mastermind behind the plagiarism and everything else.

I cannot stand fatty. 

Feel sorry for ML. He tried his best. He would do anything for FL- he got hurt getting the stone for her. 

Also, mommy’s boy became bad. I think he was responsible for setting fire and burying FL alive  

Yes the princess to the rescue wasn’t making sense. 

WBQ’s father wanted to drag ML down as he blamed him for discovering his part in the corruption but spared WBQ. 

Yo M!

We did not wait for it to be too ripe so it is still firm.

I got a shock tonight when I switched on the TV... I didn't manage to catch any drama last nighr as I was too tired and suddenly today all episodes are out! I only managed to just complete episode 22 of begin again and it is 3am now.  BA released until ep 24, I still got 2 episodes of profession single, 1 episode of tales of nine tailed and 16 episodes of ruyi to complete! Don't think I can start anything new.

Guess we will know what happened to King An mom soon, just depends on when we can complete it. I thought maybe his mom wanted to protect him and died, maybe suicide or what. The emperor doesn't have a mond of his own... i think the sequence in marriage doesn't work here. They marry for motive, not succession. 

I haven't caught those parts with Duan and ex-bestie. But it was apparent that they'll play a big part in the evil doings. 

Mommy's boy turn bad because he couldn't marry the FL or because the dad got in trouble?

So which episode are you up to?

Hi C, 

I’ve started Ep 33 but I’ve seen the last few episodes. Some of the commentaries on the video clips are inaccurate. She was not pregnant and did not pretend to die although was placed  in the coffin as shown in trailer. 

It was happy ending and she became his legitimate wife. 

The emperor is weak and not suited to be emperor at all. The problems and unnecessary deaths are due to his bad decisions. He could have save a lot of heartache if he told King An the truth about his mother since he’s already an adult and can protect himself. He just go along with any advice. So spineless! Towards the end you just cannot believe that he can go along with King An’s preposterous suggestion. King An is mentally disturbed about his mother and his obsession with FL is very scary. He repeatedly put her in danger then rescue her. He even claimed credit for rescuing her when it was ML. ( in bandit’s camp)

Zhang Yan/mommy’s boy wanted to seek revenge on ML ( both parents died)so he targeted FL because all the enemies know that she’s his Achilles heel. That’s the main reason the Emperor ( advised by King An) forced her to divorce ML. They knew that ML will not agree to it so he put the guilt trip on her. 

Prince Cheng’s misdeeds came to light so only King An to deal with. ( ok so more seeing his mole, what a relief )King An’s so ruthless. Ex-Bestie also became very evil and worked with him.  

Though episodes 29-31 are filled with sad scenes it was sorted out once the truth came to light. It did not drag on too long. I’ve enjoyed their filming techniques. It was very well done. The annoying princess was of some use after all. 

I know we are in for more misunderstanding but once FL sees how she misunderstood ML their relationship became even stronger. They are both very strong willed and did not consult each other when they make decisions but once they learn to work as a couple they were strong against the external forces. I like ML’s mother. She’s wise and gives good advise. She likes FL even though the Emperor doesn’t like her. He was ready to punish ML ( Prince Cheng is good at playing the victim ) but FL was smart to get 5th Prince to assist her so she can present the evidence to the Emperor. 5th Prince is good and he deserves better than ex-bestie. 

The girl that King An was carrying was indeed FL. 

ML thought of everything and had contingency plan in case something bad happens to him, FL can still protect herself as he knows that without him the Emperor will not treat her well and was proven correct. He’s a lousy leader and father and father-in-law. Just a lousy excuse of a human being. He’s indirectly to be blamed for all the deaths. Because of his selfishness he hid the truth from King An which caused him to jump to wrong conclusion about ML. In that fire only a few scrolls were damaged, no lives were lost. He doesn’t care much for his family except for 3rd prince. I feel that he’s biased towards ML.

3rd prince and his mother were not punished severely. I thought the crime for corruption is capital punishment. 3rd prince got off lightly indeed. His mother is not very bright-she’s avaricious. She listened to ex-bestie’s council which she ended up in hot soup. She should have just stick to embezzling funds from Feng Lai Yi. 

The reason ML petition the emperor for divorce was not due the normal fallout between husband and wife. It was a necessary decision due to the law of the country and resulted in good outcome. 

Edited

Hi M!

