This was unexpectedly a very good Wuxia series and I really enjoyed it. Glad that I decided to give it a chance even though there are numerous reviews and comments which suggest that this series is not worth watching.

*******SPOILER ALERT*********

The comments regarding the female lead, Ren Min not being the right choice for the character of Zhu Yan is ridiculous. She acted the way the character was written and did a great job in my opinion. Ren Min's acting is a 8.5/10 for me. Xiao Zhan did great as Shi Ying so 10/10 for him.

All the other actors did a great job at portraying their respective characters especially, Alen Fang, Wang Churan, Zi Qi Wang and Marcus Li.

Story: The story kept the viewer engaged with enough intrigue to keep one wanting to see what happens next. Most of the Arc's were tied up but the Sea emperor's and the Dragon Lord's wasn't.

The ending is left open for interpretation, either Shi Ying will only return once a year when the Snowy Rosa blooms or he became immortal and actually returned in the last scene to spend their remaining years together. My interpretation is that he became immortal and returned. My reason being that when Yuan took Zhu Yan and seriously injured Shi Ying (because he lost his powers after Zhu Yan resurrected him with the Blood oath spell) , he went through rebirth, regained all his powers and became immortal. So he was able to return by transforming from the white petal (his primordial spirit in the white petal).
So story 8.5/10

Production and Visual FX were great as well Cinematography, excellent CGI, beautiful sets and scenery, excellent fight scenes which were well choreographed, beautiful costumes 9/10

Ost: 9/10 loved all the music and sound effects

I love your theory that Shi Ying went through rebirth when he regained all his powers after almost being killed by Zhi Yuan.  It really gives me food for thought.  It's interesting that the thunder and lightning seemed to give him back his powers... and throughout the drama his moods are connected to thunder and lightning -- he brings about that type of weather whenever he's intensely upset.  So I wonder if there's a connection there somewhere.  

Anyway, thanks for posting your review and theory here.  It makes it easier to find -- and I've actually referred others to your post.

I think, now that you mention it,  there could be a connection ? 

I didn't post my other recommendations under reviews.  After your request I have a bit more confidence and went back and did reviews on other shows I've watched. Hopefully that will assist other viewers to watch shows that they wouldn't because of bad reviews.