Seven Days: Monday - Thursday (2015) poster

Ichaa96_
May 9, 2016
I watched this around 3 months ago,This is one of the most beautiful BL movie that i had never seen..

This movie has 2 part..first part of this series tells about Touji as the junior,who is popular as one-week man,dates with his senior,Yuzuru.Touji always accepts anyone who asks him to go date and will give answer 1 week after.Actually,he has crush on Shino.But as the time goes by,their relathionship getting serious...

Actually i'm a takumi-kun series hardcore (not series 1)..And after long time,this movie makes me get the same feeling when i watched takumi-kun <333

I hope this review will help you guys...don't forget to watch both of part of this movie ^^

asuka
Apr 11, 2017
An outstanding movie that features the romance between two high school boys.
Any BL fan would enjoy it. If you are looking for smut, this might not be for you as it focuses more on a romantic relationship rather than a sexual one. I would recommend this to those who are part of the LGBT community as well, as someone who is queer.

This story is really really cute. At first, I didn't like it because I thought it was going to be one of those cheesy BL stories that fill me with anger and hate. But it wasn't like that. The plot was very original compared to other BL stories I have read about, or even watched. I enjoyed every second of this movie, and wondered what would happen next. It was very unpredictable for me.

The biggest part in this movie that I would say had the hugest impact on me would be the characters. I felt like I could connect with them, I wanted to cry with them and laugh with them. The acting was so good. The silence in the movie had a huge effect on how I felt, and their relationship seemed so realistic. I could just feel their emotions. I found myself loving the characters as I kept watching and loved how we got to learn about their past a bit. There was a lot of character development. It was interesting to see how these two characters were exploring their sexuality.

Although the story mostly had instrumental music, I think it suited the story. It helped create the mood in the story as I kept watching and contributed to my enjoyment of the drama. The music is not very memorable though.

I would definitely rewatch this again. I hope they'll create a third movie maybe, or even a drama that continues this story... the ending is satisfying and I loved it. It was perfect, it hurts, but I love it.
Although this may not focus on the issues that LGBT people face, I think it's a wonderful love story. It was not forced, and seemed very consensual to me.

I'm definitely a huge fan of this movie now.

heerayni
Jan 10, 2018
If you are a veteran BL fan like me, or quite the opposite, or just a fan of good ole' romance, you will love this movie.
I watched this for the first time a year back and though at that time I found it Okay, it stuck with me for some reason. So I decided to sit down and watch it again a few days back and let me tell you, this movie improves ten-fold on the re-watch. Once you get into the sensitive pace of things as they unfold in this movie, you will really feel the gravity and the attraction that makes it feel like a sweet dream unfolding in front of you in slow-motion.
I hear a lot of people say that Hirose is stiff, and strange in the role, I admit, he seemed that way to me in the first viewing too, but when I watched this again, I realized just how nuanced and quietly emotional he is as Seryou. Seryou is beautiful, aloof to most, strange, sensitive and lonely. He is a beautifully perfect foil to Yamada's rough, pretty, misunderstood and straight-forward Yuzuru. The chemistry is there definitely, and is used just the right amount to make your heart beat a little faster every time their eyes linger on each other.
This is a beautifully shot movie, a slice of spring in the city and timelessness of youth and that first love's blossom is so beautifully shot and carefully executed, but what really brings the whole things together, and stayed with me (which I did not realize a year ago at all) is the gorgeous music in the film. Keep an ear out for it, because it is subtle enough to never over-power any scene but once you notice it, it is so perfectly matched in its delicacy, modernity and sweetness that it will definitely pull at your heart-strings.
The reason I take away half a mark from this perfect little gem is the kissing. Its a little lacking, not in passion but in the act itself. The buildup to it is perfect but the action itself feels as if there were some constraints, which is strange. Choices were made that were not necessarily the best.
Overall, 7 days is a sweet, delicate, atmospheric romance that is classic and modern at the same time.
Two thumbs up!

Odessa Jones
Mar 3, 2018
I sometimes dislike the movie adaptations of BL manga (see my review of Doushitemo Furetakunai). But I loved this one so much. Why? The original manga had a good story but uninteresting, standard-issue artwork. The movie took the best parts of the dialogue and combined them with elegant, beautiful visuals that brought out the themes. The result was so hypnotic I had to watch it twice in two days (together with part 2, Friday-Sunday).

The only minor weakness here is that I wish the two parts were presented as one continuous movie. The ending of part 1 is great, though, and both parts are equally strong. I'll write more about pt 2 in a review for Friday-Sunday.