I am very lagged in my dramas LOL. I finished Profession Single though the ending was quite boring. I am up to date with BA and I managed to bingewatch Ruyi until 32 the night before until 2am. Last night I couldnt take it and slept halfway through 33.

I find it quote messy, the recent plots. The FL taking part in the competition and getting framed etc. It seem so easy to frame someone, just make them do extra stuff and plant evidence. Then King An says someone smart is working for the consort... gosh... The bestie thus will work with King An and she did fear for her life when the consort started silencing ppl. And the buried alive part... the mommy's boy suddenly coincidentally can plot something so big... so kind that he provided the coffin. The 3rd prince and the mom... wow the punishment is so light. And the way they got caught, so lucky... the ML suddenly became stupid to use the 3rd prince guy as the witness without having any blackmail etc against him. And the FL can suddenly just turn everything around... And the FL at the bandit camp, can she get more stupid? Wonder how she can fight off them with just a fire cart... and the bandits, just one ML to kill so many of them... didn't they smuggle weapons? I am sure it will be easy to finish him off with those.

Anyway I hate the way the SML speaks, did pump Botox to his lips?

Hi C

I’ve finished with Ruyi but re-watching some episodes as I almost fell asleep during some scenes.

The Emperor is the most useless emperor of all the period C-dramas. If you haven’t watched until the last few episodes I will refrain from venting my frustration. I’ll wait for you.

Mommy’s boy was MIA but suddenly turn up. What a coincidence. The part where Ruyi caught fire also has some loopholes. 

don’t know if you are up to the episode where Zhong Rui was hit in the face and fell unconscious . When the Lieutenant or whoever was going to take him out of Feng Lai Yi, he bent his knees when he was supposed to be unconscious. 

Yeah that part where the 3rd prince’s man suddenly turned on him. Did you notice he’s crossed eyed? 

One man against so many and he fought whole night long and have to rescue FL from mommy’s boy.

And after FL was stabbed like I told you she appeared in the same dress and it was not ripped or anything. Maybe she has a spare dress? 

Cui Wan was not so annoying towards the end. Lucky her husband finds her interesting and not annoying.

I don’t like the way King An  walks. 

Botox? You are funny. Not that bad I think. Maybe it’s the dubbing that you didn’t like. 

The voice for ML is also very low like in Everyone wants to meet you. 

What’s next on the list? 

Hi M,

I completed Ruyi as well the night before (until 230am) so last night I slept early.

The last 10 episodes are quite bad, I think you felt so too wanting to sleep. It is almost like a school play. Full of loopholes - too many last minute saves and coincidence - the SML mother suddenly becoming so easy to find after so many years? Then in the beginning the SML should have asked Ruyi Sect to find out what happened. The lover of FL master chancing upon the master's maid on the streets when the SML men was doing a search for her? Mommy's boy, yes the SML saved him when he went to save the FL from being buried alive. But the ML could dodged many secret arrows but cannot even dodge an open one from mommy's boy? The FL's dad no strength to walk but could push the ML out and cause him to be unconscious? And the SML who is so bent on killing the ML decided to to commit suicide because the FL is dying? He should kill the ML before doing so. I was cursing and swearing at the parts when they forced the misunderstanding. This whole show is quite stupid in the sense you can frame ppl so easily. Just forge documents, get actors, fake witnesses etc. and the Emperor/FL/ML will believe readily. The emperor just like ppl to bootlick him.

I saw part when he was punched by the men, yeah his knees were bent... I didn't notice the crossed eye though LOL. Ya, the dress lol. In the first place everyone should get a chain mail so they won't die... People don't get killed from falling from a mountain just the the legend of jingyan... maybe they are living on the Moon?

Yes Cui Wan actually does well in the end... she is just really in love with the ML.

King An is rather unnatural in the show, how he walks, talks... I was just about the saying the dubbing is bad enough, and he talks like this?

The main saving grace of the show is still the 2nd CP. How he respects her by kissing with the hand in between etc. Their scenes are quite beautiful.

The main CP on the other hand is cute but too much divorce going on... even more than TSP. I like how she is willing to die with the ML.

Edit: Next one, this?

https://mydramalist.com/24662-the-wolf

All episodes released already... the CGI looks bad though

Hi C

Couldn’t agree more with you. It started well but towards the end was messy.

