Details

  • Last Online: 36 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Hong Kong
  • Contribution Points: 621 LV5
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: June 5, 2019
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award77 Flower Award335 Coin Gift Award10 Golden Tomato Award1 Reply Goblin Award5 Dumpster Fire Award1 Lore Scrolls Award13 Spoiler-Free Captain Award1 Cleansing Tomato Award2 Drama Bestie Award3 Emotional Support Commenter1 Comment of Comfort Award2 Hidden Gem Recommender1 Conspiracy Theorist1 Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss6 Clap Clap Clap Award12 Drama Therapist Award2 Award Hoarder Enabler1 Wholesome Troll2 Emotional Support Viewer1 Sassy Tomato2 Free Range Tomato1 Tomato of Chaos1 Thread Historian3 Boba Brainstormer2 Notification Ninja1 Lore Librarian2 Mic Drop Darling2 Emotional Bandage1 Reply Hugger2 Soulmate Screamer1 Big Brain Award9
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
I think there is some writing sloppiness emerging towards the end - they seem to have run out of dialogue and…
There is potential for sure - it'd be interesting to see the reveal of how the the salt corruption worked and how the Yus are implicated.
6 0
Replying to BaekhyunoonaID • Aug 24, 2026
Douban rating opens with 7.1 šŸ˜±šŸ”„šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ„³šŸ’•Congrats to Ding Yuxi, Ancy Deng, Director, Screenwriter…
Its a good score but not surprised. That's where I thought it would come out.
4 2
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
I think there is some writing sloppiness emerging towards the end - they seem to have run out of dialogue and…
Yes he has left himself open. Its quite predictable how this will play out. That is why I have said the writing in this latest arcs is not as good as it was earlier on.
3 2
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
I just think it means ZL is getting closer to getting the Yus bc they are attacking his household to stop him.
I think she just means ZL did not proceed with his usual caution. And that has now left him open to being arrested for murder.
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
I think there is some writing sloppiness emerging towards the end - they seem to have run out of dialogue and…
That's insightful - now she has everything to lose so she is getting cold feet. I understand mom was a big loss so I am giving her some (but not too much) time to pull herself together.

As for her dad, I think ZL is cautious bc he is starting to understand that the Fus may be in cahoots with the Yus going back a long time - that could mean that taking down the Yus will implicate the Fus as well. Her bro could be collateral damage. Not to mention the unknown uncle number 1 who should still be the Magistrate of Huaiying. In her current fragile state of mind, this could be too much for her.
7 4
Replying to RilakkumasBubbleTea • Aug 24, 2026
I finally watched ep 29 and I don't get why people were saying the FL is soft and weak, and she just wants to…
I think there is some writing sloppiness emerging towards the end - they seem to have run out of dialogue and character development for the FL. I understand where she is coming from and she had a change of heart from her early ambitions for them. But this happened long ago and has been said repeatedly since their reunion after the war so she just seems to be stuck singing the same tune when we are going into the end game. This is when she needs to be on her A game. Her dialogue also struck me as out of sync with the plot bc ZL already lost 100 days mourning, which was a ploy of the Yus to stall him so that they could cover their tracks. He needs to speed up to make up for lost time before they can make all the evidence disappear. So when she keeps saying slow down she seems out of touch even with the latest state of play.
8 10
Replying to Ximena • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
What happen to Ting Yun's father is well-written. This man has lost his biggest support in his political career:…
To be honest, I think his arc is the weakest arc so far. I don't think his mother was his strongest backer, she is a woman and has no place in politics. They just skipped over what happened to his elder brother the Magistrate of Huaiying who should be his biggest political supporter. I think the Fus were always allied with the Yus and colluded with them in their salt corruption schemes. So I don't have a problem with him helping them but there should have been some concrete quid pro quo and not for an empty promise. I wish they had written him to be smarter and have agency of his own rather than to just be such an easily led tool of the Yu couple. I found it very disappointing writing overall.
2 2
Replying to Angieee • Aug 24, 2026
I hope the FL gets more "umph" as the show draws near its end. It was strong in the beggining, but I feel…
I think its very difficult to realistically give her a front seat at court politics - as a woman she can only work behind the scenes. I think she has done well at that but I wish they didn't resort to focus on family oriented melodrama to shore up her screen time. Those arcs aren't well written, her father is a cartoon character and they have made her seem more weepy or dependent on the ML. Though considering her loss, I think that is kind of understandable.
4 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Idk why she is still even in the story!
She can't win against anyone, not even a lowly concubine.
Harsh but true. šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
3 0
Replying to Thuc Duyen • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
What worries me is by killing the fifth master Fu, he may walk in the Yu’s trap yet again as they know that…
I think ZL just wanted to do it before his wife could.
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
I think the FL definitely knows he killed her father bc her father killed her mother. What she meant about taking…
Yeah he at least should have him them appoint him first. I mean killing your wife is a big deal you can’t do it on an empty promise.
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Its a great idea the only thing is I don't think ZL will ever agree to pimping his wife out! Besides YJX is a…
The FLs father murdered her mother. I thought that whole arc is weak and poorly written. And somehow entrapping a weak and not smart character like YJX to trap his parents is a cliche and anticlimactic way to get to the Yus.
0 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Its a great idea the only thing is I don't think ZL will ever agree to pimping his wife out! Besides YJX is a…
Trying to kill someone is not the same as killing someone. I understand what you are saying I just don’t think that in order to fight monsters they should turn into monsters. We can just agree to disagree about the means to the end without me necessary missing the point.
0 2
Replying to Thuc Duyen • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
What worries me is by killing the fifth master Fu, he may walk in the Yu’s trap yet again as they know that…
Yes and no one deserves more to be fed to the dogs than daddy dearest but no daughter should have to do that to her dad no matter how big a scum bag he is.
0 2
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Its a great idea the only thing is I don't think ZL will ever agree to pimping his wife out! Besides YJX is a…
Yes that is a villain move. I guess that works if the Zhao want to become villains and murder someone innocent to win.
0 4
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
I think the FL definitely knows he killed her father bc her father killed her mother. What she meant about taking…
The thing is the FIL got nothing in return from the Yus for doing this. Just like he got nothing for sacrificing his mother’s old maid. It’s just dumb he didn’t even try to extract a court post out of it.
1 2
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
I just think it means ZL is getting closer to getting the Yus bc they are attacking his household to stop him.
I agree with that the FIL was too dumb and his motive wasn’t convincing. It isn’t high level power play.
3 0
Replying to Salwa Nice • Aug 24, 2026
When Zhao Ling got the letter from Shen Gongci & went to audit Anzhou shipments, i thought okay finally the…
I just think it means ZL is getting closer to getting the Yus bc they are attacking his household to stop him.
6 4
Replying to Thuc Duyen • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
What worries me is by killing the fifth master Fu, he may walk in the Yu’s trap yet again as they know that…
I think he killed his FIL bc he was afraid TY would do it once she accepted her father killed her mother. He didn’t want her to be guilty of patricide so he did it for her. He also wanted to make sure the old man didn’t try to go after her brother’s family or TY herself next. And yes he has made himself vulnerable so it could come back to bite him. But he set the place on fire so it will be hard to find evidence. As we saw from the collapsed roof, ZL is quite competent at murder.
2 4