Netflix is doing it again with terrible translations. I don’t understand Korean but when you watched enough…
I agree. Translating is not just substituting corresponding words.
They should always partner teams of bilingual translators for each language. Eg. A Korean-speaking native English speaker will catch things that the English-speaking native Korean translator will miss, and vice-versa. How else can they find an appropriate idiom?
while I agree that its sad he is no longer around, in the end it was his choice to end his life, that is truth
You must have a cold—perhaps cruel—heart if you can post that without even acknowledging the circumstances which led a beloved individual to the place where he believed that suicide was his best & only option.
Why wasn't Dynamite Kiss scheduled to end in December? Because it didn't conclude until January, TIME magazine had to give the best K-Drama of 2025 award to When Life Gives You Tangerines. This drama wasn't even in consideration!
really funny,,, the acting of the main characters is really good,,, the director is very good,,, the writer is…
I think something happened to interfere with the writing. The first two episodes were excellent, as was the writer's debut drama (Mystic Pop-Up Bar).
I imagine a scenario where the writer wrote the first two episodes on her own before signing a deal, and subsequently receiving pressure from the studio and/or Netflix to hurry up and/or makjang it up, resulting in the poor quality overall.
CM reminds me of a character from that cooking anime (Food Wars) who copies his opponent's original dish but adds just a small strategic change to steal the win.
They should always partner teams of bilingual translators for each language. Eg. A Korean-speaking native English speaker will catch things that the English-speaking native Korean translator will miss, and vice-versa. How else can they find an appropriate idiom?
More episodes would be welcome. I'd enjoy a return of the restaurant wars competition from S1.
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
https://news.mydramalist.com/article/when-life-gives-you-tangerines-ranked-the-best-k-drama-of-2025-by-time-magazine
I imagine a scenario where the writer wrote the first two episodes on her own before signing a deal, and subsequently receiving pressure from the studio and/or Netflix to hurry up and/or makjang it up, resulting in the poor quality overall.