Details

  • Last Online: 8 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 9 LV1
  • Birthday: November 30
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: October 4, 2015
Replying to Ellie Hyung • May 11, 2019
Title My Secret Romance Spoiler
Who is the little boy?
Have you watched it? They say so in like the second episode. It's her half-brother from her mother's second marriage.
0 0
On My Secret Romance • May 11, 2019
I am having a really hard time rating this drama. Why? Because in all honesty, from episode 1-9 literally everything was great! Maybe it's not the most innovative plot, but the chemistry between the leads and the fantastic comedy made it totally worth it. The sidekicks and supporting cast were nice, too, and all in all every minute brought a smile to my face. Naturally there are some behaviors that seemed childish or like asshole moves, but the blow was usually softened through the silly moments that followed. Now, if there's something that's off the charts in this drama, it's the level of intimacy and skinship in this drama. Hell yeah, it sets your skin tingling.
Which is why I am somewhat upset and still cannot comprehend what happened in the final 4 episodes. Everything was going great until that point. I cannot even blame it all on the writing, because although all that drama and heartbreak is totally blown out of proportion, that's not the only thing that's wrong with the finale. It seems like suddenly the entire crew swapped with a pair of amateurs. Even the directing, the editing, the enormous amount of flashbacks and very very horrible use of snow effects that magically doesn't melt is just--
Okay I'll stop here, you get the drift. Sadly the final four episodes are very lame, I never ever skip scenes in my dramas, but I ended up skimming through them, because there was so much unnecessary wallowing in self-pity.
Even so, PLEASE don't let this stop you from watching this drama. The first two thirds of the drama are really light and uplifting. I just think the comedy aspect and the sizzling chemistry are the strong points of this show, so taking that away was a big mistake.
Because I still loved the drama despite all that and I will certainly rewatch the beginning at some point, I'll rate it with a 8.0 for enjoyment!
6 2
On Doctor Prisoner • May 8, 2019
I am not sure if I should watch this. Is this drama very heavy? The plot sounds really dramatic and I need something light every now and then for balance to keep me invested, be it comedy or just a hint of romance/chemistry of a couple. F.e. like in Mad Dog or Tunnel. What do you think?
0 5
Replying to Red • May 8, 2019
Title Unemployed Romance Spoiler
just what the HELL ! okay she dates him, she cheats on him and leaves him when they're planing to get married…
I am somewhat regretful the writers chose to end it here, or maybe they were forced to end it so suddenly, I don't know. I do think it was right for her not to marry the lawyer, because she very obviously wasn't in love with him. It was him who kept clinging onto her and told her he would wait until she would fall in love. So I think she really tried hard to actually fall for him. However, that's when they were still dating. She shouldn't have accepted his proposal without feelings of love and still thinking about her ex. The moment he proposed, she should have made it clear that she wasn't ready, and then eventually broken up with him. Also, Jong Dae, his heart was never with the girl either.
I think it is a pity the writers chose to make it so melodramatic, because it just went against their character so much. Both of them were always very clear in their feelings and resolutions. They both made it clear to the other person that they should break up because of lack of feelings. So the final episode doesn't really make sense. I enjoyed the drama up until then, but I would have preferred to have both of them end their relationships out of their own volition and then found each other again later on.
0 0
On Unemployed Romance • May 8, 2019
I rewatched the drama on my Nam Goong Min session, I didn't remember that much from 3 years ago. I think the first three episodes are somewhat horrible, with all the weird parody elements going on. Episodes 4 to 6 are made up of the backstory/past of the main leads. I think it would have been better to entwine the present and past plot to keep the viewers more invested, but well...
My biggest regret is that the ending is so sudden. At least half an episode more would have been needed to properly wrap things up and not have us feel like the leads pulled the most selfish acts ever. It left us hanging. Even so, I enjoyed it and it's a short watch. I guess I could relate to it even more now with having some work experience under my belt and worrying for what the future might bring. Also very important, watch until the very last second, a couple of scenes are actually shown after the credits have rolled.
I'll stick to the 7.5 I rated it previously.
1 0
On Unemployed Romance • May 7, 2019
The cast is listed in a wrong way. The main leads are Lee Young Ah and Nam Goong Min. Second leads in a traditional sense are Jeung Seung Ah (although from screen time alone she should be a supporting cast only) and Seo Joon Jung.
Bae Seul Gi has a minor supporting role; I don't get why she's listed first lol
1 0
Replying to Reavel • May 7, 2019
I just finished despite all the bad comments and I really enjoyed it. I had no expectations because of the main…
Totally agree with you, it's an uplifting romance and learning a lot of their mistakes in relationships along the way. I really enjoyed it! And, as you said, they both have wounded hearts, but I like how upfront they are about their feelings especially. And in many other dramas, especially 'older' ones, they always act so shy about a simple kiss or their desires. That wasn't the case here and I thought it was more believable because of that. Yes, there are scenes were they act coy or silly, but look around you and that's what you find in real life and dating all the time. People gushing and acting cute because they're in love doesn't have to be limited to 20s or even teen years. On the other hand, 30-somethings freaking out over a kiss is just not believable anymore. So I really appreciated the sense of realism despite the cuteness.
2 0
On The Undateables • May 7, 2019
I am so glad I didn't listen to those bad reviews when I decided to give this drama a shot. I loved it way more than I thought I would! I've had a negative bias towards Hwang Jung Eum since Kill Me, Heal Me and her constant screaming act, but I was surprised to actually like her in this drama. It might also have to do with Nam Goong Min just being the dreamy man he is and consequently having great chemistry with all of his co-workers (being male or female), but anyway, I wholeheartedly enjoyed seeing their love blossom.
