Details

  • Last Online: 22 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Philippines
  • Contribution Points: 79 LV2
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: May 1, 2020
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award1
On Moon Chae Won • Apr 22, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
I want her back in a sageuk but I guess she needed to be in a netflix kdrama to be famous
1 1
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Apr 17, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
please don't, there's only a few of us here :(.
Yes, she said she's filming an omnibus movie. Meaning the movie has many main characters and storylines. I hope her storyline is good. She also said she's not sure when her movie with Kwon Sang Woo will be released but she hopes it to be the end of this year.
1 4
Replying to mngpanda • Apr 14, 2024
Nice try by SJK for a challenging role. The overall storyline is tight, romance started off quite ok but went…
hehas always been talented and has always challenged himself. he had an image of a cute boy for running man (2010) and sungkyunkwan scandal (2010), but his acting of serious roles like innocent man (2012), werewold boy (2012), and his important cameo in tree with deep roots (2011) made people think of him seriously as an actor. some of his long time fans actually didn't like that he chose descendants of the sun (2016) as a comeback project after his serious roles because they thought it wasn't a challenge to him.
3 0
Replying to ArbazAkhtar__HOD • Apr 14, 2024
Person Choi Sung Eun
Seen her for the first time just now in My name is Loh ki Wan omg.. 🤟😍🤩
she's great in the sound of magic
3 0
Replying to Kiciaaa_ • Apr 10, 2024
Title My Dearest
I'm afraid I will never watch such a good drama again ....
have you seen the Red Sleeve? I feel like you might like it.
1 1
On My Dearest • Apr 10, 2024
Title My Dearest
This was an epic kdrama, a beautifully made sageuk. With this and The Red Sleeve from 2021, I love that Korea is again making these good heartfelt sageuks. I really enjoyed the story and I love the soundtrack. I hope both Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin wins Baeksang Awards for Baeksang 2024.
3 0
On My Dearest Part 2 • Apr 10, 2024
This was an epic kdrama, a beautifully made sageuk. With this and The Red Sleeve from 2021, I love that Korea is again making these good heartfelt sageuks, I was getting too tired with the Kpop-fan trendy sageuks (I do watch them if an actor I love is in them). I really enjoyed the story and I love the soundtrack. I hope both Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin wins Baeksang Awards for Baeksang 2024.
4 0
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Apr 10, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
please don't, there's only a few of us here :(.
same. when Lee Joon Gi had a drama in 2022, I watched her drama It's Okay Daddy's Girl weekly, pretending she had an ongoing drama at the same time.
0 3
Replying to SabaSadeghi • Apr 10, 2024
I believe the drama has been inspired by "Gone with the wind" story a lot.The female lead resembles Scarlett O'Hara…
I think the creators did mention that it was inspired by Gone with the Wind.
2 0
Replying to hindaya • Apr 9, 2024
I wanna start this cause I receive so many recommandations to watch it, but I'm hesitating a little bit cz the…
I haven't watched the second one, but both Captivating the King and Under the Queen's Umbrella are good. Queen's Umbrella is not romance centric, it's more about a Queen dealing with her sons and the sons of her husband's concubines. You can see in Queen's Umbrella the male lead and second male lead from Lee Se Young's (Red Sleeve actress) time travel kdrama from last year Story of Park's Marriage Contract.
I feel like your type of sageuk is something that involves intense romance, so I also suggest Empress Ki. It has 50 something episodes and from 2014, but it was popular internationally. It's a love triangle between a Korean girl, a Yuan China King, and a Korean King. It's romance combined with revenge and action themes.
The Red Sleeve is based on a real love story of a real Korean king and his favorite concubine. There was also a 2007 drama called Yisan that includes their love story though it has some creative liberties (like female lead was also a painter), has 77 episodes, and has more story about how the male lead is as a prince and then king to his people. Not sure if you'll be interested to watch since it's too long and from 2007, but you can try searching the drama's trailer and music video of its theme song (showing the main couple) by searching this: "Yisan Promise".
1 0
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Apr 9, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
please don't, there's only a few of us here :(.
There is no official announcement coming from her that she won't do a drama or movie for the next few years. In the meantime, we can use this time to watch other actors but always suggest MCW works when they are looking for dramas/suggestions. I never fail to suggest The Princess Man sageuk when people want to know which sageuk romance to watch. I also suggest Flower of Evil but never fail to mention that MCW is as great as male lead Lee Joon Gi (who I feel is the actor most people know from that drama given how popular his 2016 drama was).
0 5
Replying to hindaya • Apr 8, 2024
Please 😭 I want something just like this or better, I couldn't find any better one, I see everything like a…
watch The Princess Man for Moon Chae Won, highly recommended. I'm sure you'll love it, basing on your profile picture you're a sageuk fan.
2 1
Replying to hindaya • Apr 8, 2024
I wanna start this cause I receive so many recommandations to watch it, but I'm hesitating a little bit cz the…
I just saw your comment from Flower of Evil page, you should definitely watch this as this is Moon Chae Won's (Flower of Evil female lead actress) breakthrough role as a lead actress. She got a baeksang nomination for this role.
3 1
Replying to hindaya • Apr 8, 2024
I wanna start this cause I receive so many recommandations to watch it, but I'm hesitating a little bit cz the…
it's worth a watch, this drama is the standard of melo-romance sageuks. Before 2016, lead actress Moon Chae Won was always suggested by fans as a female lead when there are announcements of sageuk dramas.
There are so many older sageuks that are very good, please don't let their age hinder you from watching them. Here's a link of Hwang Jini (a drama about a gisaeng aka Korean geisha) from 2006: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1rAvm1L7Y&list=PLMf7VY8La5RHJnZFxMqWATPU2jDYmrdBA. It was well received in Korea and in some other countries where it was shown.
1 2
Replying to Burcu • Apr 8, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
If I don't hear her being confirmed for a drama this year I will stop being her fan
please don't, there's only a few of us here :(.
0 13
On Chicken Nugget • Apr 4, 2024
I thought the story was very unique and the acting was really good. I watched it for Kim Yoo Jung and she, along with main leads Ryu Seung Ryong and Ahn Jae Hong were amazing in this. The latter episodes dragged a bit for me, but I'm still giving this a good score of 9 for its unique premise, story, plus great acting.
2 0
Replying to Sango chan • Mar 31, 2024
Such a knockoff version of yisan The names can be same on what its based on but its nowhere alike it doesnt truly…
it's not a knock -off, more like a slightly different take on the real love story between Yisan and his beloved concubine. The 2007 drama, while having romance as one of the main themes, also dealt with a lot of political events and happenings and also dedicated some episodes as to how Yisan was a great king even after his beloved concubine died. Red Sleeve also has politics, but it has greater focus on the relationship of the main couple. Both dramas are amazing, but I have to say The Red Sleeve is more accurate since Yisan's beloved concubine was not a painter but a writer/transcriber. She was made a painter for Yisan drama since the director of that drama wanted to do a drama about Joseon painters Kim Hong Do and Shin Yun Bok (painters who lived furing Yisan's reign) and he wanted to have a test as to how to show Korean arts and paintings in kdrama (this drama did not materialize though since the kdrama Painter of the Wind was made by a different director just a year later).
1 0