Details

  • Last Online: 9 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 9 LV1
  • Birthday: November 30
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: October 4, 2015
Replying to renna • Jul 14, 2019
Title Search: WWW
sadly yesbut im on ep9 and it does get better and more of a mature, bearable romance
Chief Kim has 0 romance, so you're good to watch that.
0 2
Replying to billie • Jul 14, 2019
Title Search: WWW Spoiler
I know! I was hoping this one show would be devoid of any kdrama cliches
Let's see if they make a big deal out of it. It was only mentioned in passing once, so I wouldn't call it a cliché yet.
3 0
On Perfume • Jul 12, 2019
Title Perfume Spoiler
It seems like I am the only one but I have to point out some things that bother me.

I am not sure I like how this is going. I mean, for the last couple of episodes I haven't been able to follow their reasoning. When E Do confessed his love to Ye Jin first on TV, when that mutual kiss happened, they were on the same page. Yes, he said he needed time, and he did compare her to Jae Hee. But he also said he wasn't fooling around. His eyes and face were full of love for her, and he went nuts because of jealousy. I really liked that he seemed to understand that even though he loved Ye Jin because she did remind him of the shadow of Jae Hee, that he loved her because of every MOMENT they lived through together. He even sat down to write her a confession letter, which, in my understanding, clarified that he DID realize he loved her for who she is and not because of a memory. Even when he almost died after the allergy in the restaurant, he imagined Ye Jin at his bed, not Jae Hee.

I know that Ye Jin pushed him away because she thinks she is going to die. But it was obvious she truly WAS in love with him. But then, after episode 18, everything went downhill. It's like... their feelings and longing suddenly disappeared. There was so much pain between that kiss and their parting in episode 17 and 18, but at the beginning of the next episode, it's suddenly like nothing ever happened. They're back to the beginning of 'not being sure' where they stand. This is baffling and it's out of place. His shock of being attracted to her a woman doesn't make any sense. It was obvious from the get go that he desired her. So his sudden denial of being in love with two women is nonsense. It's like the last 8 episodes or so never even happened.

Secondly, everyone here seems to think of him like the purest human being, sticking to his love for 28 years. Quite honestly, I think it's somewhat creepy. Don't get me wrong, I love him for not judging her on her changed appearance. For remembering her. But he hasn't even TALKED to her properly in 28 years (not that he knows of anyway), and he suddenly whizzes up that semi-romantic dinner date and basically proposes to her.
In his eyes, she is a married woman. She is a woman who is as good as a stranger to him. He literally knows nothing about her. So, yes, he can think of her fondly, but being in love with her? Nonsense.

Ye Rin is a sweet and loving girl who has been with him for a couple of months, every single day. She gave him courage and protected him when nobody else could. They shared their darkest fears and secrets. They kissed.
Put aside your knowledge that they're the same person. If you were Ye Rin, and your lover's first love shows up whom he hasn't talked to in 20 years, and constantly he dumps you (for someone who's married with a kid to top it off). Do you think people would call that romantic and loyal? No, it's insanity. It's cruel. I think they took it too far with his obsession, and it's actually quite disappointing to me.

I guess that might be what they want to show with him suddenly fainting in an embrace of a 'stranger'. Jae Hee knows, so she is using it against him.
But even so, I hope the writers turn it around, because I haven't been able to enjoy the last couple of episodes as much as before. sorry, tl;dr
4 0
Replying to cheonsayaaa • Jul 12, 2019
Title Perfume
I feel like the only way to tackle that dilemma is to have an 'oh my Venus' type of an ending where in the end…
She has already started to lose weight, if you compare her to the beginning. She looks healthy and happy and has lost a couple of clothing sizes due to exercise and proper eating so I figure that's what's gonna happen.
1 0
Replying to Alyssa Rivera • Jun 19, 2019
I read the manga too so I am excited to now watch the movie for it. When I read your comment it made me happy…
I am glad and I hope you do enjoy it :)
1 0
Replying to Livewell • Jun 15, 2019
Well this is just my opinion. I like the story but i seriously cant focus watching this because of kim jae wook.…
I respect your opinion, but I think it's sad you couldn't enjoy the drama. I personally think he's a great actor. Although his voice might be more monotone than other actors', that's just how some people's voices are. I don't see it as a lack of feeling though, because on the contrary, he is able to express so much in his face, his smile and his eyes, even his gestures - that's what makes a good actor in my opinion.I hope you'll give him another chance in a different drama, maybe Voice, where he plays a very different role.

As for his character, Ryan, I think he's totally an introverted type of guy. It's shown in his artwork and his way of dealing with people. Seemingly aloof, but in his head, he is constantly overthinking the situation. I think he feels overwhelmed by the situation being back in Korea, where he hasn't been since his adoption, a place that holds bad memories for him. He needs time to warm up to people in a culture he doesn't know and understand (even in the second episode, he's like "I knew it, Korea just isn't for me, I cannot deal with this". So his lack of expression is obviously a facade that starts to crumble later on in the drama.
10 0
Replying to Lala_Chi • Jun 15, 2019
Title Her Private Life Spoiler
I love this drama, but that whole thing about their past in episode 15 came out of nowhere???
Not really. There were small hints even in the beginning and in episode 10 when they're at the orphanage, we see Ryan have a flashback of him playing with some other kids. It's the same flashback that Duk Mi's mother had some episodes before, and Duk Mi dreamed once about letting go of a young boy's hand. In that dream she wore the same red sweater than in Ryan's flashback. So at least to me it didn't come as a surprise.
1 0
On Kim Jae Uck • Jun 15, 2019
Person Kim Jae Uck
he is so so so dreamy in Her Private Life. I hope to see him in many more amazing lead roles.
14 0
Replying to Toph • Jun 10, 2019
For PMY's character, somewhat yes. But the character of the male lead is a bit different. Her Private Life offers…
@Sarah87 I do hope you give it a chance. I disliked parts of WWWSK precisely of what you described but really enjoyed Her private life. The leads are way more upfront about their feelings without playing any stupid games. There are some unfortunate later on in the show but I still enjoyed it regardless.
3 0
Replying to AnicsiRoscoe • Jun 10, 2019
I liked Her Private Life more. It had more quirks and the main guy isn't such an arrogant jerk (although in the…
I have seen WWWSK twice and my opinion stands. Yes, he does treat Mi So preciously, but he is a narcissist and doesn't take interest in people other than his 'destined' love and maybe his family. I know this changes later in the show and he goes through some changes as his past is unraveled, but that doesn't change the fact that in the beginning he comes across as a real jerk.

