End of ep 22, ML and MYR had a massive converssation and argument, when ML confronted MYR about being the masked person. Pretty much MYR admitted it, saying he has always been jealous of ML, pretty much how he hates him and his family. Just hurt to see ML getting betrayed by his best friend and finding out the truth.
But I don't understand the hate/dislike for Xia Jingshi & Feng Xiyang. They are deeply flawed characters,…
Yeh princess definitely gullible and immature, and she will learn her lesson, as many people do when they have been sheltered too much and enter the real world. I agree with that 100%. I read the book as well, only thing is I fear they have changed a lot compared to the book, especially regarding the ending fates of XJS and princess. I saw some spoilers, not confirmed 100% but seem to be going around about princess and XJS.
In the book, I agree XJS especially was much more sympathetic, closer to a grey character, I feel like they made him more of a villain in the drama (for better or worse we'll wait and see till the drama ends). I hope both him and princess have strong charter growth and development in the second half though. I do think getting a peak into XJS's backstory in the recent eps definitely helped.
Guys any idea if the princess will love the emperor? It’s obvious that he will become obsessed with her but…
I have seen spoilers, not confirmed but apparently roughly what happens to the princess, XJS and emperor relationship. Can let you know if you want. Again spoilers I saw, not confirmed but saw many of the same so I think it's pretty likely.
But I don't understand the hate/dislike for Xia Jingshi & Feng Xiyang. They are deeply flawed characters,…
To be fair, XJS secretly ran a death camp for kidnapped children, wanted to sacrifice 300,000 innocent civilians and shot the women he supposedly loved of a cliff to protect his secret.
Princess betrayed her brother and father by stealing the token and helping XJS escape the capital.
We understand that they are flawed, but how their flaws shaped their actions makes them dislikable. To be clear dislikable as characters, which is actually a complement to their acting and storytelling. Some characters are made to be dislikable/hateable, some aren't. For instance, ML has a flawed childhood as well, and is a 'killer god' but we see the contrast compared to XJS. He cares for the innocent and is loyal to his people. So he is made to be likable.
Just my opinion though, dramas are subjective so differing opinions are normal and what make MDL great.
I also thought how maybe its double standards why i hate xiyang for "loving" the enemy when the suige…
I agree. It's fine to love someone else, but betraying your own family for them is insane, especially when she only met him once before. She doesn't know the real him, where as ML and FL got to know each others true selves before falling for each other.
We see Dong Si Yi's character at the end of ep 7/in previews finally. She was great in Rise of Ning, looking forward to her character in this. Calling it now, second romance with FL's brother.
Also important to note we don't know when she leaves, maybe they have a child and her and her family only leave…
Maybe she leaves but we don't know for sure and we also don't know she doesn't come back, can't judge that based only off the intro song. Can be many explanations. Also we see in the intro song as well they got married. Many explanations, like maybe she returns to be with him. Way too early to say he remarries and all that. And the marriage they had you could see was attended by many people, so she wouldn't be an untold first wife, as it seems many people knew, and he has a high position would have been big news, the history would have got passed down. Hell who knows he might not even be their real ancestor, all they have is an old portrait and what the grandpa said. Many mysteries and twists still to come I bet. So too early to judge and say he remarries yet, they purposefully had the portrait of miss Shen blurred/not clear, so could be her, could be someone else, we will see.
Yeh exactly, and I like how everyone thought mother in law was evil but turned out to be so nice. Theres a funny scene in ep 27 with her, when you watch.
her range is wide. not sticking into baby talking roles for heat-generating ranks. she's pretty good ngl.
Same started following her in I am nobody, none of her dramas have had insane popularity like views or heat wise (thats normal, after all she's pretty new), but they've all just been pretty good dramas and she's played different roles in all of them and showcased her ability. Still young and pretty new. So she's done really well so far, and in time she'll get bigger and bigger roles.
Hahaha same here, and I hope they don't either, I don't think they will I feel like in the preview for ep 28 is the ML's confession and apology, so surely they get back together officially after that.
Something I don't get is if the FL is the "lady shen" wife of the ML (the ancestor) then she has to have…
Also important to note we don't know when she leaves, maybe they have a child and her and her family only leave when the child is all grown up, into an adult. Like maybe we'll see them growing old together in the past timeline. Then I feel it's ok for her to leave eventually. And time travel and all that, when they leave and travel back, they go to the exact moment they left, so aging and all that reverses. Who knows, just guessing but I'm always a bit worried about transmigration endings and their return to the modern world, hope it's a good ending.
Omg, but judging from calendar, SVIP might need to buy another express package 🥲🥲 which usually never happened…
So excited but yeh the wording does seem a little weird makes it sound like we have to buy another package which would be so crazy from tencent, hope they just used weird wording and thats all
In the book, I agree XJS especially was much more sympathetic, closer to a grey character, I feel like they made him more of a villain in the drama (for better or worse we'll wait and see till the drama ends). I hope both him and princess have strong charter growth and development in the second half though. I do think getting a peak into XJS's backstory in the recent eps definitely helped.
Princess betrayed her brother and father by stealing the token and helping XJS escape the capital.
We understand that they are flawed, but how their flaws shaped their actions makes them dislikable. To be clear dislikable as characters, which is actually a complement to their acting and storytelling. Some characters are made to be dislikable/hateable, some aren't. For instance, ML has a flawed childhood as well, and is a 'killer god' but we see the contrast compared to XJS. He cares for the innocent and is loyal to his people. So he is made to be likable.
Just my opinion though, dramas are subjective so differing opinions are normal and what make MDL great.
For those that know what happens, I am dreading Monday's 2 episodes though, those episodes are going to be painful.