• Last Online: Jun 1, 2018

KdramaQueen89

Orlando, FL
Queen of Reversals
Apr 27, 2011
I am not a fan of dramas lasting more than 20 episodes. This is due to my experiences with Brilliant Legacy and Boys Over Flowers. They both went on longer than they should have. That's why even though I came across Queen of Reversals several times, I kept passing it up. However, after watching Jung Joon Ho in Iris, I needed to watch other dramas he was in. Therefore I decided to give QOR a try. The first two episodes were messy and confusing. But, after you get over the time jump in the third episode, the drama starts to find its legs.

What makes this drama is cast of different characters. You got the 2 male leads and the 2 female leads. JJH starts off as this immature wishy-washy character that you just want to punch because he is so clueless. By the end of the drama, his character grows into a mature, caring, successful in love and work. Park Shi Hoo doesn't have much as much character growth as JJH but you can see that his acting chops have improved since Prosecutor Princess. This is my first time seeing KNJ in a drama. She wasn't very impressive but she managed to play her role well. CJA from coffee prince did excellent as a vixen. She kind of reminded me of her role in CP though, a bit whiny. Somehow she manages to make the audience like her though in the end (although the cop wasn't a bad choice=( !) We can't forget the supporting cast who make the drama excellent. They all have different personalities and I like that although they aren't the main focus, they stay relevant throughout the entire drama so you can't forget about them.

The last 2 episodes were brilliantly written. Be ready to cry at the end of episode 30. All in all this drama is filled with many lessons so I think everyone should give it a try!

A Man Called God
May 14, 2012
So I past on this drama before when I was newer to dramas because I read a large amount of negative reviews and also the only person I knew in the cast was Han Chae Young and she wasn’t worth getting me to give it a chance. In the last couple months I've become familiar with Song Il Gook and even Han Go Eun. Recently I was looking to watch an intense drama so I decided to give the first episode a shot to see if it was bad as everyone was saying…

Story- I was surprised by how engrossed with the leads and the plot I was right from the start. I liked that the revenge started from the getgo and you didn’t have to wait for exciting things to happen. It remained engaging right up till the disappointing ending. There many plot wholes and I wanted a solid close to the romance. Speaking of this big romance that is suppose to make the main character change his ways, I wasn’t satisfied with the way they wrote it. The leads had few scenes together and they weren’t even that romantic. SIG’s character had more romantic scenes with the other 2 female lead characters. Even though the ending and the romance disappointed me, the writers did a great job of keeping me glued to the screen.

Acting- Song Il Gook’s character was a man of few words but his looks were definitely fitting of his character. He was really perfect as Michael King/Peter Pan/ Choi Kang Ta. Han Chae Young did a great job with what she was given. Towards the second half she had fewer and fewer scenes. They both had amazing chemistry though. The acting by the other main leads was perfect because their tortured characters were very believable. Han Go Eun was really really good. Some of the acting by supporting characters was questionable though..

Music- I really liked the score it heightened the scenes well. When it was suppose to be intense it was. The OST was good for the drama but not enough to listen to outside the show.

Rewatch- I would watch this again because it was an exciting watch but because I didn’t like the end I wont be watching it for a while.

Overall, this drama could have been better but I think its pretty good and definitely worth watching if you like exciting action dramas or if you’re a fan of Song Il Gook.

Endless Love
May 28, 2013
I watched half, gave up, then had it on hold for a really long time. Why you ask? Probably due to all the angst…

Story: In the first half, you get to see the relationship develop between the two leads. It’s very funny, sweet, and definitely romantic. Then about half way the tone changes, and there’s a time jump of 3 years. After that the rest of the drama is just filled with angst and conflict due to the female lead’s dad that building up to a lovely ending.

Acting/Cast: First time seeing the two leads. Wilber Pan is a good actor but there were plenty of times he overacted in his “dramatic” scenes. It became distracting because instead of feeling for him I just thought how he could have made the scene more real if he had a more subtle crying style. As for the lead actress, she was amazing! I was stunned how she could play this bratty heiress (I hated her character in the beginning) and later on change dramatically to the point where Im rooting for her and like her character more than the male lead. Her and Wilber had a really really good chemistry. I just wanted to mention the second lead actress did a horrible acting job and even though her character could come off as likable, the way the actress portrayed her was just awful. I really liked the second lead actor and his character. I also ended up liking the rest of the supporting characters.

Music: It was okay. Nothing that made me take notice.

Rewatch: I would watch this again because it had good pacing and a great ending.

