• Birthday: April 25
  • Join Date: September 1, 2017
Something in the Rain
Jul 5, 2018

A whole bunch of episodes that lead to NOTHING

Dude. What kind of ending was THAT?! I'm so mad. The story was so slow and prolonged and I would have been okay with it, because my hopes were that they would end up happily ever after. Where the mom would finally recognize her flaws and let them be together. Or at least they would recognize that they wouldn't be able to be together with the way her mother feels and therefore, change the way they would make their relationship work. But instead, they broke up and got back together after some time apart and realizing that they still loved each other and they were back to square one!!! Nothing changed - not her mother (they didn't really try to convince her mother, they just said they love each other and pouted), not their relationship/behavior toward each other and we weren't lead to believe that things would be different. They would just "be."

And can I please just say - this mother was absolutely unrealistic and it's not possible to like her. She didn't care if she was ruining her daughter's happiness, it was her way or the highway and she ended up losing her daughter in the end. Realistically, a parent should be objective and when they realize that they're being unrealistic and that their children are pulling away from them, they change in an attempt to keep them. So yes, I HATED this mother very much - wanting to punch her in the mouth a lot. A lot of people hated the mother in Uncontrollably Fond (and I didn't), but I for real hated this mom (just to give you something to go off of).

OMG. If that was gonna be the case, why did I waste 16 hours (give or take, because some of the episodes were longer than 1 hour) if they were just gonna be together after all the heartbreak with no developments?! I literally screamed at the TV for an hour after finishing this drama and it is probably my most HATED drama, right after, That Winter, The Wind Blows.

So many stupid things happened between them and NOTHING changed. Which means the stupid issues they had were absolutely POINTLESS.
I can respect your opinion if you like this drama, but it dragged too much and since the events that transpired essentially led to nothing, I can't every recommend it to anyone (I'd actually try my best to dissuade you from the waste of time).
One (and only) nice thing? Jung Hae In is VERY attractive. Feast your eyes because that's ALL worth seeing or paying attention to in this drama.

Thirty But Seventeen
Sep 19, 2018
My thoughts of the drama as a whole are warm and happy. While I don't have any sentimental value for the violin specifically, I could empathize with the feelings of losing over 10 years of your life to an accident that ripped your future away from you. I loved how each character healed and grew simply due to their interactions with one another. They fed off of each other's optimism, grief, growth, friendship, and honesty. The pacing was excellent - no particularly draggy or filler moments. The plot was well thought out and things were so well tied together. The adolescent actors selected to represent "past" characters were well selected and their acting meshed seamlessly to portray the same character. The balance between the fun/happy moments and the sad moments was so perfectly done - one moment I was welling up with tears of sadness on behalf of the characters and the next, those same characters were making me laugh. I'm left with true feelings of happiness for all those characters and their stories. AND the soundtrack was a wonderful companion to many scenes, aiding in the mood and atmospheres nicely. There was quite literally not one flaw in this entire drama for me. I enjoyed Still 17 to the fullest and will probably encourage others to watch it. The moral of the story? Things aren't always what they seem, therefore, you can't make yourself solely responsible for everything. We all impact each other in ways we may never fully realize. 10/10. :}

Shopping King Louie
Jul 26, 2018
Shopping King Louie is literally the definition as to why I watch Korean dramas and I don't waste any more time on American TV shows. No, Shopping King Louie was not a "mature" watch, nor was it particularly unique. But the qualities it does possess are what make it perfection. Louie came from a wealthy family, so sure, he was spoiled, but he was far from a "bad" person. Actually, from the very first episode, he was extremely likable. Louie *was* humbled quite a bit due to everything he experienced while having amnesia, but it only made him a better-rounded person, it did NOT change him from a "bad" person to a "good" person, because he was already a "good" person. Bok Shil was so genuine and kind, but not to the point of frustration for the viewer. The romance between Bok Shil and Louie was innocent, sweet, and developed at a natural pace.

The side characters were all extremely likable, even Marie. The way the "greedy" family member is resolved truly broke my heart and how it was handled couldn't have been done better in my opinion.
The last episode had me in tears because it was heartbreaking and touching at the same time. I didn't expect everything to tie together the way it did in the end, but I'm so glad the writers had the forethought to wrap everything up the way they did.
There are no loose ends and I didn't find any plot issues that usually leave me questioning things. Everyone got an ending and the pacing was superb.

