• Last Online: 5 minutes ago

Skye-N-Rain

United States
Rich Man, Poor Woman Episode Zero
Sep 1, 2012
This is pretty much a mini special that shows a bunch of flashbacks, as well as some new videos about the company going from just Toru's small (1 million member) company to the big leagues. This special isn't necessary, but for fans of the drama it helps increase the backstory a bit.

Story 7/10: This special was quite interesting. Like I said before, it just has a few clips that aren't from the dramas, but overall it really helps you learn more about Asahina and toru.

Acting 10/10 : No complaints about the cast. They are perfect like in the drama.

Music 6/10 : The music is good, but not great. In fact I think it only had one song and that was the same one.

Rewatch Value 3/10 : I wouldn't really rewatch this special, especially due to the fact that im not really a rewatcher.

Overall 7/10: The special is good, but it's not great like the drama.

I Just Didn't Do It
Apr 9, 2011
The story was very unique. The Acting and the cast were amazing as well. The music was ok, as for rewatch value, it has none. I don't know why anyone would want to rewatch this movie. Overall though, this movie was a 10 since I felt like it was....very unique! The main point of this movie is pretty much, do you give up and admit that you commited the crime/ pay a small fine for a crime you didn't commit, or do you continue to say you are innocent and potentially have a worst punishment. Overall a great, great movie.
Castaway on the Moon
Feb 1, 2014
I ended up watching this movie since it had such high recommendations on MDL and elsewhere. Now here is what I think about it:

Story 10/10: I felt like the story was very original. It takes a very dark subject, and injects it with some comedy. Ultimately it had the right amount of darkness and comedy for me.

Acting 10/10: The actors were flawless.

Music 5/10: I don't really remember much about the music (i watched it a few days ago.) for that reason I gave it a 5/10. I didn't notice anything wrong with the music choice but at the same time it didn't stay in my memory long enough to be GREAT.

Rewatchability 5/10: I generally do not rewatch films. Although this is an amazing movie, I don't see myself rewatching this anytime soon.

Overall 10/10: Solid story. Solid movie. The perfect movie for a Sunday evening.

Rurouni Kenshin
May 22, 2013
I've been a fan of the Rurouni Kenshin anime for at least 7 years now. It was one of my first anime, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. So when I first heard about the live action adaptation I was a little apprehensive. I was afraid that they were going to ruin the memory of yet another one of my favorite anime. However, this movie went beyond my expectations and was actually pretty good. It kept a lot of the Kenshin anime 'feel', the seriousness along with the moments of comedy that I so dearly love.

Story 8/10: The story was interesting, though predictable (mainly due to the fact that I have watched the anime.)

Cast 10/10: The cast did a wonderful job bringing the characters to life.

9/10: The music was very good and fit the scenes perfectly. Even though its been 3 days since I watched hte movie, i'm currently listening to one of the songs (by One Ok Rock) from the movie.

Rewatch Value 6/10: This film is a decent rewatch.

Cinematography 10/10: Even though we don't have a section for Cinematography on here, i felt this movie deserved one. Normally I don't notice Cinematography since it's not too big of a deal. But this movie went above and beyond normal cinematography.

Overall 9/10; What are you waiting for? Go and watch it if you haven't already!

The Warlords
May 6, 2011
This is literally my favorite Chinese Movie ever. It's story is unique and highly epic! The cast and acting could not be any better. The music enhances the scenes perfectly, and while i'm generally not one for rewatching movies or dramas, this one I would definitely rewatch a year or two after. Overall, I highly recommend this movie to every Chinese Movie fan. Especially fans of movies such as Red Cliff.
A Millionaire's First Love
Jul 26, 2011
This is a movie where there are very little surprises or turn of events, so what makes this movie so good? You know what's going to happen from the very beginning but the way it's been done is so stunning, so heart wrenching, that you will have no choice but to love it. The story isn't the most original but it's been done well. The acting was perfect. The Music was perfectly suited for this movie. Usually i'm not one for rewatching movies, but this is an exception as there are no twists. Overall, this is definitely a 10 in my books. Watch it and see for yourself!
War of the Arrows
Mar 14, 2012
First let me explain how and why I started watching The Ultimate Weapon. I've been studying ancient Chinese history in the last few weeks and so last night I was in the mood to watch a few Ancient Chinese historical movies. This movie is set in Korea, with the Manchu's (who form the Qing Dynasty in China) try to invade Korea in 1936. So I started watching this movie and my review is below:

Story 7/10: I enjoyed the beginning very much, but after that it started going downhill for me. The middle dragged on and on, lots of arrows were flung around. The ending wasn't my type of ending either. It was definitely a twist but not one I enjoyed.

Acting/Cast 9/10: The acting itself was superb, but the characters felt really undeveloped to me. Especially the sister.

Music 9/10: I can't complain about the music. It was ok, conveyed the mood decently. Other than that though, it wasn't memorable.

Rewatch Value 3/10: I don't really rewatch movies or dramas, but this movie in particular I would not rewatch ever.

Overall 6/10: It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. If you want an action packed historical thriller with a very simple plot, then this is the movie for you.

China 1911
Jan 11, 2012
I first chose to watch this movie because it starred Jackie Chan and the trailer looked incredibly good. So I came into this movie expecting an action packed Jackie Chan-esque War Thriller.

Story 7/10: The story was the 1911 revolution in China that overthrew the Qing Dynasty. The story itself was interesting, but the way it was presented was decent at best.

