• Join Date: May 28, 2019
Love The Way You Are
Many comments I've read said if I wanted to watch something similar to Le Coup De Foudre I should watch this and I did. The trailer kinda fooled me and got me hooked into thinking that this could help me stop binge watching Le Coup.

It's not a total disappointment but I found some loopholes. I think this should have been a mini series or a drama special with 2 episodes.

The leads were fine with their roles. I liked the nerdy ML at first but found it a bit creepy that he planned her life so he could fit in. In reality that's creepy but in the movie world I guess you'd find it endearing.

The confession scene was like a summary of how he plotted to fit in her life somehow and maybe for her to like him too. I can't blame him though. The FL was endearingily cheerful a kinda person you'd like to be friends with.

The classmate from high school is kinda an ass I mean she doesn't like the ML but since she thinks he likes her he can't like anyone else and when he does she starts to act like she likes her too.

I wish the senior who flirted with the FL had more scenes I think it would have added some jazz to the story.

Childhood sweetheart themed stories is a cup of tea I like but this movie is a so so. I would definitely watch it again just to feast my eyes on the ML whose really handsome after the makeover and the adorkably cute FL who lives her life to the fullest righteously.

I have to say this does not compare to Le Coup but if you want to watch something lighthearted and put a smile on your face this movie is worth watching.

Le Coup de Foudre
May 28, 2019
At first I didn't want to watch this based on the plot summary alone thinking it may be too melancholic but I read an article on Soompi about how good this series is so I gave it a go.

I watched 6 episodes straight and boy I never looked back.

Part of its charm is that the book it is based on on the author's real life story. My pessimistic self believes that first love dies and your left with memories. But watching this made me realize that there are exceptions to the rule. The story telling was realistic and the actors were great.

The actors for YM and QY is so perfect that I can't think of anyone else who'd fit the bill. Their chemistry is off the charts that when you watch them interact whether in school or as adults you can't help but smile.

GC and WY is love. Their storyline was not on the book if I remember it right but like the main leads their chemistry is great. I want to assume that GC is in denial of his feelings for WY when they were younger because of his trauma.

And the uncle, oh my, he is a friend indeed. I love how his protective of his friends and how he kept his friendship with QY despite what happened with his nephew. He deserved a happy ending too.

I really enjoyed how the writer and the director showed different relationship dynamics be it about family, friendship, or love. I think this is the most realistic one I have seen in a series. I love how each character's imperfection it really made this story relatable.

The OST is awesome. The songs they used on this drama is perfectly apt for the story.

Rewatch value? I would say its worth watching over and over again just for the heck of it because this is a feel good realistic drama that would leave you with a smile on your face.

This is the first drama I've watched that I wanted to leave a review because it exceeded my expectations.

My Youth
Jun 16, 2019
I am one episode short before I finish this series.

I like how the story unfolded for all the characters. The story or the main leads is somehow realistic to what really happens in long distance relationships. But of course this is a drama. Happy ending is needed.

I also like the way the story about the online chat mates/gamers becoming a couple it was a thing way back when lols makes it so relatable.

How I wish Yating would end up with someone after all the heartache of a one sided love.

Overall, the music is okay. The acting is okay except for the female lead in HS years. I guess she found it awkward acting younger than she is but in university onwards her acting improved.

I will rewatch this when all eps are subbed. It's a feel good series. Relatable stories that could bring back memories.