Because I Love You

• Movie: Because I Love You
  • Country: South Korea
  • Release Date: Jan 4, 2017
  • Duration: 1 hr. 50 min.
  • Genres: Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Melodrama
  • Tags: Body Swap
  • Rating: 13+ - Teens 13 or older

Heenim382
Feb 26, 2017
Here's a better summary for you: After an accident, the soul of Lee Hyeong continuously possesses the bodies of a wide range of characters. What these characters have in common is that they're all struggling with love. Lee Hyeong attempts to mend said love while in search for his own identity.

This is a fairly slow-paced movie, and it may be a great choice if you're having a peaceful weekend and you which to watch something that doesn't require a lot of focus. It is an enjoyable movie which may leave you feeling pleased and happy for all or some of the side characters - I say side characters because this is a movie that doesn't follow just -one- storyline; it moves from one couple to another, all as Lee Hyeong moves on to other bodies. Because of this, it felt more like watching a bunch of shorter movies than one movie as a whole. That said, I felt like it lacked a bit of a main purpose.

Yet again, I would recommend to watch it, for one of those calm evenings when you just want something to relax to.

cassey
Apr 4, 2017
The director has to juggle 5 plot threads in almost 2 hours. The movie handled this well, I appreciated the tales even with their limited time, as k-stories always shine when they’re simple relatable narratives of pure love and good humor. The film avoided getting messy which worked both to its advantage and its detriment. As it didn’t have time to delve into something deeper, it failed to tug my heartstrings, and left some unexplained things. The ensemble cast is stellar, starting with a good performance from ever likable Cha Tae Hyun. Overall Because I Love You is enjoyable enough to spend a few hours with, but you’ve probably already forgotten it once you pick up your next k-ent fix.

Jan 12, 2018
Unexpectingly entertaining this one was. The story is interesting and the whole body switching was well executed and it didn't look rushly made. The performances helped a lot with it, along with the story that was mostly funny but had it's touching moments. The ending, however, kind of ruined the whole thing. It wasn't only confusing, but it was expected as the twists were easy to figure out. So, overall, 5 out of 10, not too bad but not too good, as it could have been better, if the ending wasn't that predictable.