• Location: Europe

KimWanHee

Europe
Method
Dec 7, 2017
Let me start with...for Korean movies, especiall movies dealing with being homosexual, Method is quite strong and mature and a big bite to digest. I did not expect this when I first heard about it and even though the trailer showed some teasers for how this movie was gonna be. BUT I'm still really happy I watched it.
I haven't been this fascinated by a movie in a long time. Sure, excited and caught by movies but not fascinated.

Story - the story is awesome. The ending did not really go for my taste but I liked it better than expected, let's say - it fits the movie well. While in the beginning you start thinking "Will this movie really be interesting?" the characters suck you into their life and feelings and you cannot stop watching until you know what's gonna happen. I liked how the story went along and like I said the ending fits quite well.

Acting/Cast - First off, I'm amazingly happy that the actor for Jaeha (I just forgot his name right now), a really known and popular actor, is in this movie and it's not just made by newbies or so. This gives this kind of mature movie a more serious and experienced feeling. As for the acting - it was awesome. I loved it. Nothing more to say.

Music - You don't really notice but then you do. It fits really really well.

Rewatch - Probably. Pretty sure.

Overall - Overall, Method is a piece of art where everything was put together neatly. It's definitely interesting, although not to everyone's taste I presume, and I think all the parts fit so well together which makes it enjoyable to watch even if it is quite dark. I recommend it, definitely!

HIStory2: Right or Wrong
Feb 21, 2018
HIStory stories had quite some pressure on them after the release of Obsessed, so I was very curious how "season 2" would do. I expected to be either utterly disappointed or be full of high praise. Well, fortunately the second one is the case.

Story: Right or Wrong gives us a lovely storyline that does not actually start with a love line but a main "get to know the life of the characters" plotline. Soon though, it picks up the pace and gives you a lot more than you expected. The story gives you some drama, a lot of funny remarks or conversations (at least I sometimes found them quite funny) but mostly it gives you loveliness...RoW is lovely from beginning to end and when you start you don't wanna stop because the characters grow on you rather quickly. Also it gives us a little unusual storyline for BL series and movies, so that's something new and fresh.

Cast: The cast was a little bit awkward at first but after getting to know the characters better, you start loving them and the awkwardness disappears. The acting is good enough, for me to forget that they are actors and for me to want to know what they will act in next. Also the cast managed to give their own flavour to the characters.

Music: The music was great. I love the ending song!!

Rewatch: Oh yes, definitely. Probably right now ^.^

Overall: Overall the story did not disappoint at all and was interesting and refreshing especially for a BL series. The characters were lovely, the cast did a great job, the music is noticeable and nice to listen to and I definitely love this as much as Obsessed. Well, the expectations for the rest of HIStory 2 are rising...

Love Sick: The Series Season 2
Oct 16, 2015
So just as a starter: If you liked season 1 of Love Sick for it's story and music and the cute and sweet moments as well as the comedy scenes, then season 2 will definitely be a good choice to watch.

Story: The story of season 2 finally resolves some of the issues and problems which came up in season 1. How exactly...that would be a spoiler ;D For me, season 2 seemed a little bit more mature and detailed than season 1. Also the producers finally decided to concentrate on the main couples and only show some scenes (for fun and entertainment) of other couples and storylines (still if you only like one couple or so, you're gonna end up skipping a lot).
Season 2, It goes a little bit away from the 'just romance' feeling and connects different elements of life with the romantic and friendship relationships between the characters. Nevertheless, season 2 is just as sweet as season 1.

Acting/Cast: The casting choice, I think, is perfect. The acting...maybe not so much. It is definitely better than season 1, especially in later half of season 2. You can see how the actors and actresses learned and became better at acting. So compliments to the cast :D

Music: I've never seen a show or real life, where the songs are sooo accurate to what someone is feeling...I love the music in Love Sick but sometimes I just have to laugh when I think about how they always seem to find a song which resembles their feelings exactly to the point o.O XD Still the music itself is great, catchy and suitable for the show.

Rewatch: Oh, I'm soooo gonna rewatch this!!! XD

So overall, if you get over a little bit of awkwardness and some annoying characters (I think there is no one who watched the show and didn't find at least one character they don't like) then I definitely recommend watching this. The story itself is definitely worth it!!!

A Korean Odyssey
Mar 5, 2018
Let me try to describe A Korean Odyssey in a few short words: It's like a fantasy movie in 20 episodes with a lot of cool and stunning scenes, some great and some crappy CGI and an awkward chemistry between the leads. But it's cool.