Final Thoughts: If you like angsty romance dramas with amazing chemistry between the leads, then I would recommend Endless Love.

Missing You
Jan 27, 2013
I like the writer’s past work, Yoon Eun Hee as an actress, and I was curious if Yoochun could win me over (haven’t liked any of his characters)…

Story: I actually think the writer had a solid plot. It’s a bit darker than what I expected but twisty stories are up my alley. The writer’s downfall is a slow moving plot. An episode count of 16 would have made for a fast paced plot. I loved the surprise ending!

Acting/Cast: Wow did Yoochun really impress! His character was my favorite in this drama and has made it in my top 5 favorite drama characters of all time. Yoon Eun Hye did not disappoint but the way her character was written didn’t sit well with me. Her character was too depressing and in the beginning really unlikable. Yoo Seung Ho was brilliant for being the youngest main actor, being able to keep up with the vets. As for the supporting they all did a great job.

Music: It was what you would expect from a melo but nothing memorable.

Rewatch: I would consider watching this again because of the ending and my love for Jung Woo, but not for a while because this drama was too depressing to watch.

Overall if you like melodramas with amazing acting and a good ending Id recommend this.

Dropped 16/16
Dream High 2
Mar 21, 2012
Dropped 0
I usually don’t write reviews for dramas I drop but I think after watching 10 eps I have a good grasp of what the drama was about and after finding out the ending I really wanted to put my two cents in…

Story- The first 2 episodes are entertaining and fun. However, plot wise they were a waste of space. The characters are not really introduced in the way they should be so you can get a feel for who each one is. After that you will find that once the story starts to stabilize it becomes just another predictable school drama with no substance. It really becomes just mindless watching. I didn’t like the way the romances were written and they just made the drama feel drawn out. Other than that, nothing really happens to keep your attention. The ending seemed just really lame and it made me super happy I did not waste my time and watch the rest of the episodes.

Acting/Cast- The acting wasn’t that bad actually. It wasn’t award winning or anything but everyone pretty much managed to make their characters watchable. I do have to say that I enjoyed watching both Ji Yeon and Jinwoon’s performances because they brought energy to their characters. Another thing I wanted to mention is they wrote in too many characters, which made the drama, seem all over the place at times. They should have focused on the core 6 and add in some characters here and there but I really didn’t like having to keep up with all these side characters. This time around I didn’t like most of the adult characters except for the former rocker principle and JYP’s character. My final thought on the casting is they could’ve done better.

Music- I loved DH 1’s OST so much I put it on my ipod straight away. Unfortunately I didn’t get the urge to do that this time around. Sure there were some catchy and memorable songs that fit the drama well but I only really liked 2 which doesn’t make this an OST I really have to listen to. That’s pretty disappointing considering this is a MUSIC themed drama.

Rewatch- Couldn’t finish it so Id pass on watching this again. I can just watch the frist one again.

Overall Dream High 2 tried too hard to live up to its predecessor coming in to the game with too much confidence and instead gives the audience a bitter taste and longing for the first one all the way throughout.

Sweet Relationship
Dec 3, 2011
Probably like everyone else the only reason I wanted to watch this is because of Vic Zhou...

Story- Not bad but not amazing either. It was written enough to keep your attention till the end. That being said the way they wrote the romance was quite disappointing. It wouldn't be such a problem if the genre of this drama wasn't Romance. Let me warn you the romance doesnt begin till the last episode. And then your suppose to believe that its possible that they would want to get married? I'm sorry but I just wasn't impressed with the sill ending.

Acting/Cast- Good acting by everyone and I loved the leads together. I just wish their characters interacted more.

Music- Good Ost but nothing Id listen to outside the show.

Rewatch- Its rewatchable but Im not sure If I'd rewatch it or not, just because I was a bit disapointed with the story.

Overall Sweet Relationship is worth watching once.

Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna
Jun 9, 2011
Story- filled with mystery and suspense with a little romance thrown in. pretty much each episode unfolds the female leads past and she carries out her plot for revenge on those who framed her. There\''\''s a twist thrown in last minute which was kind of odd. The end is beautiful but tragic. I like that the drama plays out like an extended movie.

Acting/Cast- The leads are terrific and have amazing chemistry. Tamaki Hiroshi was super believable in his tortured soul role. Such a change from Nodame Cantabile. this was my first time seeing Kanno Miho. She really played her role perfectly. She was sweet at times and scary at the same time. The supporting cast really acted thier parts well also.

Music- Had a really great OST that added to the scenes.

