Editorials
On City of Streamer • Mar 1, 2022
Title City of Streamer
Why the low rating? This drama is pretty good overall. The pacing for the last 2 episodes could be better but the plot is still intact. I enjoyed the storytelling and the cast (minus the ML) acted really well.
1 7
On Royal Feast • Feb 24, 2022
Title Royal Feast
At first I didn't want to watch this cos of the FL...don't like her. But I caved in cos I like Xu Kai and also period dramas majoring on food. Watched till ep 5 and can I say I'm hooked? The pace is good and the plot is interesting. Am curious how the love line between ML and FL will develop. Oh...the crown prince (Xu Kai's father) looks much older than his father though. LOL. Am I the only one thinking this?
2 1
Replying to shadowdreamer • Feb 21, 2022
Title City of Streamer
No, you're not wrong. It's a hit or miss for me too. I've read the novel so know there's reciprocal love between…
Interesting POV. I didn't see Si Teng in Shizhen. I thought Jing Tian played Shizhen very well. Her emotions for the ML are not overt but very naunced. I also thought she played out the torn emotions very well considering she started off as a spy and she obviously resented his dad.
1 0
Replying to Jaque • Feb 16, 2022
Title If You Wish Upon Me
i hope this drama will be good, because even though i really enjoyed his older kdramas like healer, the recent…
I love Lovestruck and quite like Backstreet Rookie. Lovestruck was pretty good and Backstreet was entertaining. Not bad at all. The only one I didn't like was Melting.
11 0
On Novoland: Pearl Eclipse • Feb 7, 2022
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
Was just going through this site and realized The Long Ballad is rated 8.7 but this drama is 8.3. I watched both and personally thought this drama is more epic than The Long Ballad. TLB's battle scenes were animated and I didn't like that much.
8 6
Replying to watchingdramas • Jan 3, 2022
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
To put into context, the other teacher disciple dramas that didn't do it for me were Journey of a Flower, One…
TBH, I dislike teacher-disciple love stories. I never watched the others...I dropped One and Only after a few episodes. So I cringed a little when I realized this is the storyline for NPE. But somehow, I was drawn to the drama. For me, the big draw was both the FL and the ML, who are my favorites. And it turned out to be great. Now re-watching.
2 0
Replying to Bibi960259 • Jan 3, 2022
Title Now, We Are Breaking Up
I wonder how SHK sees her acting. I also wonder if her team is brutally honest with her or do they sugarcoat them…
I've watched a couple of SHK's dramas and movies...up to DOTS. I gave Encounter a miss. She's not an exceptional actress but she's not too bad as well. I would rate her above average. But this one...I really don't know what happened. I watched 4 episodes and I have to say, something is amiss with her acting. I get this feel that everyone is being too respectful and as a result, just not giving their best and thus, the lack of chemistry. IDK. As for the drama, the earlier episodes that I watched were not too bad but I just wasn't motivated to continue.
0 0
Replying to hope • Dec 31, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
I just don't know what to say. Whoever, cast the male lead. You failed. Big time. Was this a casting with connections???…
William is a bigger star than the guy they cast opposite Yang Mi in Fuyao...at least in China. Anyway, cast and storylines are subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison. I like the cast and story.
2 2
Replying to strawberrysnoopy • Dec 28, 2021
Title Now, We Are Breaking Up
I feel like both of them can't really act well. HYE seems to always give some kind of life advice whenever she…
I feel he is holding back out of respect for her, which isn't professional. I used to like him as an actor but sorry to say, he has not shown much range in the recent shows including this one. I don't know what's up with SHK cos she used to act better.
9 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Dec 16, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
For William Chan, I recommend Mystic Nine. I tried Lost Love in Time but it's just not great for me. For Yang…
Right? He's rather charming. I really like him. And comparing him in Lost Love in Time, he played his role here rather aptly.
1 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Dec 15, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
For William Chan, I recommend Mystic Nine. I tried Lost Love in Time but it's just not great for me. For Yang…
I've seen William in movies I think back when he was acting in Hong Kong. When he moved to the Chinese market, I watched him first in Mystic Nine. But since then, I haven't found anything amazing in his slate until NPL. I tried Only Side by Side With You but couldn't finish it. William's acting skills are not exactly exceptional but he has an irresistible charm.
2 3
Replying to Peachgirl321 • Dec 15, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
So this is my first time watching a drama with William Chan or Yang mi. William Chan has quite a charm and Yang…
For William Chan, I recommend Mystic Nine. I tried Lost Love in Time but it's just not great for me. For Yang Mi, Eternal Love and Fu Yao.
1 5
Replying to gingerkiss • Dec 14, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse Spoiler
Oh that's interesting. I need to go watch that scene again. I'm still unsure about them having a child cos I haven't…
Thank you! Looks like it's true they have a child then. Likely all the time HS was telling FZ about having children, it was foreshadowing of this to come.
0 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Dec 13, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse Spoiler
Oh that's interesting. I need to go watch that scene again. I'm still unsure about them having a child cos I haven't…
Ahh...ok. I didn't access Weibo. I was keen to know what the Chinese themselves say about the "eldest son".
0 1
Replying to Eilidh Albrecht • Dec 13, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse Spoiler
I know that there has been some debate over whether or not HS and FJM had a child together at the end due to the…
Oh that's interesting. I need to go watch that scene again. I'm still unsure about them having a child cos I haven't seen any of the people talking about it in the Chinese drama community I follow. But maybe that's the interesting part...open up for interpretation.
0 5
Salty_bae • Dec 9, 2021
Article Currently Watching: Work Later, Drink Now
Enjoyed this drama! Although I watched it for the drinking, it is more than just about drinking. Didn't expect them to dwell into some of the deeper life issues.
2 0
Replying to Rami10 • Dec 9, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
slow,very slow story developing
I thought so many things were happening in the drama...wouldn't consider it slow but some scenes are well...maybe deem unnecessary depending on your preference.
1 0
Replying to Novoland: Pearl Eclipse • Dec 9, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
Replying to deleted comment
I've seen Evangeline's comments here and on other dramas. She's not a troll!
1 0
Replying to kit grouke • Dec 8, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse
Absolutely a master piece. Mu De Qing the MVP character. Shao Zi the coolest character. Yang mi, William Chan…
Yeah...a masterpiece. There were certain scenes unanswered but I suspect if they didn't cut out 7 episodes, the entire drama would be quite flawless. Really wish to watch the full 55 episodes without cut one day.
1 2
Replying to gingerkiss • Dec 6, 2021
Title Novoland: Pearl Eclipse Spoiler
I don't consider it tragic though cos they've always been satisfied just to be with each other. At least for Haishi,…
I see...okay, will go back to view those parts again. Thanks so much for explaining!
0 0