*And* EVERY SINGLE EPISODE HAD ME LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF. Which only added to the quality of the drama.
"Tiger Moth" by MONSTA X was an amazing OST and I keep listening to the original version as well as the acoustic because they're just so lovely to listen to!

I've seen Seo In Guk is some other dramas, such as Reply 1997, and while I adored his bashful and introverted character in Reply 1997, his silly and innocent character portrayal (completely different, mind you) was hilarious and expertly represented.
The only real memorable drama I remember seeing Nam Ji Hyun in was Suspicious Partner. Personally, I think she did a better job portraying such a kindhearted soul in Shopping King Louie than she did as an attorney in Suspicious Partner. Even though she really did do well in Suspicious Partner, I think I prefer the performance she made here.
This is definitely a drama I will rewatch in the future. I especially found the comedic moments to be so incredibly hilarious! Whenever Louie screamed usually due to a bug, would make me laugh out loud! His scream and high pitched voice when screaming was just sooooo funny!

My rating for Shopping King Louie is a solid 10/10 with absolutely NO reservations.
I would highly recommend the K-drama, Cinderella and the Four Knights as an equivalent to Shopping King Louie.

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim
Nov 27, 2018
So I picked up this drama FINALLY after hearing and reading many good things about it. Romantic Doctor Kim took me through a roller coaster ride of emotions; some characters I hated up until about episode 15, other characters I truly cared for, and it was THOSE characters that kept me watching this drama. The main reason why I probably continued watching this drama even though the beginning of it was so rough for me was because I have an extremely soft spot for medical dramas. They're my closet passion, so I think deep down I wanted to see what happened all the way to the end.

What made this drama so rough in the first half for me personally was the fact that I found Master Kim to be insufferable for more than the first half of this drama. It wasn't that I disagreed with his reasons for giving such severe "tough love" to the other characters, I just didn't agree with how severe and cut throat he addressed the desired character changes of the younger doctors he was trying to inspire to change. I think there were other ways for Master Kim's character to have been written that would not have made such an extreme impression. The fact that his character was written in such a rough and sharp fashion left me feeling bitter and angry on behalf of the other characters - which some people might say is a "good" thing because the writers got me emotionally involved, but to me, his character was enough to make me want to drop the drama. What actually kept me hooked was the young doctors aspiring to learn and specialize as well as the sick patients that came into the hospital requiring treatment. Which leads me to the acting in this drama.

The acting in RDK was phenomenal. All the actors, ranging from the main cast and supporting cast all the way to the guest roles who only played in one episode were absolutely moving in their roles. I truly cried nearly every episode which I simply attribute to the expertly chosen cast paired with the swelling soundtrack. The main actors did an exceptional job demonstrating raw emotions and character growth, which I found so incredibly awesome.

Honestly, I don't think I'll rewatch this drama. It wasn't that it was bad or that I disliked it as a whole, I just struggled getting through the first half that I'm not sure I can get through it all over again. I *did* enjoy the humorous moments scattered throughout the drama, but I wouldn't call this drama a romantic comedy at all. The drama touches on very serious and emotionally charged topics in every episode that truly break your heart. The first half of this drama is really what brings down the rating of this drama for me with the second half of this drama bringing up the rating significantly.

I think the people who will enjoy this drama are those people who have a severe hankering for medical dramas with melodrama. I would not recommend this drama for someone who wants a light, fluffy, romantic comedy medical drama.
Another drama with similar tones and motifs would be Pinocchio, which I think was much more successful in portraying the moral issues and dilemmas tackled in RDK.

Healer
Jul 3, 2018
Healer is a very good drama and Ji Chang Wook is a GREAT actor! The plot is interesting and the story is really moving. It does take a couple episodes to really get into the story, but once you meet Ahjumma and get to know both our MC's, it flows so much better. Honestly, I was more interested in the romance and relationship between the MC's rather than the mystery behind their parents and the group of friends from 20 years prior. The ending was super dooper sweet and cute, which left me super satisfied. I will probably watch again, but not necessarily soon. I really liked the comedy intertwined in the series. Beware: the plot may seem straight forward but it only continues to thicken.