Daisuke
Sep 21, 2016
Beautiful sensitive movie. See my review of Fri-Sun. The whole thing had me almost in tears by the happy ending. Brilliantly acted, you really felt for these boys. Probably the best BL movie I've seen to date. Plus they are both so good-looking, Hirose Tomoki especially in the movie (is it the same person in the biog? it doesn't do him justice).
crimson613
Mar 20, 2017
I wrote a review/comparison of the live action and the manga on my blog
I do go more into detail there: http://wp.me/p87mzW-5Z6

Story (10/10)
I really enjoyed the premise of dating for seven days and finding out if you do or don't like the person you're with. Personally, I do think 7 days is enough to know if you do or don't want to continue a relationship, especially if you're hanging out so often, which is how Yuzuru and Seryou were. I loved their interaction

Casting (10/10)
I originally read the manga first and casting is one of those big issues I have when stuff gets live action adaptations. I honestly didn't have an issue here as the actors fit Yuzuru's pretty features and Seryou's handsome/playboy look

Acting (6/10)
I did have some issues with the acting. One of Yuzuru's biggest features, aside from having a pretty face, is his expressiveness. I didn't feel Yamada James Takeshi captured that in his acting. In fact, his expressions didn't really vary to me. Hirose Tomoki did a better job, only because he had more unique expressions (the smirk, the swagger), but I also think he could have done better. Unlike other dramas I watched, the acting here was more realistic and more in line with what you would see an everyday person doing

Music (7/5)
I have no complaints but nothing stood out either

Rewatch Value (8/10)
I do think I could rewatch this, however, not immediately. It is short enough where it doesn't feel like you're stuck to a TV for too long and it ends at a place where watching this in 2 sittings isn't awkward

Overall (8.5/10)
I'm a huge fan of this story and the manga, and to see it faithfully following the manga really made my day! I do seriously think the acting could have been better and it does give off the feeling of being low budget, but still I recommend checking it out. Especially if you like Boy's Love

TheLittleChampion
Apr 14, 2016
I'm going to be completely honest here. I've watched a lot of gay themed movies (like seriously A LOT), which gives me a lot of comparing options. But this movie got me (almost) from beginning to end.

It's a very cute story and I'll assure you that you will feel sympathy towards the characters. You're hopes will be up and crashed down again, but it'll be worth it, especially after watching Friday - Sunday.

It's definitely a feel-good movie, so grab some popcorn and relax. Let the movie guide you along this beautiful story of two boys who fall in love - unexpectedly.

Cornchips
Mar 24, 2019

Worth Watching

I found this movie in youtube recommendation, then i watched it. Wow suprisingly it was good!

What the most i love about this movie is about the story, they have good storyline! The background of this film made me think it was an old movie, but this is my first japan movie after so many years i never watching j-drama/movie again, j-drama/movie never changed at all, that's why i like it. The music is also played beautifully, it fits perfectly well with the story.

Anyway, this movie took me into Japan BL world, i met : Takumi-kun the cutest uke in bl world because of this movie! thank you! ^^

beatriz
Oct 22, 2018
This was, undoubtedly, the best bl movie I've ever seen. The romance is sweet, it's entertaining and exciting all along... Can't believe I didn't watch it sooner! I'm going to watch the sequel (Friday---Sunday) right after finishing writing this review. Soooo cute, it warmed my heart. I hope it ends well for them. I'm rooting for this relationship! They seem to be healthy for each other and are making the other person experience different things. I love the cast too. I'll write another review after watching the second part ^^.
tmb516
Jul 3, 2019
I loved the movie. It was a nice change of pace to see a BL movie focus on the feelings that develop. I found myself getting more and more drawn in as it went along. I wasnt even paying attention to the time or anything. When the end came my heart sank a little because we never find out if they get together after the week is up or not. I wanted to cry a little. I need to know if there is a second part? A series? SOMETHING!!!!! I really loved this movie. I was worried that Shino would change after the kiss, but was so happy when he didnt. In fact his attitude after that made me happy. It felt like he was becoming more of the boyfriend than before. Will keep it bookmarked to watch again and again. *Just went back and seen that there is a sequel. Looks like no sleep for me tonight. AWESOME!!!!!

Takeryojo
Apr 10, 2019
It was very good. I really felt the emotions the actors portrayed throughout the movie. It was so good that I had to rewatch because I couldn't forget the emotions I felt and the scenes,like it was always in my head when I think of Bl. For me everything was just right. The flow of the story,the music in each scene and the acting skills of the actors. What really amazed me was the story. 7 days were enough to make them fall in love with each other. The connection and their experiences. It was so good.
Megan
Oct 8, 2016
A great romance movie. I don't seek out BL stories, but will watch them if they appeal to me on the same ground as any other romance. This one has a great rom-com setup with the two leads: One guy has a rough personality at odds with his angelic face which leads to him being very disillusioned with physical attraction after constantly being rejected for who he really is (as opposed to his looks). The other guy is so desperate to love someone and be truly loved in return that he is willing to give it a try with...well anyone who asks. The setup leads to a lovely and believable story of two people finally finding acceptance and love. The problems they deal with in this and the second part (Friday-Sunday), are born from their different interpretations of how their relationship started and their own insecurities.

The acting is nicely done and the cinematography is good with some really nice visuals.