• Gender: Male

Skye-N-Rain

United States
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang
Apr 30, 2011
When i started watching this drama I was looking forward to a generic romance comedy drama and this is exactly what this is. It's not bad, it's not BRILLIANT, but it's decent. The story is relatively ordinary, though it did get me to laugh and feel sad in some occasions(otherwise i wouldn't watch), but it wasn't an amazing drama. That being said, I did like the Cast and their acting. The music was okay. As for rewatch value, like I always say, i'm not much of a rewatcher, especially for an ordinary drama like this. Overall, this drama gets a 7 from me. It's a drama that is perfect for extremely boring Saturday evenings.

I Hear Your Voice
Sep 18, 2013
Wow, what a drama. Started strong, finished strong. The middle was also semi-strong but a few episodes fell beneath the "strong" category for me. They were just "good", and not breathtaking, which is why I gave it a nine.

Storywise, this was a great drama. Lots of twists and turns. It also broke a lot of stereotypes.

The actors and actresses did a terrific job on this drama.

The music was pretty good. I probably won't listen to it too much now that i've finished the drama, but the songs fit each scene perfectly.

As for rewatch value, i don't rewatch dramas generally, but this is one I could see myself rewatching in a couple of years.

Overall, this drama was a solid drama that had me on the edge of my seat, and severely lacking sleep these past few days. I can fully say I understand why this drama is currently ranked #1 on MDL.

Campus Confidential
Jun 30, 2014
Well that was interesting...

I went into this movie expecting your typical generic romcom film....and for the most part that is what it was. But it also had some unexpected elements that made me give it a higher score than i normally would have.

Story 8/10: The main reason why I gave it such a high score was because of the unexpected elements in the film.

Acting 10/10: No major issues with the acting.

Music: 6/10: The music fit the scene but none of it was remarkable.

Rewatchability 4/10: I generally do not rewatch movies or dramas unless they're extremely great. This one was for the most part simply average.

Overall 7.5/10: This is a good movie for a boring Sunday where you have nothing better to do and you've already seen the other top films or dramas of the genre.

The Greatest Love
Jan 4, 2012
Where do I begin?
I started watching this drama because it was the holiday season and I desired a good romance comedy, and I followed a friends recommendation and started watching this. I can't say that I instantly fell in love with this drama, but I did like this drama from the beginning.

Overall, I enjoyed the story immensely. So why did I give it a 9 instead of a 10? It's because you know who ends up with who. It's not going to shock you in anyway if you've watched any korean romance comedies. Other than that though.

Cast/Acting:
Perfection. It couldn't have been better. The only thing that was somewhat "different" was Dok Go Jin's voice. His voice is "different". In the end it becomes the most soothing voice though.

The music did its job very well.

Rewatch Value:
I'm not much of a rewatcher, but I probably will not rewatch this like most other dramas and movies.

Overall:
Overall, I enjoyed this drama so so so much. It's a great drama that'll have you laughing and crying in no time. It's one of the best Romance Comedies out there. Oh and the ending was just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
So go and watch it! You'll enjoy it!

As One
Aug 13, 2012
So where do I begin? I play Ping Pong myself so after I saw that there was another movie about ping pong coming out, I knew I had to watch it.

Story: 9/10: The story isn't really that unique, but what bumped it up for me was that it was based off of a true story and most of the events in the movie actually happened. During the entire movie, there was not one moment where I was bored, thus the high rating.

Acting/Cast: 10/10: The cast was absolutely perfect. They all did a great job.

Music: 8/10: There wasn't that much music in the movie, but sometimes(and in this case) the phrase 'less is more' comes into play.

Rewatch Value: 5/10: I don't rewatch movies or dramas. However, I can see myself rewatching this with a friend or family member.

Overall: 10/10: I wouldn't change one thing about this movie. It was perfect and I hope to see more films like this.

The Man From Nowhere
Jun 14, 2012
The main reason why I started watching this was because everyone on MDL is always recommending it, as well as it being one of the top movies ranked on MDL. I was going on a trip so I stockpiled a few of the top movies and throughout my trip I watched them. I watched The Man From Nowhere or Ahjussi on the plane yesterday and this is what I thought of it...

Story 9/10 : The general story is actually not that original. I've seen many American movies like it (for example Denzel Washingtons' Man On Fire). However, that doesn't lower the entertainment value of this film. This films story has you on the edge of your seat for the ENTIRE film. The scriptwriter(s) deserve much praise.

Acting 10/10 : They were all perfect. Everyone was perfect. I would not have changed any ANYBODY.

Music 7/10: The music was good, but it wasn't anything that I will remember. It served its purpose perfectly, and enhanced the effects of the movie. It's not an OST I will look up and listen to again later.

Rewatch Value 6/10 : This is probably the highest rewatch value i've given to any movie. I'm not someone who rewatches movies or dramas. This movie is action packed, so it should allow for a good rewatch. However, the amount of entertainment you get from this movie does hinge on its twist and turns so that might detract from its rewatch value.

Overall 10/10 : This is a great movie that I'd recommend to people OVER 18. It does have graphic violence and slight nudity. Overall, this is one of the best Asian movies that i've ever seen.

Sunny
Jun 1, 2012
So I decided to watch this movie after seeing it being #1 on here. I finally got time to watch it and this is what thoughts on it.

Story 10/10 : WOW! JUST WOW. The story is very unique(at least for me). It intertwines both the past and the modern time in a very, very interesting and easily understandable way.

Cast/Acting 10/10: The cast was lovable and the actors made that happen extremely well .

Music 8/10: The music was great and served its purpose quite well. However, it wasn't 10/10 material for me. Just my personal opinion, don't know why or how, but thats just how I feel.