The Last Empress
I started this drama out of shear curiosity and really got hooked on the super drama it ended up turning into. I loved the plot and the character dynamics and could not wait for the romance between the Empress and the Chief body guard/Na Wang Shik. But......
The ending completely fell apart. It was exceptionally disappointing. I hated the way the writers wrapped things up. Min Yoo Ra being raped was just too much for me. It didn't make sense - it was like they were trying to justify and redeem her being a horrible person (throughout more than 75% of the drama) by saying that she went through something horrible (rape *is* horrible, but there was no reason to add that to her story because her story already made justifiable sense). Her horrible actions and mentally was already explained through her thinking she was abandoned when pregnant. They didn't need to add such a cruel thing on top of it. It was unnecessary and honestly, for me personally, distasteful.

Another thing that was handled poorly and was a complete let down for me was how Na Wang Shik was not in the final episodes - it felt really REALLY wrong. He needed to be there some how. Flashbacks would have been a great addition to kind of bridge the gap of the actor's absence! It was like they were trying to get us to forget he ever existed in the drama....but he was present in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE so trying to brush off his character in the last 4 episodes was just stupid and not well compensated for.

A logical issue in the plot that I could not fathom was the culprit behind the death of the Grandmother/Grand Empress Dowager....or apparently a suicide. Even if her suicide was planned by the writers, it made NO LOGICAL SENSE. NONE. How would her suicide help ANYONE (her reasoning behind killing herself rather than being murdered by her own family members)? UGH that was soooo frustrating and stupid too.

In regards to the island the Empress Dowager wanted so badly..... I was thinking that the island was gonna have something extremely taboo, cruel and crazy - the poppies with the cocaine production just really didn't cut it for me. Yes, the human experimenting was awful, but I didn't understand the point to it. Why do experimenting on humans with poppy extract? What's the goal/purpose??? That was left unexplained, which made it feel like they never really knew what was on the island until it was time to reveal it and then they didn't come up with anything worthy of all the desire to KILL over.

The ending with the Empress Dowager killing her own son was goosebumps evoking. It just didn't make sense to me how they made it seem like in his dying breaths the Dowager didn't mean it.....she tried to blow him up like 2 days ago.....

It was also sad that the sister to the emperor was simply too dumb to get involved with all the crazy stuff and therefore never trusted to handle anything. It protected her in the end, but man she felt so betrayed and surprised/appalled at their actions. Poor thing.

I also didn't get why the Empress (Sunny) was made to look like she's going to miss the Emperor after his death/murder but not once does she seem to mourn or remember Na Wang Shik. How does that even make sense to them?! They were in frickin love! Everyone knew it, but thanks to the actor's inability to be present in the last 4 episodes they decided to pretend that they weren't leading to that the whole time?! Where was Sunny crying herself to sleep because she loved him and he died protecting her from the bomb explosion (which they didn't really explain well either, just kind of glazed over to get him out of the picture). That makes me so mad.

There was some dramatic irony of people walking around looking at "antique " stuff from in the palace. That had me cracking up.

What I can say about the ending that was good was at least Sunny always loved Ari and wanted to protect her, which she managed to do till the end. That's a plus.

You see and this is a prime reason why I never watched currently airing dramas in the first place! The ending to this drama was so awful that it ruined the whole drama for me, even though I absolutely loved mostly everything up until the way they started to wrap up the ending.
Sunny didn't get to be with Chun Woo Bin/Na Wang Shik (which I wasn't originally rooting for, but after all the implications, I found myself wanting them to end up happy together) and that kinda bugged me because they were definitely alluding to their romance. And then they took it away!

Also, what was UP with Sunny's hair cut in the end?! That style did NOT suit her. And I don't think a haircut automatically equals a progression/lapse in time so that was definitely unnecessary too (though, I'm totally nit-picking, so I'll stop there).

Overall, I want to say I enjoyed this drama more than I did, but the ending makes it something I do NOT want to rewatch. Even the epilogue scene was a let-down. It implied that the Emperor and Sunny were supposed to be together if they had met in another life in different circumstances, but the whole drama spent time showing us that they would never be together and Na Wang Shik was her *fit*.
While the drama was highly addictive and paced well, the way the writers chose to handle the drama extension and not having the actor for Na Wang Shik included in the final 4 episodes ruined everything. I think the writers really need to reflect on how they handled this drama (in plot), their characters (in development), and their actors.
I would only consider recommending this drama/rewatching this drama if there was an alternate ending including Na Wang Shik's character and their happily ever after (rather than the bittersweet ending we got).

