Basically I'm bitter, annoyed and extremely disappointed. How about you? 

To be honest I expected a happier ending for Lee Rang. His character was so captivating throughout. Although everyone got a nice ending.

Samona:

To be honest I expected a happier ending for Lee Rang. His character was so captivating throughout. Although everyone got a nice ending.

Same. Even when it was hinted that he would sacrifice his own life, the ending kind of just glossed over the fact that he died for the good of all and then it switched to the main story. It's as if they just forgot about him.

THINGS THAT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME: 

• Was Yeon really re-incarnated? And if he was, why then wasn't he born as a child? (The show establishes that reincarnation is a period where you get reborn, literally from child to adult, not just re-existing from the age of your death). It seems as if he just reappeared and wasn't really reincarnated as he existed 6 months after his death to be back with Ji Ah in the original timeline. 
  • If Yeon was reincarnated as the show says he was, why wasn't Rang treated the same way? And if Rang was reincarnated as that little boy, then wouldn't that mean that the boy also already existed in the same timeline that Rang and Yeon and everyone else was living in? It doesn't make sense that Rang was reborn into the body of a 10 year old, as reincarnation in the drama seems to suggest that you start a new life in a different timeline, or basically you start your life from zero, as a child and then you become an adult.
  • How did Yeon know that he would have a daughter? This wasn't really explained.
  • Why wasn't Taluipa Granny dead? She was turned into stone. Doesn't that mean death? And also if she got out of that state of stone, why the hell couldn't she have gotten out of it in the middle of the Imoogi/Yeon fight?
  • If Taluipa could pull strings to have Yeon be reincarnated as a "human", why couldn't she have pulled strings to get her son, Bok Gil out of the land between the living and the dead?
  • Is Yeon a "human" still or a gumiho? If he retains his gumiho powers, what even was the point of his "Oh, I'm a human" spiel?
  • If Yeon is still a gumiho, why did Taluipa say that the falling petals were a sign from the mountains of thanking their previous mountain god, Yeon, for his service to them? Unless this wasn't true, or Yeon is somehow half-fox/half-human, or has now lost his mountain god status but has retained his superpowers?

so this is my own deduction.

I don't think yeon was reincarnated. Instead he was summoned back by (the last judge) king of darkness who in-charged of reincarnation, but it come with a price. the sword is for killing imoogi only. when yeon and imoogi fell into samdo river, only imoogi were disintegrated so he will never reincarnate, but not to yeon. so apparently yeon was never died from the start.

the judge did say that people get reincarnated randomly. so this, might be that reincarnation could happen in any time with different or same face, different gender, things and even into animal. this could be the answer to rang's incarnation. remember soo ho was a puppy back then.

when yeon know that he would have a daughter, that might be the sign that he was never  human actually. that time he might thought that was just an intuition. but i think he might be very sure that he turn into human at first soon after he being pulled from samdo river because he thought he had no power anymore that he even got astigmatism and toothache. samdo river might have naturalized his power for the moment and somehow he got it back as time passes.

granny back to normal might be after imoogi died in the river since it's imoogi who cast her into stone. also don't think that yeomra will let her sister died for nothing.

bok gil also might be disintegrated when he killed himself (suicide). bok gil's story itself already mystery since imoogi also being involved in it. so let just be it. it was another story anyway.

yeon was never half human/fox by the way. he already lost his mountain god status back 600 years ago. if he still mountain god, he wouldn't have go to do the cleansing evil spirit instead. 

actually when yeon stood in front of his umbrella he kind of hesitate. somehow he looks like 'ah nevermind, let's just try it. this might be still useful. or else, why the umbrella is still back to me.' the umbrella is still with him might be to shows that he is still a deity/fox.

Thank you, reading this discussion of yours made my uneasy feeling go away. 

I still have some issues with LY being human or not. Maybe he made up his atigmatism and tooth pain? Dunno. 