Story: The story is actually not as bad as some people say. I loved the story premise, it's different from what you usually get from Korean dramas. It has a lot of backstory but they managed to give it to you bit by bit and not make you bored or hate the overall story. Sure, sometimes the script wasn't the best but the story premise is great!

Acting/Cast/Characters: The acting was definitely great from all the actors and actresses. The chemistry between MaWang and Son Oh Gong, the "bromance", is really enjoyable and brings like 50% of the comedy in the show. Cha Seung Won shined in this drama with the many characteristics MaWang showed and I think it's a great comeback drama for Lee SeungGi. So big compliments to all the main and the supporting actors for showing us so many sides to their characters.

So now to the bad part: The chemistry between LSG and Oh Yeon Seo was well...not good...kinda cold and if this was a normal rom-com I would never have watched 20 episodes with them, definitely not. That's not the fault of OYS though, it was just that her character was really crappy...I mean there has to be a limit to how naive, self-centered and gullible a person can be?! Jin Seon Mi -the character- is the only reason I'm taking some points off here.

Music: The music fit the drama well and I looked up almost all of the songs.

Rewatch: Some scenes definitely but probably not the whole drama...

Overall: Overall this drama had like one main character, Lee Seung Gi and all the others were supporting characters. The drama has a great premise but while it starts off kind of unusual for a Kdrama it turns around at like halftime and goes right into dramaland, which makes it a little bit more boring in the end but bearable. The acting was amazing, character design awesome (except for one) and another thing: it's oh so detailed. I loved it and I would warmly recommend it but let me tell you, if you don't like it after 5-6 episodes drop it. Before that you won't get the right feeling for it and after that you're either into it or you're not.

ReminderS
Apr 21, 2019
So before you think "OMG she gave this show a 10 even though it's so short" there is a real reason behind it. I promise.

The story of ReminderS is nothing overly interesting or dramatic but that was clear from the beginning since it a) only has three episodes, b) is called Reminders c) is mainly to promote the actors and the upcoming third season of Love Sick.
I don't have a problem with that. Since it was clear from the beginning there were no empty promises but they delivered what they said. So don't expect real big drama or a major storyline going on. There is a direction but that's pretty much it.

The cast and the characters were amazing. The LBC cast played different characters this time but they added character traits that made the roles even better and seemed more natural for the actors, so it seemed more convincing. For the Love Sick cast - we came a long way especially with their acting. It improved a lot and I love that the actors still have the same chemistry as before and it did not suffer over the years. The Love Sick characters also took something like an advisor role in this show. It was nice to see them as a mostly stable couple trying to help others and finally getting a break from all the drama we are used to from the usual shows. They probably kept the drama for the upcoming season.
Also we have a few cameos, some expected from the trailer, some totally unexpected and a wonderful surprise.

The music is pretty much the same over all the three episodes but if you watched Love Sick with all your heart, beware of fainting and grinning like a fool ^.^

Rewatch, depends on when the future shows are coming out.

Overall this show deserves a 7 if you are a LBC fan, 5 if you are a general BL fan and a 10 if you are a Love Sick fan. Not because the story is that good or it is that interesting but because this show stays so true to its name, it's scary. This show is a reminder of LBC and LS and brings back all those memories. I watched LS as long ago as it can be and I really enjoyed seeing the characters I haven't seen so long, also LBC is not getting another season so we don't have many chances to see them together again.
ReminderS is a show to remind us of those great shows, couples, actors and music and to remember watching them and getting into BL and that's what makes it as amazing as it is.

Guardian
Aug 8, 2018
When I found Guardian I was totally amazed by this Chinese series and I've never really seen much of Chinese shows before because it just wasn't my thing. Well Guardian changed that.

Story: I can tell you that the story itself may take 1-2 episodes to grow on you but it will. Mostly the show relies on the chemistry between the two main characters/actors though. The story is quite fantasy like and supernatural and definitely something different than the usual rom-com stuff you get everywhere. And over its 40 episode run there is not a single minute that does not fit into the storyline and atmosphere of Guardian. You get drama, action, comedy, sweetness, pretty much all of it!

Acting: The casting for the drama was done perfectly and the chemistry between the main leads is over the top. 80% of the shows awesomeness comes from them. The rest of the cast was superb too and you really forget that these characters do not actually exist somewhere.

Music: memorable, recommendable and I'm totally into it. One awesome fantasy song and one touching ending song will especially stay in your mind.

Rewatch: definitely when I have time.