Terius Behind Me
Dec 3, 2018
I actually buddy-watched this drama with a MDL friend (kingsqueen - thank you for all your patience while buddy watching this drama with me!) out of extreme anticipation and excitement for seeing So Ji Sub in a new drama (I fell in absolute love with him after seeing him in Oh My Venus). This drama started out with so much comedy, mostly through the KIS friends of the apartment homes and the twin children of our MC, Ae Rin. After Ae Rin and SJS's character, Bon, meet we see them slowly build a relationship. My heart melted constantly throughout each episode in the beginning just from watching Bon interacting with the twins in such gentle and caring ways.

Unfortunately about 3/4 through the drama the plot shifts and the children are taken out of the plot, which I think was a poor decision because their presence offered comic relief and something to gush over (the children actors were absolutely ADORABLE!). Things also got much more NIS involved, with the focus being more about spies and solving the case. I don't particularly mind this, but I very much preferred the plot prior to the shift in focus.

Something that REALLY bothered me was that the writers "killed" 1 particular character whom I grew to like and even though we end up finding out that that character isn't dead, I didn't appreciate the use of that trope personally.
There were also a few loose ends left unanswered, but nothing too terribly obvious, just things that left me pondering and wishing had been wrapped up better.

The soundtrack was very nice. I found that the music was well placed/timed and the music selection was appropriate in making me feel emotion during the right times. A personal favorite of mine was Shout to the Sky by Eun Sung - she has a beautiful voice and the tone is very fitting for the drama.

The main reason why I've rated this drama at a 7.5/10 is because it had so many sweet, lovely, and well-thought out pieces, but I don't think everything was put together and progressed seamlessly. For example, there are time jumps in the plot that are unspecified (the time jump duration is not stated) or they are somewhat random to conveniently move the plot, which I feel is poor planning and can be a bit sloppy and confusing, especially for the viewer. I am also absolutely disappointed in the fact that the romance that was alluded to throughout the entire drama was never truly resolved. There was no kiss to literally seal the relationship. And while many people might be okay with this, I really need more in a resolution to feel satisfied. And ultimately, the shift in the plot going from a lighthearted, comedic drama to a drama that became much more serious and mystery focused left me feel unsatisfied.

Overall, a good watch and something I would not be hesitant to recommend, but instead, explain it's shortcomings as a prelude as what to expect and encourage people to enjoy it for what it is. I will personally probably rewatch many of those comedic moments (mostly found in the first half of the drama, which usually involved the twin children) in the future simply because they made me smile and gush with happiness. :)

Because It's The First Time
Nov 6, 2018
So I ended up watching this all in one sitting and didn't expect to get so severely hooked to the story, characters, actors, and OST. The OST was refreshing and upbeat, which kept me tapping my foot to the beat while watching without being annoying. I really enjoyed the opening song too! Seeing all the actors smile to the camera along with the song had me smiling too for some reason! I also didn't know so many actors I thoroughly enjoy were in this one drama, specifically, Kim Min Jae, Lee Yi Kyung (after seeing him in Go Back Couple and Euchalala Waikiki, I'll watch anything he's in!), Cho Hye Jung, and Choi Min Ho. After seeing all these familiar faces in just the first episode, I new I'd absolutely love something about the drama. By the end of the drama, I was left with some mixed feelings because there are some things that I wish were done just a little differently OR as least clarify some things by creating a sequel.

I was so relieved and happy that the love triangle ended in the way it did, but I was also sad for the guy that didn't get the girl. I think I would have been left more satisfied if he had gotten some kind of happy ending rather than just him moving on in a bittersweet way. What made me so happy though about the love triangle resolution was that for once, the heroine wasn't jumping back and forth between men - she knew who she wanted and stuck to him and remained faithful through and through. And I respect the writers and the girl for that fact immensely. I think the writers could have simply improved the story (maybe by making the drama a little longer or making a sequel) by giving the other guy his own happy ending. Something else I'd have liked to see was the side character's relationship blossom too. Those are the reasons this drama didn't get a 10/10 from me - I think there were some areas it could have been improved to take it up to a higher level of satisfying.

Since it was such a quick watch and overall a good story, I'll probably rewatch it some day. An important thing to note is that this drama isn't really plot driven, but rather character driven, which I usually don't like. But for some reason, this story was written in such a straight-forward and quick-paced manner that I found it satisfying to (binge) watch.

