The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Another Miss Oh

• Members: 14,542
manicmuse
Jun 29, 2016
I have come really close, really REALLY close, but I've never given a drama all 10s so easily before. It's not because it's perfect, but it's because I loved every single episode from beginning to the end. The cast is Amazing, and includes some of my now favorite KDrama characters EVER! The story was totally different than any other romcom I've seen, and kept me fully engaged from the beginning until the end. My rewatch score is an easy 10, since I was often tempted to rewatch episodes immediately while waiting impatiently for new episodes to come out. The music has been on steady rotation in my playlist too.

Most people will be skeptical that this drama deserves all the praise it will likely get, I know I would be. A common question has been, "Is it really that good?". Umm... YES. The answer is YES, in ALLCAPS.

Let's start at the beginning, which most people call slow, but I was completely fascinated from the very first scene. I had a friend who was a sound editor, and I always thought the job was so fascinating, but I love the way they weave that element in throughout the show. I think it's the attention to details like that that makes this drama stand out more than others. Add the psychic premonition/flash forward element to that, and I was hooked for sure. I just had to know what was going to happen next.

I think the writing was really extraordinary in how they married all the different genres together without ever totally losing it's charm. Watching it felt like being on a roller coaster. I liked the ebb and flow of the story... Some moments are cute, some intense, some are passionate, some are heartbreaking, then frustrating, then suddenly hilarious... In telling the story of a mature and truly complicated relationship, they never settle on sticking to one approach for too long. Some people who joined in for the romance may get annoyed during the depressing & frustrating parts, and those looking for suspense probably got bored during the extra romantic moments, but I was too invested in the story to ever be bored, and I knew the story would never stay on one type of moment for too long. I know that personally that "surfing" shirt kept haunting my dreams... One can criticize certain parts of the story for not being realistic, but being real is not my criteria for a great drama. In fact, the only other drama I could see myself giving perfect 10s to is Secret Garden, for most of the same reasons, and that is definitely not a drama that relies on being "real". All the authenticity this drama needs comes from the portrayal of the characters.

Seo Hyun Jin as Regular Oh Hae Yeong, and Eric Moon as Do Kyeong, are not the ideal dream couple on paper. They are emotionally damaged, dysfunctional, and certainly imperfect, but I fell in love with both characters as they fell in love with each other. Regular Oh Hae Yeong's vulnerability broke my heart, and yet inspired me. Do Kyeong's guarded personality was frustrating, and yet I was completely empathetic towards him. The banter in the beginning was fun, their chemistry is perfect, the intensity of their intimacy got me in the feels, and they have the best KDrama kisses EVER. Seriously... ever. No need to fear them touching lips together while standing awkwardly. Eric plays repressed so well, that you would never think that he had it in him. I definitely swooned several times. I am a romcom fam, and have a lot of favorite couples, but they definitely leaped their way to the top couples on my list.

Then there is the rest of the cast. If I could give higher than 10 to some of the supporting cast I would.

Regular Hae Young's parents are the best parents in dramaland... FACT. The family moments were equally touching and laugh out loud funny. Kim Mi Kyung is just so good, and Lee Han Wi balanced her out perfectly. Any scene with them in it was automatically a good one.

The rest of the supporting cast were all 10s, or close enough, and there are way too many too mention, but shout out to the bromancemobile!

Jeon Hye Bin, and Lee Jae Yoon didn't have to rest of being attractive. They each had complicated characters who had me rooting against them while totally feeling sorry for them. I admit that I HATED Pretty Oh Hae Young, but that's because she played her part so well. Tae Jin was much more sympathetic, but both of them made the complicated love dilemma work well.

Kim Ji Suk, Heo Jeong Min, and Heo Young Ji all had very fun & memorable characters, but the true MVP of this whole drama to me is Ye Ji Won. She is my power animal! I had no idea, in her first scenes, how much I would end up adoring her character. Even If the story sucked, and the rest of the cast sucked, I would still be glued to the screen waiting to see what kind of shenanigans she would do next. I don't want to even slightly spoil any of her moments, because the surprise randomness of it is what makes it comic genius. I need to stalk her in something else. If you know of any dramas where she is particularly awesome, please let me know!

I already mentioned rewatch value, but just to be clear, I am tempted to rewatch the whole thing right now. I'll try to wait longer before I watch it again, but I will, without a doubt, be watching it all again... and again.

