I thought people could write their reactions and talk about the episodes without having so many spoilers in the comment section.

I'm more convinced than ever that the special episode was just to add some information, but also confuse us with the time jumps to make us all lose our minds and come up with theories. 

Yep. Good idea. It’s quite a lot of work to scroll through all the comments.

I think they just had some extra material and decided not to throw it away. Yu’s acting isn’t the best there, to be honest, and that scene with the baby just makes me cringe.

Some thoughts on ep 1. 

Is Shi De supposed to be a sort of saint?  He says he likes Shu Yi, but when it comes to action, he’s terrified, as if in his head he hasn’t planned things out that far. And then he’s like, go ahead, take me, if you want. What was that?! It’s like he’s doing Shu Yi a favour. He started the whole thing, but it seems like he didn’t have a clear idea of what he was getting himself into.

From the way he acts I assume he’s still ‘inexperienced’. Shu Yi, too. It’s not that hard to believe, but it is unusual. Come on, they’re like 26 or what? They could’ve taken out their frustration on someone else already, or turned the page and moved on, idk. They could both be ace / grey-ace, but that’s very, very unlikely.

"And then he’s like, go ahead, take me, if you want. What was that?!  "

I think (it's what I felt during this scene) that Shi De perfectly knows that when Shu Yi tells him "let's do it", he's saying that he sees Shi De just like a bitch (as if he just said "I just want your body, I don't want your love) and Shi De perfectly understood that. So when he agrees, he seems a little sad but he's ready to do anything to prove his love for him, even doing humiliating stuffs and giving his body in exhange.

But I agree with you about the fact that when it comes to action, he's quite a coward. In S1 he didn't really dare to confess, and Shu Yi heard it by mistake... Let's see if he's more brave in S2 !

Fan2Dramas:

"And then he’s like, go ahead, take me, if you want. What was that?!  "

I think (it's what I felt during this scene) that Shi De perfectly knows that when Shu Yi tells him "let's do it", he's saying that he sees Shi De just like a bitch (as if he just said "I just want your body, I don't want your love) and Shi De perfectly understood that. So when he agrees, he seems a little sad but he's ready to do anything to prove his love for him, even doing humiliating stuffs and giving his body in exhange.

But I agree with you about the fact that when it comes to action, he's quite a coward. In S1 he didn't really dare to confess, and Shu Yi heard it by mistake... Let's see if he's more brave in S2 !

I’ve rewatched that scene with Mandarin subs to doublecheck. So, Shu Yi literally says ‘give me’, and your interpretation matches that perfectly. Oh boy, it’s like an extra dose of sadness.

I actually liked that ‘noble masochist in unrequited love’ part of S1. It’s like Shi De is a coward by choice and proud of it.

Sorry but I don't know how to answer a specific comment, so I hope it will work like that...

Anyway, thank you for your explanation about the Mandarin subs. It makes a better sense than the eng subs. And it proves again that subs are very, very important ! I'm quite angry right now... And sad too, because it's painful to see him so sad.

Yeah I see what you mean, I like Shi De's character a lot, as if he was a ancient knight who devotes himself for a cause (Shu Yi cause) and ready to sacrifice himself without hoping anything in return... But I like him... here, in this drama. It makes him look charming, hot, romantic (and the actor has a sexy voice, it helps a lot). But in real life, this so-romantic character would be very creepy, and if he's able to calculate things and hide things as he did in S1, I would be scared if I met this kind of personality just next door !

Saint? No.

If you watch Shi De's face when Shu Yi puts his hands on him you can read his facial expressions, to me they are clearly saying "OMG he is actually touching me I love it, but I don't like that Shu Yi is doing it with anger".

I actually watched that scene multiple times because at first I was paying too much attention to Shu Yi changing from aggression to walking backwards clearly thinking "well that plan backfired, WTF is going on" while swallowing air and twitching his lips but remaining speechless.

I just like to really look at what they are doing acting wise in a good scene. I might have watched it in half speed also, don't judge me LOL.

I agree with what Fan2Dramas said, Shi De is sad but willing to do anything for Shu Yi.

Ah ah, thank you for your comment, I didn't pay attention to Shu Yi at all (I just watched Shi De's reactions) so next time I'll rewatch it, I'll pay attention. I like rewatch scenes too, specially when I feel that the actors are natural in these ones.

Ni hao! 

This is still episode 1, and I don't think we should be so quick to judge Shi De's supposed cowardice. Season 1, I see what you mean. But not now. Clearly, something happened that made him (Shi De) unable to come back (I'm betting on Shu Yi's dad being responsible for whatever it is)... So, it wasn't his choice to  not come back. Nevertheless, he knows he hurt Shu Yi in a very very profound way - so, Shi De accepts Shu Yi's anger and aggressiveness, because he feels he deserves it, and surrenders to him. 

If Zi Hong says he's still feeling somewhat disturbed after filming season 2, and after all the tears at the first screening, I think it's safe to assume that there's a LOT to come to the surface, a lot must have happened and I believe this season will not be light in any sense.

Vania:

Ni hao! 

This is still episode 1, and I don't think we should be so quick to judge Shi De's supposed cowardice. Season 1, I see what you mean. But not now. Clearly, something happened that made him (Shi De) unable to come back (I'm betting on Shu Yi's dad being responsible for whatever it is)... So, it wasn't his choice to  not come back. Nevertheless, he knows he hurt Shu Yi in a very very profound way - so, Shi De accepts Shu Yi's anger and aggressiveness, because he feels he deserves it, and surrenders to him. 