I appreciated that there were no over-the-top makjang moves and hateful second leads, so despite some clichés, this turned into a lovely and enjoyable drama. I do think that the 'undateable Ms Oh' took up a bit too much screen time in the latter episodes but all in all, it's a feel-good-rom-com that teaches about relationships and being yourself if you look closely enough. I also laughed quite a lot, all the supporting cast were great mood lifters.
I think compared to other dramas with a 7.5ish or even higher rating, this was superior, especially in terms of production value and enjoyment. But of course to each their own.
I end with a 8.0, and might rewatch at some point when I need a light and uplifting drama.
9 1
On Cunning Single Lady • May 6, 2019
After watching it for the second time, I have to lower the rating to a 7.0. I must say the middle part of the drama was probably the most enjoyable and what kept me most invested. The beginning was sometimes cringey, and the latter episodes too much makjang. If I could erase episode 14 from my mind, I would. So much melodrama and character changes for the worse, that it almost made me drop the drama. I am glad episode 15 turned it around, but it still left a bad impression and even the final two episodes had pretty nonsense writing and directing in my opinion. The constant push-and-pull wasn't executed in a very good way, either. The two most played songs in the drama were cheesy and out of place 90 percent of the time, which unfortunately ruined many otherwise heartfelt moments for me.
This comment makes it seem like a bad drama, which it is not. It is just not very good, if you're looking for a satisfying and mature romance. It feels more like one of the early 2000 dramas. However, it does get a plus for comedy, because it had me laughing a lot and at least up to a certain point, the second leads and support characters are also quite likable.
Watch if you've got nothing on your watch-list, but don't have too high expectations.
2 0
Replying to Sylvia • May 4, 2019
Park Hoo Ja is the best and most interesting character of this show. Kim Min Jung is doing an amazing job here.
yeah the acting is great but that character is starting to get on my nerves. All that kidnapping and threatening repeating itself is getting old. Her smiley bitchface as well. She has too much power for it to stay interesting.
5 0
On Her Private Life • Apr 22, 2019
So far I am loving it. Great chemistry, fun characters and although the male lead seems typical aloof rich guy, it soon turns out he is not. I am slowly falling in love with him!
3 0
On My Fellow Citizens! • Apr 16, 2019
I love this drama more with every episode. Just the right amount of comedy and serious drama. That relationship talk they had between each other at the end of episode 10 was heartbreaking. Script and acting and music, all top notch.
5 0
On Something about 1 Percent • Apr 16, 2019
I rewatched it and liked it more the second time around. Maybe my mood was different, but although I found it a bit boring the first time, it was quite refreshing. I do still think the first 2/3 of the drama are better than the final episodes, but it's still a feel-good show and it's so nice to see a romance and relationship evolve naturally. Or well, as naturally as it can under these circumstances. I also appreciate the cousin, I was afraid he's turn out to be a hateful character, but he became one of my favorites in the end.
So, I upgraded my score to 7.5.
1 0
Replying to Duncan • Apr 10, 2019
Title My Fellow Citizens! Spoiler
I didn't understand the moment where Mi Young cried too ?? She was worried about him I guess but I thought it…
I see it the same way as 3GGG. She said she was proud of him 'but', because she didn't want him in harm's way.
2 0
Replying to Diana96 • Apr 10, 2019
Title My Fellow Citizens! Spoiler
Hoo Ja is the best charecter here
Yes and no. She's badass and it's refreshing, but she did order murder on several occasions. I find it hard to hate her, but it leaves a sour taste.
0 0
On My Fellow Citizens! • Apr 10, 2019
So far I am loving it! Think something like Chief Kim + Mad Dog + Tomorrow with you/Go back couple vibes. Loads of badass women and hilarious side-kicks. I hope it'll stay that way, cause so far I am sold.
4 0
On Drunk in Good Taste • Apr 9, 2019
The first episode was quite alright, but the second episode.. omg! That sudden goblin reference! The singing! The awkward kisses and confessions! The horrible acting and pointless confrontations -cringe-
Sorry to say, but this is really not a good drama. I suppose it's enough to pass your time if you just crave something sweet, though.
3 0
Replying to tsuyoi_hikari • Apr 2, 2019
Robin didnt die. He just merge with Seo Jin. Seo Jin created the 'super 2d fake guy' with qualities that he wished…
Could the both of you please hide your comments as spoilers?
1 0
Replying to tsuyoi_hikari • Apr 2, 2019
Both Seo Jin & Robin is the same person. The writer keep highlighting in the ending note in each episode on how…
As I said, I disagree, but that's alright :)
1 0
Replying to tsuyoi_hikari • Mar 29, 2019
Title Hyde, Jekyll, Me Spoiler
Both Seo Jin & Robin is the same person. The writer keep highlighting in the ending note in each episode on how…
I suppose I was disappointed in her because until that point I believed her to be a really independent and wise character. She was always the voice of reason when negotiating between Robin and Seo Jin when she still thought they were twins. But I think her behavior didn't really change after knowing the truth, and it felt strange to me. Yes, one needs time to come to accept it, but I just think the writers didn't handle it very well. Her strange reaction to when Seo Jin told her he wouldn't fight his illness was actually what bothered me the most and I still consider it a plot hole rather than a strange thought on her part. Because naturally it would mean Robin would disappear if he treated his illness. So, on one hand she tells Robin she will be with him forever and breaks down completely after it is revealed that he will indeed disappear. And on the other hand she tells Seo Jin not to give up the fight. It was too big of a contradiction.
But anyway, I guess we both just read this drama and her character differently.
3 2