White: The Melody of the Curse

• Movie: White: The Melody of the Curse
  • Country: South Korea
  • Release Date: Jun 9, 2011
  • Duration: 1 hr. 46 min.
  • Genres: Thriller, Horror, Drama
  • Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

pinkpanda9913
Sep 1, 2012
It's a perfect 10 for me! i've rewatched this for almost 4 times but i still love this movie!... nice story you'll never get bored.... there's a thrill and some twists along the movie! then the acting was amazing! the music especially white was so addicting... but in this movie it values friendship among girls, it will teach you to have self esteem! to be confident! an to aim high and to stay humble at always.. overall i'll rate this perfect 10!
manicmuse
Nov 4, 2012
I can't believe I sat through this whole movie! I'm a fan of horror movies, and I don't expect them to be cinematic masterpieces, but this one was especially bad. First of all, the plot made very little sense. A group of jealous, and competitive, girls fight over who should be the lead singer of their k-pop girl group once they finally achieve unexpected success. Of course there is some kind of revenge curse involved, set off by a borrowed old pop song, but the story behind the curse is not only hard to follow, it doesn't make much sense. I was bored as the lead character tried to find out the secret behind what was going on. Much of it also felt predictable. What bothered me the most about the plot was that none of the fans of this supposedly successful pop group seemed to care if it's members lived or died. That's not exactly fan loyalty, and made the plot seem completely unrealistic.

The acting was pretty standard for a bad horror movie. They did a good enough job being catty, and looking scared when they needed to. The music was average k-pop, but the main song was not as catchy as I think it needed to be. I was expecting something more disturbing, like suicide club. Instead, this was a sub par teen horror flick. Fans of gore will get a few moments that are somewhat gross, but most of the scares rely on eerie sounds, creepy images, and of course a long haired ghost. And the ending felt like a blatant rip-off of carrie, which was laughably bad.

I've seen so many good reviews for this that I can't believe I watched the same movie as everyone else. I would not recommend this movie to my worst enemy. My guess is that you really have to love melodrama about k-pop groups in order to tolerate this. There are much better movies out there for real horror fans.

Kodeemida
Dec 3, 2013
I gave the story a 9 because I'm hard to please, and this one did a great job. The acting was very well done, especially the dance scenes, and the behavior between the characters. It was acted. The music gave much to be desired, which for a movie about a "song" is kinda sad (another reason it only got a 9 for story line) However I would watch it again and recommend it. It does a great job of luring you into a false sense of security and making you jump.
DoctorJinMedicineWoman
Mar 4, 2013
A reasonably creepy and suspenseful horror flick. Not exactly original, but above-average and lots of fun. If you like stories about idol groups then this may appeal. Another reviewer said this sort of reminded them of Ringu, and I agree that the premise is sort of similar, but this film isn't nearly as scary.
clearlywatching
Jan 1, 2013
Wow I really liked this movie! Its a horror flick but it comes off as a thriller. It's really well done, fun to watch!

Story:: 9/10

Original story, haven't seen a haunting like it. Where the haunting is due to the song! Characters were well structured and they made sense.

Acting/cast:: 9/10

Cast was good, everyone was convincing and it played out well.

Music 9/10

I enjoyed the main song, it was good and i have it on my pl :3..even though its cursed :)

Recommended!
pixelprincess
Jul 8, 2012
The story was pretty good. I usually watch American Horror films, and the story lines in those are usually complete crap. I actually enjoyed this movie, and there were a few times I even jumped a little. The ending was a bit disappointing, but overall, I quite enjoyed White. I watched it on Netflix at 2am, which is the best time to watch it. ;)

The main actor did a really good job in my opinion. She really played her role well. The story wasn't as predictable as some other movies similar to this, and I definitely feel like it is worth watching.