Divorce Lawyer in Love

• Tags: Cold Female, Office Romance
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

alienshore7
Jun 17, 2015
This will not be my usual drawn out review. I just know that this drama hasn't gotten much love and I actually think it's a much better romcom and drama than many more popular ones. The plot in particular being a nice cohesive whole that seemed to be pretty well-thought out from beginning to end was refreshing.

Aside from the plot being quite well put together, the last episode was extremely good by Kdrama standards (and if you watch a lot of Kdramas you know what I mean about their endings often being a trainwreck). And this also belies the plot being well-thought out.

I also liked the actors. I didn't see great chemistry between the leads but it was enough to find them a cute couple and individually I liked their characters a lot. In particular I liked (and was surprised by) a decision made by the female lead near the end that I really didn't expect, and how that decision bolstered the theme of the entire show. The theme and "lesson" of the show regarding the nature of marriage/romantic relationships. I'm not going to say what the theme was, but suffice it to say it was strung together throughout the whole drama in a nice way and they never deviated from it, which is why the plot feels so cohesive.

All in all, this was never "must watch" for me, but on the other hand, I really appreciate that it did some things right regarding theme and plot that so many dramas fail to do.

Momoninefive
Jun 11, 2015
Yes, from the very first episode the main female lead, Go cheok Hee will come off as a bratty and annoying person, however that's how most of the time dramas start off with characters. It is very obvious that the person will start to grow and learn to be better. therefore its better not to jump to conclusions by watching only the first few episodes.

Overall, the whole story is actually pretty interesting, funny, and many scenes make you squeal. It's nice and light, not too dramatic, like the second female lead isn't your cliche evil person who plays dirty tricks on the main female lead. same for the second male lead.

The music is really nice and goes well with the moments. I personally really liked this drama, finishing a drama is really hard for me, and I usually drop them when I don't like them or I think they're dragging, but this drama wasn't like that. It's really enjoyable. I love all the characters and I hope you will too.

Short review but hope it helped.

Migz Tan
May 7, 2015
The story is quiet interesting and funny but the problem is only for the lead female cast ( Go Cheok Hee ) I don't like the idea of being such a thick faced and stupid brat character and the way she protrays it is so annoying. I want to slap her and I dont know if I can finish this drama I fell bad for Yeon Woo-Jin he is my favorite actor. I know the lady just portray her role but the she is not fit to have it. Maybe Jun Ji Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin and Yang Jin-Sung will justify the character without the feeling of being annoyed.