For anyone who's interested -- 160 mins BTS & interviews, full unedited version, for The Untamed 1st Anniversary: 

On WeTV 

On YouTube

Is there an ideal order to watch and read MDZS in? I'm currently reading the novel after watching the drama, but read a comment saying that they'd watched the drama and anime first and because they contained less details than the novel, it made them treasure the novel more. Is it the same for the voice drama and the manhua? Any advice? 

Jiuling:

Is there an ideal order to watch and read MDZS in? I'm currently reading the novel after watching the drama, but read a comment saying that they'd watched the drama and anime first and because they contained less details than the novel, it made them treasure the novel more. Is it the same for the voice drama and the manhua? Any advice? 

I'd say, the novel is the start of everything, and it made me appreciate the other more, but that's just me. I absolutely adore the novel!! If you enjoy reading, I'd say, definitely continue on!! :) 

The anime is beautiful on its own as well, it has its own charm, great action scenes, absolutely stunning visuals, plus it's short. The downside of it is it isn't finished yet (it will take at least another season!).. 

I don't have to say anything about the drama, since you've already watched it, I guess you already know what a masterpiece it is! ❤️

The audio drama is the one adaptation that is almost 99% faithful to the novel, so either venture into it after reading the novel, or leave it for last. (Oh, btw, WWX's voice actor is the same as the drama, and he's doing a Marvellous job in it, even in the... ehmm... uncomfortable scenes!!) 

As for the manhua, it's also not yet finished, I personally aren't that much of a fan of its art style, but it's not bad at all, and it also follows the novel closely! 

Generally, there isn't any ideal order, just enjoy each adaptation however you yourself wish!! 

Have fun!!

If you put it that way, I'll continue to read it then! Since the anime and Manhua aren't completed this order will probably be more satisfying. 

I'm not sure if it's because I ended up seeing the drama first, but the looks of the actors have been ingrained into my memories of the plot. As a result I tend to ignore the way some of their looks are described in the novel and even wanted to save the Special Edition Complication for last. (But I might leave the audio drama for last instead) 

About the dub, I couldn't agree more! (From the beginning to the end I never realised it wasn't their real voice!) I'm still shocked, yet amazed when I think about it! (Just a few days ago, I almost forgot to breath when I heard the difference between the voice recordings of a scene in ep 26.) 

Thanks for the advice! 

Estelll:

New! 

The manhua is now being translated in English officially via an app called WeComics 

Link for MDZS: https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/236

Thank you!  This is awesome.  I am enjoying the art and  the humor  so far (only  on pg 7) .  

CqlisMdzs:

@ChineseDramaFan

Thanks! I need to learn traditional characters asap. I wanna read this novel in every language possible, haha. I remember seeing the simplified version on some sites- I'm sure the mtl novel site has it.  

Btw, can you please tell me if the original novel was written in Simplified or Traditional Chinese? I'm considering buying the book but it seems like the physical copy is only available in traditional Chinese?

I'm really late to reply but the original novel was written in Simplified Chinese. HOWEVER, because it has some more uh R18 scenes, it was censored in mainland China. This is why the original novel was taken down from the website it was published on, as well as why the simplified physical version is under a different name.
The physical copy is available in simplified Chinese under the title of 无羁, BUT it's sold out everywhere unless someone wants to sell you a second-hand copy (WARNING: there are a TON of fake copies so be careful (a helpful guide: https://twitter.com/NanaBeingNana/status/1263387869764358144?s=20) General rule of thumb at this point in time, buying a genuine copy of the simplified novel is impossible)
The traditional Chinese physical copy is published by a Taiwanese company (PINSIN), which is why they are able to print out the R18 scenes and use the original title.

Links to MDZS Q (a light-hearted SoL chibi version):
- Tencent Video (Raw Chinese, no subs)
- WeTV (subbed)
- Youtube (subbed)

I also made a document with more links to the novel (in multiple languages), audio drama, manhua, donghua, and official merchandise: https://docs.google.com/document/d/174u3_Ft-vB2fhBqqFmWANZJMiR9LTEiw1EaYLRS5StA/edit?usp=sharing

HallsOfIvy:

Links to MDZS Q (a light-hearted SoL chibi version):
- Tencent Video (Raw Chinese, no subs)
- WeTV (subbed)
- Youtube (subbed)

I also made a document with more links to the novel (in multiple languages), audio drama, manhua, donghua, and official merchandise: https://docs.google.com/document/d/174u3_Ft-vB2fhBqqFmWANZJMiR9LTEiw1EaYLRS5StA/edit?usp=sharing

Wow, thank you very much for that document!!! You Rock!!!

CqlisMdzs:

Thanks for all the info! Is 无羁 a censored version or is it just the title that has been changed? The novel is locked on  jjwxc because of the explicit content so if 无羁 is the censored version,  do you know if it will replace the original on jjwxc?

Also, thank you for the links in your other post <3

Yes, 无羁  is a censored first volume of MDZS; the content was slightly changed as well. The PINSIN print is the most accurate to original (besides it being in traditional Chinese).
I doubt 无羁  will replace the original on jjwxc since it's just not the original piece MXTX made, but I honestly don't know if MXTX has any plans on getting MDZS and SVSSS back on jjwxc. I would assume they're down for good as of right now, especially since MXTX is MIA. Even if they went back up, they'll probably be reported by antis almost immediately tbh.

And you're welcome! I'd seen a lot of fans asking for all sorts of things so just compiled it all in one place for easier access :')

Can this links can directly take you to novel to read????? Where to click??? I m unable to read???

sunshine:

Can this links can directly take you to novel to read????? Where to click??? I m unable to read???

Here: https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com/novels/grandmaster-of-demonic-cultivation/

Thanks for responding ?

hey guys, i watched the donghua (anime) in wetv under the title 'The Founder of Diabolism'. it has 23 eps and is labelled complete, but the last ep didn't completely end the story. does anyone know why? or if im missing some episodes.. thanks in advance!