Rewatch Value 5/10: I'm not a rewatcher so I most likely wont watch this movie again.

Overall 10/10: This movie stunned me. I don't know how to describe it, but it was amazing. It's not action packed, but more about friendship and the effect of years on people. I especially enjoyed their transformations.

Beginning of the Great Revival
May 5, 2012
First off, I decided to watch this movie because i've been studying Chinese history, as well as reading a biography of Mao Zedong which really pigued my interest. Seeing how this movie, had Mao Zedong in it, I decided to watch it. And this is what I thought...

Story 7/10: This entire movie is basically lifted off of the history books so it doesn't really have a "beginning or an end" since history never does. It starts off from the end of the Qing Dynasty and ends after the initial establishment of the Chinese Communist Party. The reason why I gave this a 7 and not a 10, was because while it was somewhat interesting in some parts it was slow.

Acting/Cast 10/10: They were all flawless. I enjoyed all the actors. I only found one thing funny and that was Mao's personality as well as him being portrayed as a innocent guy who wants only the best for his country. I'm not sure if that was really how his personality was or if it was just how they were portraying him.

Music 7/10: The music was fine and suited the movie just well. None of the songs were memorable though.

Rewatch Value 4/10: I'm not a rewatcher, and this movie isn't a movie I would rewatch.

Overall 8/10: This was a good movie that fans of Chinese history would most likely enjoy. Keep in mind, this was made for China, where the Chinese Communist Party is still in power, so nothing negative about the CCP was shown. Regardless though, I enjoyed watching it.

The Returner
Apr 10, 2011
This movie, for some reason, reminded me of E.T mixed with time travel, except with a much MUCH darker story. The story wasn't the best, but at the same time it did keep me interested. The cast did well. The music was alright, and served its purpose. As for rewatch value, it's probably not one of the types of movies i would rewatch, unless it's been a good 2-3 years since i last watched it and thus forgot everything that happened. Overall though, this is a solid movie which is even better if you're a fan of Takeshi Kaneshiro. It's perfect for a lazy Saturday.
Successful Story of a Bright Girl
May 6, 2011
I was actually very very surprised at this drama. I first found this drama when I was searching for drama music videos on youtube, and when I saw the music video I knew I had to watch this. The storyline isn't the most unique, but it isn't half bad. The acting was perfect. The music was excellent in my opinion, and overall it's a drama I recommend everyone to watch.
House of Flying Daggers
Apr 27, 2011
I just finished watching this amazing movie right now.
Up until the end I would\'\'ve given this movie a 10 in story, but the ending just ruined it for me. It wasn\'\'t a bad ending, it just wasn\'\'t my type of ending. Some people will probably love this movie and give it all 10\'\'s but for me the ending just wasn\'\'t how I would\'\'ve ended it so i\'\'m giving the story a 9, the acting was a 10 since all of them were amazing actors, the music an 8 because while it wasn\'\'t the best music it did fit the story just fine. As for rewatch value, while I personally don\'\'t like to rewatch movies or dramas until 1-2 years afterwards, I would rewatch this one so i\'\'ll give it a 7. Overall, i\'\'m giving this movie a 9 because if you\'\'re a fan of any of the cast(lucky me for being a fan of all three of the main actors!), or a fan of the Wuxia genre, or a fan of Chinese choreography, you\'\'ll absolutely love this gem of a film.

King2Hearts
Jul 24, 2013
This drama has hands down one of my favorite Kdramas. I haven't seen all that many, but this one is really up there.

The story is very unique, and has twists that keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire 20 episodes. It also has a political aspect to the drama that I haven't seen in any other Kdrama. The political angle is also something that I hadn't seen before, but thoroughly enjoyed. The only part of this drama that I did not like what the actual military strategies used in one episode (just because I felt like they weren't as effective as they could have been.)

The Cast was perfect. 10/10 no questions asked.

The music was also top notch, but not something I will probably listen to in the future. For that reason I gave it an 8/10.

I'm not much of a rewatcher, but this drama is good enough to rewatch it in a year or two.

Overall, I give this a 10.

Godhand Teru
Apr 13, 2011
This is a very odd drama...but odd in a good way! It kind of felt like a mixture between Power Rangers...and Iryu :P

I absolutely loved it though. The story was kind of cheesy, but overall i did love it. The cast and the acting was flawless. The music was alright and served its purpose just fine. As for rewatch value, i'm not much of a rewatcher, but i'd give it a 6. Overall, I think this drama is one people who love comedy mixed with drama in the setting of a hospital.
A Barefoot Dream
Apr 21, 2011
How do i go about describing this movie. Well the first reason why i started watching it was because it was about soccer and unfortunately there aren't many soccer movies or dramas out there. What i got in return was a package deal. This movie has both drama and soccer in it. Now the story isn't the best but it did make me laugh, and it did make me cry. The cast was pretty good(and hey, it has a bunch of East Timorian kids in it!). The music wasn't anything special, but it served it's purpose. As for rewatch value, not much in my opinion. Overall though, this is a decent soccer and drama flick that'll make you laugh and cry at points of the movie.

Nanase Futatabi
Apr 13, 2011
This is a remake of an older Nanase Futatabi, and it has a very interesting storyline. I was so excited about it, and really told all my friends to watch it...until I watched the final episode. The final episode has a sudden twist which you'll either love or hate. In my case, hate. The cast did a great job acting and the music did well too. As for rewatch value, it's more of a drama where it excels through twists, and that being the case, rewatching it won't be enjoyed. Overall, other than the ending it was a great drama, and i would give it a 7.