Not really my cup of tea. More soap opera than BL. Daou is very strong and natural. Offroad is trying very hard to be sexy (he succeeds most of the time). I might try one or two more eps, but I don't think this one is for me.
Finally got to see the last episode. Was not expecting that impromptu wedding, which was just so sweet. I like these slice-of-life BLs where not much happens and there isn't a ton of crazy drama. Both actors had tons of charisma and I fell for them both. Yes, there were story flaws and elements which needed to be expanded, but all in all it was a sweet, fluffy ride that I enjoyed and will probably come back to watch again.
A decent series. They introduced a lot of elements that they then later just sort of fluffed over. The "revenge" plot never really felt fully formed. The resolution was all too quick and easy. Not bad, but it felt like they could have dug deeper on the characters and fleshed out the consequences better. But enjoyable piece of fluff.
I always have trouble getting into stories about introverts. I know introverts exist, but I've never met one in my very long life. And since he barely says anything, the only reason to like him is because he's cute. That doesn't make for a very compelling character or story. The episodes were repetitive and offered nothing new or interesting. Good kisses, but other than that... not worth your time.
This series was a mixed bag for me. I liked a lot. I didn't like a lot. Like an adult/workplace love story. But then they infantilize the lead and make him act more like a pre-pubescent boy than a grown man and corporate manager. Even the list... you haven't had department store cake before? Is that really as big as you can dream? Keishi was a great, straightforward character, who made his intentions known almost immediately, so Suzume's prolonged confusion seemed ridiculous. He's into you. Period. But there was a nice, natural element to the relationship. I liked how they slowly got closer. Mostly, I lked Shoji Kohei's performance. When the story made me roll my eyes, his performance kept me transfixed. And then the finale redeemed a lot. The confession scene was very well done. I could probably watch that episode without having to watch the rest of the show, and still be satisfied. I prefer Old Fashioned Cupcake.
I’m not lying—the final episode managed to completely turn around the tension from the previous episodes!…
Agree 100%. Last few episodes seemed to falter, but this was the perfect ending. That confession scene alone was pure gold. I totally expected Keishi to present a list, as well. I thought, "Before I turn 30" (he is still 20's, isn't he?).
This was middle of the road for me. No great shakes, but nothing bad either. I fell in love with JunXi immediately. Wang Jyun Hao is so cute and innocent. Likewise, Lin Yen Tzu is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. The best friend we all want. But most of it felt forced. Lots of over the top jealousy that got repetitive. But I did like how affectionate the boys became. And of course JunXi's parents were awesome. All in all a decent effort.
I really enjoyed this because the performances felt so real. Felt like I was eavesdropping on a real conversation. These two actors were so comfortable with each other. Nothing happens and there's not even a lot of dialogue, but there's a great sense of hope for these two. Well done.
Got halfway through this one before I had to drop it. I know this will be unpopular opinion, since many of you seem to LOOOOOVE this one, but I think it's one of the worst JBLs I've seen. The character motivations change from moment to moment. One second Ai seems in love, the next he's cold and dismissive. They cry about their feelings and then deny their feelings. I'm no prude, not by a long shot, but the whole "buying him for sex" leaves a really bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). It makes me dislike both of the characters and doubt their motivations. They say one thing and do another (Ai tells his assistant to buy Kaishin clothes, but the next day she buys clothes for herself and Ai buys clothes for Kaishin). I find the acting really false. I don't believe a moment of Ai, nor his assistant whose over the top screams at EVERYTHING are truly annoying. Even the lots of tongue can't save this one. Dropped.
My only thought during the Nc in the tent. Who brought the lube or are they rubbing c*cks and using cum for lube.?🤔Also…
First.... spit. Invented long before lube. LOL. Second, there are lots of things they can do without penetration. Third, tent sex is far better in fantasy than reality.
A decent short. The actor playing Choi, the one who likes middle-aged men, is not that strong. But the other lead does a good job. Choi's character was also unredeemable to me, so I don't see the attraction to him, but to each his own. But the surprise ending and that fantasy scene - so well conceived and beautifully edited.
It has only been one episode. So I think it's unfair to judge so quickly. Besides, it's a short-length series…
I have been BLOWN AWAY by first episodes of other BL, so it's entirely fair to judge this one based on one ep. Length and budget have ZERO to do with quality. I've also seen 10 minute episodes that were better than 1 hour eps. Not this one, though. Why should base my enjoyment on a studio's previous work. I'll just focus on this show. If you don't have high expectations that's fine, but I'm allowed my own. Enjoy.
Length and budget have ZERO to do with quality. I've also seen 10 minute episodes that were better than 1 hour eps. Not this one, though.
Why should base my enjoyment on a studio's previous work. I'll just focus on this show.
If you don't have high expectations that's fine, but I'm allowed my own. Enjoy.