Overall: for everyone who watches Chinese shows, check this out. For everyone who hasn't tried any or many Chinese shows, this is a great show to start.

Vampire Prosecutor 2
Jan 26, 2013
First I have to say, I liked this season as much as the first one, so someone who saw season 1 can watch the second one without getting disappointed...

The story is really good, you get to know more about their past and it's a good mix between action scenes and talking scenes...
also because of some new characters it gets more interesting^^

Cast:
Some new characters, good ones and bad ones, but still the beloved team of main leads...
...I'm happy they didn't change too many characters and I'm also content with the new ones.
The acting is really good and seems quite believeable and comprehensible...

The music in VP 2 is quite amazing. Not because there were great songs...it's because I didn't really notice the music but I know the added some to underline the scenes...so I'm happy with the background music and for everyone who loves it when there are good songs... 'Danger' is really good and I loved the song!

Rewatch:
Although it's such a great drama, I admit that I probably won't watch it again...mainly because I know the storyline now and I don't really want to rewatch such dramas where I know what happens exactly...it still got an 8 from me since some episodes/ scenes really need to be rewatched^^

Overall, I can say, I understand why it's such a popular drama (it's in the upper ranks at MDL) and I really want to see more of the Vampire Prosecutor and also his team^^

For everyone who isn't sure if he/she should watch this...the second season is better than the first one and offers some exciting and amazing episodes!

King2Hearts
Jun 6, 2012
If you want to see a Kdrama which really deserves the name 'drama' then King 2 Hearts is definitely a good choice! King 2 Hearts is an amazing romance story, very different from rom-coms, with amazing chemistry, great music and an interesting story with drama, tragedy and joy.

Positive:
-Since I don't like dramas where every action lasts for some hours I'm very pleased with King2Hearts. Occurances and actions were held in a acceptable time and you could watch the drama without getting tired.
-The acting of the cast was absolutely great. Sometimes I did not like decisions which the characters made however the cast acted so well that I sometimes really forgot that they are just acting^^
-I really really liked the costumes and the props. Such things like the uniforms of the officers or of the royalty made the drama believeable and it also went well with the modern props
-The background music is absolutely amazing. The music supports to deliver the feelings of the persons even more and I had to cry and to laugh more than just a few times

Negative:
-For me it was quite difficult to distinguish between "an actor acting" and "an actors acts that his character acts" especially with Hang Ah (if you don't understand what I mean with this point please don't mind it)

Other:
- If you cry easily...get a pack of tissues ready because you are going to bawl your eyes out with all the crying
- The rewatch value is really high because I just re-watched it in 2015 and I really think this drama is still as good as the first time when you watch it again :D

- Overall: I think this drama is a MUSTWATCH!!!! Many may say that this is not true but I think it's not the same as many many others so its important to see something new^^
Also this is the perfect choice if you ever wanted to see an epic love story in a Kdrama because it's all about that, action scenes and drama.

(That's my first review so don't be too hard on me, please -_-)

It's Okay, That's Love
Oct 8, 2015
Let's start with: This drama is not a must-watch drama...I can understand when some people really don't like it...BUT I do have to say, this drama is definitely a masterpiece.

Story: The story summary may sound kinda simple or typical at first. But the thing is...the story is quite different from what it shows. The story starts typical but quickly changes to something deeper. It shows so many elements and feelings and I think this makes the drama more...hm...realistic? It gives you sadness and joy in things people may actually really experience in real life...of course still with a hint of TVdrama ;D
The drama also has the perfect pace...I can't think of any scene where the story was too slow or too fast.

Acting/Cast: I don't really have anything to say for this...the acting was perfect, by the end I had totally forgotten that these people were actors and actresses. Also I think the producers got the perfect cast for the show. All of them really gave life to their character.

Music: This is one of the dramas where you really notice the music and without any hesitation I can say, I looked up nearly every song from the soundtrack because I love it so much XD

I don't know if I will rewatch the whole drama but I will definitely rewatch some episodes, just because it's so great and I love it so much.

Overall, I repeat myself, this drama is a masterpiece. It has a touching storyline, a perfect cast with convincing acting, incredible music, a nice atmosphere and with 16 episodes the perfect length!

City Hunter
Oct 21, 2012
I have to admit that I only watched this drama because of Lee Minho and in the end I don't regret watching it at all.

Story?
+ The story is interesting and exciting. I forget to go to sleep because I was curious what would happen next in the drama. The characters are interesting and even though some of them didn't do only good things I liked them...
- During the whole drama I hoped that some persons didn't die, well, in the end I still ended up crying but if I think about it, I think the ending makes the drama PERFECT although I didn't really LOVE it...

