Haeundae

• Ranked: #2051

zareba
May 8, 2011
Water is one of the most powerful element on the planet. When it's peaceful and calm, it can be a joy to swim in and have fun with family and friends; when it's pissed off, you best better get the heck out of the way because it'll be your last breath of air you'll ever take. This is truly an entertaining film depicting the awesomeness power and nature of water. In many ways, this movie reminds me of the American film 2012 when the tsunami was coming towards land in China and India...totally scary!!! If you ever find yourself in such a situation, you either pray like hell or run like hell!!!

One thing I want to say is that we humans are great architects...we can create many wonderful and big skyscrapers...ultimately creating a huge city of wires, bricks, cement, glass, plastic and metal (also known as concrete jungle)...all the more easy to trap us in our own devices and creation when all hell breaks loose...it's quite ironic, I think...

What I like best about this film is that it shows the very nature of man...just how prideful, hateful, selfish, loving, and caring we can be when disaster strikes...what I dislike most is that when good people try to take steps to warn the masses to save lives, there's always these hateful people who get in the way, and on top of that no body listens...but when hell breaks loose, then everyone panics and kill each just to save their own skin...and afterward, of course comes the finger pointing (a.k.a putting the blame on someone)...if there's one thing we humans don't ever learn...it is from our past mistakes.

On the level of emotion, this film have its moment of great sadness, fear and comedy...it'll make you feel sad, scared, happy and laugh at different points in this movie...which I think is a good portrait of how people react in real life situation and circumstances of this magnitude.

eiyaah
Sep 24, 2012
another nice movie...i waited this for 1 week just to see the tagalog sub , worth waiting it gives me my emotion in the next level... i really cry lot ! the effect is not that extremely great but it's ok! you will still love the movie! well i like that every character has there own individuality that the story is happening in real life!!(one of the reason that i like the movie) but the role of kim in kwon is the one that really moves my heart!!! the fact that some people can save so many people but yet there own family they can not save! moving my tears while watching his part crying embracing his mother's picture ... ohhhwww :'( and just confusing why? o why? the father and the mother of the young girl died while there are in the top of the building they don't do anything and ha ji won and her boyfriend just in the lower part of the area..hmmppp and there survive hehe any way... nice movie! ;)

PrashastSingh
Aug 8, 2018
Positives:

-Sol Kyung-gu is impressive as always. Ha Ji-won is highly impressive as well. Rest of the cast also does a near-perfect job.
-The action/disaster scenes of the film deserve a special mention as they are very neatly executed.
-Visual effects are pretty impressive and enhance the film's entertainment to a great extent.
-The emotional scenes are impactful and have been executed with excellence.
-The story is quite good and the message of the film is appealing.

Negatives:

-The only negative is that it takes too long to arrive at the main point. Although the first half does showcase some good character development and makes us understand them even more, the comedic bits are at times overdone and could've been easily done away with. In short, it's only the editing which is a major flaw.

TIDAL WAVE is adecent disaster film which does take its own sweet time to build up, but it makes sure to reward the viewer for his/her patience, in the second half with excellent visual effects and action scenes.

Feb 23, 2017
A film on average, more for less than for more, a medium production with rough failures and almost without pros.
Negativity is one of the strong points, to begin with, those ladder type metal brackets on the light poles were placed purposely, they do not exist, there are scenes that are clearly perceived to have originally not existed.
A wave of that magnitude is not capable of sweeping buildings of that height, the windows and doors are a shock absorber, or even with great force the water could not in any case overturn those buildings, the detail is that many other buildings that should not Having been swept away, were swept away by the waves.
That cargo ship, facing the wave by applying the laws of physics, would not sink, but would turn and be dragged.
The special effects are a show apart, a show of horrors, very badly done, has scenes that is not a movie but a CGI animation.
In the rescue the steel cable breaks, as it is possible a steel cable to break up with 2 people weighing approximately 180KG, that steel cable would support up to 1.5 tons, people detail, the steel cable was new!
End of the movie, that red fabric flies in the wind, but how? Not selling at that moment, just repair the fabric of the adjacent boat, they are still.
From bad to bad, the positivity is in the story that is not bad but poorly executed, and also liked the scene where the protagonist asks the protagonist in marriage, loved, the guy did well. Overall it is not a bad movie, good to watch when there is no other so watch it!