'The Witch 2' is Releasing Soon Mid 2022

I have been waiting for this movie for years and I want to share information on The Witch 2 update regarding the production, story, cast, etc. in chronological order because some people still questioning the sudden change, which actually is not sudden if we follow the news.

These are the listed information i got from extmovie ( source )
and i translated it myself from korean

DateDetails
2019.05.22Interview with Director Park Hoon Jeong

( The content is long, and since it was an interview before the corona outbreak, there is a possibility that a large part of it has been changed.)

- After the success of the first film, negotiations with Warner Bros. were smooth originally, but conflicts of opinion occurred due to the size/scale of the production.

- Warner's side: Since the first episode costed about 3 millions, let's set the budget based on that (Warner seems to want a tight production cost if possible)

- Film company Geum-wol (Director Park Hoon Jeong): No, we need to expand the story in the sequel, so we need a budget that fits that. In the first place, the production cost was too low for the first one, but there is no meaning in making the second one if it is the same amount.

- The first film was also said to be very difficult due to insufficient production cost - The set was reduced to 1/4 of the plan, and the props were not good.

- Originally, the second part was about going abroad (Siberia, Europe?). However, this seems to have been abandoned due to production cost adjustments. (And then the corona hits...)

- Instead, they decided to change the story in the direction of bringing enemies from abroad to Korea, and increase the action with higher production costs.

- Also, this time, it is hoped that the production will not be allowed for those under the age of 15.

(In addition to this, there is also a story behind the production of the first part, so if you are interested, we recommend that you read the entire interview)
2020.03Interview with Director Park Hoon Jeong

The Witch 2, "The story of Ja-yoon finding her roots"

It was also announced that it would be produced as a three-part series.
2020.09.23Warner Bros. withdrawal from Korean film business..

- As Warner withdrew from Korea, the production of The Witch 2 is in danger of failure.

- Originally, in August, the staff were gathered and auditions for new actors were in progress, but the production was in danger of being discontinued.

(From this point on, it seems that the original scenario was not from the point of view of Gu Ja Yoon, as there has been talk of excavating the 'second Kim Da-mi'.

Director Park Hoon Jeong's 'The Witch 2' will be shown in NEW...Final negotiations

- Warner and NEW negotiate the rights to the witches
2020.11.23Director Park Hoon Jeong, Kim Dami, 'The Witch 2' finally departs.. Shooting in December

- NEW a production house stands for Next Entertainment World:NEW have negotiated licenses for 'The Witch Pt. 2' with Warner Bros. Korea , and NEW will continue with the production and filming. They have produced these listed movie, Train to Busan, Peninsula, Seoul Stasion, The Great Battle, and The Beast.

- Distributed by NEW confirmed, crank-in in December 2020, filming scheduled to continue until early 2021

- Cho Min Soo and Kim Dami confirmed to appear again, and the actress who will lead the film will be selected by audition

- Kim Dami's role is not much, but she is expected to appear intensely.
2020.11.24'December Cancellation' Lee Jong Suk joins for his first comeback 'The Witch 2' - Confirmed as a special appearance
2020.12.10Park Eun Bin, drama trustworthy → 'The Witch 2' unexpectedly joined

- There was no information on what kind of role it was
2020.12.15Rookie Shin Shi Ah, selected as the main character of 'The Witch 2' through 1408 to 1 competition
2020.12.15Shin Shi Ah selected.. Kim Da Mi, Jo Min Soo, Lee Jong Suk, and Jin Goo confirmed 'The Witch 2'
- Same as director Park Hoon Jung's previous work, Night in Paradise, it is scheduled to be filmed on Jeju Island.
2020.12.18"Rookie + cost performance" 'The Witch 2' Park Hoon Jung's adventure, OK again this time?

- The production cost of The Witch 2 is set at 9 billion won, 2.5 billion won higher than the previous work.

(The cost was measured before crank-in, so it is highly likely to rise to more than 10 billion won if we include promotion, etc.)
2021.04.01New Lineup Revealed

- 'The Witch 2': An action film about a girl who wakes up in huge secret laboratory and those who chase her.

- In addition to the above actors, Sung Yu-bin and Seo Eun-soo joined

- Director Park Hoon-jung: "A work that allows you to face the human nature revealed through a transcendent existence"
2021.04.12Interview with director Park Hoon Jeong of 'Paradise Night' Ik Moo

- The Witch 2 was filmed on Jeju Island in winter; It was hard because of the snow/rain and wind...

- Most of the movies are filmed at night, so they have been living day and night for several months.

- Filming that started at the end of December was mostly completed in April

- When writing the screenplay, the action seems to have been more than half, but he said that it doesn't seem to have increased significantly compared to the first part.

- Instead, he said that it was difficult to film because it was a 'costly' action scene (I think the color of the action will definitely improve)

- Action with increased space (the first corridor action, etc. will be done outdoors)... However, the production cost is still insufficient.
2021.04.20Director Hoon-Jung Park 'The Witch 2', crank-up on the 19th

- Scheduled to be released in the second half of the year after post-production (...but it was pushed back due to Corona)
2021.10.08'Web drama★'→Screen reception..'Rookie' Chae Won-bin, 'The Witch 2' main axis

- Many girls, including Shin Shi Ah, will appear
2022.01.03 Movie 'The Witch 2' to be released in mid-2022, Lee Jong-suk's comeback after discharge
2022.02.10The Witch 2 first stills & synopsis released

Little information from actors' Instagram and interview

Lee Jong Suk

"Let's talk about movies. I finished filming two films, <The Witch 2> and <Decibel>. I think the reasons for choosing each of these two works are different. For <Witch 2>, I did <VIP> with director Park Hoon-jung before. The director said, “I don’t come out very often, but the role is ‘tricky’”, so I said “I’ll do it” and received the script. Rather than a special occasion, "I like this role” so I decided. It's a fun role because it's a villain-like character, not a villain."

