Details

  • Last Online: 5 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: France
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: September 14, 2024
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award2 Flower Award1 Cleansing Tomato Award1 Reply Hugger1
Replying to Little Lottie • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Wow! Very well articulated. I hope they can be more balanced as it goes on. I dislike when any character asks…
So basically, if we take Min Hao out, and rewrite the girl properly with the other guys—little romances, but with more complex and better-written characters—what kind of numbers would we be looking at? And our little sweetheart, where do we stick him then? Yeah, let him do his little side investigation quietly on his own
0 0
Replying to Little Lottie • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Wow! Very well articulated. I hope they can be more balanced as it goes on. I dislike when any character asks…
I’d totally sign off on your idea, but I don’t think the producer will. After all, it’s THE STAR—we basically paid them for the kisses, I think… oh, and the bonus of the shirtless bath scene for everyone. They launched it at the same time as the other project, probably thinking that over there it wouldn’t be as HOT as here (which, by the way, I also find the other project pretty cute in terms of chemistry, even if it’s based on a ‘different kind of love’).
1 1
Replying to stardust_stroller • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Perfectly said. Unfortunately, this drama struggles with its portrayal of matriarchy and patriarchy. While it…
Absolutely agree with you!!!!
1 0
Replying to Little Lottie • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Wow! Very well articulated. I hope they can be more balanced as it goes on. I dislike when any character asks…
Do you agree that the problem here is Ming Hao? We just want to see him in a romance with this beautiful girl—that’s the whole issue :)))
0 10
Replying to voldermortsunbae • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
I find it funny that these comments often come up in gender swap themed dramas but no one is writing long essays…
I think this kind of content mainly exists to satisfy the desires of the female audience, which is the majority here (myself included, guilty 😏). It’s our era that decides what we watch.

But let’s get back to so-called “classic” dramas: after watching hundreds of series, I’ll tell you—classic? I’ve never seen it. There are only two tropes: the Cinderella who needs saving, or the all-powerful woman who makes even a loud, fearsome general look like a spineless extra. That’s what today’s audience wants to escape into.

And if it had been a harem drama, then yes, we’d be in history… except that after watching 10 “historical fiction” costume dramas a week, real history is starting to feel like fiction!
4 0
Replying to QAS • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
This is an excellent assessment of the lead roles. Is FL only interested in mating with the handsome ML, to carry…
For now, her grandmother is just watching. Option 1: either she poisoned the first suitor… or she’s doing absolutely nothing. In any case, I don’t really like her, even though she fits the stereotype of an elderly matriarch
0 0
Replying to Little Lottie • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Wow! Very well articulated. I hope they can be more balanced as it goes on. I dislike when any character asks…
If I were a writer, I wouldn’t have included a romantic subplot for this main heroine, because characters like her are usually alone, and it would have been more fitting given her sacrifices and priorities. Romance here undermines the depth of her character and, above all, makes her appear less dominant.
1 12
On Glory • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
I’m watching 3 Hou Min Hao on the side right now, lol. Overdose? No 😄 Besides, he’s a very solid vocalist — I’ve seen the live performances!! I’m also rewatching Clouds at the moment… Anyway, I got distracted...

By the way, one more thing. The female lead is very, very beautiful, but what I love most are her eyes. She has a “deep” gaze — there’s humanity and real softness in it. I think that’s her true nature. To me, that’s what saves the character: in close-up shots, I tend to read the expression in her eyes rather than the way the script sometimes treats her character, which can feel rather harsh.
2 2
Replying to batatatamusic • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Here we go again: yet another piece of content — a fairy tale in which a man is gradually reduced to a servant.…
All of this is an emotional rupture, an inner conflict… and yet, I still like the series !!! lol
0 0
On Glory • Jan 7, 2026
Title Glory
Here we go again: yet another piece of content — a fairy tale in which a man is gradually reduced to a servant. At first, he is strong, whole, with character and principles, even frighteningly self-sufficient. He has an inner backbone, dignity, tension. But after a few episodes, what do we see? He is no longer a subject, but a function. His will dissolves into the woman’s desires; his strength exists only insofar as she allows it.

This inevitably raises a question: does this woman actually need a man as such? Or is the man in these stories merely an added comfort parameter, an accessory to her emotional universe? I respect the image of a free woman — intelligent, active, running a business, capable of making decisions. That is admirable and dignified. But why is this almost always achieved at the cost of devaluing the male character? Why is equality so often replaced by symbolic castration?

The philosophical issue here goes far beyond the genre of romantic drama. It is a question of balance: whether it is possible to portray a strong woman without dismantling the image of a strong man. Why does contemporary storytelling fear the union of two fully formed individuals and instead prefer a dynamic of domination and submission? Perhaps because genuine partnership is more difficult to write.

You will probably tell me that they are equal in cunning, sharpness of mind, and quick thinking. But that is not what I am talking about. I am not speaking of intellect. It is precisely this so-called “equality” that gets cut short. Just recall the scene where she leaves: he asks her not to go — not out of caprice, but out of care, even concern for her health. And what is her response? Cold. Dry. That is not how one speaks to an equal. That is how one speaks to a servant.

Here, quite clearly and outside of any historical context, what is being presented is a form of matriarchy: a strong, intelligent woman entrepreneur surrounded by an entire gallery of attractive men who, in one way or another, serve her cause — or serve her personally.

Even the visual language reinforces this. The framing is constructed so that roles are deliberately reversed. The way she looks at him while lowering herself to his level; the way she alone decides who will stay close to her and who will not — he appears less like an equal partner and more like a kind of concubine. Perhaps this dynamic will evolve later on; we shall see. But from episodes 2 through 18, this is precisely the structure that is being consistently portrayed.
16 63
Replying to 10joyboy • Jan 6, 2026
Title Glory
FLs are always smarter than MLs, even when the MLs are supposed to be the most ruthless generals and strategists,…
Exactly!!!!!! But from another point of view: for millennia, women were servants to men, now it's exactly the opposite view lol
0 0
Replying to QAS • Jan 6, 2026
Title Glory
Me, too! Once He said Yang was already dying, I thought immediately that Twin Brother poisoned Yang. The uncle…
yes
1 0
Replying to Amberose • Jan 6, 2026
Title Glory
You're so right they keep falling like dominoes
lol
0 0
On Glory • Jan 5, 2026
Title Glory
I can totally see the next Bai Ying Sheng dying—poor guys, there’ll only be one left, like musical chairs!
5 3
On Glory • Jan 5, 2026
Title Glory Spoiler
Regarding Yang Ding Chen, I think it was his brother or his uncle who poisoned him
6 2
On Glory • Jan 5, 2026
Title Glory Spoiler
ep 15. If I’ve understood the story correctly so far: after regaining his memories, ML is trying—as he says—to find out who is behind his downfall. I think he doesn’t fully trust the young man who is with him. On the one hand, he had doubts about the death of FL’s sister, but I think now he has seen the truth and decided to trust her (1–0 to FL, she won with her scheme).
3 0
On Glory • Jan 5, 2026
Title Glory Spoiler
A question regarding episode 15. ML was indeed sending a message for the investigation, right? So it was against FL, or as he said, was it about his personal affairs?
0 1
On Glory • Jan 5, 2026
Title Glory
I bet this monk will leave and come back stronger later
2 0