lime_pickle:

Actually, I find that one of the less pleasant aspects of her character. She doesn't just 'be' good at golf/riding/cooking whatever. She has to tell you that she was asked to join the Olympic team.

if she was more narcissistic, it would piss me off. but she isn't. she even tends to forget her own agenda in order to help others. so, I find it healthy and cute that she brags out every time she is given the opportunity. at least she doesn't loose sight on  her own value. as long as she doesn't lie, as long as she keep people's feelings in mind, that's fine. but I understand this can be cringy.

deidra:
his behavior says he likes her very much. I think she is his role-model. but he doesn't love her. in that matter, it's more important for him to make jiho mad than to earn points in seun's affection. everything he says and does targets jiho.

so my conclusion is, he doesn't love seun. maybe he is not aware of that, and genuinely thinks he loves her, but honestly, I doubt that. he is very much more aware of himself than jiho. he probably thought he loved her as long as he didn't see her, but since he met her in the flesh, I think he knows that he just admire her a lot.

I think I agree with you here. I think I'm seeing the character in a better light, because to think of it, Hae Jin could only be infatuated with Sang Eun. Hae Jin does not love SAng Eun, but rather he sees her as a role model. 

Look at how messed up Hae Jin is because of his family. Remember how he described Sang Eun when his family came over his apartment? He said something along the lines of "she someone I can't be", indicating she adores Sang Eun for having the strength to separate from her family and live a life (having a different name) than being an heir. Hae Jin hated to be an heir more than anything, so seeing Jamie as Sang Eun made gave him some kind of obsession to be able to live like Sang Eun. 

I think he is still searching for a way to escape. it's 9 episodes now, it's a little late for a revenge drama, so, let's see how they'll wrap this up...

deidra:

if she was more narcissistic, it would piss me off. but she isn't. she even tends to forget her own agenda in order to help others. so, I find it healthy and cute that she brags out every time she is given the opportunity. at least she doesn't loose sight on  her own value. as long as she doesn't lie, as long as she keep people's feelings in mind, that's fine. but I understand this can be cringy.

She does this because she was raised to be the perfect wife and she only got attention and validation when she performed well, no one ever just loved her separate from her accomplishments. That's one of the things she needs to overcome to be with Jiho.

true. she needs to proof she is worthy at least of attention.

that must also be the reason why she hates being pitied. because she knows she is pitiful actually. or perhaps there is a cultural reason for that and I didn't get it. I found her reaction to jiho's explaining "he hired her as a good deed" stronger than necessary. she could have answered "ok, it's a misunderstanding, good thing our contract ends now" and that's it. but it bothered her enough to ruin her sunday.

I also think she needs to be useful to others. she is ready to ruin her own plans as soon as someone comes and say "I need you". that's how she signed the contract with haejin. that's her softest spot. push there and she'll do whatever you want.