REwatch- Because there is a lot of suspense involved it would be hard to rewatch it again cause most of the magic is gone since you know how things turn out.

Overall- Brilliant suspense romance that keeps you on your toes and it really is an addicting drama that you have to watch!

Moon Embracing the Sun
Mar 29, 2012
I don’t usually seek out Historicals but I promised I’d watch Jung Il Woo in anything after watching him in 49 Days…

Story- The first 7 episodes are filled with anticipation because this is where most of the plot is. I was glued to the screen and taking in everything that was happening. Then shortly after, this is when the plot started to slow down and the story becomes very predictable even till the end. Speaking of the end, the last episode was kind of a letdown because not only was it predictable but also the big showdown was just really a disappointment being very short and a blur. I did like the last part it was nice to see where everyone (who was still alive) was, later on in life.

Acting/Cast- As I said I started watching this because of JIW but was pleasantly surprised by the rest of the cast. All of the younger actors were perfectly casted and really carried the first part of the show.

When the older cast came on it was bitter sweet because I came to enjoy the younger cast’s performances but I was also excited to see how the older actors would portray the characters I came to be invested in. KSH was perfect as the King. He did an awesome job playing his cold yet soft when it came to Yeo Woo character. This was the first time I’ve seen Ha Ga In and let’s just say I don’t think Id like to see more from her. Her acting was just very strange. Her eyes looked like she was lost the whole time and her expressions were bland. Still although her performance was distracting at times she didn’t take a way from the credibility of the story. She didn’t have much chemistry with KSH. I just thought it was weird that Casting would cast someone who is way older than the male lead to play someone a lot younger than him. Does that make sense? Anyways, JIW was brilliant as always but his role is smaller than he deserves. I thought the rest of the cast did a good job bringing their characters to life. The villains were very believable.

Music- Lovely score, and the OST was beautiful. They fit so well and heightened the scenes.

Rewatch- Id wait to watch many years from now just because I wasn’t too invested in the romance (didn’t sense a chemistry btwn leads) and the story isn’t anything I have to see for a while.

Overall Moon Embraces the Sun was a good watch but it definitely could have been taken to the next level with a different actress as the lead and a little more happenings written within the plot. I don’t agree that this is one of the best dramas ever but its better than your average K drama. Oh yeah and its short for a historical which is a plus, so watch!

LIFE
Jul 29, 2011
This drama is insane! All the characters have problems. Some have psychological problems as well! LOL. But seriously this is a dark drama. Sometimes there were times where I wanted to drop this because I got so frustrated with the characters. Even so, I kept watching because the story kept me interested. I still get chills thinking about Katsumi. He is one sick dude! Overall though I feel this drama is important and everyone should watch. I sure learned a lot=)
Love Shuffle
Jun 11, 2012
I first tried watching this over a year ago when I had became a fan of Tamaki Hiroshi. After getting through the first 20 minutes I thought it was too slow, had gotten bored and figured since I didn’t know the rest of the cast it wouldn’t be a loss to just give up now. Well after reading a recent review I decided it wouldn’t hurt to go back and try watching the first episode again since this time I knew most of the main cast…

Story- I was wondering how a romantic comedy could be labeled psychological but the writers really do try to mess with your mind. There were many times where I was like wait how did that happen or questioned certain characters true motives. As for the loveliness, I thought they did a terrific job with the pairings. The only problem I had with the story is there were certain characters arcs that I found boring like the married lady, Mei, and Yukichi. I didn’t really care about them and wanted to fast forward their scenes. I liked the end and how everyone found what he or she needed at that moment.

Acting/Cast/Characters- The acting was fine by the main cast and the casting fit perfectly. However, I was more invested in the core 4 characters with the the addition of Kairi winning me over by the end (her silent character was annoying in the beginning with all her darkness). I really liked how at first they were strangers even though they lived in the same apartment complex for a while but during the Love Shuffle period they had become like a little family depending on each other. I wanted to be a part of their group!

Music- While it seemed to fit I just didn’t like it. Sometimes the music became distracting also.

Rewatch- I’d like to rewatch this someday in the near future because I loved the 4 main character's relationship.

Overall Love Shuffle is one of the more interesting Jdramas I’ve found. While not the most exciting, sometimes you need a realistic drama to keep you grounded.