Hit the Top
Nov 5, 2018
The Best Hit is one of those unexpected gems that you don't expect much going into it, but find it to be entertaining episode after episode. Plus, I was one of the fortunate viewers who shipped the two characters throughout the drama who did end up being together, which simply made me ecstatic!

The OST is wonderfully catchy - I've been listening to it's soundtrack DAYS later. I've also discovered new actors that I thoroughly enjoy and would like to see again in other dramas, specifically Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Min Jae (*love* his dimples!) and Cha Eun Woo.

This drama is very light with no real bad guys. I think the reason why I enjoyed it as much as I did is because it constantly had me laughing with the character's antics and incorporated comic-relief noises that simply made *me* feel lighthearted while watching. It's not the plot itself that's wonderful, but instead, the atmosphere the characters and *their* stories create. That's what hooked me and kept me watching happily till the end.

Switch: Change the World
Oct 8, 2018
I really liked Switch Change World. I was hesitant to watch it just because it looked kinda cheesy but I was pleasantly surprised. It has a great cast and I enjoyed the dynamics between all of the characters a lot. The soundtrack was also very enjoyable and catchy with songs I've sought out to re-listen to.

Overall, this drama had a well paced plot, there was a decent balance of lightheartedness and crime-action, and it had a good ending. There wasn't really any romance, but you could see the relationship budding and a true respect for each other developing. I would like to think that a romance is down the road in the hypothetical world of the drama world after the series officially ended. For those of you who absolutely need romance in your dramas, this might not be something that holds your attention. BUT, *I* am one of those people who really thrives off a romance in a drama and I enjoyed this drama quite a bit. The plot was so well-written that I was curious to see what happened in the next episode (there were no lulls in the action which kept me binge watching).

If you're not convinced about whether or not you should watch this drama, I'd encourage you to give the first 3 hours a shot and see if it hooks your attention after our conman and prosecutor start working together for real.

Eulachacha Waikiki
Sep 3, 2018
I was a little hesitant to watch Eulachacha Waikiki just because it didn't look like it would have much going on when watching trailers. BUTTTT after watching some "funny moments" on Youtube, I decided it looked humorous enough to give it a shot. And man oh man am I happy I did! I laughed during every single episode and not just "laughed" but truly had full belly laughs that would make my sides hurt and my eyes tear. I found the comedy to be extremely lighthearted and truly hilarious. The balance of comedy with the slice-of-life drama was perfect - when something got "serious" there was always something to help lessen the blow. The romance was predictable (I figured out who would be paired with who early on), but I didn't mind the predictability because the story was told in such a fun and light way, it made me happy to watch everything unfold. I loved watching the friendships (old and new) between all the characters as well as watching all the romances develop. I also adored baby Sol. Every time she smiled or laughed or simply came up on the screen I would want to cuddle her because she was so cute!

In regards to the actors, I think everyone did a pretty great job with their roles. The only person I had a bit of trouble with was Jung In Sun - she was a good actress, but I think she had some trouble showing us the inner turmoil and mixed feelings her character was having in regards to her love interest and so it made her difficult to read and interpret, especially early on. I think her acting and representation of her character significantly improved in the last quarter of the drama when compared to when she initially rejects her perspective love interest more toward the beginning of the drama.

What I really loved about this drama aside from the comedic aspects of the story telling, was how there was no "bad guy." There wasn't someone who was ridiculously malicious or evil for the sake of moving the plot. Everyone had well-rounded characters who all made mistakes and tried their best to fix them or make amends. The conflicts weren't drawn out or bogged down with melodrama, instead they resolved things relatively realistically (with of course, the comedic flare). Another point I'd really like to make in recommending this drama would be that every conflict was resolved. The drama is definitely slice-of-life, showing us how we might fight with our loved ones and how inevitably, we figure things out without super grudges or vendettas.

If you are a fan of the ABC Family, Baby Daddy, or simply enjoy slice-of-life with romance and some serious comedy with a non-rushed ending, I would highly recommend Eulachacha Waikiki. You won't regret it and you absolutely won't be able to stop binge watching it, so maybe start on a Friday night. ;P

You Who Came from the Stars
Aug 18, 2018
Okay. So I originally dropped this drama months and months ago because the first episode was just too over-the-top for me, which didn't appeal to me. Song Yi in the first couple of episodes was pretty intolerable because she was so arrogant and such an airhead, but as the story progressed, her character changed in realistic ways and she was likable by the end.
The story's plot really thickens around episodes 4-6 and that's when I finally got hooked and wanted to binge watch it as much as I could. Aside from the twisted plot that intrigued me, I also liked how Min Jun reminded me of Superman in many ways. I also felt that Jae Kyung and Min Jun were pretty well matched foes and so watching them struggling against each other had me on the edge of my seat.

