Right?! I've been saying the exact same thing (only that I feel so about both of them equally, Xixi outside of…
Oh, I didnt think you tried to say anything bad about him. I simply wanted to express some appreciation about the guy myself π Originally I was actually way more impressed with Zhao's acting tbh, only later on (and with more rewatches) I realised just how much of my emotional resonance with the story comes actually from Xixi's acting, so maybe I am overcompensating for myself in my previous comment ;) I haven't watched anything with him prior to SCD. Since it finished I did watch Wuliang already and am pushing through 10 Years of Unrequited Love (pushing thru because it's beyond silly and while originally I still felt it was a rather pleasant guilty pleasure type of a watch, they pushed it way beyond my tolerance it seems π). No complaints about Xixi's acting there though, it's actually the best thing about the show (his female partner is pretty good too, and I actually think they have real good chemistry on screen). But anyway, his portrayal of Chusan was the first I've seen of him.
As for Zhao, I actually remember that when I saw him in their first live I got whiplash type of a shock π Something was not computing in my brain that that was the same person I've watched being Liuyi π
I've seen quite a lot of xizhao content by now but it's funny how it doesn't really impact my view of the characters.…
Right?! I've been saying the exact same thing (only that I feel so about both of them equally, Xixi outside of the drama and Chusan have totally different energy for me). Usually if I become more familiar with an actor, I often subconsciously start to see them in the fictional character, notice same mannerisms etc. It happens even with the most famous, acclaimed actors too. And here, even though the amount of Xizhao content I've watched has to be at least equal to the amount of SCD I've watched, Xixi and Zhao never cross onto Chusan and Liuyi "territory" in my mind. When I play the drama, it's just Chusan and Liuyi. Testament to their acting for sure, but I also thought that maybe the dubbing (that dubbing we all collectively wanted gone π) might've contributed a bit too. You know, like the characters and the actors speaking different voices helps our brains not to mash them into one entity.
Most likely, yes. While we don't have an official announcement, the actors themselves confirmed it verbally on multiple occasions, even talking about how they'd ensure the good quality of s2 etc.
agh this ended the same way as HIStory3: Trapped, with him going to jail, noooo. PLEASE give us season 2 but for…
HiStory3: Trapped still had a decent closure. While the ending alone might've left people unhappy, it overall closed all the plot points and Tang Yi going to jail was just part of it, him taking responsibility for his action etc. In SCD's case they very clearly intended the final episode as a preparation for s2. The whole mystery of corruption within police force, Jiahua's ex love interest murder case, Liuyi getting arrested. This absolutely can not be considered a closure at any point (aside from Liuyi realising and accepting his feelings enough to kiss Chusan).
is there any? and TYVM FOR THE WARNING! I didnt know, checking it out seeing how 9th ep ends, imma like huh? checking…
Yep. "We have always said yes. And we will not deceive you" - pretty much seals it for me. While not an official announcement, I start to really settle comfortably in this idea that I am just waiting for s2, and not for it being confirmed anymore π
It was the only time throughout the entire series that I felt so sad when Jia Hua appeared on my screen πππ
What? No... What are you saying? π I love Guangming. He's my favourite one after Chusan (who is my unrivalled #1) And I havent read the novel, I just tremendously enjoyed his energy whenever he appeared. And to be honest, he had no reason to open up to Jiahua from the start, as I can imagine he wasn't sure if he could trust him yet (we see he only scratches him off his wall *after* their hospital interaction).
It was the only time throughout the entire series that I felt so sad when Jia Hua appeared on my screen πππ
Jia Hua is lucky that they gave him and Guangming this entire intense scene at the hospital afterwards and the one that followed where he joins my guy Guangming at his apartment (cause otherwise I would've ended the entire season with a bitter feeling about him π )
Prepping for a second season, so they left it on a cliffhanger. Now, if the s2 happens is another thing... I am of a mindset that it simply has to, so it will π
this is my first cbl and i don't watch a lot of cdramas in general but i really want to try and watch more. could…
One title I honestly wish everyone would watch, cause I am positive people would fall in love with it is Sammy's Children's Day. https://mydramalist.com/803340-chu-san-de-liu-yi-er-tong-jie You'd have to put up with dubbing that's a bit jarring (the actors spoke Mandarin while filming, but the show is dubbed in Cantonese bcs it's set in Hong Kong). However, you'll get beautiful cinematography, really good acting, interesting story and amazing chemistry between the leads.
