I've written some thoughts explaining why below, maybe you can come back to this comment once you are done with…
I agree with every word you wrote. I am honestly a bit surprised how widely misunderstood (in my opinion at least) that final scene of ep1 is. I saw so many people using it as an argument that Liuyi fell first, love at first etc.
It never felt this way for me, it was always about Chusan representing everything Liuyi never had a chance to experience and his longing for such a simple, normal life. I also absolutely adore this scene, because it adds so much more depth to Liuyi's character. From this point onward, he's not just this handsome brute who loves his sister and has a nice booty π
Wait, He Chang Xi (He Chu San) was a Main Role in SIX dramas released in 2025, all with at least 24 episodes?…
Well, most if not all were mini dramas I think (arnd 20 minutes per ep), which would take less time to film. There's also a thing with cdramas when some of them are shelved for a long time before they get greenlit. So even if they were all released in 2025, the time they were filmed might've vary more (it's probably more liberal with mini dramas than those big budget mainstream productions though, since some of those dramas of his are pretty spicy by usual cdrama standards). But regardless, yeah, he's a pretty hardworking guy.
Well, that actually depends on what do you mean by "end up together". They do acknowledge e/o's feelings and share a pretty epic kiss in the last ep. But there is a cliffhanger at the end and what happens between them can't be really considered a "happily ever after" ending.
Not a clue. There's absolutely no good reason for you not to watch this.(And plenty of reasons for you to watchπ)
Well, if you're anything like me, after watching SCD you might not wanna watch any other BL at all. Since s1 ended I have watched 1 (one!) BL drama only (and that was an exception, since I didnt even consider it a romance to start with) and I can't literally even bother to try anything else. I have watched thrillers, straight romances, I have watched two soapy mini web dramas with Changxi (one of the leads in SCD), but I just can't get myself to watch anything BL, because I find them all so underwhelming now...
I miss ChusanLiuyi soooo much, my precious in-love babies... I really wanna see them date and cuddle and do couple-y…
I'd be the happiest if they went all out and gave us like 24 episodes, Revenged Love style π But more realistically, I'm hoping for 12 eps this time... (But I'll take another 9 with gratitude and excitement too. I am not picky... π₯Ί)
Not a clue. There's absolutely no good reason for you not to watch this.(And plenty of reasons for you to watchπ)
Might be... seems like a plausible theory π
But waiting for s2 is not that bad (it's agonizing) and s1 is so good, you don't wanna keep missing it just because there's a cliffhanger ending (that will make you agonize while waiting) π
Anyone know where can I watch bts and reaction video, it say my country is restricted on YouTube
I think as for the bts footage, your best bet is just look for the bits on social media,. They're scattered all over there. At the very least the bts from their rooftop kiss scene recirculates every few days on X π You might have more luck with #xizhao hashtag though than the drama name.
As for the reaction videos, I don't see them that often on SNS unfortunately... But since you're interested in the actors interactions, you might find their live streams fun to watch too. They (I mean Changxi and Yanzhao) did a TON (Matthew and Mingbo did some too). The most recent ones from Changxi and Yanzhao are usually translated and posted by their official fan club on X: https://x.com/xizhao_fanclub The older ones are somewhere on YouTube. You will most definitely come across them if you search either actors names or just "xizhao", but beware of the subs, cause they're usually machine translated and kinda suck π
While I can't say I knew exactly 1:1 what would happen and how the story would end, I anticipated some of the…
Also... am I the only one who feels like the ending is kind of a "happy ending" for everyone involved? πI mean, the MC seemed way more alive when being lead astray and manipulated by Lee Kang than probably in the whole 12 years of his marriage... It's like these two found each other and now can continue their weird... partnership π
While I can't say I knew exactly 1:1 what would happen and how the story would end, I anticipated some of the developments and the biggest twist. I guess in that respect, this drama failed?
Still, in terms of entertainment value, production and acting - this is a really solid piece of work and I honestly feel 8.0 on MDL doesn't do it justice. Choi Min Sik's acting is superb (I couldn't stand his character). I enjoyed the small wink in the audience's direction with referring to The Sorrows of Young Werther (so fitting for the main character and his life attitude, honestly).