I did almost, for a split second, have second lead syndrome because Hui Kyung was just so sweet and tender with Song Yi, so I was swayed during a couple of scenarios. But then I remembered and was reminded how Song Yi and Min Jun needed to be together, sooooooo yeah, I stayed on my ship XP

The most heart wrenching things for me were Hui Kyung and his family discovering the truth behind his older brother's death. I truly cried for Hui Kyung and his father.

I think the ending was pretty good, but I kinda wanted an even better ending; the ending is truly happy, but I just wanted a more "happily ever after" ending (you'll understand when you watch). For me, Song Yi and Min Jun went through so much hardship together, I just wanted things to end *perfectly* with no caveats.

This was my first drama with Kim Soo Hyun and I thoroughly enjoyed his acting. His little outbursts when Song Yi was just getting on his last nerve were so adorable. His crying was pretty well done too. I think I preferred Jun Ji Hyun in Legend of the Blue Sea, especially since I think her crying scenes were better in LotBS than in YWCftS, but that's just my personal opinion.
Park Hae Jin was probably my favorite actor in this entire drama because he portrayed Hui Kyung in such a raw manner that I couldn't help but love him and cry for him.

The soundtrack was well placed and appropriate, but not anything that I'm dying to relisten to.

Overall, I'm glad I decided to pick this back up because I really did love it. It's not one of my top favorites, but it's definitely something I would recommend to others, especially to those who enjoy Superman (he's my favorite superhero personally :)).

***As a complete side note that didn't impact my rating, but just something I noticed being in the medical field --- every time someone had a surgery or some kind of extreme injury, they recovered or healed or bounced back way to quickly in unrealistic ways. For example, Song Yi has at least 2 major abdominal surgeries in the entire drama and within days they show her sitting up on her own without wincing or crying out, implying that she feels no pain from the very recent surgery incision....which simply wouldn't happen because she literally had SURGERY - it wasn't just a scratch! I think to make the screen writing a bit more flawless, having more care with those scenes would have made it an even better drama.

Big
Aug 14, 2018
I liked Big overall, but there were some things that I noticed that I think could have been improved. The first 10 out of 16 episodes had some really comedic moments that helped balance some of the more serious topics, but then after episode 10, things became more serious and the drama as a whole lost its comedic flare that balanced how heavy the plot became, making it more of a melodrama than a comedy. Also, the drama was pretty fast paced up until episode 10 and then after that, everything was dragged out and the ending was just too slow in comparison to the rest of the pacing of the drama. I also feel like the ending scene where the MC's meet again was supposed to be symbolic, but ultimately failed in being poetic because by using Gong Yoo as the actor, it made it confusing for viewers to understand definitively what happened. I kinda feel like the writers kept Gong Yoo as the main visual for Gyeung Jun instead of using the little brother's actor was to try to distract viewers from how young the younger brother's actor looked that way viewers wouldn't notice the "nouna" relationship as much since Gong Yoo looks more mature and manly. Which leads to my question, why didn't they pick a different actor for the younger brother that looked a bit more mature instead of so pubescent?

I did enjoy the drama for what it was, but after episode 14, I kinda just wanted to skip to the ending and just see how it ended because I was getting bored. The writers essentially repeated the same conceptual conflicts between the two MC's to draw out the ending and that just made me bored. I also think that having Gil Da Ran deny her feelings once for Gyeung Jun was enough - there was no reason to have her confess her feelings and then when things got tough for her to go back on them, break his heart, and then boom, they love each other again. It was just too much of the same shit and I think there was a better way to go about getting to their happily ever after. Also, Gil Da Ran was way too gullible about Gyeung Jun losing his memories prior to the ending and that just got on my nerves.

Overall, I think the story was creative and the "plot twist" was believable (parents really do that to/for their children, as despicable as it is). I just think the plot and flow of the drama would have been better if they had maintained the comedic aspects throughout the entire 16 episodes and lightened up on the melodrama in the last 6 episodes.