FL’s father could already breathe the fresh and couldn’t drag himself  past the main door ?

2ML as in WBQ or King An? 

King An’s mother can contact him since he’s already an adult. No more harm . If he can kill people surely he can protect himself. Why didn’t Emperor clarify? Yes he’s stiff. 

Apparently the long face guy is not the lover of the master. He said he didn’t have that kind of relationship.

Lan Xiang-why  would she be interested in a murderer? He might murder her in her sleep. She’s better off with Mr Ge or Xu Jia. 

Prince Cheng-treason and his life is spared? General Zhenbei’s family was nearly executed and that’s fair?

The first divorce was forced by Emperor and ML wanted FL to be protected in case anything happens to him. Second divorce was so he can marry her as his legal life due to Dayu law  that doesn’t allow concubine to be elevated to legal wife. If Emperor not so inept then no need to divorce at all. 

Amazing , fall off the cliff but cannot die. 

Didn’t mommy’s boy’s arrow hit FL’s father? He was in front of ML. The fire scene was messy . How did ML’s arm came to be in the sling?  I thought his head hit the floor so how come it was not bandaged? 

Yes you are correct. Everyone should wear chainmail then they’ll be safe. 

So far how’s the storyline for The wolf?

Hi M,

Sorry wanted to reply after Friday night but just didn't manage to do so.

They just had to make the father die, not sure if it was due to the dream in the first episode? Don't really recall it but the FL dreamt of something like this?

SML as in King An, the parts involving him are just too illogical... If they just simplify it a bit then it would be easier to watch.. The mom decided to come forward suddenly after making her appearance in the show. What are they protecting him from? And if he could hide himself behind a mask and take on another identity - why can't the mom do so and had to hide herself in the mountains? Talking about the other identity, I was surprised that the ML didn't know it was King An until so late? I thought he knew it from the beginning - weird.

The long faced actually loved/liked the master but said they cannot be in that type of relationship.

The Chinese saying, 男人不坏,女人不爱 ... both her and the master's maid love these bad guys.

Apparently the emperor is really biased and really takes care of his own blood kin. Anyway this part is just redundant, should have just killed him off.

Like we said earlier, it seems divorce then is more commonly accepted in these dramas than modern life. LOL.

Somemore fall off cliff and waterfall and nothing happens... You should see Jingyan, fall off cliff unconscious and nothing broke...duh lol

Yeah, the arrow hit the father who was quicker than the ML to go infront of him to take it for him. If so, shouldn't the ML be quicker to just deflect the arrow? I guess the ML is just having cold feet in front of FIL.

I caught the front part of the wolf... can't really watch on as the dubbing for the FL is horrible. The FL is pretty but I think they are trying to portray her as young with the voice and the hair, but I feel it is too much for me. There is this part on the storytelling etc, really too fake. This is yet another smartass FL getting into trouble from the looks of it. I may try to watch again later when I don't feel so rigid.

I am actually catching this:

https://mydramalist.com/49155-be-with-you

The ML is not too handsome and the FL is quite funny. It is easy to watch and I am up to date.

Hey C

I’ve been finishing up GL a few more episodes and I’m done.

King An’s mom said that the leaders were afraid she will bring down the emperor because of her eyes but like you said she can assume another identity for herself, keep wearing the hat and veil. 

FL also got to know about King An’s part towards the end from Yuan. The Chinese saying is correct . Not only Ah Yuan but Lan Xiang also like Wen Xing. Opposite attracts? She could do better with one of the ML’s men. 

They should have put two and two together earlier and by theory of elimination just left with King An. 

The master must have got sidetracked. She started out clean then somehow along the way she worked for the corrupted people. I think long face is secret admirer. 

Yes the arrow incident. I thought it won’t be hard to deflect with his martial arts skills. They should have kept the father alive-maybe paralyzed is ok. If can fall off cliffs and waterfalls and survive what’s an arrow and a falling beam? Paralyzed that’s all no need to die. Why doesn’t ML address him as father-in-law instead of calling the title and surname. Did you notice that Wen Xing addresses FL by Ms Fu not her married title? 

You know why divorce is more common those days? No legal fees-just a piece of paper and thumb print. No splitting of properties just pack the one knapsack and you’re on your way. These days even quarrel for custody of dog. 

Thanks for the link. I will start on that soon. 

I think I won’t watch Wolf and definitely not Jingyan.