The music is now my one of my favorite OSTs. I listen to certain songs over and over and never get tired. What Is Love is too cute, and I love that Seo Hyun Jin is singing! Ben's Like a Dream started playing in a store and had me singing along like I know the words... no, I do not speak Korean, much less sing in Korean. Maybe I by Roy Kim is like musical crack. Needless to say, the OST is really good.

Overall, I don't know what I am going to do with my Mondays & Tuesdays now that it's over. I rarely watch on air dramas, but I am so glad I watched this one. I think it was worth it from beginning to end, and yes I did like the ending, but I won't say too much about it other than that I thought it was... in it's own way... perfect ; )

So yes I recommend it very highly. I think a romcom hater, or a melodrama hater, or a suspense hater could all agree that there is surprisingly a little something for everyone. I also loved the message at the end.

Now excuse me while I make some room for this drama, and it's cast on my favorites lists.

xXabsintheXx
May 30, 2017
I'm very glad about my drama trade I did with another MDL user because it made me watch this little gem, that I surely would have never touched on my own. The summary and the promotional covers never piqued my interest before.

There are so many things that I love about this story. First of all is the idea in itself. They did a pretty good job with explaining the visions, making them convincing without making it look too much out of space. With the same pace Do Kyung was getting an idea of what was actually happening to him, it made me understand it step by step, too.

The way the romance was emerging. From the original setup to the new one. Well explained and real. I got a pretty good feel of how deep their emotions were growing and I liked the idea of "fate" here. I loved how that whole relationship was developing, even though they sometimes seemed a little foolish. But that's what love actually is, right? Acting against all logic and not getting bothered about other people's opinions. What makes you really happy and how do you want to spend that one life you got?

I was dying with pleasure seeing all that skinship. It felt comfortable and real and made me very, very happy. When it seemed like their pent up emotions were finally exploding, I felt the same. I'm a sucker for hugs and here are so many tight embraces that I wish I had someone near me who would hug me just at the same time, lol. And their kisses... Don't get me started with those. All these things are one big part of what made this romance so intense and beautiful.

The acting was very impressive. Eric blew me away. His character drew me in to a point where I couldn't stop but root for him all the way, no matter what he did. I saw his remorse, I felt his misery and I enjoyed his approach to slowly change himself and become happy, no matter the outcome. Same goes for Seo Hyun Jin. Her despair, her hunger for love and her feeling of betrayal of life itself were crushingly unfeigned.

There is some really strong writing in this drama. Some dialogues had a big impact on me and made my heart flutter all of a sudden so many times. The story did a pretty good job at riling up my emotions in every way possible.

I also loved the side stories. Interesting characters even though some of them were a little exaggerated. I enjoyed them nevertheless. Do Kyung's sister was one hell of a person. Her on/ff modes were hilarious but what I loved the most was that no matter what, she stuck to her family, supporting them in her own way whether blood-related or not and was always like a guardian. I also loved Hae Young's parents. Although her mother was really, REALLY stubborn towards the end, I enjoyed the time when she was silently giving in, showing that she truly loved her daughter and wanted her to be happy.

About the two second leads here...
Well, I didn't really care for their stories while watching the drama. Now, at the end... Well, of course they had their reasons for behaving the way they did. The other Oh Hay Young... as the story went on, her character became more palpable and explained some things, but it didn't change the fact that I couldn't care less. She had her chance, she blew it. End of story. Han Tae Jin... same goes for him and on top of that he was a petty loser. He couldn't accept the facts, acting all childish, throwing one tantrum after another. Do Kyung and him both did wrong. But at the point where Do Kyung realized his mistake, Tae Jin blamed others and continued his raving, staying blinded by his anger.

The ones I disliked till the end were Do Kyung's mom and Chairman Jang. No further explaining. Just stating that fact.

If there's one thing to complain about, it would be the dragging in the middle and until ep 16. I know that every scene and every moment were important for the story and can't be considered fillers. But I still think that they could have made some things a little shorter and not putting me in such agony >.< (although it makes you wonder if I would have gotten riled up about it with the same intensity, if they HAD made it shorter, right? Haha...)

