Kimberly:
Anyways, in the last episode, Jin Rulan asks Uncle Jiang Cheng, "what did you want to say to him?" -- What would JC have said?

This was one of the most touching parts of the drama! JC most likely wanted to tell WWX that he doesn't hate him and probably also wanted to tell him about that time when he lured the Wen Sect guards away so that WWX could safely escape, which resulted in JC losing his golden core (this was shown in the flashback that JC had right after Jin Ling asked him that). He probably wanted to let WWX know that he cares about him as much as WWX cares about JC. But just like WWX never told him about his sacrifice, JC cannot get himself to tell WWX about his own sacrifice. Besides, it would be very OOC if JC suddenly expressed his brotherly love for WWX in a serious way because he always showed it in a taunting/teasing way. 

Yes, I guess it would have been nice to resolve WWX and JC's relationship a bit more at the end, but I personally liked how they left it because there's room for imagination. Judging from how JC and WWX interacted during the final episodes in the Guanyin Temple, I sensed that they would reconcile in the future. 

As for WWX's mother, she did not really have a major role in the plot itself, so I was fine with how much she was featured. But if they were to add in more about her, it would be nice to show some of her relationship with Uncle Lan as a back story because that's where she was the most prominent. 

Episode 43 

WWX learns about LWJ's younger years.  LWJ lost his parents at a young age, just like WWX.  My theory is that WWX and LWJ are soulmates, because they've experienced the same childhood that formed their convictions later on.

Their  mothers were driven away as the black sheep of the family.  It made them stubborn in defending people that are marked by society as bad people. They have the urge to defend these people if nobody else does, and a strong belief in forming your own opinion. WWX's wish at the lantern light festival says it all, "to do good for all my life, to be righteous, to be kind."

LuckyGirlGwenIce:

Our theories were so close!

So my question is around Wen Qing and Jiang Cheng. Was there a possible romance there or was it all in my head? It's not important after so many things happened but I am still curious about their beginnings.

I think he did like WQ but it was a one sided love. It is normal for her to take the comb - just in case she really might use it. But in the end she knew he wouldn’t be able to handle the burden that she’s carrying.

I actually think it’s one side the whole time. He likes her and she knew but she doesn’t feel the same. If you will notice from the start every time he talks to her, she always ask about WWX. I think she likes WWX. 

To be honest though... I watched this series without knowing it was BL so at first I wondered if WWX actually like Senior sister cuz of the way he looks at her lol.

Episode 31 the big mistake for wei wexian