The two reviews visible here giving 10 both in rating are very strange. Not often you see a drama with a double 10 review on main page. I see much better dramas with a much higher MDL rating having no such fortune in having a double 10 review.
But MDL rating shows 8.0 in rating, which is more accurate.
It took me a long time to finish this drama because I didn't find it very engaging. Even after having finished it I can't really describe what it is about, the story is very thin, it just occurs during historical times, and there is nothing special really about it. I watched half of it, then paused it for a year, then returned to it, and still didn't think much of it.
"Sassy princess"? Not a lot, just a ordinary princess I feel like.
The ML and FL did have chemistry though.
I really like the FL actress, Yuan Bing Yan, seen her in Ever Night (s1+s2) and Love and Redemption.
She was my favorite until See You In My 19th Life and Welcome To Samdal-ri, which I found very boring.... too much life anguish stuff, and didn't manage to finish those two dramas because it wasn't as engaging as Mr. Queen or her previous dramas.
I wonder if they postponed the airing of it until 2024 because of Twinkling Watermelon? I see they talk about 2023 being the present, so that's why, and also because it has a time traveling concept and school drama with music. So similar in some ways, but totally different.
"Let's remove all the men and see what happens"... a totally unrealistic story how a group of women go from street cart vendors to riches by only selling pastries... something everyone can make, and with seemingly no competition because nobody can crack the code of making pastries better. Better not to dwell much on realism.
This is a women power drama during historical times, where all the women seem to be understanding and forgiving towards each other.
Lovable and enjoyable drama, reminding me of New Life Begins. a story about a lot of women surviving in a world with rules made by men.
It is not disappointing so far. The storyline is fast paced and there have been no boring moments till now. Not…
It is said to be "Historical - Comedy - Romance", but how much "comedy" is in it? Judging from the trailer it seems to be pretty serious joseon era drama.
I was originally planning to watch this, but the 8.0 rating for a new kdrama is pretty disappointing. Worth watching or is it just gonna get worse and boring?
the rewatch value/index of this drama is hight, I guess
First time I watched it, I found the first 10 or so episodes difficult to go through because not much was happening and it was just about some girl crush and introduction of characters. So I paused the drama for like 4 months before continuing with it and finishing, so I didn't watch it in "one go"... and that sort of ruined the experience. I recommend to watch this drama in "one go", don't watch anything else, and binge it heavily, 10 episodes a day.
Ok, wow last episode amazing. Talk about cinematic experience, what a gorgeous effects and stuff. The golden serpent character was very cool. And the ending left my jaw on the floor.
A little disappointed with this drama. Too long. Male lead not very good, FL very silly, and even having the advertised superpowers of seeing into the future, that came of absolutely no use and was only used in first few episodes and had no effect on the story. Ended like a rushed sandwich.
But MDL rating shows 8.0 in rating, which is more accurate.
It took me a long time to finish this drama because I didn't find it very engaging. Even after having finished it I can't really describe what it is about, the story is very thin, it just occurs during historical times, and there is nothing special really about it.
I watched half of it, then paused it for a year, then returned to it, and still didn't think much of it.
"Sassy princess"? Not a lot, just a ordinary princess I feel like.
The ML and FL did have chemistry though.
I really like the FL actress, Yuan Bing Yan, seen her in Ever Night (s1+s2) and Love and Redemption.
I wonder if they postponed the airing of it until 2024 because of Twinkling Watermelon? I see they talk about 2023 being the present, so that's why, and also because it has a time traveling concept and school drama with music. So similar in some ways, but totally different.
This is a women power drama during historical times, where all the women seem to be understanding and forgiving towards each other.
Lovable and enjoyable drama, reminding me of New Life Begins. a story about a lot of women surviving in a world with rules made by men.