In the end a very, very enjoyable roller-coaster with many memorial moments. Lots of emotions, lots of ups and downs and very satisfying in the end.

purplenette
Jun 29, 2016
I will preface this review by stating that I'm not a fan of romantic comedy. I am a fan of the cast and decided to watch it. Another mIss Oh has an interesting adult plot that takes from the normal Korean cliches but puts a little twist on it. I don't usually like comedy. Mostly because I don't find things that other people find funny to be funny to me. However, this drama kills it with the comedy. I laughed so hard sometimes. Once when I was at work and people probably thought I was crazy. There are also great meanings as to live each day as if it were your last and you never know where life will lead. I like that for all the crazy of the story it seems real. Partly because of the story, but mostly because of the acting.

The Acting...I don't know where to begin. Usually I would start with the leads, but I have to start with Ye Ji Won as Park Soo Kyeong [Do Kyeong's sister]. She is awesome. For as outlandish as her character is, I felt like she was real and I so wanted to be her friend. I can't say too much because of spoilers, but I love where the writer went with her character. Seo Hyun Jin is also amazing as the one and only (at least in my mind) Oh Hae Yeong. Her forthright character that felt with such honesty was a breath of fresh air. So many times in a drama a character will hide their feelings. Not Her. She feels from her soul. I respect that in people. Eric was also good as Park Do Kyeong as he tries to navigate the confusion and visions that in the end help him look at life in a different and I would even go so far as to say in a more positive way. Ahhh...Kim Ji Suk. I so love him. He is so funny as Lee Ji Sang. Rooftop Party Rooftop Party

Music is good. Some of it really good.

I might rewatch this sometime.

I recommend this to all romance lovers...It is a really nice drama.

Scroll
Jun 29, 2016
The characters make me empathize so much. I've been crying at least once almost every episode for them. Happy when something good happens and despairing when they are unhappy. Very, very well written and directed ensemble. Nice pacing of what is essentially a none story. The supernatural elements are just a spice to make the story move along and catalyst for emotional development. The visions are few and far between, so you tend to forget that this show has supernatural sides.

What should be a "nothing special" TV series, is in fact a very well done drama about people in love, personal relationships and emotional development. Excellent acting, brilliant directing and good paced script. The final episode has the BEST END CREDIT SCENE EVER! ??

dramacray
Jun 28, 2016
I know there are alot of haters on this drama, however, this drama is one of the few dramas that I'm happy I got a chance to experience. the cast and acting has been top notch. the story was a little cliche but the acting more than made up for it.
the plot was relateable, real, funny, sad, but most of all FUN!!
it gave me feels like I haven't had since my first drama.
Its worth a watch.
that is all.
maakopla
Jun 29, 2016
This is a truly refreshing drama and it is different from most dramas. Lately, there has been this new wave in Korean drama industry and the dramas are starting to slowly evolve onto a new level, dealing with much deeper and harder issues, that were taboo in the old dramas. It's even hard to say what is the main theme of this drama, it's rather a mix of everything: comedy, melodrama, romance, some action and a bit of revenge. Along with love problems the drama also deals with past traumas, shows what parents go through because of their children and other stuff that deal with different aspects of life. This is a realistic show that has an ability to tug at your heartstrings.

The story is simple but engaging, at least until the episode 10 or so when it becomes draggy. The 2-episode extension didn't bring anything new to the drama but only stretched it and added to the boring aspects. The director does a great job pinpointing every character's pain and happiness, there is a lot of beautiful scenery and cinematography is superb. But unfortunately, the movie-like aspects soon become boring and slow down the drama a lot. It this was a 10 episode drama it would have deserved 10 points in all aspects but there are too many repetitive scenes and a lot of crying in almost every episode. The first half was amazing and kept me totally hooked, it was hard to wait for the next episodes.

The acting is very good, every part is played well and all characters have their own place.

The ending was a bit disappointing because, even though all characters got their closure, I feel like the two main side characters were pushed aside. They didn't have much screen time during the drama obviously because they were &quot;a thing of the past&quot;, but they still played a big role in the main characters' life and would have deserved more. Especially Tae Jin who had truly loved Hae Jin and whom she had loved too, but she often acted like it meant nothing to her. It would have been nice if pretty Hae Young had more to her as well, not through Do Kyung but genuinely to herself. Also, that "revenge" part felt really forced.

All in all, this is a good drama with a very high rewatch value but it's a bit bland and not very memorable. It stands out a but not in a way that you'd remember it forever as one of the most amazing shows. Rather, this is a calm and slow ride, filled with pastel colors and lots of emotions. Slice of life.

