I'm watching the beginning of ep 11, and I don't really understand what is going on right now. I thought that Xiang Xiang and Luo Feng were a popular as a drama couple. Why is it such a big deal that there is a photo of the two of them on the internet? It's like the end of the world if people think they are a real couple. Why?

They were secretly together before breaking up. That photo was from when they were dating. Also, they didn't want to have their relationship revealed because they're both rising stars. The agents have to consider the fandom, and a relationship reveal will cause fans to leave. Plus, work opportunities might be affected as well.

I know the photo was from before they broke up, I just don't see why it matters so much to the fans.

It's not just fans though I do think fandom culture creates a sort of possessiveness in which fans feel the need to interfere in aspects of their fave's lives. A star's image would also be affected which could limit the work opportunities they receive. The contents of the photo is a big deal because it was a bed photo. That kind of photo would affect advertisements that they have, so it's definitely something that they'd need to keep under wraps or else they will have to pay fees to those companies affected.