• Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

neaa

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Dear Sister
Dec 20, 2014
I haven't watched much of Japanese dramas, but the first episode got me hooked. It was a simple story, about two sisters. And for once I was more inclined on the family part than the romance.I started watching this because of Ishihara Satomi as I loved her in Rich Man Poor Woman, but I must say that all the actors have done a brilliant job in putting life to the characters. If you're looking for a small cuddly family drama with a pinch of romance, this is it.
The only problem with it was that they could have given some more time to some characters and the relationships. Somethings at times felt lost and unexplained.
But apart from that, this drama was sweet. I wish I had a sister. I won't say it is one of those extraordinary dramas, but its a simple story that you can relate to at times and which will move you to tears and make you smile all at once. Oh and I loved the music.

Game Sanaeha
Aug 19, 2018
First of all, to rate it only from lakorn perspective, it was a good lakorn. Tiring and frustrating - yes but still lot of good characters to distract you from the angst.

Story - 6.5
The FL is a rich spoilt brat and the ML is the most caring and forgiving person to ever exist in dramaland. Though the FL gets involved with the ML as a game but the ML is always sincere towards her. I cant really comment much without being spoilerish - but the story would have been better if they had improved the FL’s character a little. Overall, the message I got from the story is that no two relationships should be judged on the same parameters - just because two people started right doesn’t mean they can’t be wrong and just because two people started wrong, does not mean they can’t be right. Also, stop being arrogant and over-dramatic in life, Nai don’t exist for real.

Acting/Cast - Great acting by everyone. Jirayu has now become my favourite Thai actor (Sorry, Push). My favourite character was the Mom. She was clearheaded and no-bullshit and no - drama person. She did not ever let anyone get to her or destroy her awesomeness. I loved Nai’s character as well except that being so nice and forgiving is unrealistic. I cannot even imagine.

Music/Rewatch - Average.

If you’re a lakorn person, do try.

Confession of Murder
Apr 9, 2013
The best part about the movie is that you won't end the movie with the same conception that you began with. it's full of so many twists and turns that you're unlikely to predict the story. Brilliant acting and great suspense.
A murderer who escapes a brutal crime of 10 murders is free and famous. he writes a book admitting his crimes but there's someone else too who knows how the murders happened. So you keep clinging to your pillow till the end.
Park Shi Hoo.. there's something about his smile..it seemed so cocky and wicked.. loved him!!
Do watch!
Gomenne Seishun!
Jan 21, 2015
Do you have regrets from the past? Things left unsaid or sorrys undelivered? This drama is all about that.
I really connected to the drama since I was in an all-girls school and the concept of uniting two schools into co-ed sounded fun to me. And the best part is that they made it fun. All the students were shown struggling with their own battles, and I really loved how they together with the teachers could sought them out. I loved how the teacher was more of a friend to the students. It was really touching to watch him struggle to atone for his mistakes by making sure that he could bring happiness to the school.
I am in love with Nishikido Ryo. He was adorable! I don't really fall for sissy characters but he totally won me over. The way he adapted into the role of an innocent teacher trying his best while carrying the weight of the past was commendable.
Amazing acting and perfectly executed script. Though in the beginning I thought it was slightly perverted, there wasn't a second that I got bored.
It had a lot of good things to learn but what I found best was: Stop carrying the baggage from your past. If you have to say sorry, say it soon. If you want to say i love you, say it soon. Because with time, others might forget your mistakes, but you won't. You will have to live with them every single day. So the sooner you let go, the better, and then you can happily spend the rest of the time making things right. I loved how Hara Sensei turned into this incredibly amazing person with a warm heart in order to make up for his mistakes but through out the series I wished he didn't have to suffer so much.

A must watch! Beautiful story. Beautiful Cast. Beautiful Acting. Beautiful emotions.

Jinx!!!
Dec 31, 2014
A very simple story wrapped beautifully.
It's a story of two shy people who are unable to confess to each other despite their obvious feelings and an exchange student who plays cupid and is also struggling for a closure to her own love story.
It is a slightly slow paced romance but it is really warm and comforting and a little sad at times. I loved the acting and the external movie references to some of my favorite romantic movies.
A perfect pick for an idle day. I don't think I'll rewatch it but I surely enjoyed it.
I Will Teach You Love
Apr 6, 2013
At the beginning it may seem like a cliche Dating consultant falls in love with the client kind of movie, but there's more to it. the little things that you see in the beginning will have greater meaning in the end. Smooth sailing yet twisty.. this movie has some really sweet moments.
Admirable story and plot!
Lost and Found
Jan 5, 2013
It's a heartwarming and funny movie. not a lot of twists and turns.. just a fuzzy movie to lighten your mood. at times, it makes you hold your stomach with laughter and then again it makes you wonder if love is really comprehensible. i loved Jo han sun. he was sweet and adorable and made me wanna hug him!
Come and Hug Me
Jul 22, 2018
Why you should watch Come and Hug me?

1. Amazing Cast - I know Nam Joo Hyuk and Suzy were being considered for this show. But sorry, I don’t think they could have brought the intensity that this cast did - especially the FL. JKY and JKJ might be newbies, but the kind of emotions that they conveyed through their expressions, with no words needed, was commendable- the evil smile that Na Moo would break into or the confidence that Nak Won would wear, these two people were made for this role. And the child actors - oh my god - they are a new generation of Ji Sung and Jung Eum coming up- so much potential. I think the child actors were the best part about the drama. All the supporting cast and villains were also incredible.