Inkd4life
Jun 28, 2016
For me, this entire drama hinged on the acting of Seo Hyun Jin. I have never experienced such a deep empathy for a character. She portrays someone who is devastated incredibly well. I have found that if she so much as sniffles, I burst into tears. The dead, haunted expression she had through the first few episodes, and the inner strength of her character to put on a brave face to the world stayed with me.

I found the story to be interesting at first. It was different. But after a while it seemed to have lost it's charm for me. This makes me sad, because I was anticipating Eric's return to the screen. That is not to say I didn't enjoy the drama, but it isn't one I would watch again.

As for the music, I am torn. The main song is catchy but annoying. Roy Kim's song is lovely. The two balanced out to a 6.5 for me.

Overall, I rated this drama a 7.5, which about averages the other scores. That is almost exclusively due to Seo Hyun Jin. The side characters were also fun to watch, and their stories were light-hearted interruptions to the main plot, which at times became a little heavy.

I do recommend seeing this drama, even with it's short-comings. If for no other reason than to experience acting that will literally make your heart hurt in your chest.

WhiteLilly
Nov 7, 2016
This drama offered new takes on old themes. We have many clichés here (the-more-beautiful love rival, a rich guy who is anti-social, a stupid chaebol-mom, a "mystery" etc.).

HOWEVER, all of this is depicted in quite a new way: the love rival is actually a nice person and isn't bitchy at all, the rich guy is not THAT rich - just normal - and his anti-social behaviour is totally believable and not over the top. The chaebol-mom isn't really one, but tries to be.

And there are many other aspects, that felt fresh: The main woman's parents, esp. the mom, were no minor roles and showed some hair-wrenching parts of family life. The horny attorny (yeah, you read that right) with the older sister and their wonderfull outlandishly behaviour.
The female and male leads were totally believable imo - I know the actors from interviews and I couldn't see them past their roles. I believed all of it, and even the falling-in-love happened so gradually, esp. for the man, that for once it was real.

The mystery of his visions was really interesting and they even tried to explain it.

The humour - oh, this was awesome. It was a really new kind of humour that I haven't encountered like this in any drama before. It was at the same time crazy but realistic.

The only time I was a bit unnerved was when the back-and-forth between the couple got a little bit too frequently. It was still believable, not artificially emotional as in many other dramas, but still. Thank God, that resolved rather quickly when the guy decided to do what has to be done.

I really think, that I will rewatch it, especially for the humour and this one freakishly awesome kiss-scene.... ^^

mini
Jul 21, 2016
Firstly, I didn’t start watching it for the cast as most people out there. I watched it as romantic comedy is one of my favourite genres.
The drama gives a real outlook on most people’s mind and how they handle relationships and fear of loss with some twists. At first it seems like a psychological one, though I’ll say I am a bit disappointed with the loss of focus on that part later in the series.
Regarding the characters and their development, the leads are oh hae young or just oh hae young as referred in the drama and park do kyung; there’s another oh hae young referred as pretty oh hae young in the drama. Though I liked just oh hae young better than pretty oh hae young.
The story revolves around just oh hae young and park do kyung. Oh hae young is dumped by her fiancé the day before her wedding and is miserable. Then she meets park do kyung and the story develops from here. Though it is quite bitter between them but it grows eventually with twists and turns.
I liked the character development in pretty oh hae young better than any other character. I liked the acceptance that eventually indulges in her. The leap of faith that do kyung takes is also heart touching . just oh hae young ‘s character is what you describe as honest, she reveals and expresses her feelings so effortlessly that it took me by surprise, though I didn’t found much development in her character and I guess I liked it is as it is, I wouldn’t have appreciated a change in her free spirit. Do kyung’s mother is the most annoying character I have ever seen, I would really like to tell her to grow up, she is very very annoying.
The story that develops between the leads was great , though at some point between the series I began to like the chemistry between do kyung’s sister and ji sang better than the main leads.

about acting…soo kyung ( do kyung’s sister) is great. I liked her personality , she is mature and understands and grasps the situations well, though her actions are hilarious and so is her chemistry with ji sang, with seriousness and twists at some point. The leads were good and portrayed the characters well ,especially oh hae young (seo hyun jin) . And yes oh hae young’s mom and dad are sooooo good. I don’t know why but I loved her mom and her dad is so sweet, like really sweet.

the music is good.. some of them cheerful and some of them slow and sweet kind..