Acting/ Cast?
+ I can't say anything on this matter. Lee Minho and Park Min Young showed great acting skills, as well as the remaining cast...I also liked the acting of Kim Sang Joong very much. The emotions seemed real and I forgot that this was just a drama and they were acting...

Music?
- I don't think the music was as good as everyone says. There were some songs whcih I didn't like or scenes where I thought that the music didn't match with the actions...
+ The second ending song which was also used in some scenes was really good. I liked it and it was perfect for all the cliffhangers at the end of the episodes.

Rewatch?
Even though I think this drama is really good and I could always rewatch some scenes, I think that all those long and complicated conversations would be annoying if you already know what will happen.

Overall?
A great drama with good music, an amazing story and wonderful actors...I think this drama is a MUST-WATCH, at least if you like Lee Minho or any of the other actors...

Long Time No See
Feb 11, 2018
This drama was very unexpectedly good. I went in thinking I'd see the usual Korean BL movie, well I did not...
Story: The premise is quite interesting and tbh I wish they made a real series out of it and not just 5 short episodes/one movie. Like this the story was slightly rushed but kept its overall charm. Definitely interesting and not the usual Korean BL you get, definitely not.

Acting: The acting was amazing, from all sides. The good guys, the villains...you forget they are actors and you get really immersed into their characters. Definitely big compliments to the cast for that. No shallow acting here.

Music: There was music? Well, I guess the usual background music to highlight stuff. But here let me take this chance to say this: The production of this is amazing, great picture, great colours, great quality and camera work.

Rewatch: definitely!

Overall, I do not regret the least that I bought it to watch it. Like this I can rewatch it again and again and again and enjoy this wonderful Korean movie, so untypical of the usual BL stuff we get from Korea. Check it out, it's definitely worth watching!

Water Boyy The Series
Sep 22, 2017
Most of the people who watched this show can be put into two categories: the ones who really liked it and the ones who were really disappointed. I understand the sentiment of both groups.

This show is a remake of the popular Waterboyy movie but don't expect to get the movie just in series form. The overall feeling is really different, you'll only recognize some things from the movie, although this show brings a lot of new and interesting elements.

Acting
Different from the movie the series has other couples and straight couples in it too. And while I was mostly interested in Waii and Apo's story I caught myself watching some of the other stories too. But all for a different reason. Min and Wan as example, many people thought they were bland and didn't match well...well, I thought Min's actor was so good that I just watched his story for his acting and less because I was interested in where it goes.
As for Waii and Apo. Let me say, Apo's actor, I think New or Neww is his short name? He is really amazing. I watched him in a supporting role in SOTUS but in this show he gets all the spotlight as a main lead and I'm amazed how good he is. He really managed to show emotions just through actions, looks and his body. Not always words needed. He also gave Apo character and made him more believable.

Story and Chemistry
One thing Thai (BL) series are better in than any other shows I watch worldwide, is chemistry. Thai shows excell at that and that's one of the reasons I love them so much. So...the storytelling in this show is...strange...yea, this is one of those shows where I can say: If you didn't like the first two episodes but like shows like this, then continue watching. The first two episodes are awkward and strange and the chemistry seems forced and staged.
And then comes ep 3 and 4 and so on and suddenly there is chemistry where there was none before. Don't ask me how it happens or what is going on but it is what it is. The chemistry between the couples takes some time to bloom but when it's there, it's there and it stays. So don't worry if you don't like the first few episodes.

Unexpected...
I decided to bring up some points here, that others were disappointed in. A lot of people say that Waii and Apo's relationship is like awkward 2 eps - teasing the audience 10 eps - full on romance 2 eps. It sometimes just seems rushed and strange how fast the sentiments of the charas in the show change. Well, I don't take it too seriously. Just when they fall into full on romance, I'm like "and that's the moment when the producers had enough of their own teasing". So the storytelling is definitely not perfect in this series.

