Boys Love (2006) poster

GirlOfTheEast
Jan 16, 2013
It started out well and then it just went downhill. It was such a disappointment in the end.

The acting was really unnatural, especially the two male leads. When they cried and laughed it was so forced. Some scenes were also very fake. They were handsome and that's about it. You can't survive on eye candy alone. Even the side characters acted better.

The whole idea of the plot was good, when you read about it. But when you watch it you're like "what's happening?". They rush from one scene in the other. The story was really mixed up.

I hated the ending. The story ended when it just began. I want to complain more about the ending but I don't want to add any spoilers.

Totally wasted my time. It was my first boys love movie and I really regret watching it. I'm not recommending this to anyone, really.

Btw: I'm an artist and they really ridiculed a real artist :(.

XiaoMei
Aug 4, 2011
Undoubtedly, Kisaragi and Mamiya are cute couple. The boys learnt something from each other. Even the beginning suggets, that the end will be tragic or dramatic.. but this is that charm. There aren't typical, schematic happy end. Mamiya... I didn't suppose that he will finish in this way..

The quotations about love, screening during the movie makes, that whole includes deeper meaning. Great film!
LydiaR
Dec 8, 2016
Within the first five minutes of this movie it already took a deep twist and plummeted at full speed. I was shocked at what happened in literally the first scene of the movie. I wouldn't really watch this again.
setsuhikarin
Jan 3, 2018
I have decided to watch this movie, because of the name - It was very clear and since I was looking for something from the BL genre, this seemed like a great idea. Long story short, it wasn't.
The movie's runtime is 1 hour and 30 minutes. It took me 5 days to finally finish it. At first, after reading all the negative opinions about this movie, I thought to myself that it's not that bad. But as it continued, it only got worse and worse. Maybe it was just because I couldn't watch it all at once, or the plot really wasn't that good and it was just CONFUSING.

What I liked:
- Actors. They were pretty handsome, Mamiya and Noeru. But I guess it was only their looks..
- The quotes. Probably the only thing I was looking forward to through the entire movie.
- It made me laugh. They called Noeru a good artist, damn, making me seem like one of the top artists, too, then. Sorry not sorry. It was ridiculous.

What I disliked:
- "All gay men only care about sex and are very rapey." vibe it gave off
- That awful plot twistey ending it tried to be, but failed
- Very forced acting. When you see Mamiya laugh, you just cringe. It was THAT bad.
- Trying too hard to write a tragic story .... I mean, give the characters a break.
- The amount of times I've seen Noeru's butt. First time, good. More than once in a span of an hour? Bleh.
- Way too unrealistic in small details. If I wanted a plot like this, I'd rather pick up some manga or watch anime, but in movies, it's not enjoyable.

But hey, for each our own. :) Maybe even though I didn't enjoy this movie, you could! I think I just had very different expectations. :)

Psychosinner
Jun 13, 2019
There was a kind of beauty in that ending but other than that it was like watching a B movie. While I felt for some of the things the characters went through the rest was really just like tasting cardboard, there was some substance as the conflicts were narrated by the quotes but it fell short of providing any real depth to the story or to the characters. Everything was a bit fake. And at least when you watch a b movie you get your doze of violence, and skin ship, and otherwise mature scenes, but there was not enough of anything and even though they tried to make that one rape scene graphic it wasn’t enough to make you have any strong feelings for the main lead. I personally was disappointed because there's so much potential in the role of a seducer, it can be exciting and full of drama but this one completely missed the mark.