• Location: A non-stop growing plan to watch list

Mistborn

A non-stop growing plan to watch list
Fall In Love Like A Star
Mar 6, 2018
A simple and cute story, if you are looking for a complex story this is not the right movie, but if you are tired of a huge drama and tragedy this is the right movie to see if you want a light story.
Just as the simple story, the acting is not anything mind blowing, but the actors really fit well is the romance and funny situations. Also Yang Mi and Li Yi Feng appeared together in Swords of Legends and it´s great to see them together again.
I also never get tired of the Li Yi Feng song Please contact me
Legend of Fu Yao
Aug 15, 2018
Legend of Fuyao is an amazing drama, full of emotions and fast paced, it consists in various story arcs that contribute to our characters to develop themselves. There are also plenty of great action scenes and sweet romantic moments that show the great chemistry between the leads. Costume and scenery design are beautiful and there is the right amount of CGI, these things, production team has right.
The story overall is one of my favorites among all the dramas I´ve seen, but there are two things with I couldn´t handle: (1) Fu Yao runs into the damsel in distress trop more than I would have liked, (2) along the story there are some plot holes that affect my perception of the logic of the story, but nothing that can prevent you from enjoying the drama.
As for the acting, I came especially for Yang Mi, she´s great portraying Fu Yao from an innocent and naughty girl to a responsible woman, concerned about others´ lives, I took such a ride along her. I also got very surprised and satisfied with Ethan, he´s such a perfect male lead. The other actors are good too but I couldn´t get that much the secondary couple.

Chronicle of Life
Aug 15, 2018
Chronicle of life This is my objective review (personally my rating is higher):
Brace yourselves this is a drama adaptation from a novel by Fei Wo Si Cun and has a historical setting, that means angst, a lot of angst and also frustration. Of course this is principally a romantic story, concerning to the main elements is not very apart from usual things like love triangle and secondary male syndrome, personally I found difficult to get used to the couple between the emperor and Ling Lang they had a little development because for like half of the drama she was on Rongruo side, but they didn´t make a wonderful couple either. I´m going to say that despite that there are a lot of charming and lovely moments and also a secondary couple that is even better than the main love triangle, and the drama is fast paced and keep interesting all the time.
There is a wonderful bromance between the emperor and Rongruo, Zhang Bin Bin and Hawick Lau have good acting here and their brotherhood relationship is great. They acted well, their characters are not that impressive but you get the feels from them and they’re very consistent. Also Zhang Bin Bin and Hawick Lau really look good even with that ugly Manchu hairstyle and their characters are really lovely.
The most interesting thing about the drama is the revenge plot against the emperor by Chang Qing (Asihai), but his actions reveal one of the most ridiculous things in the story: the lack of security concerning to the emperor, he is the most important person in the whole empire but his guards are not there when it´s is necessary, this not make any sense, at all.
The most negative point in the drama is the Mary Sue kind of female lead, we can´t blame a lot the actress for her character development, these kind of characters don´t get many chances to become great, but Zhen Shuang has a single “I´m the victim” expression almost all the time and it get annoying in some point the fact that she faints again and again and again.
Concerning to other things there are beautiful sceneries, colors and costumes. Music is not that memorable but suits well to the story and there are a couple pretty songs in the OST.

Chinese Paladin 3
Aug 15, 2018
This drama is clearly adapted from a videogame and it works amazingly with the plot development because there is a continuous adventure and it´s very fast paced and interesting.
Overall the story firstly focus on the searching of the mystical pearls and then the most important problem is that demon, since the beginning the drama is completing tasks and defeating enemies. There is a lot of comedy, I really appreciate this mood especially after so many tragic dramas. The good thing about Chinese Paladin 3 is that there is a serious and well developed plot combined with a carefree and fresh mood, very enjoyable.
Additionally there is a variety of very charming and funny characters, what is more interesting about this drama is the fact that the characters are kind of far from the traditional ones; the first couple: Jing Tian and Xue Jian are the perfect example, their personalities are lively but very far from the usual perfect ones, they even keep fighting and yelling through the whole drama, perfect for a comic mood, but they also have high morals and are loyal and those virtues are gradually developed. There is also the best couple: Chang Qing and Zi Xuan, they have a complex relationship (see and fall in love with them) and I would love to see more of them.
Overall this is a very entertaining drama which I really enjoyed, a must watch.