Why to watch?
Because the chemistry between Apo and Waii grows really really strong.
Because Min's actor is amazing.
Because Apo is just the right mix of cute and cheeky especially around Waii. He knows how to be sweet and is totally in love but also knows when he has to stand strong and not give in.
Because it features a really nice scene every BL fan will love.
Because it needs to get really popular for me to get a second season to watch ^.^

I don't think this review helps anyone but if it does, my pleasure :D

The Bridal Mask
Oct 14, 2013
I watched Bridal Mask in three days and now I totally understand why everyone told me: Watch Bridal Mask!^^

Story
+ The story is really good and I loved the realtionships between the characters and the development of the story
+ Although I don't really like the ending, I admit it's one of the best endings I've ever seen (also there will be no problems with understanding what happened in the end^^)
- I sat in front of my computer for hours crying T__T (so if you cry easily prepare some tissues)

Acting/Cast
+ Amazing acting skills. I liked watching every single person in this drama, since everyone's acting was really good (didn't matter who it was)
- The chemistry between the main leads was good...not amazing, since sometimes it was actually quite off, but that's not the fault of the acting but of the script (sorry writers)

Music
The music is really touching and also really likable...why it is only 9 points? Because I actually only remember one song...(and I watched the drama a week ago)

Rewatch:
Definitely not until the end of this year! The Bridal Mask is like a rollercoaster for my feelings and I doubt it will change even if I know what will happen...

OVERALL
I always wondered if Bridal Mask was really that good to get #3 at MDL. Well, it is definitely good and I think it's definitely worth a try (to watch it)^^

Note: If you have problems between differentiating some actors/ actresses you should leave Bridal Mask for later :) (In the beginning I had problems because of this T__T)

Faith
Oct 17, 2012
At first I didn't like to watch 'Faith' because I didn't thought it was a very good drama BUT in the end, I think, it was one of the best decisions I ever made concerning dramas.

What I liked:
- The acting is amazing. The actors and actresses convince the audience with believeable and touching characters and I often forgot that they were acting.
- The costumes, the rooms, the surroundings, the whole appearance of the drama is unbelievable. Even though some of the uniforms seemed to be made of plastic than of leather, I liked the probs and I think it was made with much effort
- The music of the drama supports the storyline perfectly.
- The story is going very smoothly. If you don't like what happens in the first half of an episode than you only have to wait for the second and it changes. Still the story and the actions aren't too quickly.
- The main lead (Yoo Eun Soo/ Kim Hee Sun wasn't just a weak person. She proves that she is strong too.

What I didn't like:
- Some situations reappear in the drama. So something which happened already, happens a second time (If I say more it would be a spoiler)
- Sometimes they characters seemed to make the same mistakes again and again, so they didn't learn anything.
- THE OVERALL PROBLEM of the drama was repetition!!!

Normally I have problems with such dramas since they get boring halfway but this was one of the first dramas I watched without a break (even though I have to wait for the last four episodes^^)...so concerning historical dramas, I think, this is a MUST-WATCH!

Make It Right: The Series
Aug 12, 2016
Leave it to Thailand to make some of the best youth LGBT series. Seriously, I have not seen better shows about LGBT from somewhere else ever...

Make It Right's story is definitely not new for (Thai) LGBT shows, but I don't wanna go into what the story is about and how it develops. I just want to mention what I found interesting or new for the genre/series like these
- the dynamic between the characters. You could clearly recognize the more active partner in the relationships (e.g. the one who chases after the other) which I found was a nice change from the "who's more active" guessing.
- there is like no (!) focus on the background at all. Here and there you'll get some hints, like someone being rich or someone's parents making a short appearance but otherwise everything stayed in the background and was really just there to support the story development.
- There are three main couples. The first and main one is cute and nice and has a steady development. Their development just stops a little bit when the series decides to focus on the others for a few episodes. The second couple, which is actually my favourite, is between the class leader and a playboy. They had an interesting beginning and you couldn't be sure what would happen next or how they would react to some things. They were just...freaking adorable!!! Here the problem was, that compared to the 2nd couple the problems and misunderstanding between the main couple seemed quite baseless and childish which kind of made me love the 2nd one better that the main one. The third couple also has a nice dynamic and was cute and interesting. They had some funny scenes with each other.

Cast/Acting:
The acting in the beginning was awkward to say the least. Maybe because you don't know the characters yet maybe because it was the first episode, I don't know, but it gets better (and not just because you get used to it). Big compliments to the guy who played Frame...I think he was the best of them all.
What I also have to mention: The chemistry is good. They seemed to be comfortable with each other which is important for a good romance.

Even though they reused their title song quite often I wasn't annoyed by it. In general a good choice of songs, although just two songs stayed in my mind.

Rewatch:
Definitely. They are all just too adorable.

So, overall, I definitely recommend MIR to everyone who watched shows like Love Sick and also everyone else who wants to see a nice series about some couples falling in love and facing some problems while getting to know each other.
Seriously the biggest citic I can find on MIR: Too much and too obvious advertising...