Are the audio dramas new stories or another version of the show or the books or...?

They’re audio book versions of the books! 

Oh okay phew, so I'm not missing anything X,D Thank you! 

Yeeessss!!! Thank you for the news!!!

To be clear, this is the 3rd installment of the book, right?  I know the story for the 2nd book with Kiyoi being an actor/model and Hira working for the famous photographer, and I know the big conflict at the end.  But I don't know what happens in the 3rd book.  In fact, can someone spoil it for me here?

I'd like to know too. I got a comment the other day that the fic was clearly set before they learned to properly communicate, and I was like... they learn to properly communicate?? Hira and Kiyoi?? So now I'm wondering if they're actually on the same page by the end of the 3rd book...

I only read the CD version of Book Two, but they definitely communicate better by this stage of the relationship. It's largely because Kiyoi forces the issue.  He is even ready to split with Hira when Hira says to him, "Don't worry about my parents, you'll never meet them."  Kiyoi is like, "You think it's ok to say I'll never meet your parents?"   And later Kiyoi's hurt that he didn't get a role but instead of comforting him, Hira says, "I am too lowly to assume I have the power to comfort a king like you."   That pisses off Kiyoi.  

But in both cases, Kiyoi also does a bad job of explaining to Hira WHY his behavior was hurtful to him . Hira is vaguely aspergers and genuinely does not understand why saying such things hurts Kiyoi.  But at least Kiyoi's begun to tell him when he's hurt, even if he does not always explain why it hurts.  I imagine that by Volume 3 Kiyoi is better at explaining and Hira is better at finally getting it.  At least I hope so. 

I hope that the girl who has done the Spanish transcript of the first two audio books will do also the third one… I don’t speak Spanish but I can understand mostly of it so finger crossed !! 

AerialsInTheSky:

I hope that the girl who has done the Spanish transcript of the first two audio books will do also the third one… I don’t speak Spanish but I can understand mostly of it so finger crossed !! 

Crossing my fingers for you!

Maggi64:

I only read the CD version of Book Two, but they definitely communicate better by this stage of the relationship. It's largely because Kiyoi forces the issue.  He is even ready to split with Hira when Hira says to him, "Don't worry about my parents, you'll never meet them."  Kiyoi is like, "You think it's ok to say I'll never meet your parents?"   And later Kiyoi's hurt that he didn't get a role but instead of comforting him, Hira says, "I am too lowly to assume I have the power to comfort a king like you."   That pisses off Kiyoi.  

But in both cases, Kiyoi also does a bad job of explaining to Hira WHY his behavior was hurtful to him . Hira is vaguely aspergers and genuinely does not understand why saying such things hurts Kiyoi.  But at least Kiyoi's begun to tell him when he's hurt, even if he does not always explain why it hurts.  I imagine that by Volume 3 Kiyoi is better at explaining and Hira is better at finally getting it.  At least I hope so. 

Yes, I read a google translate version of book two, and it was interesting to see some of those new issues, and Kiyoi did kind of try to explain his annoyance...? But I feel like they definitely were NOT fully communicating properly yet, rather, they just sort of learned to stay together despite those issues. ^^;

If folks are going to write spoilers, could you please use the spoiler 'tag' so that those of us who don't want to know these things yet don't have to see them?

Please use this instead if you're going to spoil the story...

There is no spoiler tag for messages.  Besides, I did not reveal the big plot twist. The plot twist is something major with celebrities and I said nothing about that. You still don't know a thing about the plot or how it climaxes or how it ends. So nothing has been spoiled for you :)

Mwahaha, they'll never learn about the secret book-only plot where Kiyoi's transformed into a swan that only Hira's love can save... oops! Anywho, there seems to be a spoiler tag as a little triangle with an exclamation mark in it? Dunno if that shows up on mobile though...

LOL,  Kiyoi  transformed into a Swan.  Love it!   

Maggi64:

LOL,  Kiyoi  transformed into a Swan.  Love it!   

Same actually, I think I just plot-bunned myself. X,D Hopefully the OG author won't mind me stealing the plot of the second book!