Be My Favorite

Introduction

(Rrrr)

The sound of an alarm from my beloved cell phone rang through the room. It was also the only sound that forced me to open my eyes every morning.

But today is more special than any other day. I don’t have to rush out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth, and huddle with people on the train. Because today is Sunday. I don’t have to work, and nothing to be late for, but I shouldn’t be sleeping anymore.

There's a place to go and someone important waiting for me.

But what’s more important now is to pay the room rent. The building owner put a bill with my name under the door.

<Botkawee, Room 311>

Thang Hom Botkawee. My real name is derived from the word Korn KaWi, but Everyone calls me Kawee which means poem.

I don't know where my mother's inspiration to name me came from when she gave birth. My old friends used to tease me about this weird nickname. But the funny thing is I never thought about changing my name. Anyway, this name has been following me for 30 years.

What does a thirty-year-old man need? You’ll see this question a lot on forums or social media. I don’t know what other people think, But let's keep me as the main topic.

First, I’m still single.

And second, there is no particular reason to start a family with someone.

It's best to stay in the present for now. After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and taking a shower, stepping out in front of 7-Eleven. Buy footlong cheese and red pork buns to satiate my hunger. Nearby a famous chicken rice restaurant opened so I didn’t forget to order a special takeout for my room as usual.

Now just waiting.

I woke up at 10 in the morning, but The time I have to go there is… 6'o clock in the evening. Why I woke up so early?

At 4 p.m., I opened the wardrobe and took out the gray suit rented two days ago. Then I checked the neatness of my face and hair again.

“Fucking handsome…”

After a self-praise, I left the room with an old wallet and a useless cell phone.

I have a plan to meet an important person at a luxury hotel. But before arriving, I have to prepare a special bouquet for that person.

To be honest, I didn’t know much about flower shops, so I had no choice but to rely on Google as always. There is a flower shop about 1 km away from the dormitory.

‘Turn left into the alley and look at the store at the end of the corner.’

When Google Maps said so, I started walking without hesitation. Although there was no clear schedule. But I had to go in time. So I re-examined the information I had in mind. From here, I have to take a train and pass six stations, Then have to ride a motorcycle to the hotel again.

Well, I will talk about this later. I think I should focus on the flower shop first.

“Go straight for 300 meters.”

My eyes were fixed on the Google map of my cell phone, and I mumbled nervously. A little further, “Sweet Garden” that I’ve been looking for the store will be out front.

It says on the review page that none of the shops offer bouquets as beautiful as this one. In addition, the price is cheap, so it is suitable for people with thin wallets like me.

“50 meters more… 10 meters more… Go straight from here…”

The cell phone screen informed me that I had arrived at my destination.

I just turned around and looked around for a moment. Soon,  I noticed the majestic white sign above my head, ‹Sweet Garden›finally arrived, but…

—————————————————————————
The shop closed for a day.

The Owner and employees go to see ‘Avengers’.

No spoilers under any circumstances!!

——————————————————————————

What the fuck?!

I knew that the Avengers was being released that day, but did they have to close?

Damn it, should I look for another store now? Or should I not take the flowers? No! I was going crazy because I didn’t know what to choose between wasting time looking for a new store or being late for the event.

And in the moment of crisis, I saw a blurred wooden sign across from me. It looked old sign that seemed completely desolate, but since the front was written as a flower shop, I didn’t hesitate to go in for now.

[ Ring~ Ring~ ]

The rotting wooden door was pushed inward. I supposed this place must be the oldest abandoned house in Bangkok. There were many flowers and old souvenirs around, My nose could smell stale trees and old books.

But the smell was incomparable to that of an old appliance store.

“Hello.”

The hoarse voice of an old man greeted me, and I turned to him, who stood at the old wooden counter. I look at his clothes without blinking. The owner looks like the fifties, I couldn’t understand why he was wearing a Spongebob striped shirt.

“What can I do for you?”

He asked, waking me from deep thought to the present.

“Well, I just wanted a bouquet of white roses. Is it in this store?”

“White roses? Yes, Would you like a small bouquet or a big bouquet?”

“Medium, please.”

“How many flowers in a medium?”

Are you bothering me? I didn’t want to argue with an old man.

“What is the average size of a bouquet? I don’t have much experience myself.”

“Who are you buying it for? Girlfriend, friend, relative?”

“I’m going to buy it for my friend’s friend. She’s about to get married. The important thing is that she doesn’t even know me.”