Hang in there, it will happen eventually... (Though I gotta say I had hopes for an announcement at their second concert in Hong Kong last Sunday... I guess maybe after the rumoured Bangkok concert then? π₯Ί)
you might wanna put it under spoiler before someone who hasn't watched the drama yet sees your comment... π
She was, and I believe still is at the end of the drama. But at the same three years has passed before they met again. When she was living in London and was doing her thing, she might've picked up a habit of writing (as another person in the comments mentioned) and decided to write down their unusual story.
It's honestly still a bit wacky that they'd suddenly show us her having a new hobby without any prior foreshadowing. But it makes more sense than her supposedly waking up from a dream and still being playful and kinda intimate with the ML + receiving the bracelet from him. It makes no sense if it was just a dream π
you might wanna put it under spoiler before someone who hasn't watched the drama yet sees your comment... π
btw I actually don't think what happened in a drama was her dreaming about it. Here below in the comments there is one person (Muffin) who wrote their take on the story's ending and I agree with it. The drama might've made it purposefully confusing, but it looks more like FL simply wrote down what happened to her and ML as a novel, but her and the ML are still together (which is quite obvious from their behaviour in the final scene and him giving her the bracelet again).
It never felt this way for me, it was always about Chusan representing everything Liuyi never had a chance to experience and his longing for such a simple, normal life. I also absolutely adore this scene, because it adds so much more depth to Liuyi's character. From this point onward, he's not just this handsome brute who loves his sister and has a nice booty π
Cause that's pretty much me.
There's also a thing with cdramas when some of them are shelved for a long time before they get greenlit. So even if they were all released in 2025, the time they were filmed might've vary more (it's probably more liberal with mini dramas than those big budget mainstream productions though, since some of those dramas of his are pretty spicy by usual cdrama standards).
But regardless, yeah, he's a pretty hardworking guy.
Since s1 ended I have watched 1 (one!) BL drama only (and that was an exception, since I didnt even consider it a romance to start with) and I can't literally even bother to try anything else. I have watched thrillers, straight romances, I have watched two soapy mini web dramas with Changxi (one of the leads in SCD), but I just can't get myself to watch anything BL, because I find them all so underwhelming now...
Basically, SCD ruined the entire genre for me π
But more realistically, I'm hoping for 12 eps this time...
(But I'll take another 9 with gratitude and excitement too. I am not picky... π₯Ί)
But waiting for s2 is not that bad (it's agonizing) and s1 is so good, you don't wanna keep missing it just because there's a cliffhanger ending (that will make you agonize while waiting) π
(And plenty of reasons for you to watchπ)
As for the reaction videos, I don't see them that often on SNS unfortunately...
But since you're interested in the actors interactions, you might find their live streams fun to watch too. They (I mean Changxi and Yanzhao) did a TON (Matthew and Mingbo did some too).
The most recent ones from Changxi and Yanzhao are usually translated and posted by their official fan club on X: https://x.com/xizhao_fanclub
The older ones are somewhere on YouTube. You will most definitely come across them if you search either actors names or just "xizhao", but beware of the subs, cause they're usually machine translated and kinda suck π
It's like these two found each other and now can continue their weird... partnership π
Still, in terms of entertainment value, production and acting - this is a really solid piece of work and I honestly feel 8.0 on MDL doesn't do it justice.
Choi Min Sik's acting is superb (I couldn't stand his character). I enjoyed the small wink in the audience's direction with referring to The Sorrows of Young Werther (so fitting for the main character and his life attitude, honestly).
(Though I gotta say I had hopes for an announcement at their second concert in Hong Kong last Sunday... I guess maybe after the rumoured Bangkok concert then? π₯Ί)
It's honestly still a bit wacky that they'd suddenly show us her having a new hobby without any prior foreshadowing. But it makes more sense than her supposedly waking up from a dream and still being playful and kinda intimate with the ML + receiving the bracelet from him. It makes no sense if it was just a dream π
The drama might've made it purposefully confusing, but it looks more like FL simply wrote down what happened to her and ML as a novel, but her and the ML are still together (which is quite obvious from their behaviour in the final scene and him giving her the bracelet again).