2. Story - The truth has been spoken - Romance Thrillers are my favourite genre. The drama was not fast paced but was not boring. It was full of emotions - no cliches. I loved how noone blamed anyone and tried to fight for each other’s happiness. This is melodrama done right.

3. Cinematography - I loved the settings - Cherry blossoms and house on the hills. Even when there was eerieness, it was worth watching.

If you are looking for something to watch, please try this. Highly Recommended.

Kekkon Shinai
Mar 12, 2013
The story is simple and that is why it is particularly nice to watch. it tells about marriage, love and friendship- the three main ingredients of one's life but still the title says it's about the life of a single. it is. it tells about how marriage has become a chiche affair and how it's more important in life to find one's direction and love.
Excellent acting. Tamaki Hiroshi looked really handsome and sweet. and the girls or should i say the ladies were brilliant.
this isn't one of those chirpy high school dramas. so if you're looking for one, it might be the wrong place. this one is more mature and deep. a little slow at times but each episode has a lesson to learn!

Full House
Dec 4, 2012
this was my very first korean drama and as a result i'm a korean drama addict. this show is attention grabbing from the very first episode.i know contract marriages are drama cliche and unlikely to happen in real life but the acting of the leads i.e.Rain and song Hye Kyo is so natural that you can actually relate to the characters and feel their joy as well as agony.
Song Hye Kyo, for me , is by far one of the prettiest girls on earth. you'd be missing on some really good story and music, if you still haven't watched this one. "i think i love you" by Byul is one of my favorite korean music.

Dear Ex
Feb 2, 2019
Story (8) - The story is about a boy who is living with his overprotective mother who becomes naggy and close to paranoid after her husband left her for a man. He then finds out that his father left his insurance money to his partner on his death. While the mother chases the lover for the money, we understand both his and her circumstances.

Acting (9) - Roy at his best. From being aloof to bringing you down to tears, I fell in love with him.

Overall (8)
The movie was short and simple but touching. We can define a boundary for right and wrong but most of the time, it is just grey. A man who has a hard time accepting his sexuality, and he rejects the guy he loves to marry a woman, only to abandon her for his lover later. Not justifiable but understandable. But what was the woman’s fault or the lover’s? Both were left at love’s disposal. This is not a spoiler but basically the pretext. The movie is just an emotional ride to understanding how every one is just trying to be happy.

Spellbound
Jan 20, 2013
A really amazing movie with a perfect blend of horror, romance and comedy! wow.. who would have thought these three genres could ever be mixed and that too so well. Son Ye Jin is an incredible actress all the time, and i must say she's one of the few korean actresses who kiss well. but Lee Min Ki surprised me. He was cute and adorable and the expression when his shirt is ripped was priceless!
This is one of those movies which should not be missed. it scares you one second and makes you laugh in the next!
My Love, My Bride
Mar 11, 2015
I just finished the movie and I am smiling. And isn't that what makes a movie good?
It was a simple story of how to make a marriage work. Its not always rainbows and butterflies, but as long as one is true to their loved ones, there is nothing that cannot be accomplished. And that's love.
The acting, music and story were realistic. No twists and turns. No villains. It was calm and smooth sailing.
It could have been better but overall, It was a happy movie.
The Innocent Man
Dec 5, 2012
a very touching melodrama on how bad a revenge can get. Park Shi Yeon has showed some excellent acting skills as a villain to the point where you actually start hating her character Jaehee. and then we have our feathers on the hat, Song Joong Ki and Moon Chae won who are exceptional actors and displayed one of the strongest characters.
the story revolves around love and vengeance. Kang Maru and Seo Eungi wrong and be wronged while Jaehee is probably one of the most pitiable yet evil vamp in k-drama history. do watch
Uchi no Otto wa Shigoto ga Dekinai
Jun 9, 2018
Story (9) - It is a very simple story about an ordinary couple making the best of work and life. Though I have trouble with the whole housewife image, dramas push on women, but this drama depicted that in a very positive light. While a husband tries his best at work, a housewife tries her best to keep him going. It is the little things like a lunchbox that really show how much a woman cares for you. And it is as difficult being a housewife than being at work. This show perfectly showed how two people complement each other, motivate each other and what it truly means to be a partner for life.
Life hack- Everything can be solved, if you just talk it out.

Acting/Cast (10) - Nishikido Ryo is my favourite Japanese actor. He is also the only actor that can make me cry - just by his expressions. And he did not disappoint me. Mayu was a treat as well, and despite the age gap, their chemistry was heartwarming. Also, all the side characters were lovable - despite their quirks. From an acting standpoint, you could feel the emotions properly conveyed.

Music (9) - This show has small musical dream segments in between. Most of them starting with the line - “He had the eyes of a deadfish”. At first, I did not know how to take it in, since it felt a little over the top but later I was looking forward to them. The music was catchy and they were hilarious. I have been replaying them now.

Rewatch Value (8) - Maybe some fine day, when I am not feeling good, I’ll rewatch this to warm me up.

Overall (9) - It is a perfect, feel good, slice of life drama. If you’re looking for a story with plot twists and melodrama or villains, this has none of it. It is just an everyday journal of two ordinary people trying to make each other happy.