What I did absolutely love was Gil Da Ran's brother. He was so sweet and caring toward his sister and exceptionally suave in his pursuit of Jang Mary. He never failed to make me giggle and wish that he were my little brother.
Something else I really appreciated was how Gil Da Ran didn't just all of a sudden develop feelings for Gyeung Jun and that their relationship developed over time. The writers also did a nice job showing how torn Gil Da Ran was in being unfaithful to her fiance instead of just jumping ship the second she began to waiver.
I also appreciated that Gyeung Jun tried his best to respect Gil Da Ran and Dr. Seo's relationship by not being overly aggressive in his pursuit for Gil Da Ran, so initially their relationship kinda fell into place. I do kinda wish that there were a couple more romance scenes with them though.

I probably wouldn't recommend this drama to anyone unless they were avid Gong Yoo fans, which my mother is, so she said even though she didn't like the ending, it was worth watching just to see Gong Yoo's hunkiness ;D.
Gong Yoo is an exceptional actor and did well portraying both Dr. Seo and Gyeung Jun's characters. He did a great job portraying an adolescent as well as being flirtatious and charming.
I'm not too much of a fan of Lee Min Jung, but she didn't do a bad job in this drama. I think she fulfilled her role decently.
It was weird to see Suzy playing the "bad" character even though she wasn't actually bad, she was just a character that wanted what she wanted and got what she wanted.

Anyways, this review on Big makes it seem like I didn't like it, but honestly, it was a good drama, I just think things could have been done a bit differently toward the end to make it better received and make more logical sense.

Sassy Go Go
Aug 8, 2018
I was not initially interested in watching Cheer Up/Sassy Go Go because it looked like any other over-dramatic prep school drama, but I've enjoyed Jung Eun Ji so much in previous dramas, I just had to see this one regardless of how uninteresting and/or stereotypical the synopsis sounds. Obviously I enjoyed the drama much more than I anticipated because I gave it a 10/10 score, and honestly, Cheer Up deserves it in my opinion. The characters had a lot more layers to them than your average "high school drama," which I liked because that better reflected how people really are. The conflict in the beginning between the "good" students and the "bad" students was not over-the-top which I also liked because sometimes those high school dramas can be too melodramatic or unrealistic to the point of being less enjoyable.

I really wish the synopsis for Cheer Up just had *more* in it so that way the vagueness didn't cause people to look past it. Cheer Up is all about what the synopsis says, but it's also so much more. Cheer Up is also about how people mature over time and through their experiences. Cheer Up is about how people from very different walks of life can be friends and care for each other. Cheer Up heavily supports good morals - if you have to hurt someone to get where you are/want to go, you're not doing it right. Cheer Up also has some sadder points that mostly revolve around how incredible pressure placed on people can make them miserable and cause them to make decisions they wouldn't make if they were adequately supported.

On a more specific level, the love triangle that takes place is sweet and sad at the same time, but don't worry, you won't be sad in the end. The teachers, Mr. Yang and Ms. Nam were such great role models and support systems as well as being entertaining characters to watch. All the loose ends to the story (even though Cheer Up is only a 12 episode drama) were tied up really well and in a good way.

The song, Hold On There, which was comprised of guitar sounds, whistling, and some humming was pleasant sounding and catchy.

Jung Eun Ji did a phenomenal job yet again in her role. For some reason, whenever she cries on screen, I can't help but get teared up too - great job Eun Ji!
This was my first time seeing Lee Won Keun, but I enjoyed his acting and role too! I've enjoyed Ji Soo yet again as well because he did a wonderful job in showing his transformation while working through his struggles. In all the other dramas I've seen Chae Soo Bin in, she's played a "good" character, so seeing her play the antagonist was odd, but I was also glad for her character's transformation. There was not one actor that I found to not be a good fit for this drama.

I will likely rewatch this drama in the future just to watch the characters grow again.

You're Beautiful
Jul 5, 2018
You're Beautiful was not a serious drama whatsoever. I enjoyed it for what is was, but it's probably not something I'd rewatch. Not because it wasn't any good, but just because there are so many other dramas I'd like to watch. I think the only improvement the entire drama could of had was involving the brother more throughout the plot physically instead of the simple mentioning of the brother when convenient for the plot. Overall, entertaining and some good, heart-wrenching scenes, with a pleasant ending.