I can't take dramas like this seriously. AI wrote it for me, that's why such dramas are the biggest BS among dramas: The "gender-bender" trope (where a character disguises themselves as the opposite sex) certainly requires a significant suspension of disbelief from the viewer. From a biological and anatomical standpoint, maintaining such a ruse in the real world—especially at close range—would be incredibly difficult: neck structure, hand size, and facial proportions. Here are the main reasons why these series might seem implausible from a medical and anatomical perspective. Why is it anatomically unrealistic? Absence of an Adam's apple on the "boy": When a petite actress plays a girl posing as a man, her perfectly smooth, slender neck would immediately arouse suspicion in real life. Conversely, concealing a prominent larynx on a man posing as a woman would require constantly wearing turtlenecks or scarves, or using heavy corrective makeup—measures that are impossible in everyday situations (e.g., at a swimming pool or in hot weather). Sexual dimorphism proportions: The neck is just the tip of the iceberg. Differences in shoulder width, hand size, pelvic structure (which dictates a different gait), and jawline are visible at a glance. Voice and laryngeal resonance: The neck houses the vocal cords. Even if a woman lowers her voice, her larynx has a different resonant structure than a man's, meaning the timbre rarely sounds 100% natural as a male voice.
The atmosphere of this drama didn't really resonate with me; the theatricality was annoying, and there was too little sensuality given the subject matter. Nevertheless, I stuck with it to the end without skipping a single scene, which is why I’m giving it a rating of 8.
Decent show, I enjoyed it. There were some boring scenes, I won't deny that, and I was on my phone a lot. The…
So-ok was pregnant by young In-ho—a man who was in love with her, or rather, lusted after her. There was a scene where his mother and Lady Cho caught them in the act of making love. Lady Cho’s husband was not the father of the child, though he believed he was. Lady Cho had long realized that he was infertile, which is why she had sought out a concubine for him whom she could control.
There is no such thing as racism; there is only the brainwashing of people into living with a sense of guilt, because someone wants to gain something at the expense of others.
Paris is such an overrated city, with all their fashion business there. She would have been better off staying in Korea. It would also have been safer for her to stay in Korea. Contemporary Korean drama creators unnecessarily idealize Western Europe; it's actually a decaying civilization being devoured by Africa.
Someone said nana's character is the combination of madame tourvel and cecile's character ..that might be true
It's probably true. In this version, the widow never consummated her marriage; she's a virgin. In the novel, she wasn't. She was a virtuous widow in the sense that after her husband's death, she didn't engage in affairs. Which was unusual, because the aristocracy was generally immoral. In the novel, Cecil was a young, unmarried virgin, seduced for a wager.
I suggest you find psychiatric help. This is a romance drama, not a government PSA from the South Korean Ministry…
Thanks for the advice, though it's unnecessary, because healthy people are like me. I reported your behavior for violating the portal's rules, but whether the portal takes that into account depends on who manages it.
I rated the drama an 8. It wasn't very bad, but I didn't like the message. Typical globalist gibberish. They're 36 when the drama ends. How long can one grow up? Generally speaking, they both work in socially useless jobs. They would contribute more to society if they became parents of at least four children. But it's really no surprise that Korea is dying out when such scenarios are being created. If the characters' mentality reflects reality, then Korea truly won't exist in 100 years. In this drama, only one couple in their 30s had a child, in the background of the plot. Furthermore, the father in this family was constantly portrayed as a joke, useless; even the child didn't take him seriously until their final scene. An anti-natal and anti-male message.
No hate, but as someone who has read the manhwa, I just feel like jong suk doesn't really suit iseop (loved him…
I'm more interested in the second drama from this universe. It looks a bit darker. You wrote that you've read the original, so could you please answer my question? The artificial intelligence (AI) says that neither the main characters in one nor the other manhwa from this universe have ever been in any relationships? Is that true? Are these characters in the manhwa in their 30s?
Perhaps years from now, it will become clear who pulled the political strings to sink this case. Korea is a country corrupt to the extreme. Business, media, and politics are closely linked, as the same shareholders are largely behind it.
I haven't seen any trailers, only characters photos. I was interested in the drama because it's a comedy, but I was also intrigued by the tag "melodrama" and the fact that the vice president is married, but he might have a mistress or at least fall in love with someone else, as he's married for business reasons. I'm curious how this will be portrayed. The lead actress is always good in her dramas, but there's something about her beauty, her aura, that makes her not my type. I prefer sensual or delicate actresses. I don't sense that in her. I've seen the lead actor in something, but I don't remember exactly what drama it was. Here, I immediately liked his acting. I liked the first episode, it was funny.
Episode 1 was rather calm, with a less than overdone sense of humor. There are plenty of normal scenes without any forced attempts at humor. This isn't your typical comedy series; it's more of a story about a family and a small-town community, with comedic scenes.
I hope Yoo Babi and his wife from the comics will return in cameo appearances. The one who caused Yumi to break up with him. I'd like to see at least one scene of this couple being married with a child, just like in the comics. I know a lot of people have cursed Yoo Babi, but this storyline seemed so painfully close to life for many people.
Watched the first 2 episodes and I loved some of it but expected it to be more...grown up? Like, it’s got “edgy”…
She's probably not a virgin. At one point, it was said that she was dating four years ago, so she probably slept with that guy then. And it will probably turn out that it wasn't just him. Koreans simply portray female characters in dramas so strangely, either portraying them as chaste virgins behaving like inexperienced teenagers (though sometimes they are not virgins) or "liberated man-eaters." There's almost nothing in between.
The "gender-bender" trope (where a character disguises themselves as the opposite sex) certainly requires a significant suspension of disbelief from the viewer. From a biological and anatomical standpoint, maintaining such a ruse in the real world—especially at close range—would be incredibly difficult: neck structure, hand size, and facial proportions. Here are the main reasons why these series might seem implausible from a medical and anatomical perspective. Why is it anatomically unrealistic? Absence of an Adam's apple on the "boy": When a petite actress plays a girl posing as a man, her perfectly smooth, slender neck would immediately arouse suspicion in real life. Conversely, concealing a prominent larynx on a man posing as a woman would require constantly wearing turtlenecks or scarves, or using heavy corrective makeup—measures that are impossible in everyday situations (e.g., at a swimming pool or in hot weather). Sexual dimorphism proportions: The neck is just the tip of the iceberg. Differences in shoulder width, hand size, pelvic structure (which dictates a different gait), and jawline are visible at a glance. Voice and laryngeal resonance: The neck houses the vocal cords. Even if a woman lowers her voice, her larynx has a different resonant structure than a man's, meaning the timbre rarely sounds 100% natural as a male voice.
Merry Berry Love
Take Charge of My Heart