ζ―δ½ ζδΊζ (It Was You Who Loved Me) by He Changxi, love this OST so much, love it love it. So beautiful.…
Shi Ni Ai Le Wo is definitely my most listened to song on the entire OST (I also ended up having a playlist dedicated only to Changxi after watching this drama with SCD songs plus some of his previous songs, collabs, etc. So there's that...) That scene with a bouquet is so adorable it hurts. Liuyi protecting the flowers while kicking ass is beyond cute. But generally this entire ep is overflowing with cuteness. Starting with Liuyi wanting to find the dean to get the graduation ceremony repeated π
Since you mentioned the OST, it might interest you that Changxi and Yanzhao actually dropped an EP a few days ago. It has one duet song and two solos for each of them, 5 songs total. Personally I like the SCD OST better, but that EP is not bad either, has a cute, gentle vibe to it. Maybe you will enjoy it (you can find it under Changxi's artist page, since you already saved Shi Ni Ai Le Wo).
I actually have a (maybe weird) question. But seeing you just starting the drama, how did you find out about it?…
Honestly, there are a lot of shows I personally don't vibe with and quite a few that I consider good, but didn't blow up properly. It is what it is, sadly I can't decide what people like π Having said that, I do think that with SCD the case has to do more with... its positioning (for the lack of a better word) that I mentioned. Plus some people might be put off originally by the dubbing. And the cliffhanger ending, which I feel is discouraging those who only start a drama when it's complete or when it's a happy ending. Also, the current promotions, while they're quite heavy, they're mostly focusing on the ship marketing and in my impression are mostly directed at people who have already watched the drama and are willing to spend money π(I might underestimate the power that comes with exposure to the ship, as some people might see Xizhao and get interested who these guys are and what's their work.)
Well, for what it's worth, every now and then the bts footage of their rooftop kiss scene blows up on X. That's one way of exposure for the drama I suppose π
I actually have a (maybe weird) question. But seeing you just starting the drama, how did you find out about it?…
So some people still come across it organically and by accident. That's good, that's good. Personally, I wish this drama got way more exposure than now (it's that good), hence why my question.
Happy you're enjoying it. I think I was hooked after first two eps and totally in love with it around episode 4 already ;)
Just finished first episode. My first impression is that Xia Liuyi is very puppy like. Is he supposed to be a…
I actually have a (maybe weird) question. But seeing you just starting the drama, how did you find out about it? I'm curious because in my impression it is so difficult to come across it without actually specifically looking for it. My algorithm is of course pushing SCD-related stuff on me all the time, but I'm obsessed with the show π However, I kinda feel like it's been buried on Viki under the Hong Kong category that has no exposure on the app (like the show has been stuck at around 6K, which is crazy for me, considering it really seemed to have a good momentum when it was airing), Gaga is pushing new dramas on their main page and I don't even know how anyone would stumble upon it on YouTube without specifically looking for it. I am subscribed to both of their channels there, and barely get any notifs anymore π
Originally I was actually way more impressed with Zhao's acting tbh, only later on (and with more rewatches) I realised just how much of my emotional resonance with the story comes actually from Xixi's acting, so maybe I am overcompensating for myself in my previous comment ;)
I haven't watched anything with him prior to SCD. Since it finished I did watch Wuliang already and am pushing through 10 Years of Unrequited Love (pushing thru because it's beyond silly and while originally I still felt it was a rather pleasant guilty pleasure type of a watch, they pushed it way beyond my tolerance it seems π). No complaints about Xixi's acting there though, it's actually the best thing about the show (his female partner is pretty good too, and I actually think they have real good chemistry on screen). But anyway, his portrayal of Chusan was the first I've seen of him.