If Zi Hong says he's still feeling somewhat disturbed after filming season 2, and after all the tears at the first screening, I think it's safe to assume that there's a LOT to come to the surface, a lot must have happened and I believe this season will not be light in any sense.

Hello, I quite agree with you about "a LOT to come to the surface".  One of my theory is that we'll discover that Shi De suffered a lot and sacrificed himself for Shu Yi's happiness during these five years, and Shu Yi'll discover that later too, and he'll regret his attitude with lots of tears. My other theory is that Shi De was very ill and he believed he'd die soon, but he couldn't say that by phone or e-mail, and decided to remain silent when Shu Yi stopped writing to him, because he didn't want Shu Yi sacrificed his future to be his nurse. In these two theories anyway, Shi Ye sacrificed himself for Shu Yi, because I feel that "sacrifice" is an important aspect of his personnality.

And yes I think too there's lot to come, when I see how S1 was dense in few episodes, I'm optimistic. And in S2 they don't need to explain again the protagonist's background, so there's more space for lots of other things ! I have faith in them.

Ep 2.

So, what’s with this promise? It seems like Shi De cares about it way more than Shu Yi’s father does. And all this talk about luck. I have a bad feeling about this. I really hope it’s not another Fortune Telling Twist (like in Bromance) due to which Shu Yi must be ‘protected’ from being in a relationship till he’s 26, or some similar kind of bs.

Agnes Fon Marten:

Ep 2.

So, what’s with this promise? It seems like Shi De cares about it way more than Shu Yi’s father does. And all this talk about luck. I have a bad feeling about this. I really hope it’s not another Fortune Telling Twist (like in Bromance) due to which Shu Yi must be ‘protected’ from being in a relationship till he’s 26, or some similar kind of bs.

To me, I feel like Shu Yi's father kinda guilt-tripped Gao Shi De into thinking that in order to be good enough to be with his son, he should maybe like become successul first or something along those lines, or maybe he told him not to contact his son for 5 years and if their feelings are still there then he'd finally allow them to be together. I don't feel like the father is like a really bad person like we see in a lot of dramas, I think he just wants Shu Yi to have a good life without struggles, and maybe thought going with a guy, with Gao Shi De, would make his life harder, so he tried to convince Gao Shi De to somehow prove that their love could make it before allowing it.

That's just a guess though ! But I think it'd fit Shi De's personnality and tendency to think things on his own and take "couple" decisions by himself like he did in S1 when he pushed Shu Yi away without even giving him the chance to understand his own feelings and answer ! So maybe Shi De thought the best for Shu Yi was to do as his father told him ?

What’s going on here? First of all, let me tell you that I didn’t expect to see tong at all! All BL shows (no matter the location) have a basic rule: don’t open your mouth and kiss the top lip. But they went all out. Not even Max and Tul have kiss like they did! Second, I’m getting more suspicious about the daddy YI. At 1st, I thought that he didn’t want his only son to be gay since he is going to inherit a big company, but the way how he was talking to De, it sounded more affectionate. Like, we dated in the past affectionate. I hope I am not right because if I’m, dang!

Fan2Dramas:

Sorry but I don't know how to answer a specific comment, so I hope it will work like that...

Anyway, thank you for your explanation about the Mandarin subs. It makes a better sense than the eng subs. And it proves again that subs are very, very important ! I'm quite angry right now... And sad too, because it's painful to see him so sad.

Yeah I see what you mean, I like Shi De's character a lot, as if he was a ancient knight who devotes himself for a cause (Shu Yi cause) and ready to sacrifice himself without hoping anything in return... But I like him... here, in this drama. It makes him look charming, hot, romantic (and the actor has a sexy voice, it helps a lot). But in real life, this so-romantic character would be very creepy, and if he's able to calculate things and hide things as he did in S1, I would be scared if I met this kind of personality just next door !

Dont worry, I just learnd how to do it myself no to long ago. You just click on the icon that says “Quote. Anyway, so yes, that happened and more! What I am amazed is, the way how they actually kiss. The rule on BL shows (no matter the location) is to: not open your mouth and kiss on the upper lip. But these guys are going all French! I can’t believe they were using tong. OMG….. they are so freaking good

G-Senpai:

What’s going on here? First of all, let me tell you that I didn’t expect to see tong at all! All BL shows (no matter the location) have a basic rule: don’t open your mouth and kiss the top lip. But they went all out. Not even Max and Tul have kiss like they did! Second, I’m getting more suspicious about the daddy YI. At 1st, I thought that he didn’t want his only son to be gay since he is going to inherit a big company, but the way how he was talking to De, it sounded more affectionate. Like, we dated in the past affectionate. I hope I am not right because if I’m, dang!

How did you even notice the top lip thing? (o_o) Never thought there was such a rule. I’ve noticed that a lot of Asian actors kiss like they’re still in kindergarten, but I must admit you’re way more observant...

No, I don’t think Shi De would date Shu Yi’s dad, lol. He’s not that desperate. 

Hello, if you watched History 3: Trapped, there are real kisses too. Ok not the first kiss (who is a surprise kiss) but the one during the birthday, and the one when they sleep together. Taïwan seems more open about this subject.

Speaking about the birthday kiss in "Trapped", does anybody else noticed that the cake on Tang Yi's cheek isn't always at the same place lol ? That was just a parenthesis.