How did you feel when you received the script for <The Witch 2> ?
Was there anything that exceeded your expectations?

"When I saw the screenplay, I said, “Oh, this is something I’m really good at” (laughs) I can see why the director thought of me. Since he worked with me, it seemed that he understood all of my accent and wrote the lines. When I read the lines, I thought I could do it well. He doesn't appear very often, but every time he comes out, there are so many lines that it was difficult.

Did you do any action?
"I will give you a little spoiler, when the situation is over, I will stand behind you holding your form."

(Definitely not a good character, but a bit of a villain, but I think it will be a character with the same feeling)
Park Eun Bin

She uploaded 2 vlogs of 'The Witch 2' shooting

- She started filming in early January and actually filmed all the way to April 19th.

- Because of the movie schedule, it is said that she did 11 round trips between Jeju and Seoul. For now, it seems to be the second most important role after Shin Shi Ah

- Since they were filming in winter and spring, it seems that the filming was canceled several times due to rain and wind.

- Maybe she will come out with black hair + long hair? I still don't know if it's a good character or a bad guy...
2021.05Jin Goo

http://www.movist.com/star3d/view.asp?type=32&id=atc000000005887

He appeared in <The Witch 2>, directed by Park Hoon-jung, which is currently in production. You have a beard, but have you finished filming?

From the summer of 2020 to the end of the year, I worked on <You are too precious to me>, and as soon as this year started, <The Witch 2> was filmed. [...] It is true that the beard was raised because of <The Witch 2>. Haven't cut it yet.
2021.XXKim Dami, Sung Yubin, Seo Eunsoo

There is no interview or so whatever but the only thing we are able to get is the individual posts posted during the filming time...

Unfortunately, we couldn't find any information about Jo Min-soo and the new actor Shin Shi Ah.

anyway if you want more kim dami update on mdl, support me here XD
my twitter | my youtube | my instagram

Theory Speculation : About The Nobleman aka Choi Woo Shik's character LOL
I'm done translating

4 possible reasons why The Nobleman would appear again ( ONLY FAN THEORY )

First of all, the most curious thing among those waiting for The Witch 2 is probably

whether or not Gwi Gong Ja aka The Nobleman,
played by Choi Woo-shik (without direct death), will return.

1. The Witch 2 filming period (2020.12 ~ 2021.04) Actor Choi Wooshik's Schedule

After filming for Yoon Stay in November and December 2020,
there was no big news after that.

Then, in January 2021, an interview video was uploaded on Vogue.
https://youtu.be/KE9ExxclGs4 
The filming location for this interview is...
Yes. This is Jeju Island, where 'The Witch 2' was being filmed.
Besides, the curly hair is similar to that of The Nobleman, isn't it?

Skimmed through the interview video to see if we could dig up more information, and there was this part. For reference, according to an interview on 'Night in Paradise' last April, almost all of the filming of 'The Witch 2' was done at night, so the actors and staff all changed their lives day and night.

What did you do at 10 this morning?
"First, I took a shower and checked the weather."

So, what about last night at 10?
"Uh... I think I was listening to music on YouTube. *shaking eyes*"

Well, I have nothing to say if all of this is just OP exaggeration,
I hope it's not us just dreaming of the resurrection of The Nobleman... haha

2. Interview with Kim Dami & Choi Woo Shik (December 2021)
Our Beloved Summer had an interview with Cosmopolitan for promotional purposes last December. In the middle there is a brief mention of "The Witch" character. From 1 minute 21 seconds

https://youtu.be/uLn6RFmjw1k

3. Interview with Director Park Hoon Jung (2019)

Also, one year after The Witch was released, director Park Hoon Jung left a meaningful comment in an interview.

http://m.electimes.com/article.php?aid=1561864572181701082

"I also want to do a solo movie of the characters I miss, and if I get the chance, I am thinking of combining this film with another movie. It is also planned who will appear among the dead characters, and there may be changes later depending on the actors' schedules."

4. The Witch Pt. 1 Ending

https://twitter.com/zikkcx/status/1484160658161602560 

자윤이 찾아간 박사의 싸둥이가보고있던 서류는 능렷이있는 아이들의 명단. 이 명단이 인서트로 한컷잡혀있음 박사에 의해서 또는 자윤에 의해 죽은 아이들은 모조리다 빗금침 그중에 유일하게 빗금 안 쳐져있는 남자아이 한명.

The documents that Dr. Baek's twin sister had was a list of the children. This list is cut by insert. All the children who died by Dr. Baek or by Jayoon are the only ones that are marked.

IM DONE HAHAHAH
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY FAN THEORY
if he didn't appear... well that was unfortunate

Shin Shi Ah, the project of "second Kim Dami" making?

Shin Shi Ah is a new actress under ANDMARQ agency that will debut with movie "The Witch 2" this year. She has been casted as the main character of "The Witch 2" through an audition of 1,408 : 1. Her first appearance before movie debut, she appeared in advertisement with actress from the same agency for 'fossula'.

Up : New Heroine Shin Shi Ah
Down : The Witch Pt. 1 Heroine Kim Da Mi

Shin Shi Ah for LU42 Flower Garden Campaign

Fellow ANDMARQ Actress for the same campaign

That is it from me! If you are curious about her, you can check on the link below!
Actress Shin Shi Ah Pre Debut Compilation Videos

Thanks for the info.  The world needs more people like you?  

Shoujo Dude:

Thanks for the info.  The world needs more people like you?  

your very welcome!!