As for Zhao, I actually remember that when I saw him in their first live I got whiplash type of a shock π Something was not computing in my brain that that was the same person I've watched being Liuyi π
Usually if I become more familiar with an actor, I often subconsciously start to see them in the fictional character, notice same mannerisms etc. It happens even with the most famous, acclaimed actors too.
And here, even though the amount of Xizhao content I've watched has to be at least equal to the amount of SCD I've watched, Xixi and Zhao never cross onto Chusan and Liuyi "territory" in my mind.
When I play the drama, it's just Chusan and Liuyi.
Testament to their acting for sure, but I also thought that maybe the dubbing (that dubbing we all collectively wanted gone π) might've contributed a bit too. You know, like the characters and the actors speaking different voices helps our brains not to mash them into one entity.
While we don't have an official announcement, the actors themselves confirmed it verbally on multiple occasions, even talking about how they'd ensure the good quality of s2 etc.
In SCD's case they very clearly intended the final episode as a preparation for s2. The whole mystery of corruption within police force, Jiahua's ex love interest murder case, Liuyi getting arrested. This absolutely can not be considered a closure at any point (aside from Liuyi realising and accepting his feelings enough to kiss Chusan).
While not an official announcement, I start to really settle comfortably in this idea that I am just waiting for s2, and not for it being confirmed anymore π
And I havent read the novel, I just tremendously enjoyed his energy whenever he appeared. And to be honest, he had no reason to open up to Jiahua from the start, as I can imagine he wasn't sure if he could trust him yet (we see he only scratches him off his wall *after* their hospital interaction).
I'd be happy if they just dropped 9 more episodes tbh π
Now, if the s2 happens is another thing... I am of a mindset that it simply has to, so it will π
https://mydramalist.com/803340-chu-san-de-liu-yi-er-tong-jie
You'd have to put up with dubbing that's a bit jarring (the actors spoke Mandarin while filming, but the show is dubbed in Cantonese bcs it's set in Hong Kong). However, you'll get beautiful cinematography, really good acting, interesting story and amazing chemistry between the leads.
That scene with a bouquet is so adorable it hurts. Liuyi protecting the flowers while kicking ass is beyond cute. But generally this entire ep is overflowing with cuteness. Starting with Liuyi wanting to find the dean to get the graduation ceremony repeated π
Since you mentioned the OST, it might interest you that Changxi and Yanzhao actually dropped an EP a few days ago. It has one duet song and two solos for each of them, 5 songs total. Personally I like the SCD OST better, but that EP is not bad either, has a cute, gentle vibe to it. Maybe you will enjoy it (you can find it under Changxi's artist page, since you already saved Shi Ni Ai Le Wo).
Having said that, I do think that with SCD the case has to do more with... its positioning (for the lack of a better word) that I mentioned. Plus some people might be put off originally by the dubbing. And the cliffhanger ending, which I feel is discouraging those who only start a drama when it's complete or when it's a happy ending.
Also, the current promotions, while they're quite heavy, they're mostly focusing on the ship marketing and in my impression are mostly directed at people who have already watched the drama and are willing to spend money π(I might underestimate the power that comes with exposure to the ship, as some people might see Xizhao and get interested who these guys are and what's their work.)
Well, for what it's worth, every now and then the bts footage of their rooftop kiss scene blows up on X. That's one way of exposure for the drama I suppose π
Happy you're enjoying it. I think I was hooked after first two eps and totally in love with it around episode 4 already ;)
My algorithm is of course pushing SCD-related stuff on me all the time, but I'm obsessed with the show π
However, I kinda feel like it's been buried on Viki under the Hong Kong category that has no exposure on the app (like the show has been stuck at around 6K, which is crazy for me, considering it really seemed to have a good momentum when it was airing), Gaga is pushing new dramas on their main page and I don't even know how anyone would stumble upon it on YouTube without specifically looking for it. I am subscribed to both of their channels there, and barely get any notifs anymore π