Details

  • Last Online: 22 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Philippines
  • Contribution Points: 79 LV2
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: May 1, 2020
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award1
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Jun 16, 2024
all sageuks used to be like this. the use of teeny bopper songs with english lyrics started only with the youth…
I. These are recent dramas that are really excellent. Like The Princess's Man, the romance was very compelling though it was the male lead who was more in love:
=> My Dearest
=> The Red Sleeve
II. Some older sageuks I really like (do note that some are very long). There's romance too on varying levels but these dramas have one main focused lead rather than the main couple as the two main leads of the show (shows included here are shown from 2015 and before):
=> Queen Seon Deok
=> Jumong
=> Empress Ki
=> Tree with Deep Roots
=> Six Flying Dragons
=> Yisan (2007 drama)
=> Dong Yi
=> Jewel in the Palace
=> Hwang Ji Ni
=> Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love - has Hong Soo Hyun (Princess Kyeonghye in The Princess's Man) as a second female lead
=> Damo/Legend of the Police Woman (2003)
=> War of the Arrows (Moon Chae Won's 2011 movie)
=> Painter of the Wind (has two main leads but I believe most viewers consider the female lead to be the real lead of this movie, it's just the male lead was a more veteran actor than her when they made this). Moon Chae Won is in here and she appears in almost all the episodes except some 3-4 episodes in the middle of the drama. She was first recognized here and she and the female lead won best couple together (the first and to date the only couple award won by two women in Korea).
III. Some newer shows that are more led by one character than led by a couple that I think you should also check out:
=> Rebel Thief who Stole the People
=> Mr. Sunshine
=> Lovers of the Red Sky
=> King's Affection
=> River Where the Moon Rises
=> The Crowned Clown
IV. Some people recommend these shows, which I personally think are not as good as this one, nevertheless you can check them out and form your own opinion:
=> Moon Embracing the Sun
=> Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo
0 0
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Jun 16, 2024
Really, the plot of that drama is similar to this?
You should watch Good Doctor. It's a good drama (though I wish Chae Won didn't take this, because she deserves a bigger/female centric project after doing Princess Man, War of the Arrows, and Innocent Man --> her3 successful projects before doing this). Chae Won appears in every episode and has a good impact and helps the main lead, but in my opinion, it's just not a character I would want someone who did the projects I mentioned before as the next stepping stone for her next career. But I'm still suggesting Good Doctor, as it's a very good show overall, male lead was great!
0 2
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Jun 16, 2024
Title The Princess's Man Spoiler
You haven’t seen Flower of Evil?
please try watch until at least episode 6. there are a lot of things that will be revealed why the main husband acts that way.
0 0
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Jun 16, 2024
Really, the plot of that drama is similar to this?
not yet. It doesn't really have good reviews but I might watch it soon.
0 0
Replying to itz_rahul • Jun 16, 2024
Title My Dearest Spoiler
Is There Love Triangle in Part 1 & Part 2....?
There is.
0 0
Replying to Claire • Jun 12, 2024
sad? what happens?
I wanto to clarify something about Ferventsage's reply to you about Songyeon's kids: the kid that became king is not songyeon's child. it's a child of yisan's concubine after songyeon died. all the children of songyeon died before yisan did, last one died with her as a fetus when she died.
0 0
Replying to Claire • Jun 12, 2024
sad? what happens?
the kid that became king is not songyeon's child. it's a child of yisan's concubine after songyeon died. all the children of songyeon died before yisan did, last one died with her as a fetus when she died.
0 0
Replying to Burcu • Jun 12, 2024
How many episodes you watched?
same for me, but there are some who might find the first episodes boring, something important gets to be known by a character by episode 5-6, so that's why I usually suggest they watch at least until those episodes.
0 0
Replying to Jessica Gomes • Jun 4, 2024
Title Dear X
That one actress who is in Queen of Tears??
That’s not Kim Yoo Jung. QoT actress is Kim Ji Won
0 0
Replying to Burcu • Jun 4, 2024
Episode 2 thoughts what's wrong with the ml?
This drama is crazy but their good acting is convincing.
1 1
Replying to Burcu • Jun 4, 2024
How many episodes you watched?
Things start to get exciting around episode 5. Try to watch at least 4-5 episodes more. The leads did not promote it as simply a crime suspense drama but it promoted it as a melodrama with crime/suspense/thriller elements.
0 3
Replying to Floralora1 • Jun 4, 2024
Person Ha Ji Won
In The Empress Ki, there are many horse riding scenes. Can Ha Ji Won ride for real or is it stunt riding?
she's been doing action sageuk since the early 2000s (this drama https://mydramalist.com/1117-damo being one of her firsts). Many sageuk actors I watch ride the horses themselves, I'm sure Ha Ji Won learned a lot of action stunts from her many years of doing action sageuk projects.
2 1
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Jun 4, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
please don't, there's only a few of us here :(.
Wait do you mean her movie with Kwon Sang Woo to be released next year, or her omnibus movie?
0 2
Replying to TWJ • Jun 4, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
I really love watching her, her role in Flower of Evil was my favorite. The series itself was also thrilling to…
I honestly don't want her in Taxi Driver, not only will it not be a female centric drama but the first season also has a different female lead. I don't want any fan wars between Chae Won and the fans of the female lead (nothing against her personally) from Season 1. I think she deserves to be a female lead of equal importance to the drama as her male lead or much better if she get a female centric project. (I'm also tired of Chae Won in crime dramas to be honest, I want her in dramas where she get beautiful outfits, I feel like that's a factor on why some drama female leads are popular). If she gets a project with Lee Je Hoon, it should be a different one where she's the female lead for the whole drama.
1 1
On Moon Chae Won • Jun 4, 2024
Person Moon Chae Won
Scandal free, very kind, talented, has proven herself in the industry, has worked well with her male leads without overshadowing them, chemistry with both male and female romantic drama partners. She deserves more projects and better ones at that.
5 0
Replying to Burcu • Jun 4, 2024
I need moon chae won's comeback
me too. I miss her so much, I hate that she's so underrated compared to others. Wish she gets a female centric comeback
0 0