Click on the link for fanart: https://twitter.com/BLUPDATE2020/status/1372023484054872066?s=20

because let's admit it, it was hot AF.

My heart skips a bit. 

And the kissing sound? 

I didn't catch any heartbeat. But I love the sound quality during that sequence. Let's capture everything and makes us feel like the viewer is intruding on a love scene.

Talk about voyeurism LOL

And this so cute noise ZSY makes juste before GSD kisses his neck...

Ah this noise...

I trully feel that kiss scene ... It make me hot and shy when they kissed OMG ...

I loved everything about it, actually.

When the tongues and slurping noises began, I was thrilled to be back in the world of Together With Me and Tharntype where guys kiss like real people kiss in real life.

In my view, ZSY mostly held back from returning the tongue action, at least as passionately as it was being dished out by Shi De. His continuing ambivalence is apparent there.

As an actor, if I was  mostly improvising that scene with Sam, I might have bitten that tongue or grabbed it with my teeth and held it. Not out of passion, but out of punishment for being so presumptuous as to go for the French action while I was still pissed at him.

FLYPSYDE:

When the tongues and slurping noises began, I was thrilled to be back in the world of Together With Me and Tharntype where guys kiss like real people kiss in real life.

In my view, ZSY mostly held back from returning the tongue action, at least as passionately as it was being dished out by Shi De. His continuing ambivalence is apparent there.

As an actor, if I was  mostly improvising that scene with Sam, I might have bitten that tongue or grabbed it with my teeth and held it. Not out of passion, but out of punishment for being so presumptuous as to go for the French action while I was still pissed at him.

I'm not sure for the "might have bitten that tongue .... while I was pissed at him" part. Because I think that at this moment, there was more tenderness than before and Shu Yi understood that something happened which made Shi De's sad, so he can feel there's still love. I think at this moment, he didn't want to revenge anymore but just to surrender to his feelings. But I guess it depends on the way we all feel that scene.

Your last sentence makes such an important point: EVERY member of the audience perceives a scene/show/series from a distinct perspective formed by their lifetime experiences and their inherent, inborn sensitivities. This scene we've been discussing cannot be viewed in exactly the same way by two different people.

FLYPSYDE:

Your last sentence makes such an important point: EVERY member of the audience perceives a scene/show/series from a distinct perspective formed by their lifetime experiences and their inherent, inborn sensitivities. This scene we've been discussing cannot be viewed in exactly the same way by two different people.

Yes indeed !

FLYPSYDE:

HAHA, that would have been coherent with ZSY competitive character and make it sexier 100000000000X, if that is even possible. XD

Wow, someone got right to work with a piece featuring these two. lol Very nice.

I haven't done any portraits  yet of BL characters or actors. I need to do that soon. Hmmm...who would be my first BL actor to portray?

FLYPSYDE:

Wow, someone got right to work with a piece featuring these two. lol Very nice.

I haven't done any portraits  yet of BL characters or actors. I need to do that soon. Hmmm...who would be my first BL actor to portray?

Having seen your portfolio, I'm actually interested in seeing your personal rendition of this scene (with an Andy Warhol flair added to it? LOL )

I look forward to seeing it, should you decide to make one. 

Jurianne:

Thanks for checking out my artwork. It's not unusual that people mention Warhol as an influence they see in my art, but for myself we share a fascination with celebrity, but I don't see the comparison elsewhere. It must be there though, as many people as mention it.

Your encouragement to translate the couch scene into a visual art piece may just have been the little shove I needed to make me take it on. Regarding the piece above, I guess I still don't "get" Yaoii and Manga and all that. To me, the characters all look basically the same, with changes like hair color or facial hair or something. But I don't see Sam or Yu or Shi De or Shu Yi in the piece above at all. 

What is it I'm missing?

I think art creation comes from within. There are no right and wrong but comes from our own scale of value and ethics. As an artist, won't you create something because you have a story to share? A message to transmit? then why should you even care about tags? Yaoi, BL, or else. Don't know? Don't bother. It's that simple.

I like the fanart. I appreciate Aya's hard work. 

Just let your soul guide both your thought and your hand. If you don't feel inspired, then drop it. 

There are no right and wrong answers at this point.

I completely agree with you. I didn't  mean to imply there is anything "wrong" about the illustration above, and I wasn't criticizing it in a negative way, because there isn't, but that I currently do not understand the genre. Maybe I will later. Maybe I won't. That too is OK. There are millions of people who DO get it, and love it!

I agree about where art comes from, if that can be defined. You know, just speaking for myself, I definitely choose subject matter and reference material because something I see in that person or thing connects with something inside me. But I generally do not have a specific message in mind or a particular story to tell. The closest to that I come is perhaps that I want to share a feeling, emotion or attitude about that person or thing with the viewer.

But once I start work on a piece it is all about what pleases me, what gives me pleasure to look at, and especially what develops and manifests itself while I'm working that I did not start out with any intention of conveying. When that happens, it's magic. :D

I enjoy when people tell me what they see in or feel from one of my pieces that I never consciously thought about including there. Sometimes, once they've told me, I can see it too, but more often than not I do NOT see it. But that's magic too.

https://twitter.com/Koilicious/status/1373825339026247682?s=09

koilicious shared on Twitter  the various kisses we get to see during that scene and its specific meaning . 

The video was educational and emotional for me.