Acting 10/10: I can't complain about the acting. The characters were believable, which is about all an actor can do.

Music 7/10: The music was ok. It didn't stand out much.

Rewatch Value 1/10: I'm generally not a rewatcher, and since I disliked this film i definitely would NOT rewatch this movie EVER.

Overall 6/10: The main reason i disliked this movie was because of the way it was done. It felt like a documentary rushed into a film. It caused me to not really develop any feelings for the characters and overall not really care about the movie.

Personal Taste
Apr 19, 2012
I first decided to watch this drama because I was in the mood for it. Feeling rather lovesick etc. I had always heard good things about Personal Taste, and had seen how popular it was, so I decided to give it a go...

Story: First 10 episodes 9/10, last 6 episodes 4/10. Their is a huge discrepancy between the first couple of episodes and the last couple of episodes (at least for me). I highly enjoyed the first couple of episodes. They were highly entertaining and PERFECT for my mood, but as I came upon the end I started disliking certain aspects of it.

Acting/Cast 10/10 : The actors were all flawless and I enjoyed their acting a lot.

Music 8/10: The Music was pretty good, and I still sometimes listen to the OST outside of watching the drama, which is always a good sign. I also enjoyed how they had random english songs sporadically thrown in their.

Rewatch Value 5/10: I'm not a big fan of rewatching dramas/movies to begin with, so I will personally probably never watch this. However, this is a bearable rewatch for those that do, because it's not really based on twists and turns.

Overall 6/10: If you have nothing else to watch and don't mind a decent story with wonderful actors, then this drama is the one for you.

Shaolin Soccer
Apr 7, 2011
Ah Shaolin Soccer, it has a soft spot in my heart.

This movie will make you laugh like no other movie has. I'm not one for rewatching, but i've seen this movie at least 4 times, once even with my dad. It's hillarious

The story line is probably not the best, but it's still fine.

The Cast and the Acting were amazing. Stephen Chow really knows how to act, as do the other cast members.

The music was ok and served its purpose well.

As I mentioned before, i'm not one for rewatching dramas and movies, but this is the one movie i really can rewatch as many times without getting too tired of it.

Overall, i'm giving this a 10 because in my opinion, it's an absolute must watch.

Gantz
Jul 31, 2011
I've never read the manga or watched the anime. The story was actually quite interesting and better than I had expected. Surprisingly though, I did NOT like the cast picked for this movie. I felt like Ninomiya and Kato were...how do I put this...They just didn't feel right. The music was okay and I personally wouldn't rewatch this, but it's generally not that bad of a film to rewatch. Overall, I gave this a 7 since it didn't really incite that much of a emotional response from me.
A Long Visit
May 5, 2011
This is a movie that I was thrilled to see. I was in love with it from the beginning till a few minutes before the end. I absolutely disliked the ending though and it left a bad taste in my mouth. However, other than that it was a spectacular movie. People who like that sort of ending will most likely give this movie all 10's because it really was a great movie. The story was interesting, the acting was fantastic, the music served it's purpose. All in all, it was a solid movie.
Nobuta Wo Produce
Oct 14, 2011
This is one of my favorite Jdramas.

Story: 8/10 The plot behind this drama is pretty ordinary. It's to make a loner girl at school, into one of the popular kids. That being said, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Acting: 10/10 The acting by Kamenashi Kazuya and Yamashita Tomohisa was outstanding. Erika Toda also did a great job. Overall, the entire cast was relatively flawless. One great thing about Yamaspi in this drama was the fact that he plays a very cute and quirky character unlike his other dramas.

Music: 7/10 The music for this jdrama was pretty average. It served it's purpose and I forgot it soon after I finished the drama.

Rewatch Value: 6/10 This is actually one of the better dramas to rewatch since you know what's going to happen from the very beginning.

Overall: 9/10 All in All, this drama is one of the more lighthearted, fun to watch Jdramas that everyone should watch. So what are you waiting for? Go! Go! Go!

Moon Child
May 5, 2011
A friend of mine recommended this movie to me and gave me the dvd but I never watched it since I was too busy. However, the moment arrived when I finally got time to watch it when my neighborhoods power went out (Thank you laptop!) and so I was finally able to watch the epicness that is Moon Child. The story is amazing, involving vampires, friendship, and tons of action. The Cast/Acting was amazing. The music was alright and served it's purpose well. Even for rewatch value, i'd say this gets a 7. Overall though, this movie is a solid 9, and a movie that everyone should watch.

Once Upon a Time in China
Apr 4, 2012
I came across this movie when I was studying Chinese history, and Wikipedia mentioned this movie as having a historical background, so I decided to give it a go. The movie does have a historical background, though one does NOT need to know the history of China to be able to enjoy this movie.

Story 8/10: The only reason I didn't give this movie a 9 or a 10 is because it has no real twists. You know what's going to happen from the beginning, especially if you know Chinese history and how that turned out. I did love the characters though, even the evil ones were relateable in my opinion.

Acting 10/10: I have no qualms with the acting, and it was perfect. The only problem I had was I believe I watched a dubbed one ( either it was originally in Cantonese or Mandarin and then it was changed to the other since the voices/lips sometimes didn't match. Not too big of an issue though).

Music 7/10: The music wasn't outstanding. It was average. It didn't take away from the movie or add to it.

Rewatch Value 6/10: If you're a Martial Arts fan like I am, then this is something you could definitely rewatch as their are almost no twists int he movie.

Overall 8/10: This is a solid movie, not the greatest, but not bad either.