After saying that, I felt like crying on the floor because of the sadness that penetrated my heart.

Yes, the big day I talked about is the wedding of a woman I have had a crush on since college. But I didn’t have the courage to approach her at the time. After a long time, I heard that she was marrying another man.

Not knowing the bride personally, Today I’m relying on connections to friends not very close to me.

Think about it. How can I congratulate her when I haven’t even received an invitation? I didn’t mean to go to the wedding for free. But I thought this might be the last time we met, so I wanted to get a chance to look at her from afar as a goodbye.

“Life is very sad”

I didn’t know how long I had been immersed in thought. I raised my head and made eye contact At the sound of the owner's voice.

“After everything Uncle, one has to have hope. You must know how bad it is to be disappointed.”

“And you don't think that the factors of the present situation might not really be correct?» ”

I frowned at his unexpected remarks.

“What do you mean?”

"Actually, the person you like might be a good fit for someone other than the groom."

“I used to think that, he seemed a little bad.”

I only know superficially about my crush’s groom because we went to the same university. He was a very famous man by his good looks, but he was described as a flirtatious and self-centered man that anyone who passed by him enough to know.

Damn it! This world is so unfair!

In addition, I recently saw him shopping with another woman at a shopping mall. How can such a person be the husband of someone I like?

“Here is your flower.”

A bouquet of white roses was in front of me. It seemed pretty good.

“Thank you. You wrapped it so cute.”

The white wrapping paper wrapped in flowers went well with nine roses. It was not decorated with other flowers like other stores, but it was better.

“Let’s change the compliment to money.”

“Oh, Uncle!”

He was such a funny guy.

“How much is it?”

“Three hundred.”

“Why so cheap?”

“Then raise the price to four hundred.”

“Three hundred is good, That’s a reasonable price.”

I quickly took the money out of my wallet before he changed his mind. The withered hand of the hour took received three hundred baht bills with a smile.

“You’re the first customer in years.”

“Oh, why is that?”

“There’s a big store across the street, so everyone wants to buy it there.”

“Then how did you survive?”

“Oh, I’m rich. This is just a hobby. Money doesn’t matter.”

This is the real rich man’s life. Looking back on myself, I’m 30s, and behind on my rent. My car was seized by the bank because I was unable to pay any more, although I used to pay the installments for the first few years. Currently, I work as a subtitler, better known as a subtitle translator.

The beginning wasn’t so complicated. Originally, I was a person who specialized in illegal translation to gain experience and satisfy foreign fans. After years of doing it, luckily someone saw my skill and offered to do something official.

There are not only the series but also movies that are shown in theaters. However, I have never received a big movie because I don’t have much fame. Most of my works are small indie films that suit my taste.

Okay, let’s forget about work. I’m nervous enough.

“This is a gift I want to give to my first customer in years.”

“Wow?”

Surprisingly, after buying flowers and paying for them, I got a musical crystal ball as a gift. It looks more expensive than the money I just paid.

“Take it.”

“I can’t do that. I don’t want to take advantage of you.”

A round crystal ball the size of my hand appeared in front of me. It consists of two parts. There was a shiny transparent liquid wrapped around the circle, and there was a female doll in the center wearing a white bridal dress, but there is no groom by her side, so it was kind of weird.

“It deserves to be yours. Take it.”

“But…”

“You don’t have to decline. Take it.”

“Thank you.”

I said, and I didn’t forget to raise my hand to pay my respects before saying goodbye for the last time. “I’ll go first.” It’s time to go, and it’ll be a long time before I get here again.

But the moment he opened the door outside, his voice automatically stopped me.

“Young man, can I ask you a question?”

“Yes.”

“If you have a chance to go back in time, what do you want to do most?”

“Me?”

“…”

“I want to go back to college and get the courage to get to know her.”

If I had done that so I wouldn't have regrets like today.

To Be continued in the next episode

For more Episode of Be My Favorite, follow my youtube chanel

https://www.youtube.com/@BLSpoilers

thank youuuuuuuuuuuu sooo muchhhhh

do you know step by step "khoi khoi rak" can you translate that any chance?

Thank you for posting this.  I enjoyed reading it.  The translation is very good.  Please translate the other character's name because knowing that Kawee means poem just plucks at my heartstrings.  

Pisaeng means light year

ah no wonder the native title translates to Poetry of Light Years