In contrast, Ryan Gold, albeit strong in his convictions and seemingly rude, is actually considerate from the first episode onward. It is shown clearly in the hotel scene where he gives up the suite for two strangers whose relationship he misunderstand and feels bad because he unknowingly 'discriminated' against them. There are many of those small hints that he's actually considerate in a very awkward way and that just made me love him so much more. I am not hating at all against WWWSK and you are free to disagree with me.
15 0
Replying to Sarah87 • Jun 6, 2019
Is this similar to What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? I dropped that one.
I liked Her Private Life more. It had more quirks and the main guy isn't such an arrogant jerk (although in the beginning he comes across as rude). I didn't care much for WWWSK but loved this drama!
10 2
Replying to zaphod • Jun 3, 2019
Title Her Private Life Spoiler
more boring as it went on; birth secret trope yawn
It's not actually birth secret, just the typical childhood-fated-lovers. But yeah, I agree that they shouldn't have added that, it wasn't necessary.
6 1
Replying to tiraaa • Jun 3, 2019
I wanted to come back here to say, this is probably the first drama in a MILLION years that I am not able to hold…
Haha, I can so relate! I never do, but this drama is just so <3333
4 0
On Her Private Life • Jun 3, 2019
If I have one thing to say after finishing this drama, it's that Ryan Gold is seriously the most supportive and understanding male lead, and I would marry him on the spot. Seriously, though, this was a very uplifting and lovely romcom. We are all fangirls and fanboys to a certain extend and it was so refreshing to see that aspect made into a drama. I do think the latter half of the drama lacked a bit of the spice it had in the beginning and added some unnecessary plot twists (if you can call it that), but the lovely character dynamics and great chemistry made me look forward to the new episodes each week and I am already yearning to rewatch it. I am sure it will be a mood lifter for many dark days to come. Definitely recommended, although I wouldn't binge watch it, as it's more of a steady lovely romance that could get boring if watched too quickly.
9 of 10 because I loved nearly everything about it
14 0
Replying to Salty_bae • May 19, 2019
Ho Rang is probably the most self-centered k-drama character that is not labeled as 'evil' i have ever seen. It…
I disagree with you. Why is it selfish and self-centered to strive for happiness? Just because her dream is different from everyone else's doesn't mean it's worth less. The problem is, that her dream isn't something she can realize on her own, because marriage and family is between two people. My my point of view, she has been giving a lot in the relationship. She was the breadwinner, she paid the deposit for the apartment and worked long hours in the restaurant to support her boyfriend who wanted to develop a business idea without proper investments. They've been dating for 7 years, it's not unusual for someone to want to get married and have kids after that long. Also, in episode 14 there is a misunderstanding that makes her look really trashy but it's revealed quite quickly that it wasn't the case.
I am not saying that she has no fault at all, but I do think people misunderstand her.
0 1
Replying to HamelinSong • May 19, 2019
When you watch it a second time it's not that good.....
I actually changed my rating for a better score the second time around. But it's just as Ji Ho always says in the drama: Once you re-read or re-watch books or movies later on, you may view it with different eyes, depending on the person you've become in the meantime. So I think everyone experiences it differently :)
0 0
Replying to Nanotao • May 12, 2019
Well, may be this drama is exactly for 15 ish years olders, not less, not more. It's charming in many ways but…
I completely agree with your comment! I hope you give Park Min Young another chance in Her Private Life, though. It's my favorite character of hers to date. Although her outwards appearance is similar to the perfect one here, her other personality really comes through and it's so so enjoyable. I also think the leads have more chemistry than in this drama, and the main guy is so much more likable. I am in love with that drama.
0 0
Replying to Arihant D • May 12, 2019
It may not be for you.There is no letting up with lightness here.It is a rollercoaster of twists .No romance to…
Thanks for all the replies, I might watch it some time later when I feel like watching that kind of drama then
0 0
Replying to Alireza • May 12, 2019
"The supernatural elements (like his tattoo appearing and going and how there's this weird eye glowing when he…
In my opinion it's precisely what it isn't. A metaphor is used in place of something else, or rather a representative. Maybe symbolism could be applied here, but it's just too 'in your face' for my liking. I am aware why they used it, it doesn't mean I have to like it. A more subtle transformation befitting for that illness is what I would have preferred. To each their own.
4 1
Replying to DLKDramaFan • May 11, 2019
I don't understand the high rating. The lead actress's acting was so bad I had to skip her parts after awhile.…
I thought her acting was quite good. It was befitting her character, anyway. Maybe not Academy worthy but I've seen much much worse over the years.
1 0