Super Star Academy
Apr 6, 2018
This is just a good web drama to pass the time and laugh, that´s all.
You should watch Superstar Academy if you want a short and simple drama with a lot of comedy (but no smart comedy) and silly moments. I mean this drama is full of silly moments, so I couldn´t take seriously the parts that were supposed to be "dramatic".
You shouldn´t watch Superstar Academy if you want a high quality drama and a well-developed story. The story idea is actually good and interesting: superpowers are great, but the script doesn´t do anything to drive the story in a good way, instead the storyline is predictable and weak. The acting is also weak but it combines perfectly with the funny scenes. And the end was so disappointing considering that it was not a complicated story, I think it was because they wanted to do a second season, who knows ¯\_(?)_/¯

Hero
Apr 2, 2018
Can I rate this movie 11?
As expected for a Zhang Yimuo´s movie, Hero is such a great movie concerning to story development and artistic direction.
The story structure in different storylines is very interesting.
For me the most beautiful things about Hero are precisely the aesthetics the music accompanies so well the action and the feelings, the color palette has also a great connection to the tone of each scene, and of course the fight scenes are beautifully choreographed.
The story involving Qin Shi Huang is surely as problematic and open to debate because it portrays perfectly that any person is totally good not totally bad, and the sake of “All under heaven” has greater importance than any other thing and I think this the most valuable lesson about Hero.

Eternal Love
Mar 24, 2018
This drama is totally a must watch.
This is my second time watching Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, and it´s the only drama I´ve rewatched. This time I could appreciate the story a lot more. Even if at the very beginning the plot can be a bit confusing and the real interesting thing starts with Ye Hua, the characters can make all seem worth of your whole attention, there no time to get bored abut this drama.
I think the only thing that was missing for me was getting more of Qing Cang, he had a really high value as a villain.
As for the acting, Mark Chao totally get me into his character, I could feel empathy about his feelings, when I saw him crying I also wanted to cry, and his beautiful smile was just stunning. Yang Mi as Bai Qian and Susu is also great, you can feel her weakness, her suffering, her hapiness, her evolution. The other actors are also great, specially Xuan Nu and Su Jin because they can really make you hate them.
The music is lovely and still my fav music score for a drama, the OST songs are aso great, especially the ending song.
The scenography and costumes are simply amazing, all seems so real and lovely and visually stunning.
I will defitely re-watch this drama in the future, for me is the kind of story that makes you want to see again and again, too difficult to overcome.

Our Times
Mar 6, 2018
This is such a beautiful and cute movie, I have watched this like 6 times and never get bored about this story even it´s basically some cliches that were all put together.
It´s at the same time lovely, funny, and tear jearking. And I totally love this kind of movies that make me feel so many things. The main actors really suit each other and their relationships is constructed in a natural way so you can get excited about their growing relationship.
Concerning to the music I discovered this movie because of Hebe Tian´s song and it´s a great song
Totally a must watch
The only thing that bothered me was the change of the actors at the end, is weird

Eternal Love
Oct 8, 2018
Seré sincera, Ten Miles es el único drama que he visto más de una vez, enserio el altamente recomendado. Tal vez para ciertas personas la cantidad de episodios puede parecer mucha pero este drama vale cada segundo de esos 58 episodios y enserio dejó a mucha gente con ganas de más.
Advertencia si lo vez por primera vez, a algunas personas le puede resultar confuso al principio (a mí me pasó) pero no desistan, lo bueno llega con la aparición de Ye Hua pero en general todos los personajes son interesantes, no hay tiempo para aburrirse con Ten Miles. Creo que lo único que me quedó faltando fue tener más de Qing Cang, tenía un potencial tremendo como villano y de cierta manera no lo aprovecharon.

Actuación: Mark Chao y Yang Mi se llevan todos mis aplausos como protagonistas, en especial Mark su actuación como Ye Hua es increíble quedé atrapada con su personaje, puede sentir una gran empatía por sus sentimientos, cuando lo veía llorar quería llorar y su sonrisa <3, no es un personaje perfecto pero 90% sale super enamorada de él. Yang Mi es excelente, puede interpretar bien personajes tan diferentes como Bai Qian y Su Su y es convincente todo el tiempo (ep 53 la amé), puedes sentir su debilidad, su sufrimiento, su felicidad y su evolución como personaje. Los otros actores también son buenos, en especial Zhu Xudan como Xuan Nu y Huang Mengying como Su Jin, esas chicas se hacen odiar.

Lo que más amé: La música, sigue siendo en mi opinión el mejor OST, y Liang liang mi canción favorita.
La escenografía y el diseño de vestuario son increíbles, todo se ve de alta calidad y hermoso (Si porque no solo los actores son hermosos)

Definitivamente lo volveré a ver para disfrutarlo otra vez, es la clase de historia que te dan ganas de ver una y otra vez y es difícil de superar. Además el otro año se estrena la secuela!!!!!