New Heart
Apr 17, 2012
I wasn’t initially drawn to this drama just because I’ve been disappointed in some way by most of the medical dramas I’ve watched. I decided to give it a chance though because I have a new found interest in Ji Sung=)

Story- typical medical storyline. You have your patient surgeries, although I was grateful they didn’t stuff them down our throats. Each of the patients featured had a significant arc and they were all memorable. You also got your hospital politics. Although, it wasn’t as intense as I would have liked. Finally you got your developing romance. Now this is where they got me hooked. To be honest for the first 1/3 of this drama I was kind of bored and the episodes felt long. But by ep 10 things started to get moving and the episodes went by at a good pace. By ep 16 I was really invested in the romance, although it really is more of a background story arc. Lets just say some scenes really frustrated me! Towards the last couple episodes I really got restless. I wanted it to end already. 23 episodes @ 60-80 min. really was just too much for this type of drama. I liked the ending cause we got to see how everyone was doing after a years time.

Acting/Cast- I really was surprised by how much I liked the cast. Ji Sung is great as always. But really I was impressed by Kim Min Jung who I’ve only seen in Thorn Birds (must see melodrama BTW). She played her character perfectly. In the beginning her character is cold and uncaring but she changes slowly and begins to warm up through her interactions with Ji Sung’s character. I just really thought her character development was really great! The acting by the supporting cast was perfect for what their roles called for. I ended up liking most of the characters.

Music- Didn’t really notice it in this one. I don’t think I disliked it though…

Rewatch- Although I came to love all the characters I don’t think I could sit through this drama again but for some it might be rewatchable.

Overall, the story isn’t all that but leads pull you in. It’s one of the more memorable medical dramas I’ve seen.

Unbeatable
Apr 16, 2012
I came upon this drama only because I was a new Roy Chiu fan after watching him in Easy Fortune Happy Life. I had never watched a Mainland Chinese drama before so I was very hesitant because I can barely get through Taiwanese dramas…

Story- It’s very business oriented but has a lot of good light scenes thrown in here and there to keep it balanced. There are 2 romances. The first, is the romance between the main couple (Hu Ge & Tiffany Tang’s characters). The second, which is the sole reason I continued watching, is the romance between Roy Chiu & Stephy Qi’s characters. Their romance arc was sooo much fun to watch. Most of their scenes were funny and hot! I was kind of mad that they didn’t have a lot of scenes together though. I wish they took out all those boring meeting scenes and replaced them with more of Wei Xiao/Ye Rou! The synopsis hints to the fact that this is a sort of revenge drama but I thought it was kind of disappointing in that respect. It really only happens in the last 3 episodes but it was very quick and I was kind of confused with the outcome. I really liked the ending it was satisfying;)

Acting/Cast- I was really surprised by the acting. It was so much better than what I’ve seen in Taiwanese dramas. I liked that the characters were written with brains and are just very mature. I really thought the entire cast did a great job. The villains were villainy but I still felt sorry for them and didn’t want what was coming to them. The writers make you feel sympathetic for them.

Music- I really liked the score it fit the scenes beautifully. The OST was good but light.

Rewatch- I’d rewatch this again maybe 2 years from now.

Overall Unbeatable is a drama about overcoming whatever obstacles may come your way in both your professional and personal lives. I liked the life messages it sent out. If you ever feel like trying out a non historical mainland drama then I definitely would recommend this one.

Please Teach Me English
Oct 5, 2011
Teach Me English was funny and the story isn't boring. It also has a really cute ending.

The acting was really great and the cast fit their characters well. The only thing was I really hated the female character. She was too annoying and at times stalkerish to the point of feeling embarrased for her. The english teacher also stood out like a sore thumb just because her korean accent was so bad. I really liked the supporting cast they were funny.

Pretty much I watched this movie for Jang Hyuk=D
Romantic Island
Aug 27, 2011
This movie is funny but it felt a little slow at times. It has 3 different storylines that tell the relationships of 3 different couples. I loved the story with the older couple, it was very sweet. I really liked the story of Eugene & Min Ki's characters. It was hott=D My least favorite story would be that of Lee Son Gun Gyun. I freakin love LSG and watched this movie because of him, but the actress he got paired up with ruined his part in the movie. They had no chemistry which made thier part of the movie boring. At least everyone had a happy ending=D
Who Are You?
Jun 27, 2011
Who Are You is not only the story of Son Young In finding romance in the midst of tragedy but also finding a re connection with her father. The acting by everyone is brilliant. I just don\''\''t think the main leads had enough chemistry which didn\''\''t pull me in. I watched more for the relationship between the father and daughter. You will definitely feel sad. The plot is slow and makes the drama feel slow. It could have definitely been written a little better. I\''\''m not sure If I\''\''d watch this again. Overall this drama is bittersweet.