I don’t rewatch dramas, so I won’t recommend it.

This is recommended to all romcom lovers, you’ll love it. It’s worth a watch.
And lastly, the review is purely based on my opinion and is not meant to offend or oppose anyone else’s opinion.

xuxu
Oct 20, 2017
This drama become the best drama I have ever watched, I love the story-line, the chemistry between the main leads, and of course the OSTs. Everything was on point!!! The reason why I really like this drama is that there are both sad and hilarious scenes which help balance out your mood throughout the drama. The chemistry between the main couple is just perfect. Trust me, you won't regret watching this drama. Not to lie to you, I have re-watched this drama more than 5 times. I highly recommend you to watch this drama!!!
Lore
Oct 12, 2017
One of the best kdramas out there, hands down. It made me FEEL things from the very beginning, my heart just ached. This actress takes you on a journey, you absolutely feel like you're walking with her through everything.

The male lead complemented her well, quiet to her dramatic, which made his more emotive scenes all the more powerful.

The side characters all had me invested in their stories as well, fully fleshed out-- I laughed and I cried with her mother and father. It was awesome to see something different from kdrama parents (though the trend seems to be improving on this note). Lots of complicated relationships and plot twists you can't really predict, but at the center of it, this is a show with HEART.

sharreb
Jun 30, 2016
This is a story about fate, about love, about overcoming heartache and changing ones fate with the decisions you make. For me, i connected with the story and the characters.
From episode 2 onwards this drama was so engaging and its charm and unique take along with a brilliant cast quickly becomes addictive. Initially you find plain Hae Young to be quite pitiful. You find Do Kyeong to be cold and even a little hateful. But as the story unfolds and the push pull between them as well as fate throwing them together you start to care about them as individuals learning to heal and then rooting them as a couple.
Hae Young goes down in K drama history as one of the best female character, not because shes strong or badass but because of her fearless and even shamelessly adorkable way she throws herself wholeheartedly in love. Despite being burn after being dumped a day before her wedding, she promised the next time she will love wholeheartedly. Needless to say wearing ones heart on the sleeves means embarrassment, sometimes disappointment and more heartache. But these are also the qualities that attracted Do Kyung who although initially guilt ridden becomes fascinated and even disarmed by Hae Young's frank and direct nature.
Along with this romance, we have bromance between Do Kyung and bestfriend Jin Sang, Do Kyung and brother Park Hoon and Do Kyung and his sound team workers. All generated good vibes and laughs. Then theres the family love of Hae Young and her wonderful parents who make you cry and feels the warmth of family like you've been hugged. Finally you get a second romance of noona Soo Kyung and Jin Sang. So this drama is full of heart.
What further separates this drama is the out of this world chemistry between Hyo Jin and Eric.They share shy smiles, lover's embrace and sweet to sizzling kisses. Most of all they look really comfortable and believable. I enjoy all the simple moments of them together like walks on the beach, cuddle in front of the tv watch movies and cooking for each other. Theres some cheesiness but it wasnt too bad.
By the end of this drama i still have the warm fuzzies. The biggest take away message is to live with no regrets, like today is your last day. The impeding death visions allowed Do Kyung to open up and learn to love. His character has the most growth.
Honestly after episode 11 and the extension decision, the drama did lose some of its groove and spark. But episode 17 and 18 really lifts it back up along with my spirits.

In terms of ost theres quite a few tracks that are memorable, touching and suit the scenes.
In terms of picture this drama had some of the most beautiful cinematography. Spring is captured in full beauty.
In terms of sound because Do Kyeong is a sound director (what an awesome job) it also makes me appreciate that element.
In terms of clothing, i thought Hae Young's wardrobe kept improving. And like she says love makes her prettier.
In terms of hair, finally Do kyung gel up his hair in the last scene. He looks hotter that way instead of bangs

Rewatch value is high and thats a big plus in my book since i seldom rewatch but theres too many wonderful scenes in this drama. The plot is not without flaws and the characters aren't perfect but then is life ever perfect. This drama just push alot of the right buttons for me. Its a matter of taste but to me theres really a good balance of many things but still emphasizing the beauty of love. Sometimes its that simple: make your loved ones happyn and you are happy.