Nirvana in Fire
Aug 15, 2018
This drama is amazing (very near to be perfect), there´s been a long time since I´ve see a story I love this much, and I’m talking about dramas, movies and books.
Since the beginning the plot is fast paced and keeps interesting all the time, building tension continuously I felt restless to know about what was happening. The plot never falls.
When there are so many intrigues and plotting characters its all about who can win over the enemies, and of course a great point about this drama is the fact that there are plenty intelligent characters and there is no weak point in the argument, everything is perfectly logical during the 54 episodes. You will enjoy this more if you like political dramas and palace conspiracies.
Of course this show is not all about fighting for power, beyond that there is one of the most emotional stories I have seen. This show is about revenge and the seek of justice, those two are important elements which set a clear goal to look for. But the drama is also about friendship, loyalty and morality, these things are important for the individual character development, but also for the relationships between them. But not everything is this highly mood, there are relieving moments and characters too, I got captivated with Fei Niao, he´s so cute.
Of course the characters are the core and all actors are exceptional. As I have said before, this drama is emotionally deep and every character portrays perfectly the situations around them.
The songs in Nirvana in Fire are a perfect addition to the general mood of the story, check out the lyrics they´re so perfect and emotional.

The Disguiser
Jun 3, 2018
This drama is amazing, has a complex and exiting plot, is well acted, the characters have emotional complexity and evolution, and the story is fast paced and full of plot twists. And if you already watched Nirvana in Fire and loved the cast, The Disguiser has a great part of the same cast.

This are some positive points:
- This is a spy story placed in the second sino-japanese war, there are different bands and all of them have their own intelligence. This is basically a game of power and no one has a clear identity, so there are discoveries every time.
- For me the best thing were the characters, there is a great variety among them and all of the principal ones are complex and have both, pros and cons. There are lovely characters like Ming Tai, Ming Jing or Yu Man Li, and there´s also this ruthless and crazy Wang Man Chun.
- Different tones, the comedy moments were on point, the dramatic ones too, and there are lots of exciting ones. Apart of the variance in the story everything is well used at the good time and nothing is exaggerated.
- I loved the dynamic inside the Ming family, just see them for me they are the second best thing.

But there´s nothing perfect in this world and the biggest “bad thing” here is caused by ideology, this is a Chinese drama so obviously in this kind of set there will be a negative characterization about Japanese it´s completely understandable, but one thing is portray them as evil people and other is portray them as incompetent idiots. And I have seen some comments concerning to this and yeah if Japanese really were that dumb they would never had opportunity to dominate the territories they occupied in the past, but if this history needed dumb Japanese we cannot do anything about it but to enjoy the drama.

Why the rewatch value is low comparatively with the other aspects? Well this drama is like a mystery book, once you discover the secrets the charm is lost. This is the kind of story you can enjoy with a bigger understanding about everything, yes, but I think is better to wait some time before consider watching again.

The Last Emperor
May 11, 2018
Totally deserved those 9 Oscars and a must watch. Don´t worry about the length, is a so well paced movie and the argument is quickly developed.
The Last Emperor follows the life of Puyi through a long part of China´s 20th century, so it´s an amazing journey across the great changes of that period of time, we can see that in social general portray, but most important, we can see all those changes in a single person. Puyi is an amazing character because at the very beginning when he is locked in the Forbidden City is really pitiful because of his lack of freedom and because he represents the fall of a great period, the fall of a long time of dynastic power. But as he grows up he changes into this person you just can judge as a normal person with imperfections.
Music is also great as it marks differences between the traditional China inside the Forbidden City, and a country outside that place which had to endure a lot of drastic and sudden changes, so we listen to both: traditional Chinese music and western music.

Ran
May 11, 2018
This movie is obviously great for two reasons: is a Shakespeare´s King Lear adaptation, and is directed by Akira Kurosawa. This movie portray perfectly how power struggles can change people and destroy families, so yes is a tragic story about power and human´s desires.
The acting is excellent, and Tatsuya Nadakai as Hidetora Ichimonji is far the best actor here, totally stunning, you can see his transformation, his fall, his descent into madness. I also loved Lady Kaede, a scheming woman is really refreshing after seeing so many Mary Sues in the dramas I tend to watch.
Ran has also beautiful sceneries, costumes and music, you can see the perfection and detail of production.

Mulan
May 11, 2018
This is a more accurate version according of what´s Mulan legend about: war, and I loved it. This movie shows perfectly what´s a real war about, shows the tragedy but also the human fight to find light and hope even in this kind of situations.
I also loved how Zhao Wei portrayed Mulan, totally reliable personality of a normal person who has to fight and kill, those moments of hesitation, sadness and trauma made her look as a real person, not a plastic and artificial character. The other actor did also an amazing job here. And I ship so much Zhao Wei and Chen Kun <3 (they were also in Painted Skin 1 and 2)
And yeah… sad ending again, sorry not Disney version, but if you think well about it a sad and departure end it´s perfectly logical. Duty, honor and the sake of the nation are the most important things

Shaolin
May 11, 2018
It´s great to have a main character with a defective personality that initially tend to be bad, because through the film we can see how he loses power, loved ones, but still manages to become a better person at the end. For me the best part about the argument and Hou Jie is that the film shows the awareness of guilt and also redemption.
It´s a beautiful movie and has this kind of logically sad endings, so is perfectly understandable why things ended like that, no frustrations.
Other strong points are: Great fight scenes, well-paced development, the beautiful final song, Andy Lau, and of course Jacky Chan