I think he is now mortal, but still has (some?) powers.

Li Zue Shen:

I think he is now mortal, but still has (some?) powers.

That's what I thought as well. But then it still doesn't make much sense?

LY came back to life with human variables like his root canal problem, astigmatism, and inability to fly or rescue NJA if she fell once again. Such factors making the audience believe that he has in fact came back to life as a human. It all has to be a show just like how foxes disguise themselves as other people. LY keeping his identity from NJA and KSJ becomes the tactic to protect them. He's known to be the stubbornly-protective type of hero. Therefore, I'm convinced LY is still a fox. He didn't disintegrate like Imoogi did. He walked through the Afterlife and Death building without a problem. His eyes changed and he's killing off malevolent spirits with his umbrella/sword again. 

ALSO; LR deserved SOOooO much better

skybaby:

LY came back to life with human variables like his root canal problem, astigmatism, and inability to fly or rescue NJA if she fell once again. Such factors making the audience believe that he has in fact came back to life as a human. It all has to be a show just like how foxes disguise themselves as other people. LY keeping his identity from NJA and KSJ becomes the tactic to protect them. He's known to be the stubbornly-protective type of hero. Therefore, I'm convinced LY is still a fox. He didn't disintegrate like Imoogi did. He walked through the Afterlife and Death building without a problem. His eyes changed and he's killing off malevolent spirits with his umbrella/sword again. 

ALSO; LR deserved SOOooO much better

that's what i thought.

owlshere:

That's what I thought as well. But then it still doesn't make much sense?

Right? But why does he get everything. The girl, the life, the cool fox powers? Poor Lee Rang has gotten the short end of the stick his whole life.

Li Zue Shen:

Right? But why does he get everything. The girl, the life, the cool fox powers? Poor Lee Rang has gotten the short end of the stick his whole life.

I agree. Personally had there been very little to no character development on Rang's part, then I would agree that the ending was exactly what Rang needed - his comeuppance so to say BUT Rang had the best character growth out of all of them. The leads were Mary Sue leads and let's be honest there was main lead bias here, just like all dramas, where, the main leads' fate were always going to be guaranteed REGARDLESS of the fact that secondary characters probably deserve a much better fate. 

I also disagree with the general comments on this thread that somehow disagreeing that Rang got the short end of the stick displays our bias because there is the assumption that we're all Kim Bum's fans BUT no, lol. Yeon's death changed the context of the story, and it made no sense for Rang to give himself up, particularly where it was even hinted that Taluipa pulled strings to get Yeon reincarnated (?). 

I'm not a hater, to clarify. I really did enjoy the drama. What I felt insulted by is the lack of clear explanations of what exactly I watched and WHY the conclusions of each character were they way that they were. That's all. I don't hate the actors at all. I just hate the way the story was concluded. It made no sense.

• If Taluipa could pull strings to have Yeon be reincarnated as a "human", why couldn't she have pulled strings to get her son, Bok Gil out of the land between the living and the dead?

I believe this is because Bok Gil committed suicide, and in some mythology, people cannot have another chance at living if they've thrown their own life away. He didn't want to live anymore after Taluipa caused his wife's death. 
 bluegirlrose:

I believe this is because Bok Gil committed suicide, and in some mythology, people cannot have another chance at living if they've thrown their own life away. He didn't want to live anymore after Taluipa caused his wife's death. 

But with only a slight distinction between Yeon's sacrifice and Bok Gil's forward act in killing himself, why couldn't Taluipa do anything? I think the show's writers should've made Taluipa's motive in supporting Yeon because she couldn't support her son stronger and more believable. It comes out as if she never cared about her child. 

I thought Lee Rang  doesn't have to live very long, but in the last episode he even managed to live 6 month and I'm sure if he didn't sacrifice himself he would have lived even longer? Because he mentioned, that he lived already longer then the normal livespan of a half fox. So I'm wondering why he is totaly fine o.O